Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (43) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp they survived that. The final episode detailed Saazbaum's fight against the Terrans. I thought his mecha reminds me one of those transformers which it transformed.

Asseylum's role in this fight impressed me more than I had thought though. Slaine had a pretty bad timing witnessing the princes being shot there. Fuck. And I thought his luck couldn't get any worse. But seriously, what the fuck? INAHO DIED???? THE PRINCESS DIED???? What.

Part 2 should be fun if it goes with this route.
Stark700Sep 20, 2014 8:53 AM
Sep 20, 2014 8:24 AM

May 2009
Anticlimatic as fuck.
Sep 20, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
oh...
Sep 20, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2013
let me tell you this episode:
PLOT FOR NOTHING

let me repeat
PLOT

FOR

M*****
FU*****

NOTHING

so much sasuga, weeks before we got TokyoGhoul's Tragedy ending, and now this?!
Sep 20, 2014 8:31 AM

Apr 2009
bastek66 said:
Anticlimatic as fuck.

up until maybe the last 3 minutes I agree with you

outside of that though

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Sep 20, 2014 8:32 AM
Sep 2014
How the fuck will they manage the second season without both main characters ?? o_O
Sep 20, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2013
Fuck.

My heart hurts.

I literally cry.

I'm hopeless.

I'm heart-broken.

I'm conflicted.
Sep 20, 2014 8:36 AM

Oct 2007
In before this show is original and the shit cause it had the balls to kill some main characters dammit. Now it makes sense why they didn't really bother developing them all that much at least. Now this whole season feels like a complete waste of time in retrospect though unless you're a Slaine fan of which they're many. Maybe they're just liquidating the not so popular characters to focus on the fujoshi bait and one that's largely been the most interesting.

The final fight was predictably anti-climatic at least. Really at that point Inaho has to go because he's just too invincible once he gets in a robot and there's zero tension in the show cause he just beats everyone effortlessly. I guess that makes it all the more surprising and hard to buy that Slaine actually did what he did....I'm still honestly somewhat skeptical. As for Asselyum, I guess the third times the charm. If she doesn't stay dead after this latest death then who knows man.

Anyway nothing to really feel here, no lesson to be learned, if you didn't predict this kind of cliche cliffhanger ending considering who's in charge of the story concept you've got another thing coming. Whether it's the remaining staff living up to the standard they feel he's set for the absolute best writing anime can possibly offer it's audience these days or he is actually watching it in a supervisory capacity you knew something like this had to be cooking.
Sep 20, 2014 8:47 AM

Nov 2009
Please people don't tell me that you believe Inaho was really dead, plot twist: no he is not.

This kind of setting which kills mc then several episode later on he comes back is not rare to see(aka shingeki no kyojin).

Whatever though, since I'm not interested in Inaho, its quite amusing to watch Slaine break down after Hime was shot, and I do believe that she is dead, for real this time.
Sep 20, 2014 8:50 AM
Jun 2011
If she is dead, depending where she was shot, same for Inaho, then Slaine will be accused for her or his death and his if that is the case, which means he will have to redeem himself in part 2. In other words, he would be considered a capital traitor for both Mars and Earth, the war will become devastating without the princess if she is dead.
Sep 20, 2014 8:53 AM
Jun 2011
Do you know where they got shot? Either way, Slaine will be marked for death by both sides and he will have to redeem by ending the war and bringing peace despite both sides hunting him down.
Sep 20, 2014 8:56 AM

Apr 2008
And Slaine fucks up ONCE AGAIN. Who saw that coming
Sep 20, 2014 9:00 AM

Jul 2007
Aldnoah keeps disappointing

Its obvious that both of them will be alive at the start of S2 via some aldnoah power asspull and if not, well fuck no I am not sticking with the show where only slaine is the lead, that smells like Gundam Seed Destiny all over again.
Sep 20, 2014 9:02 AM

Oct 2007
Excelion1 said:
If she is dead, depending where she was shot, same for Inaho, then Slaine will be accused for her or his death and his if that is the case, which means he will have to redeem himself in part 2. In other words, he would be considered a capital traitor for both Mars and Earth, the war will become devastating without the princess if she is dead.

They're trying to make this show extra special different and bleeding edge so I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to run with some whole concept with Slaine as the sole MC and a new cast of characters afterward that doesn't really work at all with what came before it. In any case no wonder they said they were still working on a concept for Season 2 a few weeks back, they really are going to need to fully rethink this shit given what happened here.

Seriously though like I can't say I'm shocked, I knew going in and based on what they were trying to do with this show and who they got on board staff wise that it could be like this, rather I'm just struggling to find the point. Inaho I don't care about cause he was the worst possible main character IMO, but Saazbaum's story arc just kind of ends with no real resolution or reflection if he's dead making the whole trying to have a nuanced villain thing kind of meaningless (not that he felt like it anymore after his dinner scene chat). Seriously all these people star this interstellar war that threatens humanities existence for reasons and then all get swept up in it, largely do and accomplish jack shit for 12 episodes other than a whole lot of killing and destruction and then up and die without facing any consequences or having to reflect on it. Is this really what they meant by Let Justice Reign? I know Urobuchi has some butthurt thing about Justice so I figured it'd be some sort of ironic twist, but this just feels like more pointless slaughter. Lol whatever, this show really isn't worth pondering too much, as I said before nothing to feel here, no lesson to be learned......
Sep 20, 2014 9:03 AM

May 2009
VanishingKira said:
Doubt either of them are dead.

