Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 24, 2014 1:53 AM

Aug 2013
What? WHAT? WHAAAAAAAAT?!

Art directly commited murder on at least 3 people, and is partialy responsible for mass murder, and all he gets is 6 months of jail???????

What the Hell?!
Sep 24, 2014 5:52 AM

Aug 2013
Ending answered some questions while creating more. 7/10
My Candies:
Sep 24, 2014 6:04 AM
Jan 2010
I totally agree with Sherlupin; and after creating all this mess, plotting murders etc, Hamatora just forgives Art and they are now one big family, right? Yeah... 5/10. And I rememeber first episodes of 1st season and it was quite interesting... I enjoyed those episodes with 'random jobs' instead od complicating 1 main plot through 10 episodes. I am really disappointed.
Sep 24, 2014 6:34 AM

May 2012
So now we ended up with more questions... >.>

Like for one...how did Art survive? Guess we might never know.
Oh well, I enjoyed it a lot more than S1 and at least most of the questions were answered. So not a bad ending!
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Sep 24, 2014 10:01 AM

Nov 2012
Wait so...how did Nice get Skill's heart? I wonder if it had something to do with Moral saying he could still save Nice after Skill's death?
How did Art survive?
I feel like all these people dying and coming back to life kind of cheapens the experience. I do wonder if the scenes with Moral were hinting at a season 3.

I laughed at the graveyard scene :D
SleepyBearSep 24, 2014 10:06 AM
Sep 24, 2014 6:21 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:

The ending felt like a comedy. Oh wait, it is. Art survived LOL.

Yes...that was quite a weird ending. Maybe they got that guy with the healing minimum to heal Art's broken body when he fell. Or maybe something more plausible happened...or maybe it was just magic. On board with the others that Art didn't deserve just 6 months in prison and then everyone forgives him because he is their nakama.
Sep 25, 2014 9:57 PM

Mar 2012
Nice punching Art in the gut saved this episode.
Sep 26, 2014 12:33 AM
Oct 2008
So after all the people who died because of Art... Lets just have a "Welcome Back Art" Party :D

5/10
Sep 26, 2014 4:07 AM
Jul 2012
5/10, he took his own ego/minimum out, no way he could of healed himself, he should've been a happy laughing mental patient half the way down before he finally went splat, you cant cover this plot hole by smearing some comedy and a time jump

6-7/10 if art would've actually died
Sep 26, 2014 4:10 AM
Jul 2012
SleepyBear said:
Wait so...how did Nice get Skill's heart? I wonder if it had something to do with Moral saying he could still save Nice after Skill's death?
How did Art survive?
I feel like all these people dying and coming back to life kind of cheapens the experience. I do wonder if the scenes with Moral were hinting at a season 3.

I laughed at the graveyard scene :D

if you remember in the flashback, when they were escaping, nice got shot through the chest, i would think it went through his heart or at least his lungs, so yeah, since skill was brain dead he could just use his organs to save nice
Sep 26, 2014 8:57 AM

Oct 2009
"Maa ikka" is what I have to say to that ending..

If only they spent developing the characters, their backgrounds and everything else instead of wasting time with non-sensual episodes maybe this could have been better. Everything that happened with Art's brother was revealed in the last episode, rushed without any kind of development between Art, Skill or Nice. No emotional impact whatsoever, worst of all was the "Ultimate" woman her character was just "there".
This season started out with good potential than the last season but it ended up being even worse..

4/10
Sep 26, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2010
Well it had some nice moments and they finally showed/explained why Art went berserk in season 1 but still... how the hell did Nice survive that wound and how did Art not die from falling down that builing/get a life sentence in jail? Though I understand him covering up most tracks of his wrong doings, it's still strange.

