Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 8, 2015 10:49 PM

Feb 2009
I found the Chimera Ant arc to be the one of the best in a Shounen anime: the vast array of characters; exploration of emotion and relationships and the intrigue served up regarding Netero just made me click 'next episode'.
Nov 14, 2015 2:22 AM

Jun 2015
[quote=Prasdana]
Prasdana said:
1. Chimera ant arc
2. Yorknew city arc
3. The Election arc
4. Hunter Exam arc
5. Greed Island arc
6. Heaven arena arc
7. Zoldyck family arc (just because of the length)

Nov 30, 2015 1:13 PM

Aug 2015
Yorknew City is the best cuz: the best and most badass group of the history of anime were introduced to the story and made it sooo much better than all the other arcs in the series.
2)ca
3)hunter exam
4)heaven arena
for the rest i don't really care sorry.
Nov 30, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2015
Is it just me that fucking LOVED the hunters exam?
I'd pick that over any other arc any day <.<
Nov 30, 2015 5:18 PM

Feb 2011
I doNt think i ever sat down and read or watched CA all the way through, it was always in broen pieces since it was hiatused or the anime was on when I was busy. I feel like Id like it more, but anyway, I enjoyed Greed Island most. Ot was lighthearted and fun and had interesting mechanics of the game system, and you really saw Gon and Killua growth throughout.

But Hunter Exam will also always be very high in my heart for that awesome beginning adventure. And Yorknew was exciting and engaging in many ways - it was the best character arc for Kurapika and I liked the focus on him quite a bit - it was very well done.
Dec 29, 2015 6:52 PM

Dec 2012
Chimera Ant and Yorknew were both absolutely amazing, but Chimera Ant ultimately come out on top for me due to its fantastic villain, exploration of human nature, diverse cast of intriguing characters and their relationships, and brilliant little touches like the symbolism in the gungi games.
Dec 30, 2015 3:56 AM

Oct 2015
Chimera Ant. For Meruem and Komagi legacy
Dec 30, 2015 5:49 PM
Nov 2015
I'm glad to see the Chimera Ant arc isn't everyone's favourite arc. It was overhyped and I thought it was going to be incredible, and though it had really great moments, I was left a little disappointed. It also made me dislike Gon, him acting like he did made no sense besides for the dark melodrama.

Yorknew just had everything I wanted in it. All the characters were there and it had all the elements of a great story. Maybe it wasn't quite as epic as the CA arc, but it was just more overall enjoyable for me.

My list is like this:
1. Yorknew
2. Chimera Ant
3. Heavens Arena
4. Election
5. Hunter Exams
6. Greed Island
7. Zoldyk
8. Dark Continent (this could become number 1 depending on where it goes... IF it goes)
Jan 31, 2016 10:36 PM

Nov 2012
Just finished Hunter x Hunter Jan 29 2016. Started watching in early January . For me :

1. Chimera Ant (More flaws than Yorknew , but overall still more enjoyable to me. There were absolutely way too many episodes for this arc is really a series in its own right. But I loved the stories and loved exploring humanity in the ants a lot of interesting characters on both sides just blew me away entertainment wise compared to all the other arcs) (Plus showing how beastly some of the lesser explored Phantom Troupe members are with the Meteor City episode)

2. Yorknew City (Possibly the most well executed arc in Hunter x Hunter .. I just loved the darker vibe, interactions, and battles/interactions with Phantom Troupe, especially after being a bit upset with the series leading up to this arc I thought it was a bit too happy go lucky. However I was fairly peeved that Kurapika had such a hax power against them, and I also thought that as awesome as the Phantom Troupe were I felt like their characters weren't explored in the level of depth I wanted since they seem so interesting to me)

Kind of uncertain how to rank the other arcs since I feel like there's a huge difference in quality between CA and YC as opposed to all the other arcs. I'll try anyway though :

3. Heaven's Arena (Some of the fights are pretty good and the introduction of Nen was pretty awesome. Still a lot of bleh episodes though)

4 . Chairman Election Arc (too much talking about election technicalities. I did really enjoy Killua and Alluka story, although her power is quite the asspull in my opinion to save gon. I liked pretty much anything involving Ging in it was either awesome or hilarious)

