Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2014
This isn't a thread to discuss about the game ( if you guys want to, go ahead ). I'm only making this thread to ask if there's a free emulated download of the game for PC because my parents won't let me get it because they automatically dislike what I like and would likely tell me to return the game if I ever bought it with my own money. And my aunt ( who'd pretty much buy me anything if I asked ) already said a long time ago that she wouldn't buy me anything related to To Aru Majutsu no Index because she thinks it's too violent and that it's an attack on religion. So I'm pretty much stuck in a situation where I can't get it and no-one would get it for me. Any help would be appreciated.
Sep 20, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
You can find a torrent of it from this kitty-torrent site which was down in the last few weeks.
Sep 20, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
Noboru said:
You can find a torrent of it from this kitty-torrent site which was down in the last few weeks.
Is it a safe website? I don't want viruses and stuff.
Sep 20, 2014 12:39 PM

Jan 2009
After a quick search it seems there's even a site with this name that I didn't even mean.
I only used that term because I didn't want to mention the actual name. xD

But if you don't even know the famous torrent site and can't even search for the title there, then you should better forget about it.
Sep 20, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
Noboru said:
After a quick search it seems there's even a site with this name that I didn't even mean.
I only used that term because I didn't want to mention the actual name. xD

But if you don't even know the famous torrent site and can't even search for the title there, then you should better forget about it.
I found this, is the site legit? Is it safe too? http://www.torrenthound.com/hash/876c87c17b5b007dbe1bc7ee65f9a4366fcba2b1/torrent-info/PSP-FTG-To-Aru-Majutsu-no-Index-JAP
Sep 20, 2014 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
emupradise
Sep 20, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
don't know, but please don't post links. There's a reason why I didn't mention any names.

You can check URLs with sites like:
https://www.virustotal.com/
http://urlvoid.com/
http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/
http://quttera.com/
https://anubis.iseclab.org/
(last one only checks for potential security flaws)

however, even those can't guarantee 100% that a site is safe if no scanner found anything.
And for the files, even the 64MiB on VT are not enough, so you're always at risk the moment you're even online on the internet in general.

edit: I would recommend backing up your data and scanning your computer with AV live CDs such as
Avira Rescue System
Bitdefender Rescue CD
Kaspersky Rescue Disk

Good Windows on-demand scanners are Malwarebytes, Emsisoft Emergency Scanner, Stinger and Hitman Pro (3.7) (last download at the bottom).

then there are rootkit detectors you could check out at gmer.net.
If you use emulation software for mounting ISOs, then you'll also need Defogger to temporary disable them before the ark (anti-rootkit) scans.

And there are analytic tools such as FRST (tutorial)
or OTL (how to use), but don't expect me to be able to read your logs. I can only do the same as you, namely searching for the listed entries and hoping, nothing's dangerous in there.

And before I forget it: don't use combofix unless you have backups and you're either instructed by a professional helper (btw. most wouldn't help you in case they found illegal stuff) or know what you do.
In those cases, you would be better off with a clean install or a (hopefully) clean image backup.
NoboruSep 20, 2014 2:19 PM
Sep 21, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2009
Sorry, but I refuse to give more specific help about this matter.

First of all, I'm not a babysitter and therefore won't spoon-feed people in telling direct links or the websites apart from giving hints. The last one I'm giving is the Japanese word for "meow".

Secondly, I'm only giving rough guidelines and don't claim to be without fault nor shall I take any liability from potential damage in using one of those programs. Therefore, the main concept is as follows:

1) you make sure to have your important data always backed up (for example: using multiple external HDDs which are only plugged in when you backup and copy files back, flash drives, cloud storage, etc.)
2) if you visit a potential harmful website (even if it's not blacklisted) it's your own fault. You could use extensions such as NoScript (guide) to minimize the risks as well as an active and up-to date anti-virus.
3) you scan all files you've downloaded and scan regularly in general. How often and which tools is up to you, but don't install more than one with real-time protection, but use instead additional on-demand scanners such as those I've mentioned or the ones with their own Linux OS to boot from.
4) if you delete or quarantine something it's your own decision
5) if you decide to run one of those files/programs you've illegally downloaded, it's your own risk.

On a final note, it's neither courteous to quote the whole text, especially when it's just above you, since you could've pressed the "Quick Reply" button in the bottom left, nor adding stuff which the creator never wrote like this "Wifi Baby Monitor" link.
Sep 22, 2014 1:29 AM

Aug 2014
Noboru said:

On a final note, it's neither courteous to quote the whole text, especially when it's just above you, since you could've pressed the "Quick Reply" button in the bottom left, nor adding stuff which the creator never wrote like this "Wifi Baby Monitor" link.
I didn't post that it was someone else.
Sep 22, 2014 1:36 AM

Feb 2014
Out there somewhere there is a place where the world's PIRATES gather, it is speculated to be a BAY out in the Pacific Ocean and it is where they dump all the loot and spoils they have gather from plundering and robbing ships so they can freely distribute it among the weak, needy and poor. It is called PIRATE BAY

Sep 22, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2009
@ MechaKiryu: then I'm sorry, because I assumed that was you with a secondary account.
Anyway, my point still stays the same. I will neither tell any direct links nor directly name the portal of the site to possibly get the file you want from.
If you wanted to hear something like: "here, click on this link and download it from here! I've checked the link + files and it's 100% save! I even seed it for ya!", then I have to disappoint you.
Not only because of the general rules in most boards including this one, but also because it's against my principles to spoon feed people in getting illegal stuff when they can search it by themselves with the help of a search engine (Google/Bing/Yahoo, etc.).

@ Anti_Meta: you have to be desperate to download from there imho, aside from that, some countries might have it blocked because of it's popularity. Compared to that, this "meow" site seems rather unknown outside of Anime fans.
NoboruSep 22, 2014 9:00 AM
Sep 22, 2014 1:23 PM

Aug 2014
Anti_Meta said:
Out there somewhere there is a place where the world's PIRATES gather, it is speculated to be a BAY out in the Pacific Ocean and it is where they dump all the loot and spoils they have gather from plundering and robbing ships so they can freely distribute it among the weak, needy and poor. It is called PIRATE BAY
According to my computer, the Bay you speak of is unsafe.

More topics from this board

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

10 by Jensenessy »»
4 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
5 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

28 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3716 by Jeritorias »»
Yesterday, 9:57 AM

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - Apr 19

3 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Apr 21, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.