And if I'm right, Nice didn't lose his mind like the others because of Skills' heart/consciousness being inside of him? It does explain why he survived getting shot in the past and seeing as Skills' Minimum cancels out Hajime's, it's kind of understandable but still a bit of a stretch. I didn't dislike the ending though but the mix of humor/plotless episodes kind of ruined it for me. A lot of wasted potential but not a bad serie.
Sep 27, 2014 12:12 AM
Mar 2013
the anime didn't meet my expectation 6 is my vote :)
Sep 27, 2014 2:18 PM
Jul 2014
A pretty weird series. Had its ups and downs(but mostly downs). It was still better than season 1 though. Good ending I guess. Giving this a 6/10.
Sep 27, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2011
2.5/10 final rating. XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
This show suffered from the "main characters don't die" syndrome which bugged me to the end. If you're gonna kill a character, please let them stay dead! Wow, as soon as I realized that Nice would never die, his deaths stopped being shocking and just laughable. Especially how it wasn't explained how Art didn't actually die even if he extracted that minimum out.

I'll give this season 6/10 even with its share of flaws (and there were a lot of them) because it managed to tell a full story that season 1 couldn't have and I liked the directing in some places (namely, the scene with it shifts between the government and Art's speech and the entire episode with Hajime was well done). There was still a fair bit of filler for a one cour series but not as bad as the first.

Please don't have a season 3, as this was a good enough ending. lol
Sep 28, 2014 8:08 PM
Mar 2009
Well, now that we are at the end, I have to say that I loved the previous season of this franchise, but I hate this season of it.

This season was a lot more flash than substance, and had really odd pacing. Even after they explained some things at the end, I still do not accept it. Sure, anime often does have a tragic ending, but they glossed over near-genocide at the end so that it would seem happy... it might get the right feels but it also makes me think that the characters had no sort of social responsibility.

On the other hand, perhaps it sort of reflects the times.

That sort of "well, sure, a lot of people were harmed because of me but it is okay once I have a few friends, life goes on (for me) and who cares about what I did before, those people were not main characters" attitude is a bit like how we watch the news about how people are prevented from getting an education and then prevent ourselves from getting an education because we wasted all our mental energy watching the news, then worrying about it... but then feel it is okay because we have friends.

Really, Art killed so many people and just shrugged it off in the end. Being a serial killer and mass murderer really should never be okay.

Even soldiers and police officers can often have difficulty coming to term with taking lives, which is appropriate. It should be a hard thing to do, even if the enemy deserves it. So to have a story where they really seem not to care about all the casualties, well, I hope that humanity doesn't really think human life is cheap and disposable.

As long as you aren't a main character.

I hope that we care about the innocent people who don't even know what is going on, through no fault of their own, and would gladly help to change things for the better, if given the opportunity.
Sep 29, 2014 3:02 AM

Jun 2014
okay i really need a recap of this whole series like wtf?! i love the concept but its all really confusing
Sep 29, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2012
Have to say I liked this season more than the first, but of course I like he series as a whole as well. Pretty campy, and never took itself completely serious, even up to the ending.

I really liked that last scene at the cemetery; it summed up Hamatora very well indeed.

Overall, this season gets an easy 7/10. Very enjoyable.
Sep 29, 2014 10:18 PM

Jan 2011
k... I'm late, but I just finished watching this. The ending was very "WTF?" and this discussion thread is really funny haha, I love all the hypotheses about how Art survived the fall...

But seeing that Nice was able to activate Skill's ego-giving/minimum-reviving minimum, I'm gonna guess that Art's regeneration minimum was reactivated by Skill through Nice.

The syringe has a similar effect on people as Hajime's minimum, where they lose their minimum and go all giddy/happy. Therefore, if others could have it restored when Hajime caused them to lose it, then I think it makes sense that Art's could be restored as well.

Well. Who knows. Only a nice Hamatora Wikipedia page could tell us what really happened. XD

But seriously - how do you just... FORGIVE everything that happened this season and go back to being best friends?!?!?!?! oh my god.............. it's not even like Art was brainwashed, he truly was acting on what he thought was best after recovering all his memories. I'd be living in constant fear as his friend, wondering when he will change his mind and decide I'm better off dead.

