Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2014 7:00 PM

Feb 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
---------------------------------------
Today's task is bento making with your chosen theme! And the winner is probably Mizuki again! (Though they didn't really show who won yet)

Damn Momona's making moves on Miura. I was expecting Lilian to give her bento to Miura, though why did Miura hack the school's system? That's still weird. Was it for finding Lady X or the Music Box??
Miura & Lilian passing notes to each other was pretty cute I guess. Either way, I really hope I get more miura x Lilian.
Sep 20, 2014 10:22 PM
Jan 2010
naekiyo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
---------------------------------------
Today's task is bento making with your chosen theme! And the winner is probably Mizuki again! (Though they didn't really show who won yet)

Damn Momona's making moves on Miura. I was expecting Lilian to give her bento to Miura, though why did Miura hack the school's system? That's still weird. Was it for finding Lady X or the Music Box??
Miura & Lilian passing notes to each other was pretty cute I guess. Either way, I really hope I get more miura x Lilian.

I say Music box mostly likely
Sep 21, 2014 3:09 AM

Sep 2014
naekiyo said:

Depends. Not all tasks show who excelled. Momona’s task wasn’t even shown to others because her partner Miura got imprisoned/ a detention. So at the end Tsundere Miura just gave her a score of 49. Lol.

Too bad Momona didn't let him finish... xD Since it was actually 49 out of 50.

I guess the partners for the task where randomly selected?

Miura was falsely accused. Though he might have done it before with Iota that's why he was confined in the dungeon for so long? Luea was the hacker. She wants to reveal that Momona is a fake lady candidate.

Momona defended Miura saying he wasn’t the one who did it, because they were busy arguing while he was on a tree. So he got released early. She's the first of the cast to think that he’s not such a bad guy since he appeared. A pure hearted heroine, who always see the goodness in everyone. Though if she met Miura first instead of Cayenne, I wonder how things will turn out.

I also wonder if Romeo will have a bigger role in the story? The group end image shows a big picture of him behind Lillian, while Cayenne is behind Momona. But to be honest, Miura has more impact on the story and he only got to appear on that chair during the OP when Cayenne left. I guess Miura is like the secret character on otome games? Lol. Or must be all the mysteries surrounding him.

Aside from the music box thing, Lillian and Miura doesn’t want Momona to get kicked out. They both know Ruby's secret and intends to keep it that way. Unfortunately next week, things might get complicated. Momona and Lillian both got recommendations for the Royal Palace. But Momona is not an official candidate despite being registered in the ”system”.

I hope we get new OP/ED after ep26 and new clothes. Only Mizuki, Charon, and Soarer got outfit change during summer and it's now autumn...
Sep 22, 2014 9:44 PM

Feb 2014
Ruby-Momona said:
naekiyo said:

Depends. Not all tasks show who excelled. Momona’s task wasn’t even shown to others because her partner Miura got imprisoned/ a detention. So at the end Tsundere Miura just gave her a score of 49. Lol.

Too bad Momona didn't let him finish... xD Since it was actually 49 out of 50.

I guess the partners for the task where randomly selected?

Miura was falsely accused. Though he might have done it before with Iota that's why he was confined in the dungeon for so long? Luea was the hacker. She wants to reveal that Momona is a fake lady candidate.

Momona defended Miura saying he wasn’t the one who did it, because they were busy arguing while he was on a tree. So he got released early. She's the first of the cast to think that he’s not such a bad guy since he appeared. A pure hearted heroine, who always see the goodness in everyone. Though if she met Miura first instead of Cayenne, I wonder how things will turn out.

I also wonder if Romeo will have a bigger role in the story? The group end image shows a big picture of him behind Lillian, while Cayenne is behind Momona. But to be honest, Miura has more impact on the story and he only got to appear on that chair during the OP when Cayenne left. I guess Miura is like the secret character on otome games? Lol. Or must be all the mysteries surrounding him.

Aside from the music box thing, Lillian and Miura doesn’t want Momona to get kicked out. They both know Ruby's secret and intends to keep it that way. Unfortunately next week, things might get complicated. Momona and Lillian both got recommendations for the Royal Palace. But Momona is not an official candidate despite being registered in the ”system”.

I hope we get new OP/ED after ep26 and new clothes. Only Mizuki, Charon, and Soarer got outfit change during summer and it's now autumn...

