Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 9, 2017 1:26 AM

Sep 2008
pcgrl said:
Very dissatisfied with this ending. There were so many places Futaba could've expressed her feelings and instead we get nothing. It sort of makes the journey feel like it was for nothing. Oh well 5/10

Don't forget this adaptation of manga.
Anime follows manga very close.
If anime staff wanted end anime on one season it was good moment/time to finish it.
Since in manga this moment was also like end of first part.

I think anime was made to bring more people/fans to check out source material.
Even OVA aren't added to DVD/BD, but to manga volume and even OVA still tell you: "You want know more? Read manga".
Jan 7, 2018 3:54 AM
Nov 2015
A satisfying ending both for Kou and Futaba. It's nice to see Futaba with her new set of friends who truly cares for each other. The star scene was really cute. Good to see Kou finally made up with his brother and dad. Glad that everyone passed the exam. It was funny when Touma-kun labeled Futaba as perverted girl. It seems that Tanaka-sensei is interested too with Murao. Another love triangle is forming, poor Kominato. Pretty much I feel that the romance haven't really progressed so I'm hoping for a season two. Giving this a 9/10

Nov 9, 2018 3:32 AM
Nov 2018
My glob, i hope someone will answer and read this right away lmao. I'm so confuseeeeeeed, the special chapters (Awaken 2 and 3), does it have animation? Or like the series? OVA? or its just a special chapter (in paper/manga form) that wasn't published thru video or OVA?
Nov 9, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2008
uncalm_watcher said:
My glob, i hope someone will answer and read this right away lmao. I'm so confuseeeeeeed, the special chapters (Awaken 2 and 3), does it have animation? Or like the series? OVA? or its just a special chapter (in paper/manga form) that wasn't published thru video or OVA?

Ao Haru Ride: Awaken are special (manga) chapters added to first edition of anime DVD/BD.
Nov 9, 2018 5:31 PM
Nov 2018
LittleStar said:
uncalm_watcher said:

Ao Haru Ride: Awaken are special (manga) chapters added to first edition of anime DVD/BD.
then you mean that there's no video adaptation of Ao Haru Ride:Awaken? Likr it's just a special manga series, something like that? I'm sorry but I made myself somehow confused because of my overwhelming love for Ao Haru Ride 😂😅
Nov 10, 2018 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
uncalm_watcher said:
LittleStar said:

then you mean that there's no video adaptation of Ao Haru Ride:Awaken? Likr it's just a special manga series, something like that? I'm sorry but I made myself somehow confused because of my overwhelming love for Ao Haru Ride 😂😅

Yes, Ao Haru Ride: Awaken is just special for DVD/BD
but there is Ao Haru Ride OVA (2 special anime episodes) bundled with the 11th and 12th volumes of the Ao Haru Ride manga.
Nov 10, 2018 6:13 PM
Nov 2018
LittleStar said:
uncalm_watcher said:

Yes, Ao Haru Ride: Awaken is just special for DVD/BD
but there is Ao Haru Ride OVA (2 special anime episodes) bundled with the 11th and 12th volumes of the Ao Haru Ride manga.
okay then! Thank you so much for helping me!
Mar 5, 2019 10:48 AM

May 2016
That ending monologue makes me dwell on the score of this show, it really well explained the meaning of the title, I have this strange feeling in my chest now oh boy.

I would definitely check out the manga as well, really great show. 7/10
Mar 30, 2019 11:46 AM

Aug 2017
I'll give it a 6/10, only because I think Futaba is such a beauty. Otherwise it would be lower.

Apr 11, 2019 2:37 PM
Mar 2019
I will buy 2 xl pizza on the first person that delivers 10 boxes of tissue paper to my house.
Kebinsann :)
Apr 11, 2019 2:38 PM
Mar 2019
I’d just like to say every bit of this anime is amazing. I love it love it love it, I’m just a sucker for romance to tell you the truth no shame.
Apr 11, 2019 2:40 PM
Mar 2019
I have faith that in a far far future or soon soon future, we willl have a season 2. I want , wait NOOO , I NEED A SEASON 2. Kimi ni todoke and Blue spring ride are probably gonna be on my top 2 romance anime list for a loooooong time. Oh wait. Top 3, your lie in April is god like romance level too
Oct 5, 2019 5:08 PM

Oct 2009
I wish there were more episodes
Mar 18, 2020 6:09 AM
Mar 2020
There's literally nothing happens in this anime
Mar 31, 2020 2:11 AM

Aug 2018
That is not my cup of tea
May 6, 2020 8:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Omg omg it was so boring I was dying
May 23, 2020 10:12 PM
Sep 2015
Ao Haru Ride is a but different from other shoujo's which is good but it had me craving something more T^T

Unlike other shows no one had confessed like at all, nor was there any kiss. LIEK-, that's not bad, I've just been soaking up lot's of gushy shoujo like that. In some like, Say Ily, or My Little Monster (Both shoujo's I watched years ago and rewatched recently) Someone usually confesses within the first few episodes and their relationship romantically blooms or so, so that's kind of what I was looking for in this show. :(( Maybe I just wasn't expecting so much of a slice of life type production. (Does that make sense?)