7/10... for having such a serious plot, the comedy felt so misplaced. I disliked the style of season 2 with the quick 10 second plot developments with the fade-in and fade-outs. But Nice-kun is still awesome. And happy endings are always good, no matter how incredulous I feel about it right now... XD

Sep 29, 2014 10:19 PM

Jul 2012
laketica said:
I disliked the style of season 2 with the quick 10 second plot developments with the fade-in and fade-outs.

Yeah, one of my major complaints as well. They shouldn't have tried to be so artsy (dat pun huehue) and ruin the flow of the story.
Sep 30, 2014 1:57 AM

Jan 2008
Well, that wrapped things nicely. I liked S2 execution than the previous as well. 7/10.
Oct 2, 2014 6:10 AM

Jan 2011
6/10 I liked parts of this, but it had quiet a few problems that bugged me. In the end I don't think it should have ever attempted an overarching storyline and just stuck to a case of the week format. Oh well at least I could have some fun with it.
Oct 2, 2014 8:49 PM

Sep 2014
Im going to miss this show

All of the characters were amazing (even by their names)

An amazing last two eps, with everything being revealed.

My biggest problem was the dialogue. The dialogue of the main characters and to the freemum members are so different that i was just laughing. It feels unordinary.

9 / 10
Oct 6, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2010
That ending was ridiculous as fuck. So everyone dies, everyone lives and everyone are happy then, just what the heck. I don't think I should never have expected a good storyline from this. For the fun of it might be worth to watch though.

Wouldn't watch a 3rd series, and I hope they won't do it. Let's stop wrecking this show.
Oct 7, 2014 9:38 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know... I think it would've been better if Art died and Saikyou? that bitch got bored and shot her brains out and that's it. Painless and very quick death for someone who did many terrbile shit.

I was hoping for action and shit. First season was way better because of this. They solved cases every episode, kicked some asses and stuff and that's good. This season focused on the plot.. a very ridiculous and plothole-filled plot. It sucks.. really.

6/10 Because I'm kinda in a good mood
Oct 8, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
Other episodes of the sequel was not bad, but this last episode is the best.
Half of the episode just explained some of the plotholes, though many question appeared again.
I really love this show, because I enjoyed every episode but the story is not so clear about everything. I would be happy if this has a sequel or something to explain everything.

I was waiting for one-on-one battle of Nice and Art, its awesome but it just take a while.
Hajime's voice "Nice-kun I'm hungry!" <3 cute
Everyone is fine and happy, I'm glad.
That ending was overwhelming. I will miss this show T^T
Oct 17, 2014 6:29 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty nice episode. They tied up most of the loose ends pretty nicely imo, however that still doesnt explain how Art is able to use others Minimum.
Oct 17, 2014 7:36 AM
May 2012
Well, that ending will do. It was actually good. This episode was good.
Anime had faults, but I still enjoyed it. I like how they are all still buddies with Art.
A season 3 would be alright with me with just them, taking jobs. It was a pretty fun ride; both season 1 and 2. Thank you ^^
Oct 19, 2014 5:38 AM

Dec 2010
Other than Art's survival and pardoning it was a great finale to the season. It was not as climatic as I'd want it to be to the franchise still though.