I think they're on gonna change it in either episode 27 or later, but who knows?
Take note that miuna appeared in the later episodes (ep 17 I guess?) so they wanted to avoid spoilers of miura (so they didn't really put him there), since he was kinda foreshadowed along the way.

Romeo doesn't really get any important part in the story, for me he's lik Kaname from nagi-asu, the one who got left out of the love triangle.
Ooh, so that's why Luea was at that Jewelpad and trying to access some shiz. Dammit Luea.

But you know, it's not only Momona who thinks that Miura's not such a bad guy, and the first one to think about that was actually Lilian. True that Lilian might not be your typical goody-two-shoes type of character, but she's also pure and owns to win fair and square.

Plus, Lilian says that she can be honest to Miura, meaning that she's very comfortable around him, since Lilian at the beginning wasn't very open with us, with Miura's case being the same. So, I think that they meet before during their past (since Lililan forgot about her past with Miura annoyed about the Music Box). She trusted Miura, so I think that she was the first to see him someone who's nice deep inside his heart.

I swear Lilian looks to old and how come Momona is on her school uniform, don't you have any clothes you wear besides that?!
Sep 24, 2014 3:36 AM

Sep 2014
naekiyo said:

I think they're on gonna change it in either episode 27 or later, but who knows?
Take note that miuna appeared in the later episodes (ep 17 I guess?) so they wanted to avoid spoilers of miura (so they didn't really put him there), since he was kinda foreshadowed along the way.

Romeo doesn't really get any important part in the story, for me he's lik Kaname from nagi-asu, the one who got left out of the love triangle.
Ooh, so that's why Luea was at that Jewelpad and trying to access some shiz. Dammit Luea.

But you know, it's not only Momona who thinks that Miura's not such a bad guy, and the first one to think about that was actually Lilian. True that Lilian might not be your typical goody-two-shoes type of character, but she's also pure and owns to win fair and square.

Plus, Lilian says that she can be honest to Miura, meaning that she's very comfortable around him, since Lilian at the beginning wasn't very open with us, with Miura's case being the same. So, I think that they meet before during their past (since Lililan forgot about her past with Miura annoyed about the Music Box). She trusted Miura, so I think that she was the first to see him someone who's nice deep inside his heart.

I swear Lilian looks to old and how come Momona is on her school uniform, don't you have any clothes you wear besides that?!

Miura appeared on ep15. On ep 16 he replaced Cayenne in the opening. The sitting on the chair while reading a book part. I’m just hoping zexcs won't get lazy and actually do a new OP, I'll miss "Your Love" though. Such a catchy song.

I still hope Romeo gets more scenes like Levin and Soarer. Most of his scenes now include Miura. Lol. Though I wonder if he'll ever get to show Momona his room.

It's Momona. Ep 17. After Miura provoked Romeo, she questioned him. "I don't think you're a bad person. I don't know anything about you but, for some reason, I don't think you're a bad person.”

She repeated the same thought again after Miura tried to "eat” her. Lol. Prompting Mizuki to say that she’s too nice or too trusting. She acknowledge his skills on ep18 even if they argued a bit. When he made the twin silver stars for her during scrapbooking, she thought something similar along with Ruby.

I dunno if they have a past. Maybe they do. Regarding ep12, Lillian’s memory shows a silhoutte of an adult, the one who gave her the jewel butterfly compared to Cayenne’s memory. Luea’s old partner also appeared when she heard the music box (Lady Diana?).

Lillian is actually a fair and nice girl, but if you compare her from the first ep, she has really changed thanks to Momona (possibly Miura too) She’s starting to questions Luea's motives and even her past.

Mainly it's Luea's fault on how Lillian acted rudely at first towards Momona, Luea even praised how well she delivered her sarcastic and insulting remarks. Like Miura said she's too controlling over Lillian, treating her like a puppet.

I'm more concerned about Momona’s past, the bread kiln on their house, when her Itoko-oniichan saved her from drowning, how she's the best at taking care of kids on their neighborhood (the only thing she was said to be good at), and how she doesn’t even look like her parents compared to Charon and her parents (I might be over thinking it, Momona’s parents are really nice though).
Mainly I wanna see Loli Momona!!! I already saw Loli Mizuki, Charon and Lillian, heck we even got a Shota Cayenne.

The design difference might be to show the contrast between the two heroines. Lillian is the mature elegant type, Momona is the cute and lovely type. Like how Luea is a sarcastic manipulative mentor, while Ruby is the dense and cheerful mentor.

