Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2014 6:40 PM

Jul 2012
dekopinn said:
Also am I the only one in love with Haikyuu's artstyle?

Lol no
I think most of us love it too
Sep 26, 2014 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
I can't find a reason to just give this series a 9. Undoubtedly, 10/10.
Sep 26, 2014 4:05 PM
Mar 2014
Amazing epsiode once again, I feel really sad about the end of this amazing season. They HAVE to make a 2nd season!

BTW I didn't really grasp the concept of the spring tournament. What is the difference between this one and the one they lost against aoba Johsai? I mean I get that the first one was a qualifier for the national tournament, so what is this one for? Is it for the losing teams to play against eachother or something? xS
Sep 26, 2014 9:15 PM

Aug 2013
So, when is the second season for? I need a second, you can't leave us hanging like that...

Kageyama is totally gay for Hinata. Oh maaan, I already see the yaoi doujin coming... A dark future await us.

It was a touching episode. Weirdly, I thought it was their last chance for the terminals. I'm glad I was wrong.

The endcard was perfect. Greatly represent the whole spirit of the show.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 27, 2014 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
Murcielago_Bobo said:
Amazing epsiode once again, I feel really sad about the end of this amazing season. They HAVE to make a 2nd season!

BTW I didn't really grasp the concept of the spring tournament. What is the difference between this one and the one they lost against aoba Johsai? I mean I get that the first one was a qualifier for the national tournament, so what is this one for? Is it for the losing teams to play against eachother or something? xS

They are just two different tournaments that occur every year.
The spring tournament happens in a time where majority of 3rd years don't participate, so is like a team renewal tournament. While the one they were doing, Inter-high, happens in a time where every veteran is still present.

Also they never said where the Interhigh national phase occurs, but the spring is known for being in Tokyo, in the Orange Stadium. That place is where Hinata watched for the first time the Little Giant and where Sawamura wants to go.
Sep 27, 2014 5:25 PM
Nov 2013
I absolutely loved that rampage.
Amazing show and I think I think it did it better than Oofuri, because this one integrated the match and character segments together.
9/10
Sep 28, 2014 3:44 AM

Jul 2012
And I thought 24 felt like a last episode. Wow, they really know how to end a season.

Great show. Really high 9/10.
Sep 28, 2014 1:47 PM
Jun 2014
OMFG..wtfuuk..i finished the anime and was thinking of reading the manga...and i find out that in the latest chapters kageyama and hinata have started DATING...WTFFF..WTf..
Sep 28, 2014 3:06 PM

Jul 2010
Ando- said:
And I thought 24 felt like a last episode. Wow, they really know how to end a season.

Great show. Really high 9/10.

Agreed. Haikyuu!! has been one hell of a ride, from start to finish, and I loved every second of it. Definitely the best, most well-handled, sports series I have watched.
Sep 28, 2014 6:29 PM

Oct 2013
DinuSalvatore said:
OMFG..wtfuuk..i finished the anime and was thinking of reading the manga...and i find out that in the latest chapters kageyama and hinata have started DATING...WTFFF..WTf..

That totally came out of your ass!! Did you read an ayoi doushinji and you believed it was official or are you here to alienate people?

No, in the manga there is no such thing as Dating! No Kageyame, no Hinata, nobody!
Sep 28, 2014 9:49 PM

Feb 2014
Lol at Hinata managing to jump to the railing while raging O_o
Haikyuu!! confirmed KnB v2 haha, just hope when it ends it has a more rounded ending :)

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Sep 29, 2014 12:15 AM

Aug 2010
What a way to close a season. For a sports anime that's a high compliment. The series is very well done, a lot of the elements of the show just came together. They should definitely make a second season of this and don't miss any of the manga stuff or just make it an OVA or something.

It caught me by surprise that they lost to Aoba Johsai after they did the super quick attack. But their recovery session and the third years returning for the spring tournament was the best part. The story, characters, music etc. are not so different with the others of the same genre but it's how they use these that when mixed altogether creates very good show.

To be honest I almost didn't download this thinking it would just be another sport anime lest volleyball anime but good thing I go for it anyway and wasn't disappointed. 10/10
Sep 29, 2014 12:04 PM

Dec 2012
Wow that was bad..

Reminded me of the first episode, which was not good because that was the only other episode that I disliked.

All that illogical emo crap.

Well it won't drag my score before this episode. So still 9/10, can't wait for the second season.
Sep 30, 2014 4:02 PM

Mar 2010
It's a bit homo but awesome.
Oct 1, 2014 12:32 PM
Jul 2014
I'm so sad it ended. I want a season 2. Then 3, etc. etc.

I started to read the manga, and this is literally the first time I've ever much preferred an anime adaptation to the original manga. The anime literally makes everything come alive.

This is the best sports anime I've ever watched. One of the best anime I've watched period.
Oct 1, 2014 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
It went from a 8 to a 9 for me thanks to that final match. That was amazing, I'm really hoping there's a second season. Really enjoyable!
Oct 2, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
That was awesome.

