Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2014 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
I'm really bored right now, and I haven't seen a topic in Casual Discussion for awhile that's made me really wanna get into the whole "Discussion" bit, so just for shits-and-giggles, what kinda anime do you think MAL would be?

Would certain posters be quirky side-characters?

Would the ending be dark and gruesome, with loads of blood and gore for shock value?

Would we even last an entire season?

Discuss what kind of anime would suit us MAL users best, and where we'd all fit into things. Personally, I typically see online forums working out like a high school anime. My old forum was more of a romantic drama, but MAL definitely feels more like strict comedy.

At least I never see anyone get serious about anything, heh.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2014 12:02 AM

Apr 2014
Hentai.

A god damn incest loli futa hentai.

Because that's all we seem to talk about all the time.

Sep 22, 2014 12:03 AM

Jan 2014
It'd be a skit-based comedy. "Episode 1: Sexual Arousal"
Sep 22, 2014 12:03 AM

Apr 2012
Obvious trap hentai

Sep 22, 2014 12:16 AM

Mar 2014
The MALimation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2014 12:17 AM

Feb 2014
I would imagine something like Lucky Star but 10,000,000,000 times more vulgar, offensive, and sexual with lolis raining from the sky and incest marriages legalized.

Sep 22, 2014 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
It's weird that you guys think it'd be so heavy on the incest and hentai.

Just because we TALK about that stuff nonstop doesn't mean we all GET it. ;P

Also, no one wants MAL to be some shounen action series? C'mon, we could totally have fun attack names and stuff!
I can't think of any myself though. I'd probably be some side character who sells stuff. ;-;
Nvm, I don't wanna be a shounen action series. *Sobs*
Sep 22, 2014 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
I'd like to be one of the main characters who looks like a girl but actually male. Because that's what I am irl.
Sep 22, 2014 12:21 AM

Sep 2012
The plot: a bunch of people barge into a restaurant, and start downloading eating anime food off of people's plates without paying, and then proceed to tell each person who ordered that food that it tasted like shit, and they are a shitty person for ordering it.
Sep 22, 2014 12:23 AM

Mar 2014
Red_Keys said:
The plot: a bunch of people barge into a restaurant, and start downloading eating anime food off of people's plates without paying, and then proceed to tell each person who ordered that food that it tasted like shit, and they are a shitty person for ordering it.
And then Red_Keys comes in and points out when they're being insecure about their sexuality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2014 12:24 AM

Jan 2010
A mix of The Daily Lives of High School Boys and Watamote I guess.

It would probably run for a season and quietly die off before being found a few years later and revived into a modestly successful 4 minute gag comedy series.
Sep 22, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2012
MAL the anime would be the story of a bunch of people hanging out in a big city going about their daily lives for a little while. It would take time to introduce the characters and let the viewer get to know them. It'd start out with MellowJello going to the city of Tokyo for the first time. There he'd meet a hip and smart teenager by the name of Tavor who'd show him around the city. After being shown around, he'd meet all sorts of people. From the no-nonsense bisexual comedian Red_Keys to the city eccentric chunibyo Battlechili1 to the city informant IntroverTurtle. But all is not it seems in MALebukuro....Many dark and strange happenings soon occur after an evil mastermind by the name of SSJMaster starts causing trouble in the city. In an effort to combat the trouble, the god of the MALebukuro, Xinil, grants those he feels most fit for finding and stopping SSJMaster special powers, but in exchange for those special powers they must defeat SSJMaster. If they don't agree to find and stop him as he causes trouble, Xinil threatens to destroy the city. So MALebukuro's heroes all go to stop him. IntroverTurtle offers helpful information and keeps a watchful eye over the city, looking for any sign of SSJMaster's presence. Whenever IntroverTurtle finds one, he uses his newfound telepathic powers to communicate with the other main characters to tell them of any leads. Meanwhile, the police of MALebukuro, Luna_, Kineta, Suzune-chan, and many others all try to help restore the damage that SSJMaster continuously causes in the city. At first its minor things, like vandalizing street signs or littering, but soon it escalates into robbery and eventually murder.
Things are looking bleak in MALebukuro, until finally IntroverTurtle discovers where SSJMaster is hiding. Together, the telepath Introverturtle, the shapeshifter Battlechili1, the heroic swordsman MellowJello, the samurai Red-Keys, the Hamster Zeally, and the mecha pilot Tavor band together to go at it in a final showdown against SSJMaster. In the end, they fail to defeat SSJMaster but at least manage to temporarily make him leave, but not without Tavor suffering a terrible wound. He'd never be the same again, and someday, SSJMaster, the evil monster behind it all, hopes to attack the city once more.....
Sep 22, 2014 12:25 AM

Sep 2012
BarryManilow said:
Red_Keys said:

They then start screaming "I'M STRAIGHT PLEASE NOTICE HOW STRAIGHT I AM" and leave without offering a tip.
And then Red_Keys comes in and points out when they're being insecure about their sexuality.
Added relevant plot points.
Sep 22, 2014 12:28 AM
Jul 2014
Meokii said:
I'd like to be one of the main characters who looks like a girl but actually male. Because that's what I am irl.
Well done...?

