Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 7, 2014 6:11 PM

Mar 2014
I was so happy when I saw Rickert do that slap ^_^
Trash mammal
Oct 9, 2014 8:56 AM

May 2014
It wasn't enough.
The bith slap was though.
Oct 10, 2014 4:11 PM

Oct 2012
Oct 11, 2014 6:08 AM

Jun 2008
Rickert with his bithslap hit Griffith more that Guts and the Skull knight ever managed since he became a God Hand.
So Ricket is op lol.
Oct 11, 2014 8:36 AM

Dec 2010

Bitch slap of the millennium.
Oct 11, 2014 2:38 PM

Sep 2012
I thought Rickert was gonna bow and worship him like everyone else and then he comes and bitch slaps Griffith, solidifying even more my belief of Berserk being an excellent manga.

Based Rickert.
Oct 11, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2014
He should have given him the backhand as well but besides that I have to say i'm really loving the art for Berserk now it looks so clean.......so smooth
Oct 13, 2014 8:06 AM

Jul 2013
good job rickert
Oct 16, 2014 5:23 PM

Jan 2012
Well said Rickert

Oct 18, 2014 3:21 AM

Sep 2014
Awesome chapert!

The bitchslap was well deserved!

I see some people think that Griffith will kill/punish Rickert which i honestly doubt.

Griffith has so much stlye and acts like a real sir, killing a kid would be beneath him imo.
Oct 19, 2014 2:36 AM

Oct 2014
This chapter felt empty I guess it's because I'm used to seeing action all over the place.
And way to go Rickert!!
Oct 19, 2014 3:01 AM

Aug 2014
You have some guts to do that. Good job Rickert.
Oct 22, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2011
how can he be so cool... i think now his right hand is cursed too^^

this may be the first time a human show him hate since he became the "savior"
Oct 29, 2014 11:48 PM

Oct 2012
I read the chapter again just to see Rickert being a BAMF. Worth it.
Oct 30, 2014 12:00 PM

Jun 2012
Is there any word on when the next chapter will be out? these ones were strangely close, i hope it's not another year lmao
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 30, 2014 12:40 PM
Oct 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Slapping a woman... Rickert, that is not nice!

You had Taken the words from my fingertips. However i thought Rickerd would be more calm, hé really exceeded my expectations. I have neler thought Rickerd would easily yield to Griffith's power, but he would say Something like this to Griffith's ear:" you can think that you have won a kingdom for yourself, but you can never have my royality, the Griffith i am Royal to has died along with the members of oldç band of hawks at that Damned knight. Still you had Taken captive of a lot of innocent People and Triched Them to Believe you are a god instead of showing your True self. You are one hell of a bastard. I hope i will have enough Breath to see you, joining the rest of the oldu band. Now if you will excuse me i need to Leave to find where GUTS has Gone to."
Oct 31, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2010
YES!!!! I wanted to see something like this for sooooo looong! Griffith didn't die unfortunately, but a slap is something !!! Good guy Rickert ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2014 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
about time something happened. hoping this is the beginning of the end for Griffith
Nov 7, 2014 2:07 PM

Jul 2009
Rickert you was so awesome in this one! Thank you, I wanted someone to do that for a long long time, hope next time we see Guts!
Nov 9, 2014 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
How dare he hit Lord Griffith
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Nov 10, 2014 8:22 PM
Nov 2014
Wait I haven't read berserk in a while and I just read this chapter. Does Rickert know Griffith is a God Hand and that he's surrounded by top tier apostles? If he does he's an idiot hahaha.
Nov 22, 2014 12:52 PM

May 2013
What a chapter I got for my last read. I have been enjoying these last 5/6 chapters greatly! And Rickert slapping Griffith made my day. I still love Griffith but he has been getting everything he wanted way too easy so this is a welcomed change.

I still don't see how Guts is going to take him down even if Guts gets a power-up. Also Guts needs adult allies, his band of brats are no match for Griffiths demon/human army.

Well I guess that I have to wait for the new chapters to come out. What was I thinking picking another manga that is cursed with tons hiatus -_-
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Nov 24, 2014 7:47 AM
Jul 2011
Fantastic chapter, it's been one of my more anticipated meetings and while I wished Rickert exchanged just a few more words the slap alone said enough of all the build up these past years of his proper answer to Griffith.

Ever since post-Eclipse Griffith has been stroking around in his perfect dream utopia life, only Guts, Caska, and Rickert remains of his past life and (mainly Guts and Rickert) sees the BS for what it is and what was sacrificed for Griffith to achieve it.