It's going to be a goddamn travesty if this doesn't get a second season.
Oct 7, 2014 5:14 AM

Dec 2012
That moment when Kageyama and Hinata started shouting and letting loose not only showed how frustrated they were but also demonstrated how close they've become to be able to share that moment together. This turn of events reminds me of another show so I hope a season 2 comes by to deliver the spring tournament.

This is definitely a treat that I'm glad I finally got around to after putting it off all season. The games were incredibly addicting and exciting to watch and have opened the door to yet another sport that can be brought to life in anime. Haikyuu's strongest point is its characters. Watching the team form and develop was absolutely incredible. There are so many distinct and awesome personalities that all came together for a hilarious and gripping experience. I also like how Haikyuu stresses the importance of team play instead of simply relying on the main characters to carry the team. Each player looks for his specialty and plays his role in making everything connect.

9/10
Oct 7, 2014 10:50 AM

Dec 2013
Well... first time ever in this series am I late to the party. Can't believe I forgot to watch the last episode of Haikyuu until 2 weeks later~

Anyways. What an end. A nice refreshing end to link it to the 2nd season that will be of them continuing to practice for the spring tournament. This season has been exciting and awesome so far and it has delivered. Such a great series. It was kind of like Kuroko no Basket but just a notch lower. Its much more realistic.

I shall rate this overall series an 8.6/10 but it'll appear as 8/10. I think this episode will be a great transition episode for the next season~ 5/5 definitely for this last episode of Haikyuu!! I also loved all the openings and endings of this anime~ It was fantastic xD
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 8, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2008
tsudecimo said:
Wow that was bad..

Reminded me of the first episode, which was not good because that was the only other episode that I disliked.

All that illogical emo crap.

Well it won't drag my score before this episode. So still 9/10, can't wait for the second season.

Which part of it was illogical? Really, makes me wonder if you actually paid attention to what you just saw, they explained it so that even a small child would understand why they felt like shit. They gave it their all and it wasn't enough. That's more than enough reason to feel so down.
And if you think that is "emo crap" you have yet to watch a lot of other melodramatic anime, I can tell you this one is tame in comparison (Bokura Ga Ita or Nana are good examples..).

Anyway-
I've loved and enjoyed the show from start to end, EVERY single episode was a pleasure to see. I'm giving it a 10 simply because I can. This series made me love Sports anime more.
Vanessa-Oct 8, 2014 12:02 PM
Oct 12, 2014 8:11 AM
May 2012
Completely loved this one, even for a sport that I'm not interested that much in.

I want more!! Season 2 please.

9/10
Oct 13, 2014 7:33 AM

May 2010
Looks like Asahi changed his hairstyle, I like this one better. I just loved how they made everyone's lamenting expressions different from each other according to their personalities.

Ah man 3rd years... Come to think of it, I am in my last year, too (tho its a different system here in my country). 3rd year is real sad stuff, stay out of it.

Its good to see Tadashi motivated now. Kageyama and Hinata running around felt so natural yet funny while still being a touching scene.

So glad they all showed up! Spring tournament is next and I can't wait, give me season 2 already!!!

This anime was phenomenal, never seen something like this. So epic anmd beautiful and perfect and... I have no words.

20/10, I love it so much, you guys don't even know. I can't wait for Yachi maaan this is gonna be awesome.
Oct 14, 2014 10:32 AM

May 2010
the ending reminds me of what happened to Chihayafuru S1, cause both of them lose, but either this anime is so great XD like Chihayafuru im hoping for S2 XD
Oct 14, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2010
I'd really love a second season.
Oct 17, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
Nice to see everyone back, hope they'll get a nice run in the spring tournament.
This was enjoyable to watch, but it often lacked the intensity and excitement in those matches.
Meh it's a sports anime, can't expect to be anywhere close to a real life match. Still good tho, 7/10 for me.
Oct 21, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
Good ending, it showed how they reacted to the loss of the game, and how they recovered.
The part with Hinata climbing the bars, and he running around with Tobio was hilarious.
Oct 26, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
Sports anime are really starting to grow on me. A great story of a team coming together and trying to regain their lost status. The characters are all interesting and are given enough time so we know each one of their quirks. The opposing teams are also developed well and we know enough about their backs stories to feel for them too. This show deserves special praise for it's absolutely beautiful soundtrack. It's a shame the songs come out with each BD and so it'll be a while till we have the full set. I'm really looking forward to more of this. Very fun show to watch. It's very reminiscent of Kuroko no Basuke, another anime I very much like.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 28, 2014 1:34 AM

Dec 2013
9/10

You really don't see such a long list of likeable characters on TV nowdays.
Will definitely watch season 2 if they make it.
I'm too old for this sh**t.
Nov 4, 2014 5:22 AM

Jun 2014
very complex 9/10,thx production i.g!
Dec 3, 2014 11:47 AM
Mar 2014
bigivelfhq said:
Murcielago_Bobo said:

They are just two different tournaments that occur every year.
The spring tournament happens in a time where majority of 3rd years don't participate, so is like a team renewal tournament. While the one they were doing, Inter-high, happens in a time where every veteran is still present.