I'd like to be an antagonist, one at the very beginning who's just an asshole but gets beat up in the first episode and later becomes a comedy relief character with the occasional badass team up moments and then I'll snatch the show from underneath yous and get a parody.
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 22, 2014 12:29 AM

Feb 2014
Battlechili1 said:
MAL the anime would be the story of a bunch of people hanging out in a big city going about their daily lives for a little while. It would take time to introduce the characters and let the viewer get to know them. It'd start out with MellowJello going to the city of Tokyo for the first time. There he'd meet a hip and smart teenager by the name of Tavor who'd show him around the city. After being shown around, he'd meet all sorts of people. From the no-nonsense bisexual comedian Red_Keys to the city eccentric chunibyo Battlechili1 to the city informant IntroverTurtle. But all is not it seems in MALebukuro....Many dark and strange happenings soon occur after an evil mastermind by the name of SSJMaster starts causing trouble in the city. In an effort to combat the trouble, the god of the MALebukuro, Xinil, grants those he feels most fit for finding and stopping SSJMaster special powers, but in exchange for those special powers they must defeat SSJMaster. If they don't agree to find and stop him as he causes trouble, Xinil threatens to destroy the city. So MALebukuro's heroes all go to stop him. IntroverTurtle offers helpful information and keeps a watchful eye over the city, looking for any sign of SSJMaster's presence. Whenever IntroverTurtle finds one, he uses his newfound telepathic powers to communicate with the other main characters to tell them of any leads. Meanwhile, the police of MALebukuro, Luna_, Kineta, Suzune-chan, and many others all try to help restore the damage that SSJMaster continuously causes in the city. At first its minor things, like vandalizing street signs or littering, but soon it escalates into robbery and eventually murder.
Things are looking bleak in MALebukuro, until finally IntroverTurtle discovers where SSJMaster is hiding. Together, the telepath Introverturtle, the shapeshifter Battlechili1, the heroic swordsman MellowJello, the samurai Red-Keys, the Hamster Zeally, and the mecha pilot Tavor band together to go at it in a final showdown against SSJMaster. In the end, they fail to defeat SSJMaster but at least manage to temporarily make him leave, but not without Tavor suffering a terrible wound. He'd never be the same again, and someday, SSJMaster, the evil monster behind it all, hopes to attack the city once more.....

That actually sounds pretty entertaining and watchable.

Mar 2014
SlothPriest said:
Meokii said:
Well done...?

I'd like to be an antagonist, one at the very beginning who's just an asshole but gets beat up in the first episode and later becomes a comedy relief character with the occasional badass team up moments and then I'll snatch the show from underneath yous and get a parody.
I don't even know who you are.
Jul 2014
BarryManilow said:
SlothPriest said:
Well done...?

I cri everytiem
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 22, 2014 12:30 AM

Jan 2014
BarryManilow said:
Red_Keys said:
When he makes his entrance, there would be some kind of magical girl transformation scene. With nudity and rainbows. Lots and lots of rainbows.
Sep 22, 2014 12:33 AM
Jul 2018
The thing with SSJMaster reminds me of the ending of Persona 3.

The mods being the main character and his team, of course. The rest of MAL would be Social Links. Dibs on being Maiko. "My parents are getting divorced! Is it my fault...?" "Yes, yes it is."
Sep 22, 2014 12:52 AM

Jul 2014
It would be a death game or giant battle shounen where people murder each other for differing opinions.
Sep 22, 2014 1:01 AM
Jul 2018
Sword Art Online is good. *Readies weapons*
Sep 22, 2014 1:15 AM

Oct 2009
Anti_Meta said:
I would imagine something like Lucky Star but 10,000,000,000 times more vulgar, offensive, and sexual with lolis raining from the sky and incest marriages legalized.

Don't forget that polygamous relationship is legal for men and women, which makes a total confusion when a child has 10.335 fathers and step-mothers.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 22, 2014 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
SlothPriest said:
BarryManilow said:
I cri everytiem

It's ok I don't know who you are too, but that's how stories always start and the ones unknown always survive last
Sep 22, 2014 1:29 AM
Jul 2018
Well duh. You can't kill off a character who you haven't introduced. Unless you introduce them in a prequel spin-off type thing.
Sep 22, 2014 1:29 AM

Mar 2013
Yaoi or Yuri Fanservice.
Happy Halloween
Sep 22, 2014 1:32 AM
Jul 2018
Of course MAL would have fanservice. Wtf would we do without that fapping gold mine?
Sep 22, 2014 1:33 AM

Jul 2014
Don't forget every Anime character would have thousands of wives and husbands or both.

So people would kill each other for ownership too.
Sep 22, 2014 1:34 AM

Jun 2014
A good portion of it would probably be a bunch of people questioning each other's genders.
Sep 22, 2014 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
There would be "protests" because the anime adaptation is not being faithful to the "source material".