Also to show that compared to the others, Momona represents an average girl.
If you check the other background lady candidates they also wear sailor uniform type of clothes, like Momona. Except for Lillian, Mizuki and Charon who are the top 3 during the first task.

On ep7 Mizuki, Momona and Charon wore different clothes. Momona wore something like a purple hoodie. (Mizuki and her were behind Charon so it's hard to see). I kinda miss the Jewelpod app on ep 4, when they did a dress up, those clothes are much cuter compared to what they wore during the Jewel festival.
Sep 24, 2014 4:01 AM

Feb 2014
Ruby-Momona said:
naekiyo said:

Miura appeared on ep15. On ep 16 he replaced Cayenne in the opening. The sitting on the chair while reading a book part. I’m just hoping zexcs won't get lazy and actually do a new OP, I'll miss "Your Love" though. Such a catchy song.

I still hope Romeo gets more scenes like Levin and Soarer. Most of his scenes now include Miura. Lol. Though I wonder if he'll ever get to show Momona his room.

It's Momona. Ep 17. After Miura provoked Romeo, she questioned him. "I don't think you're a bad person. I don't know anything about you but, for some reason, I don't think you're a bad person.”

She repeated the same thought again after Miura tried to "eat” her. Lol. Prompting Mizuki to say that she’s too nice or too trusting. She acknowledge his skills on ep18 even if they argued a bit. When he made the twin silver stars for her during scrapbooking, she thought something similar along with Ruby.

I dunno if they have a past. Maybe they do. Regarding ep12, Lillian’s memory shows a silhoutte of an adult, the one who gave her the jewel butterfly compared to Cayenne’s memory. Luea’s old partner also appeared when she heard the music box (Lady Diana?).

Lillian is actually a fair and nice girl, but if you compare her from the first ep, she has really changed thanks to Momona (possibly Miura too) She’s starting to questions Luea's motives and even her past.

Mainly it's Luea's fault on how Lillian acted rudely at first towards Momona, Luea even praised how well she delivered her sarcastic and insulting remarks. Like Miura said she's too controlling over Lillian, treating her like a puppet.

I'm more concerned about Momona’s past, the bread kiln on their house, when her Itoko-oniichan saved her from drowning, how she's the best at taking care of kids on their neighborhood (the only thing she was said to be good at), and how she doesn’t even look like her parents compared to Charon and her parents (I might be over thinking it, Momona’s parents are really nice though).
Mainly I wanna see Loli Momona!!! I already saw Loli Mizuki, Charon and Lillian, heck we even got a Shota Cayenne.

The design difference might be to show the contrast between the two heroines. Lillian is the mature elegant type, Momona is the cute and lovely type. Like how Luea is a sarcastic manipulative mentor, while Ruby is the dense and cheerful mentor.

Also to show that compared to the others, Momona represents an average girl.
If you check the other background lady candidates they also wear sailor uniform type of clothes, like Momona. Except for Lillian, Mizuki and Charon who are the top 3 during the first task.

On ep7 Mizuki, Momona and Charon wore different clothes. Momona wore something like a purple hoodie. (Mizuki and her were behind Charon so it's hard to see). I kinda miss the Jewelpod app on ep 4, when they did a dress up, those clothes are much cuter compared to what they wore during the Jewel festival.

I take back what I said about Miura-kun & Lilian having a past, I heard the raw wrong ( I thought Miura said " I feel like we knew each other for a long time", but it's actually " I feel like we'll know each other for a long time")

You see, that's what makes Momona such a blunt character. She's basically your average girl who suddenly gets chosen by some magical bunny and is suddenly deemed worthy of becoming overlord. The bad part is, it's pretty much obvious that Momona is gonna win (I'm hoping Lilian wins as well).

Momona in this case, does not show character development. Character development is not about getting stronger, or more elegant or even more nicer, it's about characters changing something inside of them that is mentally problematic to themselves (to a further extent, one which affects others).

Momona still remains the same, A cheerful, kind and clumsy girl who is idealistic and basically holds no real grudge against people.
Sure she's not elegant, sure she's not perfect, BUT this does not represent who she is.

Other characters, such as Lilian, Mizuki or Charon are much more interesting and slowly developing , and even though this was affected Momona (Not caused, that's too biased) at least they're changing their personalities.

