Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 5:29 PM
May 2014
Shangetsu said:
Not the same amount.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Sep 20, 2014 5:41 PM

Dec 2011
Tatsuya even pulling off his god-like abilities. My goodness. Overpowered doesn't even describe him really.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2014 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
Anmoly97 said:
Mayumi is so kawai omfg

deanzel said:
Not a bad continuation on last week's action. More of the other characters finally got in on the OP bandwagon making Omnii-sama take a back seat (at least for a little bit). And that ending sequence was hilarious. Onii-sama was like...

this LOL

this was exactly what was going on in my mind at that scene

well the first time you see Masaki makes sense to me now his magic sure is brutal

1 more left sucks that i only started to really enjoy this in it's finale arc(in the anime)
Sep 20, 2014 5:52 PM

Apr 2008
konatachan80 said:
Shangetsu said:
Not the same amount.

That part in the novel STILL makes me cringe. That kind of pain is unimaginable
Sep 20, 2014 5:57 PM

Nov 2012
This episode sure shocked me,the fodders (aka anyone besides Tatsuya) actually managed to steal the spotlight from Tatsuya for more than a second.
Sep 20, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
Wait what two deaths?!

...nope it's just Jesus doing typical shit like reviving people
Sep 20, 2014 6:22 PM
Jul 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Mostly a good episode, they did Masaki very well, and the fluidity of the episode was done right, but as I have been saying 20 episodes I think now, they continue to go out of their way to minimize Erika and Miyuki.

While they showed Orochimaru, there was nothing in there about how Erika receiving this sword was her official acceptance into the Chiba family nor again just how happy she is with it and with having the chance to kill people. It's like the adapters are afraid that they will lose fans if they divert from "Cute Erika" ignoring that this isn't the reason readers like Erika.

Miyuki's scene was all wrong, we got absolutely no sense of how powerful and terrifying her spell and indeed she is. First when she jumped out of the helicopter her magical interference was so powerful that no one could cast magic (including Mari), second it doesn't "freeze" their bodies, it freezes their minds. Third it is omnidirectional, the attackers were not in convenient mass. Fourth everyone felt it, so it should have been animated like a pulse. Fifth, everyone outside of Erika were terrified by the spell and her as well as they should be: she can look at people and they die. She doesn't need a CAD (they at least showed that properly), it kiills who she wants and spares who she wants, its a magic so far outside of the normal realm that the reaction should have been animated.

Perhaps these are minor points, but for me both scenes were favorites of mine and I think both would have been good scenes to spend a little more time on.

Agreed. Miyuki's scene was such a let down. The hostage part too which wasn't even included... I really wanted to see all the supporting characters reactions throughout the series, but good god WHERE ARE THE REACTIONS?! Tatsunism a new religion.
Sep 20, 2014 6:43 PM

Jul 2008
konatachan80 said:
Shangetsu said:
Not the same amount.

Sep 20, 2014 6:54 PM

Sep 2013
A damn shame Aniplex bought the NA rights. Id love to own this.
Sep 20, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2014
can't wait for the final episode.

Sep 20, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2014
I hope the last episode lets us see how bad-ass Tatsuya really is...honestly I wasn't satisfied on this one...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 20, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode. I now understand what Tatsuya meant by he would lose to Ichijou if it was a real fight on the battlefield in 9SC arc. I seriously doubt Tatsuya would lose to him in a situation like that but this episode did show how op and dangerous Masaki can be on the battlefield.
Sep 20, 2014 8:03 PM

Mar 2009
I wonder if he is the only one in the world who can use that spell? It is amazing how he can do that...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Sep 20, 2014 8:08 PM

Feb 2014
That ending scene.... Thats cheating :(
I want at least some of the cast members to die in the series...

But man, that asian alliance organization group(forgot their name) are barely putting up a fight. They are getting wrecked, especially by Highschool students.
Sep 20, 2014 8:35 PM

Jul 2013
And here I thought there will finally be some casualties.. hey they're in a war against trained military people here and they're just High School students.. sasuga oniisama! I don't hate badass overpowered leads in fact I prefer them over pathetic wimpy leads but there's no denying that this is getting repetitive and... boring.
Sep 20, 2014 8:44 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
ASdfghjkl;

I ship it. Cardinal George and Ichijou I SHIP IT.

And immortality...has been reached >_> -points to oniisama-
Awesome episode :l though next will be the last ;-;
Sep 20, 2014 8:44 PM

Mar 2012
Dis is disappointing the one thing I was really looking forward to see was not shown, and that is the reaction of everyone to Tatsuya's true power, when miyuki set him free.