1. Characters. +1. I've always liked the characters from Hamatora and they got better development this season. hipster/10
2. Atmosphere. +1. The dark atmosphere was delivered successfuly as intended. I couldn't take lightly any of the episodes this time. There were some especially good parts.
3. OST. +1. It delivered on the level of S1 if not more, I liked it.
4. Animation. +1. It was good enough, fitting the season's theme. I don't really like it better than in the first season though.
5. Background story. +1. There was actual backstory this time, I can't complain, even if most of it was mediocre, it answered all my questions regarding the franchise so I'm really content.
6. Storyline. There was actual plot this time, albeit not really an impressive one. The points where most of the episodes ended weren't handed well too. It's cool though, as I'm not really into Hamatora because of plot.
7. Ending. +1. It was a really plausible ending to Season 2, I couldn't have asked for more. I still hope it's not the ending of the franchise as it was not cilmatic enough if it is.
8. Drama. The drama was not lacking, but it definitely was not on a high level, especially with this franchise's unability to kill off anyone from the good side. Not that I want them dead, drama is another thing I'm not watching Hamatora for.
9. Overall affect. Most of the time what was happening felt really irrelevant because the script of the episodes was not handled well. The whole season could've been handled better overall, though it wasn't bad in the end.
10. Bonus score: +1. Because this is Hamatora after all, if nothing else I'd watch it just because of this. I love the franchise and I'm glad enough that there's more content for these hipsters coming out.
Overall score: 7/10. Don't let this piece be the last one.
Oct 19, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2013
Solid ending to a good series.

Tied everything up pretty nicely
Oct 19, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
The ending was better than I expected at least.
The prequel was still definitely better in terms of action.. and also antagonist for me.
Momoka was a beauty.. but the death was like whattt ? It makes no sense. -___-
Art is just.. stupid is the only word I could think off. I don't want to even go in dept about him. Moral did a better job.
They should have just kept the high contrast and striking animation for their minimums instead changing and adding the frequent transitions.
This season look so dull compared to before. Not to mention all the illogical things that took place lol. The theme doesn't really fit.
I enjoyed the episodic plot in the first season than the whole seriousness and then push the gags all in a single episode.
The thing I liked about this season is only the little Nice-kun and Hajime-chan moments. Too little though. ;(
Anyway it was a nice series for me even with all the downside in this sequel.
Oct 24, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2014
I started crying so bad in this ep and then I thought Art died for real and I had to pause cuz so much tears blocking my vision but then the cemetery scene happened and thank god for a good ending, that scene pretty much summed up Hamatora haha. Oh god, this is why I don't watch anime in the middle of the night, them emotions be creeping up on me.
Oct 27, 2014 11:29 PM

Jan 2012
great anime overall imo..

no further comment is needed
Nov 16, 2014 9:14 AM

Mar 2012
Yeah, you were only responsible for the deaths of an entire train's worth of people, plus various people driving/riding cars...but hey, I'll only kill you if you die again though....

Loved the 1st season, majorly disappointed with the 2nd....often times it was predictable other times it was just like "What?"

6/10 for me....i could state other reasons but I don't really feel like restating what has been said before

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 8, 2014 12:30 AM

Aug 2010
I really liked how they closed Hamatora. I mean sure there are a lot of plot holes but I sure do enjoy a happy ending every once and a while. There wasn't a single dull moment and I'm on the edge of my seat in every episode.

But even if it was good it wasn't the best. One of the things that I hate was the constant eye catches or fade outs it ruins the flow of the story. And speaking of which the episode after Murasaki got beaten by Art and the Freemum gang was so comedic it ruins the mood of thinking that Murasaki is presumed dead (I did really thought that he died).

Maybe I'm getting old or something but I liked the happy ending. Hamatora did a good job closing the series but I don't recommend making a third season which just might ruin the whole thing.
Jan 3, 2015 5:42 AM

Nov 2009
I just ask what every other commenter out there asked: wtf with that unexplained bullshit of Art surviving a fall from a goddamn skyscraper?! I like Art and all, and I'm kinda glad he's alive, but bs is bs, and if they had decided to resort to it, they should've at least taken pains to explain the hows.

Nice's surviving after getting stabbed was a classic example of 'main character's plot armor', but it doesn't make it OK.

I had hopes for Hajime to finally become a character more alive and fleshed out than a piece of cardboard, but alas, she stayed as bland and boring as ever, simply being there for the purpose of fanservice and Nice's love interest.

Saikyou's suicide is somewhat believable in the context of a bored psycho rich bitch getting off her rocker completely, but Moral's appearance in that scene is damn confusing.