Rickert showing the difference in crest wing design from old and new for a brief moment brought Griffith back down to reality. Great scene and the detail in Rickert's face during that panel showed the strength of this series artwork in conveying emotion. I hope he will be ok in the aftermath of all this.
Nov 28, 2014 10:52 PM

Apr 2012
The next chapter couldn't possibly come any sooner.
Dec 3, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2014
I'm finally up to date with the manga! And it sure is sad to have to wait for so long for one more chapter :( But well, I understand only too well how hard it is for the artist to please the readers.

Ah, I swear that slap is still "echoing" in my mind...
Dec 24, 2014 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, I feared Rickert will join Griffith's team but no ! He slapped him like Griffith was a little shit, yeah I don't like him. It's one of my favorite chapter. Looking forward to see more.

Dec 30, 2014 6:52 PM

Jan 2012
so beatiful...
Jan 1, 2015 3:04 PM

May 2013
Rickert just slapped Griffith and walked away. wow
Feb 11, 2015 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
Rickert, you da real mvp.

Feb 16, 2015 6:37 PM
Oct 2013
Great chapter. Now only if the Berserk is updating on a regular basis...
Feb 16, 2015 8:12 PM
Feb 2015
It was good to see Griffith get slapped but if he does decide to react it isn't gonna turn out too good for Rickert, and don't forget Erica.

If Rickert does decide to leave Falconia it's going to be nothing but hell everywhere, and after bitch slapping Griffith I don't think he has much of a choice.

I'm not a cry baby, but I would hate to see Erica get killed and abused. Only way I see her surviving this manga is if that old barn Geezer makes her a disciple and teaches her magical shit.
Feb 23, 2015 10:22 AM

Oct 2013
Never saw this coming.. Now only if Rickert survives till the end of Berserk, that'd be awesome!
Feb 25, 2015 4:27 PM
May 2009
There's no sign of chapter 338 :/ ?
Feb 27, 2015 5:00 PM

Oct 2013
NewDumal said:

I would say within the next 3 years we at least will have another chapter lol.

Feb 28, 2015 10:41 AM

Sep 2011
iAmZiro said:
NewDumal said:

Within the next decade we might actually see a release of a volume. I really wish Miura would just end the manga, it's clear he wants to move on to other things. If that one-shot he made is any indication, he's dying to draw something else.

I'll never get use to how mangaka's like Miura and Togashi can just do whatever the hell they want and their editors don't get on their case. I swear if those two motherfuckers didn't write such good stories I would have dropped this series ages ago.
Mar 1, 2015 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
iAmZiro said:

Within the next decade we might actually see a release of a volume. I really wish Miura would just end the manga, it's clear he wants to move on to other things. If that one-shot he made is any indication, he's dying to draw something else.

I'll never get use to how mangaka's like Miura and Togashi can just do whatever the hell they want and their editors don't get on their case. I swear if those two motherfuckers didn't write such good stories I would have dropped this series ages ago.

Really this.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Mar 2, 2015 6:18 PM

Sep 2011
retrogamer32x said:
Fullmetal89 said:

I agree with that. Also, I think the sad thing is that Miura could end Berserk in a decent way, maybe not the way he intended, in a few volumes just to give the fans some closure. Let Guts & Co. get to Elfhelm, this sets up an invasion by Griffith (since he is clearly not going to let magic users exist as a threat to him), then wrap up everything there. That's just one example I thought of, the point is that we aren't that far from being able to tie it up, if he really has lost his passion.

Yeah we all want some closure. At this point no matter how he ends the story, it wont have the same impact. My fear isn't that Miura will die before he ends Berserk or that Berserk will just fade into nothingness and be forgotten. My fear is that Miura will morph Berserk into the project that he wants to be working on; instead of ending it and starting a whole new series. I feel like that has been slowly happening over the course of the last 10 volumes.

I don't want to sound like a pessimist but the manga has lost focus over the last few volumes. Then again chapter 337 has given me some hope.
FullmetalRaikouMar 2, 2015 6:24 PM
Mar 2, 2015 6:48 PM

Sep 2011
retrogamer32x said:
[spoiler]
Fullmetal89 said:

Yeah we all want some closure. At this point no matter how he ends the story, it wont have the same impact. My fear isn't that Miura will die before he ends Berserk or that Berserk will just fade into nothingness and be forgotten. My fear is that Miura will morph Berserk into the project that he wants to be working on; instead of ending it and starting a whole new series. I feel like that has been slowly happening over the course of the last 10 volumes.

I don't want to sound like a pessimist but the manga has lost focus over the last few volumes. Then again chapter 337 has given me some hope.