5. Zoldyck Family (Family of assasins was a lot cooler than I thought. Although I really feel they were gradually fleshed out as the series went on)

6. Hunter Exam ( Initially hated it, but thinking back on it its just okay to me. Pretty much any stuff not involving Hisoka or Netero in Hunter Exam bored me to death)

7. Greed Island (Other than great Dodgeball match which was fucking awesome, bored me to absolute tears. I got upset the moment they started to try to explain all these rules and card game mechanics. Too many damn training montages and dicking around in game I didn't care about at all)
midnightbladeJan 31, 2016 10:57 PM
Feb 12, 2016 2:55 PM
Dec 2015
1. Yorknew City
2. Greed Island
3. Heaven's Arena
4. Chimera Ant
5. Chairman Election
6. Hunter Exam
7. Zoldyck Family
8. Hiatus Arc

The beginning of the Dark Continent arc seems really good so far. If it keeps that quality id imagine it becoming my favorite or second favorite.
SusanBootsFeb 21, 2017 1:15 AM
Feb 13, 2016 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
1. Yorknew City
2. Hunter Exam
3. 13th Hunter Chairman Election
4. Chimera Ant
5. Zoldyck Family
6. Heavens Arena
7. Greed Island
8. Dark Continent Expedition (just because is at the beginning)

I love all arcs, but my favourites are the ones where are the 4 protagonists together. And Chimera Ant arc.. It's difficult, I like it, but yeah, the only defect is that takes so much time to progress, but otherwise that, is awesome.
Rain23Feb 16, 2016 5:49 AM
Feb 14, 2016 5:11 PM
Jan 2011
For me, honestly speaking I didn't like any of the arcs. Not to say I didn't enjoy HunterxHunter, it's a solid 9/10 but what I liked about it are the characters and their development throughout the story arcs. However I find the story arcs themselves quite tedious and underwhelming.
Feb 14, 2016 5:16 PM

Oct 2014
eien_kiseki said:
For me, honestly speaking I didn't like any of the arcs. Not to say I didn't enjoy HunterxHunter, it's a solid 9/10 but what I liked about it are the characters and their development throughout the story arcs. However I find the story arcs themselves quite tedious and underwhelming.

Why do you give it a 9/10 if you find the story tedious and underwhelming?
Feb 16, 2016 1:04 AM
Jan 2011
gabrielrroiz said:
eien_kiseki said:

Why do you give it a 9/10 if you find the story tedious and underwhelming?

I already said it's because the characters were the redeeming factor for this anime. Enough to make me rate it 9/10 even though I didn't enjoy the arcs very much.

The story is tedious and underwhelming for me mainly because of the fight scenes that last a really long time. Sometimes taking episodes to finish. There were arcs that was less focused on fights, but those ones tended to focus on 'training' which was also fairly dull. In the end, my favorite parts of this anime is when there is less fighting and more traveling, enjoyment and interaction. This is one of the few anime in which I like Every Single Character, no matter how good or evil they are. In my opinion that deserves a solid 9/10.
eien_kisekiFeb 16, 2016 1:11 AM
Feb 18, 2016 1:48 PM
Sep 2015
Phew. Finally finished it all.

Ranking the arcs from an overall PoV, including art/characters/story etc would be this for me:

1. Yorknew City
2. Hunter Exam
3. Chimera Ant
4. Greed Island
5. 13th Hunter Chairman Election
6. Heaven's Arena
7. Zoldyck Family

If I would only use enjoyment as the measurement for the ranking it would look like this:

1. Yorknew City
2. Hunter Exam
3. Greed Island
4. 13th Hunter Chairman Election
5. Heaven's Arena
6. Zoldyck Family
7. Chimera Ant
Feb 29, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
1. Chimera Ant
2. Yorknew City
3. Hunter Exam
4. Greed Island
5. 13th Hunter Chairman Election
6. Zoldick Family
7. Heaven's Arena

