Forum Settings
Forums
New
Would you use this software? Would you donate a small amount of money (e.g. 1$ to help me pay a domain and hosting or other expenses)
Sep 22, 2014 4:15 PM
Mar 2014
Hi, i've been developing a tool to help me manage my anime collection that is around 3TB in size.

I tried to find a simple, easy to use and light (as in not needing much resources) tool that needed to be portable so it could run from my external hard drives.

I couldn't find such thing. They were all big and heavy programs that needed databases to work, which is a bummer because i only needed something small to manage my collection.

When i couldn't find any solution i decided to make one myself.

-It's portable, NO installation is needed for the software to work.

-It's small like around 5MB.

-It's simple and easy to use with tooltips to help the user.

-It does NOT use databases such as MySQL or others that need more resources.

-It works by using small text-like files that contain the informations of each anime. Each anime has it own information file.

-It automatically searches for this "information files" and cover images for each anime inside the folder "Anime" that's in the same directory as the executable.

-It's all automatically loaded into to the program. The only thing that the user needs to input is the informations of each anime.

-It looks good and it has a beautiful GUI (but this is just my opinion)

The software isn't finished, it's still in BETA version. I'm currently improving the code, debugging and thinking of adding a few more features.

Here's some images of the software (the data shown may not be correct) :

(The main window)

(The main window inc. the "See More" window)

(The "Edit an information file" window)

(The "New Anime" window)

(The "Create an information file" window)

Tell me what you think. I want to receive some feedback about it.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

I've made it because i needed it but if the "public" feedback is positive i will probably release it, not quite sure yet. Well, thanks anyways for reading this.
眠らない人は現実と夢を混同すると言われています。

Sep 22, 2014 4:35 PM

Sep 2014
Looks really cool +1
Sep 22, 2014 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
I don't get it, what does this program do? Like all my shows are archived in a folder titled "anime" with folders in there for each individual show

I use ~ in the beginning of the name to denote currently airing (so it orders the show at top of the list)

What does this program do?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Sep 22, 2014 4:40 PM
Mar 2014
Kevin-san said:
Looks really cool +1

Thanks kevin-san.
眠らない人は現実と夢を混同すると言われています。

Sep 22, 2014 4:52 PM
Mar 2014
Lime_ said:
I don't get it, what does this program do? Like all my shows are archived in a folder titled "anime" with folders in there for each individual show

I use ~ in the beginning of the name to denote currently airing (so it orders the show at top of the list)

What does this program do?

Well, as you can see in the images. You can store informations regarding the anime like:

-the type(TV/Movie/OVA/Etc)

-the synopsis

-the total number of episodes and the average time of each one

-etc

It automatically loads an image that is is the folder of the anime and uses it as a cover, you can see the list of episodes in the "See More" window and play them.

Basically, it's just a easy way to store the informations of each anime like MAL does, the only difference is that the program stores those informations in a small text-like file inside the folder of each anime so that you can see those informations without needing to use the internet and instead of managing the anime you have seen like MAL does, it manages the anime that you have downloaded and saved in an external hard drive for example.

Btw, i'm implementing a new feature where you can search for fields, like for example, search for "CoalGirls" in the "Fansub Group" field or for "Currently Airing" in the "Status" field.
眠らない人は現実と夢を混同すると言われています。

Sep 22, 2014 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
Oh, well that makes sense - seems like a good idea for those lacking internet I suppose~

I use MAL updater which seems to do a lot of the above already so I don't personally think I'd use it, but excellent work none the less :]

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Sep 22, 2014 5:03 PM
Mar 2014
Lime_ said:
Oh, well that makes sense - seems like a good idea for those lacking internet I suppose~

I use MAL updater which seems to do a lot of the above already so I don't personally think I'd use it, but excellent work none the less :]

The main utility of the program is to be an "archive tool", where you can see your "archived" anime in a "more organized" way and also, a substitute for those who cannot temporarily access the internet to see their anime informations and other offline but yea MAL Updater can be used as an alternative although it's not quite the same thing.

Thanks Lime_ for the feedback.
眠らない人は現実と夢を混同すると言われています。

More topics from this board

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - 10 hours ago

4 by Kinspie13 »»
8 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
9 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.