Those were headshots, man.

This wouldn't happen if that retard Slaine killed Sassybum long time ago.
bastek66Sep 20, 2014 9:06 AM
Sep 20, 2014 9:07 AM
Jun 2011
I think she is dead, it was in the head! Means Slaine and Inaho will survive, part 2 most likely features her being buried and Inaho wanting revenge, the other guy might have survived and might take over Mars to finish his job! Part 2, Slaine the traitor, how will he get out of this if neither survived?
Excelion1Sep 20, 2014 9:10 AM
Sep 20, 2014 9:09 AM

Oct 2012
Sasuga urobuchi.
Sep 20, 2014 9:17 AM

Jul 2007
bastek66 said:
VanishingKira said:

Those were headshots, man.

This wouldn't happen if that retard Slaine killed Sassybum long time ago.

Its Aldnoah they are fine, via some random martian power of princess..

If not then there's no point in watching it since the only characters with ANY potential of char growth are dead and GSD-Shinji-wannabe is sole lead.
Sep 20, 2014 9:17 AM

May 2009
Vvasho said:
Sasuga urobuchi.

How many times it must be repeated. He left after third episode and never cared about it. He didn't even create those characters.
Sep 20, 2014 9:20 AM
Jun 2011
Watch us learn that the princess's grandfather have a secret that whenever she is killed, she revives or has a another double like the last time. If that happens, I will presume she is a god :p, Slaine, advice for you, you get caught by either side, you are dead cause know you are a rogue and also did not kill Saazbaum considering you did not shoot him fatally!
Sep 20, 2014 9:22 AM
Sep 20, 2014 9:22 AM
Mar 2012
No way they going to make second season with only slain he only good at killing people with gun some times on the back this show is drooped if inaho is dead for sure
Sep 20, 2014 9:23 AM

Jul 2007
Excelion1 said:
Watch us learn that the princess's grandfather have a secret that whenever she is killed, she revives or has a another double like the last time. If that happens, I will presume she is a god :p, Slaine, advice for you, you get caught by either side, you are dead cause know you are a rogue and also did not kill Saazbaum considering you did not shoot him fatally!

Yeah I am thinking Princess will asspull revive and then revive Inaho "returning the favor" for ntrkissingsaving her
Sep 20, 2014 9:23 AM

Apr 2008
So Sazbaum's Kat had the powers of all the defeated Kat's HOLY FUCK talk about OP
Sep 20, 2014 9:25 AM
Jun 2011
Fai said:
Excelion1 said:

Yeah I am thinking Princess will asspull revive and then revive Inaho "returning the favor" for ntrkissingsaving her

Doubt it, if she survives a freaking head shot, I will be shocked, all she has is the ability to shut down Aldonah, maybe in her last breath she will give her power to Inaho to finish the job and only he survives, considering how most animes can let anyone survive getting their head blown off, etc.. However, considering she is a martian, she may have a lol regen ability or a cloning skill. Nonetheless, if both are dead, this show will be ruined and will end with Slaine sacrificing himself to end the war.
Excelion1Sep 20, 2014 9:29 AM
Sep 20, 2014 9:26 AM

Nov 2008
Slaine is pretty much going to die a horrible death next season, he has no allies now, and I doubt Inaho is actually dead though. Asseylum is pretty much dead this time as I doubt she has another double and reviving her while possible, isn't the best direction for the story.

Sep 20, 2014 9:31 AM
Jun 2011
Hoppy said:
Slaine is pretty much going to die a horrible death next season, he has no allies now, and I doubt Inaho is actually dead though. Asseylum is pretty much dead this time as I doubt she has another double and reviving her while possible, isn't the best direction for the story.
Precisely, watch the remaining die at the end, well we will see when a preview is out and translated and see their fates, if they survive. No princess = War continues and no one to take the throne, might as well end the series with all of them dead.
Sep 20, 2014 9:32 AM

Apr 2008
And to the very end. SLAINE IS A FUCKING MORON. SAVING SAZBAUM AND GETTING THE PRINCESS KILLED
Sep 20, 2014 9:33 AM
Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
And to the very end. SLAINE IS A FUCKING MORON. SAVING SAZBAUM AND GETTING THE PRINCESS KILLED
Yep, he is the victim of all this, without her in his life anymore, he will turn psychotic and probably side with him since he has almost everyone going after him. With the only one having the aldnoah dead, all hope for peace is lost.
Sep 20, 2014 9:34 AM

Apr 2008
Funny thing is in the end Inaho was right. Slaine was the enemy.
Sep 20, 2014 9:34 AM
Jun 2012
Priness don't get headsoit

Sep 20, 2014 9:36 AM
Jun 2011
marconii2002 said:

I saw her in a pool of blood around her head, unless I was mistaken and she got shot in the chest area twice, then she may survive, but for Inaho, game over for him, headshot nuff said, unless she dies and gives him aldnoah. Well if that was her pose when her head jerked up and was shot there only, then she may be the only survivor to face Slaine.
Sep 20, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2009

She was shot multiple times
Sep 20, 2014 9:37 AM

Apr 2008
marconii2002 said:

WEre you even paying attention? She was shot more than once
Sep 20, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2008
I was giggling at the end. Unbelievable.
Sep 20, 2014 9:38 AM

Jan 2014
Ok, Slaine...