But they're all 10/10
Mar 4, 2016 8:52 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly I thought heaven's arena had the most enjoyable battles of the series. The battle with Hisoka that led-up to the punch is the single best battle sequence I can remember watching
Apr 16, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2016
1- Chimera Ant 11/10 ( Greatest Anime Arc, Ever.)
2- Yorknew 10/10 ( Legendary arc, Legendary villains)
3- Hunter Exam 9/10 ( Really liked the Hunter Exam, Specially the '99 version)
4- Heavens Arena 8.5/10 ( Great fights, Hisoka vs Gon was amazing)
5- Chairman Election 8.5/10 (Very good arc, i liked all the side characters, even tho nothing special happened, i really enjoyed this arc for some reason)

6- Greed Island 7.5/10 ( Ok this is gonna be long, Overall it was a good arc, not as good as the other arcs. i really disliked the happy vibe of this arc specially coming between Yorknew and CA. Dodgeball match excluded, nothing was memorable from this arc, forgettable characters, forgettable villain. The villain specially was one of the main reasons i disliked this arc, can't believe the same guy that gave us Hisoka, Meruem, Illumi and The Phantom Troupe gave us this annoying one dimensional villain. I feel like Togashi was reading One Piece or something when he decided to give us this one dimensional bomber guy.
Can't even remember his name that's how fuckin unmemorable this guy is.)

7- Zoldyck arc 7/10 ( Good arc, Too short)

I'm rewatching Hunter x Hunter 2011 right now, so maybe i'll change my mind about Greed Island.
Overall, This show is still the Greatest anime i've ever seen.
Apr 16, 2016 2:08 PM

May 2015
no matter what you say, Chimera Ant arc was enjoyable, memorable, had some great fights, trilling suspence, and really great pyschological aspects with humanity. Meruem was a great character, and Netero got some real development

the Chimera Ant arc is definitely part of what makes HxH what it is and thats great

I can barely remember what the Zoldyck family arc even was so that probably comes out at the bottom
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 24, 2016 6:24 AM

Apr 2015
Malarkey said:
no matter what you say, Chimera Ant arc was enjoyable, memorable, had some great fights, trilling suspence, and really great pyschological aspects with humanity. Meruem was a great character, and Netero got some real development

the Chimera Ant arc is definitely part of what makes HxH what it is and thats great

I can barely remember what the Zoldyck family arc even was so that probably comes out at the bottom

The reason chimera ant arc was memorable was because it was so bad. Gon and Killua were completely retarded as the arc started. They forgot all the basics of fighting and got beaten for no reason. Remember that episode where killua got beaten for hours by Rammot and after small talk about friendship, he suddenly one shots the guy?. Then theres ofc the amazing ant soldiers, who managed to master nen without any training, because plot had to have more tougher enemies. I know theres more to the arc, but so far this is what ive seen and its been really shit.
Jun 26, 2016 8:29 PM

Apr 2009
No Soul Society Arc.?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2016 9:16 PM

Feb 2016
1) Chimera Ant/Yorknew
3) Greed Island/Heaven's Arena
5) Hunter Exam
6) Chairman Election
7) Zoldyck Family
Jul 4, 2016 2:46 AM

Nov 2013
1. Chimera Ant
2. Yorknew City
3. Election
4. Heavens Arena
5. Hunter Exam
6. Greed Island
7. Zoldyck Family
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 4, 2016 2:47 AM

Nov 2013
ezaya said:
No Soul Society Arc.?

lol I wanna add Shabaody Archipelago arc too
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 4, 2016 11:16 AM

Sep 2015
Yorknew, followed by the Heavens Arena. Chimera was just boring whereas Yorknew had me interested all the way through
Jul 4, 2016 4:04 PM

Mar 2012
Succession War Arc seems really promising
End Zionazism
Aug 20, 2016 8:44 PM

Dec 2014
Yorknew City Arc for me, the best!!! XD
Aug 21, 2016 2:43 AM
Aug 2016
I solely made this account just to contribute to this convo (and perhaps make use of this site more in the future anyways haha).