Also with the seifuku, I remember Momona's school seifuku to have a more elegant design (if I recall it's blue?) But Momona's is to urban and street like (even mizuki has some clean clothes). I know you can dress how you want, but isn't that why they made different type of clothes for different occasions? I'm saying this because that jewel pet academy is very strict, so why are her clothes so, unelegant? For ex, relating to Charon's fanfic that is considered disturbing and unsightly, but look at Momona's clothes which exposes the belly button and has a very short skirt and short socks (Even those who wear a seifuku wear it properly)

Isn't loli Momona basically everyday Momona??? XD
True the bread klin does bother me in some way, they'd probably emphasize it in later episodes (we have like 27 more)
Sep 25, 2014 3:41 AM

Sep 2014
naekiyo said:

I take back what I said about Miura-kun & Lilian having a past, I heard the raw wrong ( I thought Miura said " I feel like we knew each other for a long time", but it's actually " I feel like we'll know each other for a long time")

You see, that's what makes Momona such a blunt character. She's basically your average girl who suddenly gets chosen by some magical bunny and is suddenly deemed worthy of becoming overlord. The bad part is, it's pretty much obvious that Momona is gonna win (I'm hoping Lilian wins as well).

Momona in this case, does not show character development. Character development is not about getting stronger, or more elegant or even more nicer, it's about characters changing something inside of them that is mentally problematic to themselves (to a further extent, one which affects others).

Momona still remains the same, A cheerful, kind and clumsy girl who is idealistic and basically holds no real grudge against people.
Sure she's not elegant, sure she's not perfect, BUT this does not represent who she is.

Other characters, such as Lilian, Mizuki or Charon are much more interesting and slowly developing , and even though this was affected Momona (Not caused, that's too biased) at least they're changing their personalities.

Also with the seifuku, I remember Momona's school seifuku to have a more elegant design (if I recall it's blue?) But Momona's is to urban and street like (even mizuki has some clean clothes). I know you can dress how you want, but isn't that why they made different type of clothes for different occasions? I'm saying this because that jewel pet academy is very strict, so why are her clothes so, unelegant? For ex, relating to Charon's fanfic that is considered disturbing and unsightly, but look at Momona's clothes which exposes the belly button and has a very short skirt and short socks (Even those who wear a seifuku wear it properly)

True the bread klin does bother me in some way, they'd probably emphasize it in later episodes (we have like 27 more)

Your standards for character development differs from mine. Momona while acting as a catalyst to other certain candidates (her telling Mizuki to talk things with Soarer during ep9 regarding the task they did, her being friendly and saving Lillian despite being rivals) also grew. It was shown on ep22 when she and Ruby talked about ”once in a lifetime”.

During ep1, she didn't want to be a lady candidate, acting bratty and saying she wants to go home. Ruby and Lady Diana's message inspired her a bit. This encounter gave her a dream/goal, that even a plain, clumsy, and average girl like her can shine like a jewel.

Ep2 after the" kiss" she felt shy, confused and awkward. She still has doubts being a lady candidate. It has to be Mizuki and Charon to ask about the kiss. The Momona now is more confident, active, more friendly and willing to openly ask others questions and volunteers to help others (Mizuki was the one who volunteered to ask questions about Momona's dream during ep4, and on ep24 Momona volunteers to help Charon return Levin's Jewelpad). Ep2 also mentions it was her first time sitting and eating face to face with a boy, hinting her inexperience with the opposite sex (who isn't her itoko-oniichan). She stayed to spite Cayenne. Who told her she isn’t lady like at all. She thinks badly of him. Thinking he's just a rude guy without any redeeming qualities, until she got to know him and when Romeo told her that Cayenne is the nicest guy second to him.

Unlike when she met Miura. Sure they argue, doesn't agree on some of his opinions, but since meeting Cayenne she doesn’t judge a book by its cover. There's usually a deeper meaning behind their actions, particularly boys that she's so unfamiliar with.

She also disliked doing tasks during the first few episodes, whining and complaining that she hasn’t finished studying/reviewing. Unlike now she does research on her own. For tea (at the library) for the bento (using the jewelpad) and etc. She now eagerly awaits and faces each tasks with a smile. On the first episode she just want to get the task over with so she can leave, now she does her best on each tasks.She likes studying now!! (I wish I could be the same XD) She's even happily and energetically exercising/running every morning like Ruby instructed. I guess that's were the strength to pull Lillian and finish the bento in record time came from.

She also curtsies clumsily at the beggining, now she can do it well. Mizuki (active and sporty), Charon (book smart) and Lillian (elegant) all have influences on her and vice versa.

