Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 30, 2009 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Uiharu and Kuroko's past. Kuroko had always that voice LOL.

That shorter hair fit her perfectly <3
Oct 30, 2009 10:01 AM

Dec 2006
SURPRISE! past arc. with this and the revelation the other day that it will be 24 episodes, it seems totally certain that it will end with the lu arc, which is absolutely fine by me. shaping up to be an excellently balanced series. the filler isn't really filler.

believe it or not this time all that was new was the frame story that allowed them to insert the past arc without making the progression seem overly arbitrary (such as what sort of happened with the multiepisode past arc in the first season of shakugan no shana).

i still prefer the manga art but i have to say that i really liked how juvenile kuroko was pulled off. and of course arai satomi was flawless as always. these are the strongest characters i have ever seen (in terms of characterization; other interpretations may apply; see store for details).

caps:
Oct 30, 2009 10:01 AM
May 2009
I was hoping that this part was going go be an OVA, but they used it for more character development instead, which I thought worked out really well. Once again, happy with what they've done, integrating the chapter where Kuroko and Uiharu met each other with some of their own stuff.

Really like how they did it as Kuroko telling Mikoto a story, too, and I'm happy the episode ended on a good note...though my stream decided to go offline before I could see the preview.
Oct 30, 2009 10:04 AM

Dec 2006
yeah, kono yarou went to bed before we could see the preview. though with my bad track record predicting things from the preview (i think i'm 1/3 now) i doubt it would have told me anything anyway, lol.

oh well, only be a few hours before we can see it.
Oct 30, 2009 10:10 AM
May 2009
protoman96 said:
oh well, only be a few hours before we can see it.

Ayako Banzai!!
Oct 30, 2009 2:44 PM

Nov 2007
Past arc with their first job. Misaka helped them behind but they don't know?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 30, 2009 4:23 PM
Feb 2009
i hated episode 4 because toma is an annoying incompetant brat
Oct 30, 2009 4:36 PM

Sep 2007
Well we got plenty of development with Uiharu and Kuroko. Although I'm still looking for a sign of significant plot movement, which hasn't exactly happened yet.
Oct 30, 2009 5:07 PM
May 2009
Wasabi said:
Well we got plenty of development with Uiharu and Kuroko. Although I'm still looking for a sign of significant plot movement, which hasn't exactly happened yet.

Just watched the preview, and next week should be chapter 2 from the manga :), which means we're easing into the plot again.
Oct 30, 2009 5:46 PM

Dec 2006
lol, yep. that's what i thought this episode was going to be.

so close, yet so far away!!!
Oct 30, 2009 5:59 PM

May 2009
Boring Kuroko past failures, no Biribiri , no Touma , no yuri , only bore.
Oct 30, 2009 6:02 PM

Apr 2008
Can't believe how small Uiharu and Kuroko were before middle school.
I wonder if Kuroko ever realized that Mikoto saved her on that day.
Oct 30, 2009 6:47 PM
Dec 2008
kuroko shirai stinks... they could completely omit her from the show for all i care.... now if they had done a little character modification and had put a voice that is a bit less annoying it would have been fine... but they didnt so its annoying when shes in an episode... thats why episode 4 was so good... she was barely in it... this series would have been perfect if they had concentrated on mikoto misaka... i think...

stupid filler episode -.-
Oct 30, 2009 7:02 PM

Jan 2009
it was a good touching episode imo... you guys are heartless... though I would have to say the flower girl didn't do anything... lol wow people really do hate kuroko.
Oct 30, 2009 7:22 PM

Dec 2007
I don't know what it is about that voice....but I can't get enough of it. Kuroko has been poorly represented in this thread. I liked that this episode added a degree of depth to her already entertaining character.
Oct 30, 2009 7:28 PM

May 2008
awww is touma gonna appear again?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 30, 2009 7:44 PM

Sep 2009
canders5 said:

*dies*
I love Touma.
Oct 30, 2009 7:55 PM

Oct 2008
Nice background story but still a "meh" episode.
Oct 30, 2009 8:08 PM

Jun 2007
This really is the best series of this season I think. I'm glad they've got it at 24 eps instead of 12 or 13. I really home we see more of Touma, even though he is only a supporting character. But watching the interaction between him and Mikoto is funny.

And I too love Kuroko and her voice. I think the voice is awesome.
starryskyOct 30, 2009 8:13 PM

Oct 30, 2009 8:11 PM

Jul 2009
greenmush said:
awww is touma gonna appear again?