Speaking of morals. They're pretty fucked up in this show, not uniform at all and overall weird. Art supposedly being released only after 6 months for one - he didn't kill anyone directly, he's not evil just confused as hell, but still, he was one of the main causes of the disturbance. For two, it's Murasaki's deed: he didn't know that Art has a regenerative ability at the time, so I don't see how he can be excused after brutally beating Art, his friend, to almost death and then shooting him in the head with full intention to kill him, all of which was broadcasted live all over the city, yet no one even scowls at him? Like, seriously?

Overall, the show tried too hard, I think. The 1st season was better.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 22, 2015 12:04 AM
Jul 2013
I think Art's Minimum is Flight. Kinda makes sense since he didn't want to get left behind but once he truly let all of his jealousy go, he flew(?) I'm thinking that his trigger was just to let go of it all. After all, he's pretty much never laid back his entire life.

Plot remained a bit too convenient though. Everything went to poop and suddenly everyone's okay again. But I'm for a happy ending. I just wish it was more creative and not so convenient.

Kinda wish Murasaki got more screen time in the end since he's my favorite character but what can you do. Nice was too boring a main character. The manga was more interesting because it told it from the point of view of Murasaki who was more human. Heck, I'd be okay if they told it more from Art. A bit disappointed at how they made him the convenient bad guy. Feels a bit too much like a certain mainstream manga/anime with ninjas lol.

The build up for the ending was great but they lacked a true villain per se. It didn't feel satisfying when Art got beat 'cause he wasn't the true bad guy so what's the point. I felt like the leader of the Freemum would've been a better final boss. Never liked the guy and I wouldn't mind the Hamatora gang beating Freemum up.

Finally, the limitations of their Minimum was a fantastic plot device. I truly felt more attached to the characters as I saw them slowly losing themselves. I would've been okay if they all lost their powers one by one but still retained their ego like Murasaki did. Would've made for a tougher, but more satisfying, final fight against Freemum. I'd give a solid 8/10 for the entire anime.
Apr 5, 2015 1:26 AM

Jul 2008
Shitty ending
Apr 24, 2015 12:28 PM
Aug 2012
art sucked out a power he used several during the fit with nice obviously not his immortality thats how he survived the fall tho an interesting point would be to see in a future where art and nice are still both alive as they both seem to be immortals and everyone else died long ago and they lived far to long to keep going how they cld finish each other off
Aug 6, 2015 3:31 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending in general I must say, this season was for me a bit weaker than the first but it was still quite amusing to watch! All in all a good finish of this series.
Sep 7, 2015 2:29 PM

Feb 2015
Ailly said:

Bullshit that Art survived that fall. Though the guy does look nice in a ponytail.

agreed lol

Komomo said:
Someone please insert Nice and Art kissing during the ending OP LOL

i was actually expecting nice and hajime to do so in the end. would have been nice (no pun intended).

flowerheaddress said:
So much wasted potential.

agreed. could have been much (MUCH)better.

HussEsper said:
Someone explain why moral is here

i was confused at first as well but i just think it's just symbolism, because of the flowers that she had next to her.
-----
i....actually liked the ending. it explained a LOT (so THAT's how he knew about hajime's reaction! so THAT's how his brother lived! etc) EXECPT about nice's survival LOL

so he had no powers after all. the falcuta had made a mistake.

i liked how saikyou killed herself. she'd done every bad thing on earth, so there really was nothing more for her to do. great end to her. rest in hell, baby.

nice (again, no pun intended) to see hikaru get a true GF, i guess.