I'm pretty much with you there. The recent Sea God arc took that to new heights, as well. I've lurked on some of the Berserk boards and Reddit before, and it amazes me that more people don't see it and keep creating crazy theories for why he might have done a side series, the decline in output, the switch to high fantasy, etc.[/quote]

I use to frequent Skull Knight forums back in the day. A lot of the more hardcore fans are downright delusional. I love Berserk, it's easily one of the best stories I've read and it's a big part of my teen years. That said, it's far from perfect.

I think a lot of the newer readers or rabid fanboys don't realize that the initial appeal for Berserk was it's low/dark fantasy setting. One of the things that got me hooked to the manga was that while it was by no means realistic. It placed the characters in realistic situations in a believable setting. I mean sure if you want to be technical, it's a manga about a medieval demon hunter. Yet at the same it's much more. The demons weren't one dimensional, and weren't born demons. They were made demons. The human element in Berserk has, or I should say had, always been it's strongest point. Miura was very good at writing complex characters and having them struggle through a pretty shitty universe. Gut's being the prime example of this.

As a reader I struggled along with Guts in his journey or at least I felt that way while reading. Ever since Miura started to sprinkle more fantasy into the manga here and there. I've slowly become more detached from the story. Especially when the Dwarven Berserker armor was introduced.

I can forgive pretty much everything else Miura has done but that armor literally defeats Guts as a character. I understand why he added it and I get it makes some sense in the large scheme of things. The problem is that it basically contradicts this entire idea of man fighting against fate. He is no longer just a man with that armor. This is different from the hand cannon, auto-crossbow and ridiculously big sword. This is a magical item that gives him a power up making him closer to an apostle than a man. The fights just don't have the same impact with that armor. It also feels like some copout to have Schriek tag along.

Anyway, lol didn't mean to get into a rant. I'll keep on begrudgingly waiting for updates as I've always done. Until I am too old and tired to give a shit or Miura dies.
Mar 3, 2015 7:43 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I suppose that was nice. See you next year, Mr. Miura!
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Mar 29, 2015 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
What an intense dialogue. Rickert does not have the physical strength of Guts, but he has without doubt his resolve.. and the courage of a whole army to perform such an act.
May 6, 2015 11:28 PM

May 2009
THE SLAPENING
May 7, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2009
Fullmetal89 said:
retrogamer32x said:
[spoiler]

I'm pretty much with you there. The recent Sea God arc took that to new heights, as well. I've lurked on some of the Berserk boards and Reddit before, and it amazes me that more people don't see it and keep creating crazy theories for why he might have done a side series, the decline in output, the switch to high fantasy, etc.

I use to frequent Skull Knight forums back in the day. A lot of the more hardcore fans are downright delusional. I love Berserk, it's easily one of the best stories I've read and it's a big part of my teen years. That said, it's far from perfect.

I think a lot of the newer readers or rabid fanboys don't realize that the initial appeal for Berserk was it's low/dark fantasy setting. One of the things that got me hooked to the manga was that while it was by no means realistic. It placed the characters in realistic situations in a believable setting. I mean sure if you want to be technical, it's a manga about a medieval demon hunter. Yet at the same it's much more. The demons weren't one dimensional, and weren't born demons. They were made demons. The human element in Berserk has, or I should say had, always been it's strongest point. Miura was very good at writing complex characters and having them struggle through a pretty shitty universe. Gut's being the prime example of this.

As a reader I struggled along with Guts in his journey or at least I felt that way while reading. Ever since Miura started to sprinkle more fantasy into the manga here and there. I've slowly become more detached from the story. Especially when the Dwarven Berserker armor was introduced.

I can forgive pretty much everything else Miura has done but that armor literally defeats Guts as a character. I understand why he added it and I get it makes some sense in the large scheme of things. The problem is that it basically contradicts this entire idea of man fighting against fate. He is no longer just a man with that armor. This is different from the hand cannon, auto-crossbow and ridiculously big sword. This is a magical item that gives him a power up making him closer to an apostle than a man. The fights just don't have the same impact with that armor. It also feels like some copout to have Schriek tag along.

Anyway, lol didn't mean to get into a rant. I'll keep on begrudgingly waiting for updates as I've always done. Until I am too old and tired to give a shit or Miura dies.[/quote]

It's like you just ignore the first 3 volumes, where a ton of crazy fantasy shit happens. Then when it goes to Guts past its obvious that its gonna build up from a realistic setting to a fantasy one. Anyways how do you expect Guts to fight against the godhand without some sort of power up, even with the armor he still will probably get rekd by any of the godhand.
May 8, 2015 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
Finally caught up with the manga. No offense however I still don't get why this is rated so high in MAL. I mean yeah the Golden Age was the best and I very much enjoyed reading it but it started to go downhill ever since the author started to add a lot more of the high fantasy elements in the story.
Jun 18, 2015 2:08 PM
Apr 2015
Fullmetal89 said:
retrogamer32x said:
[spoiler]

I'm pretty much with you there. The recent Sea God arc took that to new heights, as well. I've lurked on some of the Berserk boards and Reddit before, and it amazes me that more people don't see it and keep creating crazy theories for why he might have done a side series, the decline in output, the switch to high fantasy, etc.