Momona initially just wanted to be a great lady like Lady Diana. But later on, seeing how hard each candidate is working towards being Lady Jewel (like Lillian) and when Cayenne mentioned the Lady Jewel he wanted to support (bringing smiles to others faces), she thought she should try harder too, be more serious, and aim higher.

Lillian wanted to be queen to be with Cayenne. Luea desperately wants Lillian to be queen, but why? is there a reward for Jewelpets whose lady candidate wins? Angela didn't find a candidate so she's not a mentor and works as a maid, butler and security guard. Or it's because Luea still can't get over her abandonment issues?

Cayenne said he'll become King and wait for Momona. But I'm curious on what happened on ep12, it seems he and Luea shared a look.. Or something related to the jewel butterfly that's why he was late for the task with Momona. That was the task where Momona felt confident she can excell without anyone's help... But it seems it was sabotaged?

Momona's legitimacy as a Lady candidate is questionable.

Miura has his own agenda.

And there are a lot of episodes to go~

For you it might be obvious who wins, but I enjoy the journey it takes to get there.

Its always been pink, it's what she wore during the wedding. Her original design has her hair ribbon colored red with white dots and she has pink nail polish while Lillian has purple.

I like Momona's outfit. Her style shows being cute and active, she also wears shorts underneath her skirt. Sporty yet cute and girly. If only she wore sneakers and thigh highs...

The Jewel Palace is strange. Levin proposed to Charon. Certain tasks with the princes have romantic like atmospheres. But Charon's novel was banned due to a kiss scene (It's all about the teasing? Lol) and they also got imprisoned because they were sneaking around at night. There's a curfew and Angela is the security guard.

So I don't think Momona's clothes are a big deal. It shows the personality and uniqueness of each Lady Candidate. Look at the Princes clothes. Cayenne and Miura both have hoodies. Isn't that urban/street like? They are "King" candidates aren't they?

But Momona is now growing into a lovely lady... And I'm curious if she'll get a different hairstyle ~
Sep 25, 2014 5:26 PM

Feb 2014
Ruby-Momona said:
naekiyo said:

Your standards for character development differs from mine. Momona while acting as a catalyst to other certain candidates (her telling Mizuki to talk things with Soarer during ep9 regarding the task they did, her being friendly and saving Lillian despite being rivals) also grew. It was shown on ep22 when she and Ruby talked about ”once in a lifetime”.

During ep1, she didn't want to be a lady candidate, acting bratty and saying she wants to go home. Ruby and Lady Diana's message inspired her a bit. This encounter gave her a dream/goal, that even a plain, clumsy, and average girl like her can shine like a jewel.

Ep2 after the" kiss" she felt shy, confused and awkward. She still has doubts being a lady candidate. It has to be Mizuki and Charon to ask about the kiss. The Momona now is more confident, active, more friendly and willing to openly ask others questions and volunteers to help others (Mizuki was the one who volunteered to ask questions about Momona's dream during ep4, and on ep24 Momona volunteers to help Charon return Levin's Jewelpad). Ep2 also mentions it was her first time sitting and eating face to face with a boy, hinting her inexperience with the opposite sex (who isn't her itoko-oniichan). She stayed to spite Cayenne. Who told her she isn’t lady like at all. She thinks badly of him. Thinking he's just a rude guy without any redeeming qualities, until she got to know him and when Romeo told her that Cayenne is the nicest guy second to him.

Unlike when she met Miura. Sure they argue, doesn't agree on some of his opinions, but since meeting Cayenne she doesn’t judge a book by its cover. There's usually a deeper meaning behind their actions, particularly boys that she's so unfamiliar with.

She also disliked doing tasks during the first few episodes, whining and complaining that she hasn’t finished studying/reviewing. Unlike now she does research on her own. For tea (at the library) for the bento (using the jewelpad) and etc. She now eagerly awaits and faces each tasks with a smile. On the first episode she just want to get the task over with so she can leave, now she does her best on each tasks.She likes studying now!! (I wish I could be the same XD) She's even happily and energetically exercising/running every morning like Ruby instructed. I guess that's were the strength to pull Lillian and finish the bento in record time came from.

She also curtsies clumsily at the beggining, now she can do it well. Mizuki (active and sporty), Charon (book smart) and Lillian (elegant) all have influences on her and vice versa.