Then we'll end up with an "anime-only" storyline.
Sep 22, 2014 1:46 AM
Jul 2018
What do you think the major difference between MAL: The Anime and MAL: The Manga would be?

I bet the voice actor who played me wouldn't capture my essence at all, and then I'd have to write an angry blog about it.

Mashiro Yuki sounds better dubbed. Fite me irl.
Sep 22, 2014 1:46 AM

Sep 2012
SaucyNudityBaron said:
A good portion of it would probably be a bunch of people questioning each other's genders.
The entire cast would consist of traps, sweet
Sep 22, 2014 1:47 AM

Mar 2013
MAL: The Anime - would go 100% haywire and completely get off of the Manga material.
Happy Halloween
Sep 22, 2014 1:47 AM

Jul 2014
The Manga would have like 500 Chapters and the Anime would shove 200 into 10 Episodes. Then end on a cliffhanger and never continue.
Sep 22, 2014 1:48 AM
Jun 2014
SaucyNudityBaron said:

Please list a number of known traps on MAL so that I don't flirt with the wrong gender. Thanks.
Sep 22, 2014 1:49 AM

Mar 2013
Revelry said:
SaucyNudityBaron said:

Please list a number of known traps on MAL so that I don't flirt with the wrong gender. Thanks.
Can i trust that you arent one yourself?
Happy Halloween
Sep 22, 2014 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
Revelry said:
SaucyNudityBaron said:

Aren't you a trap tho?!
I'm a trap. No one knows my true gender.
Sep 22, 2014 1:51 AM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:
They then start screaming "I'M STRAIGHT PLEASE NOTICE HOW STRAIGHT I AM" and leave without offering a tip.
Isn't it just hilarious how this is already starting? Like, right now?

Ah man, never change MAL.
Jun 2014
PDot19 said:
Revelry said:

Ditto, because you give off that bishounen vibe.
Jul 2018
No cliffhangers dammit!

And I'm a trap. But not the trap you all think. I'm actually a woman who's listed as male so men wont hit on me. Clever eh?

No, but seriously, I'm a dude.

Probably.
Sep 22, 2014 1:52 AM

Mar 2014
Choose a role for me and I will bestow upon you my wisdom.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Sep 22, 2014 1:52 AM

Mar 2013
Revelry said:
PDot19 said:

Ditto, because you give off that bishounen vibe.
I need'nt such praise.
Happy Halloween
Sep 22, 2014 1:53 AM

Jul 2014
Mashiro-Yuki said:
No cliffhangers dammit!

And I'm a trap. But not the trap you all think. I'm actually a woman who's listed as male so men wont hit on me. Clever eh?

No, but seriously, I'm a dude.

Probably.

We all know you're a fucking Hideyoshi. Stop trying to deny it, or you're going to spawn some weird fucking Shadow that will scar the minds of innocent users such as myself who are only 12 years old.
Sep 22, 2014 1:54 AM
Jul 2018
@Red

Why on earth would we all go so far to make our heterosexuality obvious? Every forum I've ever been on, the name of the game was to be as gay as possible, and never reveal who was actually straight.

Not that there's anything gay about two bros doin' it. Only if you make eye contact. On purpose. With the lights on.

Otherwise it's totally straight. Totally.
Sep 22, 2014 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
Can I be the bartender that the protags always go to for shitty advice?
Sep 22, 2014 2:01 AM

Mar 2014
Fo-Fai said:
Can I be the bartender that the protags always go to for shitty advice?

Let that be my role.... not.

I'd be better suited for an emo's role who lives alone in a fridge and wallows in self-pity everyday yet has the best to offer to everyone.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Sep 22, 2014 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
But Rat, if you're only 12, and this is MAL, doesn't that mean, as your 19 year old Oniichan, I'm supposed to show you what love is with my penis?

I mean vagina. Because I'm a girl. Yyyyyep.

@Genio
Isn't that like, every main character in every anime ever?
Sep 22, 2014 2:03 AM

Jul 2014
Mashiro-Yuki said:
But Rat, if you're only 12, and this is MAL, doesn't that mean, as your 19 year old Oniichan, I'm supposed to show you what love is with my penis?

I mean vagina. Because I'm a girl. Yyyyyep.

I am an Alien and my species has no gender, our bodies just lay eggs at regular intervals. I posses no orafices that could be penetrated nor do I posses anything that could penetrate an orafice. Also even though I am 12 in my years, I am about 250 in Human Years.
Sep 22, 2014 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
That's soooo hot. Can we just like, rub against each other or something? Please?
Sep 22, 2014 2:08 AM

Jul 2014
No my species is so horrifyingly ugly that if humans look at it they're driven to suicide.
Sep 22, 2014 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
That's even more arousing.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » representation or relatability ?

soniyay - Apr 14

28 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » People who leave MAL (finish the thought)

IpreferEcchi - 9 hours ago

4 by deg »»
9 minutes ago

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - 4 hours ago

5 by deg »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends?

pludel2 - Apr 10

36 by ninjaberserker »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » How will things look in 40 - 50 years?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 7

35 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.