Anyway, lol didn't mean to get into a rant. I'll keep on begrudgingly waiting for updates as I've always done. Until I am too old and tired to give a shit or Miura dies.[/quote]

I agree completely
I love the first three arcs (Black Swordsman Arc, Golden Age and Conviction) but it started to go downhill ever since the annoying Loli magical girl was introduced

Too much High Fantasy and RPG-like elements were introduced (power ups that Guts group got as an example), the darker elements are all but gone now

The sea god arc (pirates? mermaids? wut?) is easily the worst Berserk arc, at least the Griffith segments are interesting (even though with the worlds merged its too fantastical now)

Still until Volume 25 or so it was pure greatness (when Griffith and Guts meet again on that hill is probably the high point of the series)
Jul 6, 2015 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
and here i am...

after i stopped berserk a while ago not because it was bad just other stuff i finally decided to watch the 3 movies and reread from the beginning and continue to the newest chapter. i know many people don't like the inclusion of all these fantasy elements. personally i have no problem with them. the introduction of these elements felt natural and the cruel brutal nature of berserk is still lingering

enjoyed every single chapter, simply an incredible read

however after i finally caught up i realize just how far away berserk is from any sort of conclusion..
xSanoxJul 6, 2015 11:39 AM
Jul 15, 2015 7:45 AM

Sep 2011
Prasetya said:
You have some guts to do that. Good job Rickert.

I see what you did there!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 30, 2015 6:58 AM

May 2014
Well done Rickert.

darkreaver94 said:
Rickert, you have my respect for that bitch slap.

Oh and this, by far.
Aug 15, 2015 10:24 PM
Apr 2013
Z4k said:
Finally caught up with the manga. No offense however I still don't get why this is rated so high in MAL. I mean yeah the Golden Age was the best and I very much enjoyed reading it but it started to go downhill ever since the author started to add a lot more of the high fantasy elements in the story.

Don't REMIND US
Aug 15, 2015 10:45 PM

May 2015
NOFUCO said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Anyway, lol didn't mean to get into a rant. I'll keep on begrudgingly waiting for updates as I've always done. Until I am too old and tired to give a shit or Miura dies.

I agree completely
I love the first three arcs (Black Swordsman Arc, Golden Age and Conviction) but it started to go downhill ever since the annoying Loli magical girl was introduced

Too much High Fantasy and RPG-like elements were introduced (power ups that Guts group got as an example), the darker elements are all but gone now[/quote]
It's been high fantasy since chapter 1, and it went fully fantasy come the eclipse...there's been knights and magic the whole series what are you talking about

The sea god arc (pirates? mermaids? wut?) is easily the worst Berserk arc,

There is no sea god arc, at least yet, they appeared in the millenium falcon arc and are probably going to appears in fantasia too, but they haven't really got much focus and exposition yet, at leastnot enough for it to be considered an arc.
edit: other way around? appeared after fantasia? whatever

at least the Griffith segments are interesting (even though with the worlds merged its too fantastical now)

lol if you don't like fantasy how have you been reading this manga for 40 volumes

do you remember puck? the fairy arc?

golden age has been far and above the best arc, admittedly. but it's hard to best perfection(exaggeration).

I understand not liking fantasy, but you probably shouldn't have read 400 chapters of it. there's been demons flying around the entire manga, how can you not tell it doesn't fit your interest come the eclipse

I understand the armor complaint but your complaint has nothing to do with the post you quoted lol

SkullKnight fans are really big fanatics though, I'd admit that.
ashfrliebertAug 16, 2015 12:01 AM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 12, 2015 11:09 AM
Nov 2014
That was amazing! Loved the moment when Rickert decided to bitch slapped the shit out of Griffith, he deserved that one alot.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Artstyle is not everything, story matters!!! ( 1 2 )

CoffeewithEdgawa - Apr 7

80 by BakLol »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 14 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 24, 2010

32 by MrGutz »»
Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kage-bunshin - Aug 30, 2009

60 by life_is_cringe »»
Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 9 Discussion

DreamTheater2112 - May 21, 2009

49 by MrGutz »»
Apr 20, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 110 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

23 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 18, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.