You stop Inaho from finishing Saazbaum, you princess got shot.

Now you kill Inaho, who is trying save her all the time?

Moron...

At least now we know that Inaho loves Asseylum. I hope they are not dead...
Sep 20, 2014 9:40 AM
Jun 2011
Either way, this show is going downhill if both are confirmed dead for part 2. Rayet ends up as main, and goes to avenge them and redeem herself and gains power, watch that happen!
Sep 20, 2014 9:46 AM
Feb 2014
I know I am going to get a lot of flak from the inaho fans, but I am glad slaine shot him in the head. He was pissing me off with always having the solution to every fucking problem.

I would love it if Slaine turns into a colder, less naive person from this experience. Then in season 2 he interferes in every battlefield and slaughters everyone he comes across
ARandomBystanderSep 20, 2014 9:53 AM
Sep 20, 2014 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
Bomb of the year... and possibly of the next year too.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Sep 20, 2014 9:54 AM
Apr 2014
i'm speechless

crying

hopeless

omg
Sep 20, 2014 10:03 AM

Jul 2009
F*** you slaine!
YOu damn moron!!

well slaine as probably left and yuki-nee will rescue both her sister and sister in law :P
bruh
Sep 20, 2014 10:04 AM
Jun 2011
I see Rayet as a main, and same for Yuki, hope! The only way they can save it is if she did have the helmet on before the shot to the face, and she somewhat survived, then learns of Inaho's death and vows to avenge him and bring peace for good. If the princess is confirmed dead, no hope for the series even though we would love Yuki to become a main.
Sep 20, 2014 10:05 AM

Jul 2007
LucinaXAvatar said:
I know I am going to get a lot of flak from the inaho fans, but I am glad slaine shot him in the head. He was pissing me off with always having the solution to every fucking problem.

I would love it if Slaine turns into a colder, less naive person from this experience. Then in season 2 he interferes in every battlefield and slaughters everyone he comes across

YEs because everyone wants another Kira Yamato.

That will be so great

*sarcasm*

Excelion1 said:
I see Rayet as a main, and same for Yuki, hope! The only way they can save it is if she did have the helmet on before the shot to the face, and she somewhat survived, then learns of Inaho's death and vows to avenge him and bring peace for good. If the princess is confirmed dead, no hope for the series even though we would love Yuki to become a main.

yeah I coul d bear Inaho's death if Princess survives and hunts down Slaine. That is pretty much the only bearable direction of S2 of this trainwreck.
Sep 20, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2011
OMFG! Dat ending... I am left speechless and my mind is blank after that...

I think I'll just forget this for now and finish other ongoing animes then prepare for next month...

Bad ending.
MagitoSep 20, 2014 10:12 AM
Sep 20, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2008
LucinaXAvatar said:

If those two are dead then you can bet Slaine will die in season 2. Hopefully Rayet or Yuki-nee puts that rabid dog down
Sep 20, 2014 10:11 AM

May 2012
If only this show takes xenogear direction ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 20, 2014 10:13 AM

Apr 2008
Honestly given that they never found the Princess' body according to Yuki nee makes me think Slaine took it away and locked it in some kind of sustaining tube to resurrect her somehow >_> he's fucked up in the head enough to go that far.

HE IS GOING TO BE MISTER FREEZE! Oh the irony. His codename was Bat. Mr. Freeze is from Batman. Oh I am a GENIUS
Darklight0303Sep 20, 2014 10:21 AM
Sep 20, 2014 10:16 AM
Jun 2011
That is a possibility, then she recovers and tries to escape as new heroes attempt to save her, then she shoots down Slaine at the end, that would be sweet and tragic way for him to go, to avenge Inaho and for being a looney!
Sep 20, 2014 10:17 AM

May 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Honestly given that they never found the Princess' body according to Yuki nee makes me think Slaine took it away and locked it in some kind of sustaining tube to resurrect her somehow >_> he's fucked up in the head enough to go that far.

Actually, I wouldn't mind that. I just want this series to be as twisted as possible .

Hue
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 20, 2014 10:27 AM

Mar 2014
VanishingKira said:
Same don't think they died just cause.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Pages (43) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2014

621 by Jon113 »»
Jan 16, 12:55 PM

» Romance ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shomix - Jul 22, 2014

396 by srujan26 »»
Dec 7, 2023 3:27 AM

» Sequel ?

Destined321 - Oct 12, 2023

7 by Destined321 »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:24 AM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

835 by Fail_Man_X »»
Jul 31, 2023 1:40 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

318 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jul 25, 2023 7:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.