Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2014 3:34 AM
Jan 2014
The reviewers praise this manga as a good comedy and a realistic story. It id a very good parenting and comedy manga, but everything else is utter BULLSHIT. If this manga was actually realistic, Kouta would've killed himself after the revelations. Absolutely nothing good happens to him, his best friend betrayed him, the mangaka literally fooled him, the landlady gave him a good fucking reason not to trust women agaian, and nozomi is just a huge fucking dickwad. She led him on, suddenly disappear, thrust a child to his "real" father, then shows not even a sign of gratitude to Kouta. If this was even realistic, we would've gotten a murder manga. Seriously, I JUST WANTED A FATHER-DAUGHTER MANGA AND THIS IS WHAT I FUCKING GET?! FUCK THIS MANGAKA, AFTER YOU GAVE GOOD CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, YOU LITERALLY FUCKING SHAT OVER IT IN THE END.

7/10 it was OK
Sep 23, 2014 3:38 AM
Jan 2014
FUK FUCK FUCK FYCK I HATE EVERYTHING THAT WAS INVOLVED IN THE CREATION OF THIS MANGA I HOPE THEY GET FIRED OR SOME SHIT.
Jul 23, 2015 1:28 PM

Jun 2014
You were generous for giving this a 7.

Yeah, agree.
Im not sure what was author thinking. He literally shat on Kouta.

And Nozomi, omfg, I'm ok with lolicon forgiven by Kouta, but seriously, Nozomi?
Ffs, where is the justice, she needs at least to suffer or regret what she did. She's one of the worst character ever.
Fvcking horrible writing.
blessofcurseJul 24, 2015 6:59 PM
Mar 11, 2016 4:31 AM
Sep 2009
Aneurysm much?

Sure, it starts as something of a sitcom, but once the secrets and revelations come out, it pretty much can't come back to the "joke of the week" format (eg. Soichiro's original owners). Reminds me of how X-Files started as a "monster of the week" show, but eventually focused on the myth arcs.

The manga's realistic in that not everyone has super-powers or a mecha, but that's about it. Bunny Drop did a much better job in portraying "realistic" single people in Japan's social structure which is not tailored towards single parents. With OnM, the main characters are all dysfunctional or have a dark secret past in the disguise of being otaku. They're certainly not, say, the otaku portrayed in Genshiken, whose only real conflict is accepting themselves.

Looks like you liked how the characters developed, but that doesn't mean they all become ideal people, nor have ideal endings. There's certainly room for a sequel, so you can have that Nice Boat ending you've always wanted.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otaku no Musume-san Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 7, 2009

14 by E_Creator »»
Aug 6, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Otaku no Musume-san Chapter 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 2, 2008

5 by E_Creator »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Otaku no Musume-san Chapter 5 Discussion

Laevantein - Dec 13, 2009

3 by E_Creator »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:07 PM

Poll: » Otaku no Musume-san Chapter 2 Discussion

Laevantein - Dec 13, 2009

3 by E_Creator »»
Jul 27, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Otaku no Musume-san Chapter 59 Discussion

kleinerwolf - Jun 3, 2011

31 by Zalis »»
Jun 19, 2022 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.