Hope not because his so bloody annoying...

An episode with focus on Kuroko and her relations to Kazari :)
Pretty neat episode but not very much happening though, and I really wonder how those two robbers have managed to survive that far seeing they got taken out easily by a small girl.
I mean one kick in the chest is not going to make you black about especially not from a 60 pound girl.

Though since Kuroko is one of my favourites (adore her voice) I loved this episode =D
Oct 30, 2009 8:29 PM

Jun 2009
Railgun: best way to end a week and jump-start a weekend!

Who knew Kuroko could get even more loli? And I must agree that her voice is just spot on perfect.
Oct 30, 2009 9:48 PM

Jul 2008
Uiharu and Kuroko were so cute.
Oct 30, 2009 9:51 PM

Nov 2007
Only an OK episode, IMO =/ needed more mikoto
Oct 30, 2009 11:46 PM

Sep 2008
It was nice I guess but nothing too great, it has been 5 episodes and still the plot hasn't come in :/ I want either the plot to come in or at least some more Touma, I only like Misaka and him. The others are all annoying.
Oct 31, 2009 12:28 AM

Jun 2008
I could honestly care less about Touma, UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE, one of the biggest reasons why the first series was fail was because of this useless excuse of a main character.

I was hoping we would never see Touma or that idiotic Index, that red haired dude was fucking fail too. The series is fine with just BiriBiri and the other girls.

Also, everyone needs to calm down about Kuroko, without her, there is no way I would keep watching this series, I'm pretty sure that deep down the majority of the people like it when Kuroko is doing her yuri antics with Mikoto.
Oct 31, 2009 1:07 AM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed this episode...though I wasn't expected it to be a flashback episode. I guess the story continues next episode.
Oct 31, 2009 3:05 AM

May 2008
Can't believe how small Uiharu and Kuroko were before middle school.
I wonder if Kuroko ever realized that Mikoto saved her on that day.
wheres touma ? D:
Oct 31, 2009 3:22 AM

Oct 2009
I was shocked that Uiharu is so weak after all. Too bad those thiefs escaped on top of tazing Uiharu and hitting with a car door Shirai. Saten never stops that upskirt lift of Uiharu, so this time it is leaf clovers....whatever. Most impressive is the past of Shirai and Uiharu in primary school. Most impressed with Komari's power of x-ray vision, which is interesting because you can see if anyone carries soemthing dangerous like a gun. Equal Speed....making any object go at the same speed until it gets destroyed or ability stops. That is crazy think of something big that cannot be destroyed and it can created big destruction. Feel bad for Mii getting that wound from the robot blowing up, Shirai for getting kicked in the face/getting her ankle stomped. Was surprised Shirai only knew how to teleport others at first and not herself. I though she learned faster than that. Of course Misaki saves the day. Informative episode this was.
HoaRy said:
Uiharu and Kuroko's past. Kuroko had always that voice LOL.
That shorter hair fit her perfectly <3

Ok but it does not beat cute Uiharu here:

Monad said:
alexcampos said:
I could honestly care less about Touma, UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE, one of the biggest reasons why the first series was fail was because of this useless excuse of a main character.

I was hoping we would never see Touma or that idiotic Index, that red haired dude was fucking fail too. The series is fine with just BiriBiri and the other girls.

Also, everyone needs to calm down about Kuroko, without her, there is no way I would keep watching this series, I'm pretty sure that deep down the majority of the people like it when Kuroko is doing her yuri antics with Mikoto.

This.

No way Touma is the best. You can't beat his ability's unique features.
francismeunierOct 31, 2009 3:34 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 31, 2009 3:29 AM

Jun 2008
alexcampos said:

This.
Oct 31, 2009 3:47 AM

Jul 2009
Kuroko: ''There's also some level 5 called Railgun there. She must be some arrogant, annoying bitch.''

Awesome. ^^
Oct 31, 2009 4:17 AM

Sep 2008
PR3DAT0R said:
Kuroko: ''There's also some level 5 called Railgun there. She must be some arrogant, annoying bitch.''