However, it was still very wholesome and sweet. Kou's realization scene was so pure, I'm sad that either Futaba nor Kou were able to know each other's feelings clearly. And how Kou is changing his name to Tanaka after highschool--- *cri*

Was intrigued to know who Toma was, poor boy was groped by Futaba and got that sorry apology :( LMAO zoomed leaving him feeling violated.

BUT YALL SAW TANAKA SENSEI MIGHT GOT THE HOTS FOR SHUUKO IIIIIIII---

When he said "So you don't mind if it doesn't end up with her hurt."(*paraphrased*) IIIIIII BRUUUUUUUUUUUVVVV BRUUUUUVVVVV I ALMOST COMBUSTED HE- HE- O_O I see you Sensei... I see you.

Anyway will definitely have to read the manga, hopefully I'll get a little more out of it. I have a lot of other manga I said I would read before so Ao Haru Ride will have to wait a little while ^^
LeeDeeDeeDeeMay 23, 2020 10:19 PM
May 25, 2020 7:52 AM

May 2011
I can always count on a classic shoujo to give me a quick breather from all the heavy stuff. I like that there was some more substance to this one; reminiscent of Orange a bit. Glad there's an OVA to watch because it needs some closure.

Jul 16, 2020 12:06 PM

Apr 2015
The famous super typical shoujo; absolutely nothing special of course, but it's apparently hard for anime to hit even that 'nothing of note but solid' spot; this in particular does almost everything correctly from front to back, keeping the show from falling into common pitfalls similar shows fall into despite the- to be bluntly honest- mediocre material at its disposal.

It's nice to see a show focus almost 100% on the MCs; outside of them everything was middling at best, and this managed to not add any unnecessary half baked drama or the like that would have inevitably ruined the show. The whole package was clean and thoroughly enjoyable

Unfortunately, this is also probably one of Marei's worst performances in her whole career.
LanzJul 16, 2020 12:10 PM
Sep 16, 2020 4:03 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
When I first started watching this I'd thought it'd be your typical high school romance shoujo whatever anime. And for the most part it was, and I enjoyed it. But I think it's more than that, it's a redemption story that is of course focused on our edgy but deeply troubled kou. Kou helped futuba get over her problem of putting up a facade for herself in just a few episodes, but then it really shifts to futuba in return helping kou face his past as she cares about him.

Initially it pained me to see that neither of the two truly confessed their feelings for eachother by the end of the season, as I do want some fulfillment to what I invest some time into. But this wasn't your average shallow highschool love drama, the two helped overcome eachothers fears, and had their relationship grow into something deeper. Haven't read the manga yet, I do plan to, but as for the anime itself I found it to actually be quite mature in relation to its genre.

It's a redemption story elevated by their feelings for each other. While I still don't get exactly why kou broke down in that exact moment (perhaps it's just all the love he has been receiving from futuba building up until that moment), this was a good work of art of an anime, and I hope i can find more of similar quality out there.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 8, 2021 8:13 PM
Aug 2019
Chitai said:
second season soon yes please thank you

10/10 from me. The whole water-colour affect was wonderful and the story followed the manga nicely. I loved it.
Didnt happen :'cc
Sep 23, 2021 10:03 AM

Feb 2019
A pretty good ending, albeit open ended. Since I'm watching this years later, I guess there is no second season. I expected a bit too much from the anime because of its reputation (and my own personal expectations), but it was still a pretty good series. Definitely going to pick up the manga.

Wished there were more scenes of Shuuko though. She's by far the prettiest character in this series I think, and she can be really cute in her interactions with Tanaka-sensei. Definitely want to see more of that in the manga.

A solid 7/10, leaning towards 8 but I felt it wasn't enough to tip the scales over.
Jan 28, 2022 8:43 PM

Aug 2019
Touma was traumatized by Futuba lmao 💀

Kou is self conscious now!! He’s acting a little like his middle school self lol

The ending was ✨friendship✨
Mar 4, 2022 8:58 AM

Aug 2015
7.5/10 for me.

everything up till ep 6 or 7 was good, mainly focused with the romance, and any eps over 7 was mostly drama.. which was okay but it got stale through the end of the season.
Oct 1, 2022 2:47 PM
Nov 2021
it was realy cute <3
Nov 3, 2022 2:53 PM

May 2020
So dad wasn't a ghost after all.. and he didn't seem like a bad person too because he still was telling his kids the good sides of her mother, though why divorce then? Either way it isn't the first thing which didn't make sense in this series, we have a plethora of those. From shallow friendships to the tsundere main dude, and above all the god forsaken, LOVE TRIANGLE. Also sensei, just teach your kids, don't flirt with them.