I'm glad people are still relatively active regarding this anime :P

After finishing HxH, my opinion of the arcs are:

1. Yorknew
2. Chimera Ant
3. Hunter Exam
4. Heaven's Arena
5. Zoldyck Family
6. Greed Island
7. 13th Chairman Election

I'm not very experienced in typing out reasonings for my opinions, but here goes nothing (probably lengthy and nonsensical :o):

It's tough to separate b/w CA and Yorknew. I really liked the constant feel of desperation/"crap the enemy is super strong and everyone's gonna die" both arcs had. But Yorknew had a more fluid feel and consistently had me at the edge of my seat overall (vs in CA, there were some real slow, narrative episodes that could've been combined/shortened/removed; and sometimes I felt some characters seemed somewhat useless or repetitive at being annoying [i.e. Knuckle - he just got super annoying to me after awhile]). I just really liked the general dark, ominous and somewhat mysterious feel of this arc, which CA also had but more spread out over many episodes. However, the end of CA was real great to me, along with character development and many other things that other users have mentioned.

I don't see what was wrong with Zoldyck, since I thought it was a good arc that showed dedication to friendship, etc. It was short, however, but not a bad arc overall, I think. Besides, I got to discover one of my favorite pieces in the anime (Ginpatsu no Shounen -- Killua's Theme), of which I still get goosebumps when listening to it :)

I honestly felt that the Elections was an arc that had a lot of potential, but was lost and hindered. This is mainly due to the actual elections detracting from the more interesting (and much more important/prevalent, imo) story of Killua helping Gon, and Gon/Ging's subsequent reunion. Killua's side of the story was great to me, as it showed his character even more deeply. The elections became quite boring, and they added so many characters (the Zodiacs) without any sort of character development in them (excluding a few, ofc), unlike what we've seen in previous arcs (in which many characters still had a decent background for them). Also, Leorio seemed to suddenly appear out of nowhere, being all super-emotional for Gon, while becoming so famous for elections so quickly. It felt like a (I hate to say it) 'lazy' way of getting Leorio back into the story. Like, why didn't Kurapika get much attention anymore? Unless I'm missing something, I felt Leorio was somewhat pointless.
Gon/Ging's reunion was good, but also felt rushed, which made it feel like there wasn't the connection between father/son as I'd hoped after such a long journey (so, the development of their meeting didn't seem as serious as I expected). Further, the departure between Gon and Killua seemed just a little unfinished, in a slight way. It didn't seem as sincere and meaningful as it could've been (especially with Gon being Killua's first/best friend and all that). It was still heartfelt, but could've been 'more' (more so than just having a montage in the credits - which was still nice, however, but not quite enough). Overall, the Elections arc just seemed rushed and not as put-together compared to the others (especially after coming right out of the CA arc and its great character development - an aspect of the story that we seemed to have lost in Elections for the most part). This rushed feeling was exemplified with how few episodes it comprised.

I mean, I would also explain my reasoning for Greed Island and others, but I think others have covered the arcs well enough. I'm very glad I got to experience this anime!
kevronicoalAug 21, 2016 2:51 AM
Aug 21, 2016 8:43 AM

Feb 2015
Has to be CA or Yorknew City arc. IF I had to choose then maybe CA, because I loved seeing Gon getting angry :') (The VA did a great job)

1.) Chimera Ant
2.) Yorknew City
3.) Hunter Exam (Loved the shit out of this lol)
4.) Heaven's Arena
5.) Greed Island
6.) 13th Hunter Chairman Election
7.) Zoldyck Family (too short but still an enjoyable watch :D)

I really got into HxH around episode 5 and enjoyed the whole ride through the series.
Aug 21, 2016 8:49 AM
Sep 2007
Every arc without Leorio was a garbage as far as I'm concerned.
Sep 6, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2016
1. Yorknew - Yorknew followed the original intention of the anime for me. When I started watching I continued to watch because I wanted to see Gon fight Hisoka, and I wanted to see Kurapika fight the Phantom Troupe. I wanted to see the Zoldyck's fighting, and I wanted to see real fighting sequences with lives on the line. This arc was all of that plus great story and character development. I loved this arc so much that's probably why the arcs following it scored so low.

2.Hunter Exam - I loved the plot of this arc. I loved that they were being tested beyond human levels, and that Gon, Killua, Leorio & Kurapika were working together to pass! I'm also a huge fan of Battle Royal and the fourth phase manhunt was so reminiscent of that I loved it!