Also they never said where the Interhigh national phase occurs, but the spring is known for being in Tokyo, in the Orange Stadium. That place is where Hinata watched for the first time the Little Giant and where Sawamura wants to go.

Thanks a lot for clarifying that for me :) I hope they'll go further in this tournament though! :D
Dec 7, 2014 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
I decided to watch this anime when i saw the manga get #3 on the yearly sale! It was up there with One Piece and Attack on Titan, so i had to give it a shot, and i freakin loved it. I watched 25 episodes in 2-3 days. Wow this anime is amazing, they will definetely make a second season considering the sales! I cant wait!!!!!
Dec 15, 2014 12:56 AM
Nov 2013
They are all back from there depressed mood and now are ready for spring that means there will be a next season
Dec 27, 2014 4:33 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was one big heartwarming episode. This series gets a big fat 9/10, it had some moments when it was close to 10/10 even. Amazing, i will try more sports anime in the future.
Jan 3, 2015 4:21 AM

Oct 2014
Easy 10/10.... I just need to see Hinata and I am getting top motivated for sports :D
Jan 3, 2015 7:34 AM

Jan 2012
lots of funny and goosebumps + emotional moments but they drag some shit out way to long imo.. kills the show a bit imo

most of the characters have no appeal whatsoever

manager bish is smokin' doe

7.6/10
Jan 10, 2015 7:54 PM

May 2014
Amazing finale, can't wait for season 2. 9/10 for me.
Jan 21, 2015 8:07 PM

Jun 2014
Never in my life did I think I would love a sports anime...and then Haikyuu happened. Characters were awesome. The matches were awesome. The feels in the last episode were awesome.

This anime had both hilarious moments and exciting moments. And I FELT for them in this episode ;-; They wanted it so badly...but that's another reason why I like this anime. It's not the typical anime where "if you work hard enough and want it badly enough you will win." Life just doesn't work that way and I really appreciate that it was realistic.

9/10. I AM EXCITEDLY AWAITING A SEASON TWO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2015 8:48 PM

Feb 2015
10/10 can't wait for the upcoming second season.. spring tournament!! i miss kyoko-san.. this will be another 2-cour for sure!!....
-_-
Feb 8, 2015 3:28 AM

Jul 2013
Man...I really love this team. That's something special. I'll be missing this show. 10/10 from me. Can't wait for the spring tournament. :)
Feb 14, 2015 11:59 PM

Jun 2014
Can't wait for S2... hope it's announced for this year accompanying the recap movie.

Feb 19, 2015 5:02 AM

Feb 2015
the movie/ova is slated for march this year, right?
-_-
Feb 21, 2015 3:49 PM
Oct 2014
10/10 solid show season 2 better be coming soon, later this year maybe but probably not. Honestly probably one of the most innocent and lovable set of characters out there.
Mar 7, 2015 2:44 AM

Aug 2014
I loved every bits of the anime. 10/10 it was amazing from the very beginning to the end. Truly amazing.
Mar 16, 2015 7:07 AM

Oct 2014
Mar 26, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2015
9/10. I can't wait for S2.
Mar 31, 2015 5:53 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, what an amazing series. I couldn't stop watching, couldn't even paused to write a commentary for each episode except for this last one!

I started watching series without knowing anything except that it was about volleyball, and i'm pleasantly surprised. The pace, animation, plot, character development, action, characters, i'm loving it all!

The only sad part is that it is so short...only 25 episodes?! Nevertheless, i'm glad they didnt let the number of episodes affect the plot development (such as 'rushing' the plot). The pace was very well done, and it's not an easy feat, seeing how many animes fail at the pacing of their storyline.

I want a season 2 so badly!! Is it true that it's coming out in Fall? How i wish it'll come soon!!
May 9, 2015 10:23 PM

Sep 2013
Nice episode. You can learn lesson in your daily life that loser is the one who accepts its lose. So, keep continue towards your goal until you accomplish it :D

May 14, 2015 12:19 AM
Apr 2015
the last episodes are so depressing, but i can hope that those guys will get stronger :) 10/10 for me. can't wait for Season 2.
May 22, 2015 6:40 PM
Apr 2015
I really loved this show! Second season is in October I believe. So excited! :D
May 27, 2015 11:24 AM

May 2015
Kiniro-chan said:
I really loved this show! Second season is in October I believe. So excited! :D

me too.. i thought sport Shounen is boring.. but i was wrong..
Looking forward for second season :D
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

169 by ElGuaguaso »»
Mar 29, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

171 by Arizona89 »»
Mar 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

300 by Spoonsandporks »»
Mar 24, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

262 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 13, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

167 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 11, 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.