"Nice-kun!"
"I'm hungry!"
that was cute.

i liked how the ego explanation about powers was. interesting.

ok ok now for the explaination. art did NOT survive. remember the line "If you DIE AGAIN, I'll kill you." he did die, but just resurrected. HOW, i have no idea. but he did die.

now as for "He lived because of his given minimum." well remember 5 (or 6, i think) that said he'd stay dead if he wasn't killed to the heart? that kinda messes stuff up since art's first death was to the brain, not heart....-_- so who knows how he did.

i actually would have socked art in the face than the gut. although you live that suicide was stupid. i still want to say YOU IDIOT still.

this ending was hands down better than S2. i really liked it. overall rating of season, 5/10. overall series, meh, 7/10 because of the cool powers and detective feel in S1.

wouldn't recommend the story to others to go through the pain, but the ending was worth it for me. explained a lot and a lot of pressure was taken off my back. would only re-watch or recommend ONLY for the powers.
Jan 18, 2016 11:19 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
=/ Ugh, just how many characters actually died (like stayed dead) in this anime lol?

Like how they shoved the whole explanation in that last episode.
Apr 3, 2016 12:52 PM

Feb 2014
So yes, first of all, the last Episode was like the other ones. I have some really really good questions about that but first:
The Episode was little boring in my eyes. The whole Anime was little boring (But still i couldn't stop watching it). The Fights are Epic but they are missing something but i don't know what, maybe more Action Fights. Also "Nice" we know hes strong but still he doesnt do anything, he is just Mad all the time i was hoping that "Nice" will go angry/berserk Mode but no. Ok still it was good so 7/10

And the Questions, how did Nice survive? And what was Moral doing there? Is he Alive? How did Art survive?
Lot of questions but saddly no anwsers.

Anyway 7/10 for the last Episode and 7/10 for the Series. Let's move on!
Apr 14, 2016 7:25 AM

Feb 2012
I don't know about you, but I heavily liked this last episode! Although some questions are still unanswered, nonetheless, I'M JUST SO THANKFUL ART IS STILL ALIVE!!! God, that last scene wherein Nice suddenly punched him and went all "If you die again, I'll kill you!"

Long-haired albinos are my weakness. GOD I'M JUST REALLY SO HAPPY HE'S ALIVE. Although how the fuck that happened, no one knows...

I still don't get how Nice survived that. I mean, something about Skill, sure, but how exactly?

He wants to top me someday

7/10!

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jun 8, 2016 11:58 AM

Apr 2012
wait wtf so art dosent go 2 jail or something after all that?
Jun 13, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2014
ArcanaTrace said:
Pretty nice episode. They tied up most of the loose ends pretty nicely imo, however that still doesnt explain how Art is able to use others Minimum.
yeah, how did he figure that out while Moral couldn't before? Is Art special in that regards, that he can take others Minimum? Heh, pretty funny that Art doesnt have to go to jail or anything about that stuff happened lol
Jul 10, 2016 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
i wanted more fan service with nice using hes powers... god dammit.. that was one of the MAIN reasons i was watching .. had good music and art and animation... if more focus was on plot this be a great anime..

.. hated how they keeped using fake character deaths.. to make it seem interesting.. then boom.. there alive..

so why did'nt 'mr '' outsider come back ?/... i liked him ;/
TheDiabolicEsperJul 10, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 17, 2016 11:37 PM

Oct 2015
That was a let down in the end and i had high expectation about the ending. Art being not dead sucked and the only characters that died was Momoka and those Freemum guys. How many times has Nice supposed to be dead, that was disappointing.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 28, 2017 1:30 AM

Nov 2014
Only about 3 episodes worth of worthwhile watching... Just lucky the final half of the final episode was decent.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

135 by niookookjo »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:23 PM

» The show's message is contradictory

AnimeJunki3 - Oct 9, 2021

1 by Yatsu1689 »»
Oct 10, 2021 6:28 AM

» Is Hamatora a shonen or a seinen?

Sherlupin - Sep 9, 2014

7 by kari-ya »»
Sep 7, 2021 11:30 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2014

45 by DeathMitaka »»
Apr 28, 2018 8:36 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

63 by TheDoggoneGirl »»
Sep 9, 2017 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.