Momona initially just wanted to be a great lady like Lady Diana. But later on, seeing how hard each candidate is working towards being Lady Jewel (like Lillian) and when Cayenne mentioned the Lady Jewel he wanted to support (bringing smiles to others faces), she thought she should try harder too, be more serious, and aim higher.

Lillian wanted to be queen to be with Cayenne. Luea desperately wants Lillian to be queen, but why? is there a reward for Jewelpets whose lady candidate wins? Angela didn't find a candidate so she's not a mentor and works as a maid, butler and security guard. Or it's because Luea still can't get over her abandonment issues?

Cayenne said he'll become King and wait for Momona. But I'm curious on what happened on ep12, it seems he and Luea shared a look.. Or something related to the jewel butterfly that's why he was late for the task with Momona. That was the task where Momona felt confident she can excell without anyone's help... But it seems it was sabotaged?

Momona's legitimacy as a Lady candidate is questionable.

Miura has his own agenda.

And there are a lot of episodes to go~

For you it might be obvious who wins, but I enjoy the journey it takes to get there.

Its always been pink, it's what she wore during the wedding. Her original design has her hair ribbon colored red with white dots and she has pink nail polish while Lillian has purple.

I like Momona's outfit. Her style shows being cute and active, she also wears shorts underneath her skirt. Sporty yet cute and girly. If only she wore sneakers and thigh highs...

The Jewel Palace is strange. Levin proposed to Charon. Certain tasks with the princes have romantic like atmospheres. But Charon's novel was banned due to a kiss scene (It's all about the teasing? Lol) and they also got imprisoned because they were sneaking around at night. There's a curfew and Angela is the security guard.

So I don't think Momona's clothes are a big deal. It shows the personality and uniqueness of each Lady Candidate. Look at the Princes clothes. Cayenne and Miura both have hoodies. Isn't that urban/street like? They are "King" candidates aren't they?

But Momona is now growing into a lovely lady... And I'm curious if she'll get a different hairstyle ~

Haha dude what do you mean my character development pov differs from yours?? Character Development is literally what I described, there's no other meaning for it by literature standards.

Hey cayenne and momona kissed once and attempted to do it again (if I recall). So like, how come that doesn't become like a major issue? I'm saying that the show is way too focused on the "right girl" trope.

Mormons being the "catalyst"? (I'll try to be unbiased as possible) like I said, Momona affected how they developed. She did not CAUSE it. As I said, momona word's affected their character development, but it's really them who's changing. Please stop saying that, if she is she's 110% Mary Sue.

Oh dear god are you gonna bring how Cayenne and Momona "hated" each other, cause in those episodes they both got jealous of other people hanging out with them separately, so that romance and how they actually felt was pretty obvious.

And exactly, Lady Jewel is someone who is kind, compassionate and is always striving to aim higher, traits which Momona all show. It's pretty boring if you ask me. Lilian's development is also quite boring now that she's opening up and still perfect, but her relationship with Miura shows the two characters to be way more interesting.

And for the Cayenne and Miura hoodies, what else are they gonna wear besides hoodies?
Sep 26, 2014 2:42 AM

Jan 2014
I hope for some more plot twists in the future,
a little bit drama, too, because if it continues this
way, it will probably eventually get to be boring.
But I have a feeling my hopes will come true! ^^
Sep 26, 2014 3:40 AM

Sep 2014
naekiyo said:

Haha dude what do you mean my character development pov differs from yours?? Character Development is literally what I described, there's no other meaning for it by literature standards.

Because you said Momona had no character development. I disagreed with you, because I believe she did change and develop. It’s not like she started out totally cheerful, outgoing and positive. She had doubts in the beggining similar to Charon when she saw the lovely dress at the boutique. From being whiny and lazy to being studious and working hard when she finally found the right motivations, I think that's development.

naekiyo said:

Hey cayenne and momona kissed once and attempted to do it again (if I recall). So like, how come that doesn't become like a major issue? I'm saying that the show is way too focused on the "right girl" trope.

The video during the first task was cut, that’s why nobody was sure if the kiss did happen but most assumed they did. Even Momona wasn't sure and Cayenne avoided answering their questions during that time.

Cayenne also lied and said they never kissed during the first task. He got annoyed during the date because Momona said it's good the kiss never happened, because she wants her first kiss to be with a prince on a white horse not some accident or due to her being clumsy. That’s why he tried to corner Momona and seal the deal when he said he’ll become King and wait for her, but it got interrupted.