3. Heaven's Arena - Gon vs. Hisoka. simple. If most of the arc hadn't been wasted on them explaining nen in detail for episodes long, this arc would have made it much higher on my list.

4. Greed Island - I really only enjoyed the dodgeball game from this arc. But it is one of my favorite moments on HxH ever. I loved watching Gon, Killua and Hisoka cooperate to become something powerful.

5. 13th Chairman Arc - This arc should have been longer. I loved this arc because it had been a long time since I had seen characters like Hisoka,7 Illumi, Leorio, the examiners and just the original characters. I loved getting to know the Zoldycks more, and I loved finally meeting Ging!

5. Zoldyck Family - I loved getting to know the mysterious and powerful family. I loved getting know Silva and Zeno Zoldyck and just feeling their powerful presence. The whole thing about Gon, Kurapika and Leorio training to open the gates was quite silly to me.

6. Chimera Ant Arc - Yes this is last for me. I have a lot to say about this particular arc because it seriously did not satisfy me. It was enjoyable. But it was not what I signed up for when I watched Hunter x Hunter. This arc was textbook character development and built up so much for virtually nothing in the end. I expected a seriously epic fight in the end but most fights consisted of one character completely overpowering the other. Netero vs Meruem was alright, but not worth all the setting up and building up they did for some 50 episodes. (For me it dragged on) I would have much preferred grown Gon to fight Meruem or something. Or perhaps the Phantom troupe, Hisoka and more powerful hunters to join forces to win.
Don't get me wrong it was a beautiful arc with a touching story but the whole time I was watching I was thinking, I wonder if Chrollo successfully met the Nen exorcist? Where is Ging? Where is Hisoka? Are Killua Silva & Zeno going to meetup and have a little reunion? The whole thing just felt like a totally different anime and it was just not what I was looking for. I was so disappointed that it had to be the longest arc.

Anyways thanks for reading ! :-)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2016 7:25 AM
Nov 2015
Yorknew>Chimera Ant>Chairman Selection>Greed Island>Hunter Exam (I count Zoldyck Family as part of the Hunter Exam Arc)>Heaven's Arena
Oct 28, 2016 4:09 AM

Nov 2014
Well, my personal preference would be something like this..

Yorknew City Arc>/=Chimera Ant Arc>13th Hunter Chairman Election Arc>Greed Island Arc=Hunter Exam Arc>Heaven's Arena Arc>Zoldyck Family Arc

I guess the reason that i put Yorknew City above the Chimera Ant Arc is because Yorknew have a fast pacing and thrilling atmosphere which always keep me on the verge of my seat every episodes.. While Chimera Ant Arc ending is simply the best in HxH so far, i guess the fact that it has more length which cause them to have more"boring" episodes affect the whole story arc for me, it's still one of the best story arc that i've ever seen though..

And while i put Heaven's Arena and Zoldyck Family arc in the bottom of the list, i still generally like them especially the Heaven's Arena Arc whereas it has some focus in one of the most interesting character in the series, which is Hisoka.. While Zoldyck Family arc is too short (i count them as a sub arc)
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 14, 2016 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
Well since only one option is available I go w/ Yorknew City as my first choice. Chimera Ant comes second, even if it was big it wasn't tiring at all to watch and third would be the Elections Arc for one reason, Pariston. Need I say more?
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jan 1, 2017 1:39 PM
Oct 2016
I love posting in 5 years old threads.
Also, my shit taste

Greed Island > Yorkshin > Chimera ant > hunter exam > Heaven's arena > 13th chairman election >>> Zoldyck family arc

The premise of GI is unique and fascinating for an uncultured pleb like me, and I'm blinded by the '99 version's nostalgia
Yorknew fleshed out the world and its inhabitants
The chimera arc is some of the best writing I've seen from Togashi but is rather slow-ish and convoluted, bites as much as it can handle, and that affects the pacing
Leorio is a lovable ass, kurapika is a cold, yet pretty lady, and gon and killua are friendsies4evs
T O U R N A M E N T A R C (Also explaining nen, that's cool I guess)
I'm not a very political person, but FUCK, that shit's hype
Unlikable characters poor storytelling and E D G E. Safe for gotoh, the worst arc in my opinion. Still, bad HxH is better than 95% of all anime and manga
Jan 1, 2017 1:57 PM