And Idc give me spoilers is tatsuya going to use that big move like nuclear bomb dat was shown in the first episode as young tatsuya.
Sep 20, 2014 8:56 PM

May 2013
OP Tatsuya just destroys his enemies just like that. This series keeps reminding me of that. With that flight suit, he kinda looks unstoppable. He even healed Kirihara and Kei. Wow. Just wow.
I'm beginning to love Mayumi now. Just like Tatsuya said, she's a barrel of laughs. Masaki's attacks were very bloody, but beautiful. I almost got the wrong idea when George doesn't want Masaki to go. Haha!
Last episode next week. I'm a little sad.
Sep 20, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
Ganja17 said:
Dis is disappointing the one thing I was really looking forward to see was not shown, and that is the reaction of everyone to Tatsuya's true power, when miyuki set him free.

And Idc give me spoilers is tatsuya going to use that big move like nuclear bomb dat was shown in the first episode as young tatsuya.

Sep 20, 2014 9:09 PM

Sep 2013
Shangetsu said:
Ganja17 said:

sold
LittorioSep 20, 2014 9:18 PM
Sep 20, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
This last arc is excellent, and Tatsuya is more badass than ever, that personage OP, Miyuki also shown to have strength, but his brother is in another level, can even heal others, he is one of the strongest characters I've ever seen and Mayumi always kawaii, I really like her personality
Only one more episode for Tatsuya kick the ass of the invaders, hopefully a great ending and to leave aperture for a second season, for this anime that is definitely one of the best of the year ..
Sep 20, 2014 9:13 PM

Sep 2014
Good job boys for protecting your women . . .
and also shipping for Mayumi x Oni-sama . . .
Sep 20, 2014 9:43 PM

Jul 2009
The whole time i was watching this episode i was thinking how someone should die as long as it wasn't someone i really like (which kinda defeats the purpose) but when Kirihara and Kei got hit i was freaking out. I LOVE THOSE TWO. Even tho Kei gets basically no screen time i always thought he's a complete sweetie. And Kirihara is awesome ok, we can't break up da lovers!!!!
Sep 20, 2014 9:47 PM

Jul 2013
Hm, few badass scenes
Miyuki's magic not being portrayed well
No explanations
Isori and Kirihara protecting Kanon and Sayaka respectively. Nicely done
Then Tatsuya comes in and uses
Ganja17 said:

She is a barrel of laughs... LOL. More people boarding Mayumi x Tatsuya ship now.

And there's no mention of his other alias,
SandyBoiSep 20, 2014 9:56 PM
Sep 20, 2014 9:51 PM

Aug 2008
Again,your above average Mahouka episode. Another 4/5 from me again. I've been enjoying Mahouka last week and this week episode than I normally does. Shipping for Tatsuya x Mayumi.

But the villains are lame since they are all cannon fodder. Is Lu Gonghu the only decent villain we age getting in this arc? If there are better villain in this action pack episode,it could get 5/5 from me.

Bromance between Suzaku V 2.0 and George. Somehow,give me the death flag feeling but doubt either of those two going to die.
Strakerz said:
That ending scene.... Thats cheating :(
I want at least some of the cast members to die in the series...

But man, that asian alliance organization group(forgot their name) are barely putting up a fight. They are getting wrecked, especially by Highschool students.

Great Asian Alliance is not that great. Agree with you. The villain are pathetic.I also hope someone would die. Maybe it will make the show better and produce impact.
ZapredonSep 20, 2014 10:10 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 20, 2014 9:53 PM
Jul 2011
every week I come here and read all the comments from the butt hurt LN readers... haha it always makes me laugh a little
Sep 20, 2014 9:54 PM

Jan 2008
I feel like I'm watching another Chuck Norris film that's directed by Uwe Boll.
Sep 20, 2014 10:10 PM

Dec 2013
Cardinal George Homosexual confirmed. 2014. Gay.

Other than that, this episode was WEEEIRRD as heck lol. But good anyways. I wanted to see Shiba Tatsuya 1 versus 10000000. That'd be fun to watch.

5/5. Hope the ending of this series is a good one.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 20, 2014 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
They are really going over the top with the fucking deaths of these scrubs the students are killing. Ichijo in particular was living up to that crimson prince name.

Though I didn't have a problem with the episode per say, reading all the comments from the LN readers about how the Miyuki and Erika scenes were supposed to be more intense kind of disappoints me. As an anime only watcher, the stand alone wasn't terrible, but reading those comments made me wish they did it better. Especially the Miyuki scene. That sounds way more badass and fucking terrifying in the LN.
Sep 20, 2014 10:16 PM

Feb 2008
So... basically Shiba is a god. I know we all joked about it, but the man can literally do everything. There's nothing he CAN'T do. It's not even in his vocabulary. Wadamotherfuckawa
Sep 20, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2008
I think the Crimson prince has a secret admirer in Curious George's heart (that of a maiden's, not that there's anything wrong with that). I can imagine all the BL doujinshi flood the internets already.

Tatsuya's black armor looks F-ing amazing. I like it more than Iron man. Just so intimidating. I can see why his enemies call him the Obsidian Demon. Looks like they added Tatsuya's flying CAD to the belt, among other changes, so I guess this makes the suit 2.0 after upgrading the design? I wonder what it looked like before.