If there's one thing to appreciate, that's the insert song they played from time to time, and obviously the colour pellets.

Most of the time I go and read manga with these kinda series having no sequel in sight, but I know I'd never with this one. Took me a long time to get this series done, but still hate this. 4/10.
Nov 17, 2022 7:02 PM
Aug 2022
i love it its realy good
Dec 29, 2022 6:13 AM
Jan 2022
good episode, i liked it
Feb 7, 2023 2:04 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah, got the wrap up I about expected. I wasn't too particularly sure besides the expected what was going to be in the episode, but the dinner with Kou's and Yoichi's dad was heartfelt. It felt about right that the actual main relationship of the story would be left open-ended, but like, not really? Especially with the credits and all, it felt pretty open and shut kinda thing. But if there's one thing I've learned with Kou, he is strange, and often times very dumb when involving love. A strange, strange man. It was a great watch though, I enjoyed my time here.
Feb 22, 2023 1:23 AM

Jan 2021
Why... why did it have to end when it was starting to get better?

The moment when Tanaka-sensei was moved to tears by Kou coming to eat together was touching. I, honestly, was very moved by it. I think I might never be able to relate or resonate with Kou's suffering but I at least tried to understand his world a little bit, and at that moment I felt it was a big step for Kou Mabuchi to take.

Aaahh I want to see Futaba's interaction with that guy! xD

Edit: I like how Futaba describes Kou, it always makes Kou seem so much more attractive. I know Kou is good-looking, but the way Futaba describes Kou is... what is it? Like... sweet, or beautiful maybe? (sorry for lack of a better word). Maybe it's the look of a maiden in love~
hanakocheeksFeb 22, 2023 1:32 AM

Mar 20, 2023 1:33 PM
Dec 2021
second rewatch
would give it a 11/10 if I could
Apr 5, 2023 6:06 AM
Jul 2021
wish it would get a second season but now it's made me determined to finish it through the manga.
Apr 24, 2023 8:47 AM
Jun 2021
i love ao haru ride so much, it was so refreshing to see kou cry so beautifully, this anime means a lot thank you.
Apr 29, 2023 3:10 PM
Nov 2022
The fact that they don’t get together at the end 😡
Jul 6, 2023 5:22 PM
Jul 2023
If there was a season 2, this would've been a better experience knowing there's a continuation. Instead, we got an ova. Not the best I must say.
Jul 6, 2023 5:22 PM
Jul 2023
If there was a season 2, this would've been a better experience knowing there's a continuation. Instead, we got an ova. Not the best I must say.
Sep 2, 2023 12:54 PM
Aug 2023
I ended up really enjoying the anime. most of the episodes made me cry but I think its cause I related to kou. I learned about what happens in the manga after the anime and I dont think i would read it.
Sep 6, 2023 11:28 AM
Jan 2021
the family dinner was very emotional for me, i hope kou and his family are able to continue healing.

what a great end to another great romance anime <3
Sep 9, 2023 4:58 AM
Sep 2023
I wanna see the season 2 and I'm waiting for it eagerlyyyy!!!🫠 Pls bring it back production ig. I'm waiting for season 2 of ao haru ride🥺💗
Sep 12, 2023 6:43 PM

Dec 2009
Rough Draft Notes of 2015:

Sep 17, 2023 6:15 PM

Jan 2022
I wasn't expecting it to end like this. Why didn't Fubata and Kou start dating ahhh that annoys me so much. Tempted to read the manga now. I feel like this series should've been like 24 episodes long because it feels incomplete.
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 18, 2023 12:10 PM
Jun 2023
Malisima, no se ve evolucion en la historia y en el final intentan resolver todo pero no pasa nada y queda todo abierto
Dec 29, 2023 11:49 AM

Jun 2017
Very typical shoujo archetype without being overbearing and cutting useless dramas.When done right this genre sparkles.
7.5/10
Jan 5, 6:18 PM
Nov 2023
nice! very cute anime
Jan 20, 11:01 AM
Jan 2024
so cute, kinda slow but i could kind of relate
Jan 25, 1:45 PM

Sep 2020
Show felt like a less interesting mix of Real Girlfriend and My Little Monster. The Futa/Kou romance was top-notch, but the rest of it was so-so.

7.5 missed connections /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Apr 13, 8:47 AM
Jun 2016
Watched and rewatched and rerewatched. Soft and sweet and the cutest <3
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

176 by cooldogmom »»
Sep 16, 2023 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.