Feb 2016
I always liked the Chimera Ant and Yorknew City arc the most.Even if I like everything.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Feb 7, 2017 1:23 AM
Feb 2017
1. Chimera Ant ---- Komugi & Mereum... just prob my favorite of any anime + (" Togashi's Crowing Achievement" ) I forget who to quote on that but seems fit a Title to me.
2. Yorknew city ---- Kurapika & Uvo + Spiders vs. Mafia And Kurapika + Hisoka vs Spiders
3. Hunter Exam ---- Well, just intro to MC's overall very fast move from shonen to hhhmmmmm?? What??
4. Zoldyck Family ---- For me has more re-watch-ability then the next + when Killua breaks his chains to more characters realizing Gon is awesome.
5. 13th Hunter Chairman ---- Ging... I mean Sherlock Ging --- Neteros last tape... Gon's boys' standing Guard.
6. Heaven's Arena ---- Loved moments of Kil threatening Noobs,+ liked Wing and Zushi... Gon VS. Hisoka was epic but personally liked above better...
7. Greed Island ---- Bisky was awesome... Killua Hunter Exam was the Cool... Liked the Dodge ball with Razor... Genthru was underwhelming.
Apr 21, 2017 3:31 PM

Aug 2016
1. Yorknew City - Best fight in the series for me (Kurapika vs Uvogin), also great storyline and action sequences
2. Chimera Ant - Great character development, especially for Killua and Meruem, great fights, philosophical, but had some pacing issues (for ex. 7 episodes covering only 3 minutes of battle)
3. Hunter Exam - I was hooked on this series since episode 1 (just like the lake monster, hehe), I think it was a very solid arc with a lot of interesting tasks during the exam.
4. Election - The arc where the overall goal of the series have been reached! also Hisoka vs Gotoh. It should have been a bit longer perhaps...
5. Greed Island - Bisky was surprisingly a very good character. Also, we got more Hisoka. The "serious" main plot with the bombers wasn't that great, however. The main focus of this arc was the training. Bisky turned these two into MOSNTERS.
6. Zoldyck Family - Killua has an interesting family... Probably the arc with the most development for Gon's and Killua's friendship. Nothing much, I guess...
7. Heaven's Arena - This arc was really just a prologue to Yorknew city arc. Great fights tho.
Apr 23, 2017 10:18 AM
Aug 2016
Chimera Ant then York New City

Best moments:

York New City: When Chrollo tells the Troupe to "Go Wild"

Chimera Ants: Dragon dive when you see Zeno then everybody runs up the stairs in slow-mo and of course the last Gungi game :-(

frzarocApr 23, 2017 10:31 AM
Sep 10, 2017 6:05 AM
Apr 2016
I liked the Greed Island arc. It was so relaxing because they were all having much more lighthearted than any other arc other than the hunter exam. I also fell in love with the third ending because of how cheerful it was and Bisky and Killua's relationship was so comical.
Oct 6, 2017 10:46 PM
Oct 2017
Yorknew city>greed island>hunter exam>election>heavens arena>chimera ant>zoldyck
Chimera ant was way too long and the first half was the worst anime I had ever seen
Oct 28, 2018 11:40 PM
Nov 2015
Chimera is the best in terms of quality but York New is my favorite.
Oct 28, 2018 11:44 PM
Nov 2015
AizenistheGOAT said:
Yorknew city>greed island>hunter exam>election>heavens arena>chimera ant>zoldyck
Chimera ant was way too long and the first half was the worst anime I had ever seen
what about the first half was so bad?
Oct 28, 2018 11:52 PM
Nov 2015
QuickSwordIlena said:
1. Yorknew - Yorknew followed the original intention of the anime for me. When I started watching I continued to watch because I wanted to see Gon fight Hisoka, and I wanted to see Kurapika fight the Phantom Troupe. I wanted to see the Zoldyck's fighting, and I wanted to see real fighting sequences with lives on the line. This arc was all of that plus great story and character development. I loved this arc so much that's probably why the arcs following it scored so low.