Them collapsible helmets, why are they not more feasible and common in IRL!? Imagine the awesome (street-legal) motorcycle helmets that open up like that. Someone with skills needs to do a kickstarter for that wicked helmet, or something along those lines.

When did Erika get to use Zangetsu (on a diet)? Don't tell me no one else sees the resemblance to the iconic giant kitchen knife.

Next episode is the last. Dammit. I'm hoping they have another season or two or even OVAs. They've still yet to cover how Tatsuya saved Miyuki when they were children, or what their mother and aunt did to experiment on him, the aftermath of the Yokohama incident...among many other questions left unanswered--something I doubt they'll be able to fit in the remaining 24 minutes.

yaHzee said:
So... basically Shiba is a god. I know we all joked about it, but the man can literally do everything. There's nothing he CAN'T do. It's not even in his vocabulary. Wadamotherfuckawa

Well, he is essentially Shiva incarnated. The references are everywhere: Shiba= how Shiva is pronounced phonically in Japanese, Third-Eye=ultimate weapon of mass destruction, right hand of destruction, left hand of rebirth, loved as a god (put on pedestal by Miyuki) yet feared as a demon (by his enemies), also known as The Destroyer, ...I can go on all day. Hell, they even call him "Mahesvara" in the light novels.
Estoy_GordoSep 20, 2014 10:39 PM
Sep 20, 2014 10:25 PM

Apr 2013
Godtsuya finally bringing people back from the dead
Sep 20, 2014 10:38 PM

Aug 2011
All hail Jesus Tatsuya.
Sep 20, 2014 10:50 PM

Jun 2010
Tatsuya is literally a God.
Sep 20, 2014 11:11 PM

Aug 2011
very fast in 23 minute. 4/5
Sep 20, 2014 11:34 PM

May 2008
-MgZ_ said:
Tatsuya is literally a God.

He can only restore things back to their original state within 24 hours limit which is still OP
Sep 20, 2014 11:40 PM

Nov 2012
I was expecting bare-handed annihilation or something, not this Batman/Ironman suit!

And he can even restore other people? for crying out loud.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 20, 2014 11:43 PM
Oct 2007
Very underwhelm episode after last week revelation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2014 11:44 PM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, Tatsuya is Jesus Batman slapping his dick around. His dick is so huge he uses it to help balance his flight.
That ending, more like Onii-sama ex machina
Sep 20, 2014 11:48 PM
Jul 2014
He performed a miracle...saint, saint immediately.

Not enough Tatsuya this episode though, 1/10.
Hope they get on the right track in the final episode. And I expect him to blow off at least one planet.
Sep 21, 2014 12:04 AM

Apr 2012
oh man Tatsuya is the second coming of Jesus Christ

AMEN.

Sep 21, 2014 12:28 AM

Dec 2013
aww Saegusa too cute :D

decent episode 4/5
Sep 21, 2014 12:33 AM

Feb 2012
Zeally said:
oh man Tatsuya is the second coming of Jesus Christ

AMEN.
Jesus took 3 days to complete his resurrection, Tatsuya can do it instantly. Yes that means he's even better than Jesus
Sep 21, 2014 12:56 AM

May 2014
y123y said:

What was Strike 1?

Mahou Sensou, 6 1/2 volumes in 12 eps,no wonder it made no sense.
darkreaperixSep 21, 2014 1:16 AM
Sep 21, 2014 1:14 AM

Mar 2014
Kei get restore CG. Kirihara no get restore CG. Sad.
Sep 21, 2014 1:20 AM

Jan 2014
so Tatsuya is Jesus in anime? (o_O)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 21, 2014 1:53 AM

Mar 2010
meh..... so this is it? people were saying that tatsuya would go full beast mode, all he did is slap his belt a few times and shot his gun. Hella over hyped.

Also whats up with these side characters taking up so much screen time, dont get me wrong they are ok, but this is the second to last episode it doesnt make sense to give underdeveloped characters so much screen time, when it could have been used to display tatsuya's full potential. All in all a disappointing episode, i was excited at the end of last week's episode but that excitement was short lived, looks like this show will continue to be underwhelming to the very end.

Sep 21, 2014 2:12 AM

Mar 2014
Shangetsu said:
GGNoodles said:
Well seems like that tatsuya surpasses god.

I cant wait for their faces; tatsuya w-w-who are you?

Thanks for explanation.
Sep 21, 2014 2:50 AM

Jul 2012
Nearing the end, one more episode to go! Tatsuya revealing his ability, he sure is OP.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 21, 2014 3:42 AM

May 2013
Aww Masaki, you are worried to your schoolmates after they saw your badass yet killer move. Bromance George, bromance.

One more episode. Tatsuya's OPness is over 90000!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.