I lol'd at this
Good Job !
Oct 31, 2009 5:36 AM

Jul 2009
nice episode. good to see some character development
Oct 31, 2009 6:22 AM

Jun 2007
Everyone hating on Touma, huh. I'd like to see him appear more often though.
Anyways a good episode, the show is doing quite fabulous.
Oct 31, 2009 6:49 AM

Jul 2008
HybridKira said:
PR3DAT0R said:

I lol'd at this

Ironic isn't it, now that she cling on this same level 5.
Oct 31, 2009 7:10 AM

Jan 2008
canders5 said:

this annoying incompetent brat just happens to have defeated the strongest lv5 esper, saved a nun with an entire library encoded in her brain from losing her memories and saved a vampire killer dressed in miko outfit from the hands of an insane alchemist.
yvancOct 31, 2009 7:15 AM
Oct 31, 2009 7:47 AM

Sep 2008
wohoo 24 episodes long!!!
im going to miss lil shirai....is less anoying
mikoto sure is everywhere...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 31, 2009 7:51 AM

Oct 2009
yvanc said:
canders5 said:

this annoying incompetent brat just happens to have defeated the strongest lv5 esper, saved a nun with an entire library encoded in her brain from losing her memories and saved a vampire killer dressed in miko outfit from the hands of an insane alchemist.

+1000 points. Well said! Well thought!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 31, 2009 8:28 AM

May 2007
The annoying voice all the way from start to the end in this episode >.> And Touma is awesome :D needs more biribiri x touma
Oct 31, 2009 8:30 AM

Jun 2008
Kuroko's way of speaking is unique and hilarious as it is. Hearing her as a elementary student emitting arrogance with every syllable like that is just too much - love it.
Uiharu is sweet as well. Too bad we didn't see Mikoto's face in the flashback...
Oct 31, 2009 8:49 AM
Feb 2009
francismeunier said:
yvanc said:
canders5 said:

+1000 points. Well said! Well thought!
annoying is annoying, no matter how many people he can save... but again, for me, he is annoying only when he starts his long speech, as long as he doesnt talk too much, some touma x misaka is welcomed

p.s. cant really say this ep is a filler coz the character development is significant
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 31, 2009 8:58 AM

Jun 2008
yvanc said:
canders5 said:

Amen. Actually 2 level 5s.

He only whines because he feels his cancellation power also cancels anything good from happening in his life. We see that hasn't happen because Misaka seems to have fallen for him (though she won't admit it).
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 31, 2009 11:16 AM

Nov 2008
This made my weekend, haha. Railgun, always a great thing to start your weekend with. Yes, there could have been more Mikoto, but this episode was fine as it is. Character development is important, too. Too bad that Kuroko couldn't beat those guys on her own, I really liked how she pinned down those burglars in the first episode.. oh well. Next week we dive into the real story :D

I don't know, but for some reason this anime can't do wrong, in my eyes..
Oct 31, 2009 11:25 AM

Jun 2009
sbyrstall said:
yvanc said:
canders5 said:

He only whines because he feels his cancellation power also cancels anything good from happening in his life. We see that hasn't happen because Misaka seems to have fallen for him (though she won't admit it).
Yep that's the point! I bet that kid is able to save the whole world with such a powerful left hand like his. ALL he needs to do is....eh, to stretch it out, right? I am amazed!
Oct 31, 2009 12:29 PM

Feb 2009
Damn, Kuroko is such a bitch. >< No apologizes or anything. Anyway, enjoy your loli moe episode.
Oct 31, 2009 12:33 PM

Nov 2007
Another pretty good episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 31, 2009 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
snowgreen said:
sbyrstall said:
yvanc said:
canders5 said:

Yep that's the point! I bet that kid is able to save the whole world with such a powerful left hand like his. ALL he needs to do is....eh, to stretch it out, right? I am amazed!
It's actually his right hand..but I know what you were talking about. ;)
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 31, 2009 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
aww shiranui was so cute <3 more of the decent stuff action, comedy and misaka saving the day

Oct 31, 2009 3:28 PM

May 2009
Another good episode imo, as it was interesting to see some of their past.
I'm still hoping for a nice arc with some awesome badguys anytime soon though. Next episode seems like more episodic stuff.
Oct 31, 2009 4:23 PM

Aug 2009
A bit dramatic part of the past.
A very good ep.
Oct 31, 2009 4:35 PM

Jul 2009
Hmmm..Ok episode i guess, nothing really excited me this time
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM

» Why is there no CGDCT on this show?

Sagepool - Nov 30, 2023

14 by FZREMAKE »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

372 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.