It's not like he said "Momona, I'm gonna kiss you now", plus the date happened outside palace grounds, and nothing happened in the end. Unlike Charon's novel because the main characters Miki (they named her after Charon's own VA, nice :D ) and rival author did kiss at the end. It was not an accident, it was intentional, a lovers kiss. Plus her and Levin were sneaking around at night doing research and caused a breach in the security / false alarm which woke the whole Jewel Palace. So as punishment they got detention.

naekiyo said:

Mormons being the "catalyst"? (I'll try to be unbiased as possible) like I said, Momona affected how they developed. She did not CAUSE it. As I said, momona word's affected their character development, but it's really them who's changing. Please stop saying that, if she is she's 110% Mary Sue.

Forgive me if my usage of the word ’catalyst' is wrong. She has affected others and played a part in those events/changes. Like a pebble causing a ripple. Like Lillian being friendly with them now because Momona tried reaching out to her.

Mary sue? She’s far from perfect. I love all the characters though, they are all unique and lovable in their own way. :)

naekiyo said:

Oh dear god are you gonna bring how Cayenne and Momona "hated" each other, cause in those episodes they both got jealous of other people hanging out with them separately, so that romance and how they actually felt was pretty obvious.

I'm saying Momona's relationship with Cayenne had affected her interactions with other people.
If she met Miura first she might act the same way when she met Cayenne. Thinking he is rude and with no redeeming qualities until she got to know him. But when she met Miura, despite the negative things she saw, she thought he's not such a bad guy on the first day they met. Because she learned that there's always a deeper meaning behind another persons actions (based on her relationship with Cayenne and also Lillian who disliked her before they became close)

First few episodes hints her inexperience with the opposite sex (first time sitting and eating together with a boy, texting/writing a letter to a boy) now she's openly talking with them , asking their opinion (like the data gathering for the bento, before it was Mizuki and Charon asking in her stead)

Momona jealous? Maybe, though she actually cheered Lillian on, saying they have to take fate on their own hands. She also admired Lillian, and thinking it must be nice to have someone to love and dedicate yourself like that. Perhaps regarding his fans? But it's not like he hanged out with them frequently.. The princess carry with Mizuki? Perhaps a little bit?
It was mostly Cayenne acting like that though.. XD Momona was mostly clueless (common for most shoujo heroines)

naekiyo said:
And exactly, Lady Jewel is someone who is kind, compassionate and is always striving to aim higher, traits which Momona all show. It's pretty boring if you ask me. Lilian's development is also quite boring now that she's opening up and still perfect, but her relationship with Miura shows the two characters to be way more interesting.

All the main girls posses those traits. Lillian gives good advice to Momona despite being rivals, Mizuki saved Lillian's luggage and was known to protect her friends from bullies, Charon writes and reads to children. Well.. Except Charon who’s rethinking being the top lady thing.. But she’s still aiming high along with the others (I think?).

I'm interested if Ruby will become a more capable mentor ( she's getting better recently) and if she can change Luea, and if she's another chosen one, like what happened on KiraDeco.

naekiyo said:

And for the Cayenne and Miura hoodies, what else are they gonna wear besides hoodies?

You mentioned Momona’s seifuku being too urban/street, unelegant like, unfitting for a strict place like JewelPalace, but Cayenne and Miura's regular outfit are the same, unlike what Romeo, Soarer and Levin wears. Though Cayenne could lose the red hood, and his outfit will resemble Soarer’s. Do the Princes have other outfits? Maybe. But their regular outfits reflect their personalities. Like how Momona felt out of place at the Jewel Palace, she was unelegant and unrefined like the other candidates.

My point is, each character has their own default style and it's not like the JP rules are clear to us regarding what to wear and how to act. Each candidates are unique, so perhaps to bring out their individuality they let them dress what they are comfortable with. But they seem to have rules on certain things to maintain order.
Feb 14, 2019 3:52 AM

Jul 2015
Miura with the teasing, how cute.

Nice bentos there, neat episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 15, 2014

5 by poopybuttcrack »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:18 AM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 52 Discussion

naekiyo - Mar 28, 2015

11 by cowzarto »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 6, 2014

17 by walkdallama »»
May 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 29 Discussion

duo2nd - Oct 19, 2014

8 by Ameeraa »»
Apr 14, 2020 10:52 PM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 39 Discussion

duo2nd - Jan 5, 2015

7 by animedark »»
Mar 3, 2019 5:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.