2.Hunter Exam - I loved the plot of this arc. I loved that they were being tested beyond human levels, and that Gon, Killua, Leorio & Kurapika were working together to pass! I'm also a huge fan of Battle Royal and the fourth phase manhunt was so reminiscent of that I loved it!

3. Heaven's Arena - Gon vs. Hisoka. simple. If most of the arc hadn't been wasted on them explaining nen in detail for episodes long, this arc would have made it much higher on my list.

4. Greed Island - I really only enjoyed the dodgeball game from this arc. But it is one of my favorite moments on HxH ever. I loved watching Gon, Killua and Hisoka cooperate to become something powerful.

5. 13th Chairman Arc - This arc should have been longer. I loved this arc because it had been a long time since I had seen characters like Hisoka,7 Illumi, Leorio, the examiners and just the original characters. I loved getting to know the Zoldycks more, and I loved finally meeting Ging!

5. Zoldyck Family - I loved getting to know the mysterious and powerful family. I loved getting know Silva and Zeno Zoldyck and just feeling their powerful presence. The whole thing about Gon, Kurapika and Leorio training to open the gates was quite silly to me.

6. Chimera Ant Arc - Yes this is last for me. I have a lot to say about this particular arc because it seriously did not satisfy me. It was enjoyable. But it was not what I signed up for when I watched Hunter x Hunter. This arc was textbook character development and built up so much for virtually nothing in the end. I expected a seriously epic fight in the end but most fights consisted of one character completely overpowering the other. Netero vs Meruem was alright, but not worth all the setting up and building up they did for some 50 episodes. (For me it dragged on) I would have much preferred grown Gon to fight Meruem or something. Or perhaps the Phantom troupe, Hisoka and more powerful hunters to join forces to win.
Don't get me wrong it was a beautiful arc with a touching story but the whole time I was watching I was thinking, I wonder if Chrollo successfully met the Nen exorcist? Where is Ging? Where is Hisoka? Are Killua Silva & Zeno going to meetup and have a little reunion? The whole thing just felt like a totally different anime and it was just not what I was looking for. I was so disappointed that it had to be the longest arc.

Anyways thanks for reading ! :-)
So because the chimera ant arc didn't give you what you want that automatically makes it bad? This is the problem with alot of people who criticize the chimera ant arc because it wasn't what they wanted and I'm okay with people having an opinion but that's a silly reason.
Nov 16, 2018 9:41 AM

Apr 2017
For me its:

1. Yorknew City
2. 13th Hunter Chairman Election
3. Heaven's Arena
4. Zoldyck Family
5. Chimera Ant
6. Hunter Exam
7. Greed Island
Nov 16, 2018 9:53 AM

Mar 2018
Excelent: Chimera Ant
Good: Yorknew City
Meh: Everything else
Nov 19, 2018 8:04 AM

Jul 2017
I can't choose between Yorknew and Chimera. In terms of enjoyment, Yorknew tops for me but in terms of feels and impact, it's Chimera.
So CA>Yorknew, third would be Greed Island because I like the adventure. Heaven's arena is probably the most underrated. Imo it deserves more credit.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Nov 25, 2018 8:01 AM

May 2017
A.Hunter Exam (#3)
B.Zoldyck Family (#7)
C.Heaven's Arena (#5)
D.Yorknew City (#1)
E.Greed Island (#2)
F.Chimera Ant (#6)
G.Chairman Election (#4)

Yorknew City is easily the best

My favorite is Greed Island tho, I dunno I just like the idea and tone of it

Special mention, Greed Island, *sings Hyori Ittai* it's so memorable for me coz it's just too damn long but I still had to put it in 6th best arc
Dec 4, 2018 11:54 PM

Jul 2011
Making a ranking is difficult for me since I loved the anime in its entirety...anyhow:

1: Chimera Ant
2: Yorknew City
3: Greed Island
4: Hunter Exam
5: 13th Hunter Chairman Election
6: Heaven's Arena
7: Zoldyck Family
Dec 18, 2018 1:23 AM
May 2017
People who think CA is the worst arc of HxH probably didnt understand the anime or the manga and only want action and fights. Such people should rather watch Dragon Ball Z.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Yesterday, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.