Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2014 5:53 AM
Apr 2014
I'm in the mood for a complete journey, one that'll make me feel satisfied. Of course the ending plays a big role in this, so I'd like some suggestions, thanks in advance!

No need to check my list first, by the way, I wouldn't mind hearing opinions on those I've already seen, too.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 2014 5:57 AM

Jul 2014
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai.

One of my favorite. Very beautiful anime. Ending left me mixed emotions. I was ver satisfied
Sep 20, 2014 6:02 AM
Apr 2014
Oh yes, a beautiful anime indeed... the ending was satisfying and oddly uplifting, despite being such a tear jerker, haha.
Sep 20, 2014 6:05 AM

Dec 2013
Jin Roh, hands down. I'm inclined to believe that if it didn't stop your heart you might not have one LOL.

Also these:
Five Leaves
Nana--i'm in the extreme minority here. The real ending would have killed me...
HnC2
Trust and Betrayal
DouluoSep 20, 2014 6:11 AM
Sep 20, 2014 6:41 AM

Jul 2014
Cowboy Bebop and Angel Beats had pretty good endings
Sep 20, 2014 6:49 AM

Feb 2013
Madoka Magica
Steins;Gate
Angel beats
Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood

there's probably more but those are the first ones to come to mind when l think on good endings

Sep 20, 2014 6:50 AM

Nov 2013
Angel Beats! (13 episodes, balances comedy, action and drama. The ending is just one of the many parts that may give you the "feels").

Tatami Galaxy (11 episodes. It may feel repetitive at first, but don't drop it before you reach the ending).

Wolf Children (movie. Heartwarming story about a mother overcoming the hardships of raising 2 "unique" kids).
Sep 20, 2014 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
Cookieknight7 said:

Angel Beats had a good ending?

Spoilers

Sep 20, 2014 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
Shinsekai yori has one one of my favorite endings. Though I don't know if you will feel satisfied or not. It is rather mindblowing.
Sep 20, 2014 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
-Klad- said:
Cookieknight7 said:

Spoilers

Well I liked it o.o
Sep 20, 2014 7:00 AM

Nov 2013
-Klad- said:
Cookieknight7 said:

Spoilers

Sep 20, 2014 7:23 AM

May 2009
The journey for these wasn't that memorable or exciting, but the endings were wow:
Nabari no Ou
Blood+ (aka blood plus)

Journey and ending were both wonderful:
Cross Game
Saraiya Goyou (aka House of Five Leaves)

I enjoyed the journey (though you might not):
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Juuni Kokuki (aka Twelve Kingdoms)
Log Horizon
Sep 20, 2014 7:26 AM

Oct 2008
Ashita No Joe

Sep 20, 2014 8:50 AM
Apr 2014
Gymkata said:
Jin Roh, hands down. I'm inclined to believe that if it didn't stop your heart you might not have one LOL.

Also these:
Five Leaves
Nana--i'm in the extreme minority here. The real ending would have killed me...
HnC2
Trust and Betrayal

Jin-Roh, ah yes, that movie's been recommended to me a while ago and I've almost forgotten all about it. Thanks for the reminder :)

Nana was an amazing anime, and the ending didn't bother me quite as much either. I agree with you on HnC2 completely, however. I've yet to see Trust & Betrayal (because I haven't seen Rurouni Kenshin) and I've yet to see Five Leaves as well, but I've heard good things :)

Cookieknight7 said:

I liked Cowboy Bebop's ending as well. Also, for some odd reason, I haven't seen Angel Beats yet... :( (i know, right?)

saifmohammed said:
Code Geass

Magnificent ending.

Hell yes, absolutely beautiful. I didn't find the second season as well written (though it was still good) but the ending compensated for everything.

badwolf45f said:
Madoka Magica
Steins;Gate
Angel beats
Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood

there's probably more but those are the first ones to come to mind when l think on good endings

I agree with all of these! except Angel Beats (cause I haven't seen it yet).

kokusho36 said:
Angel Beats! (13 episodes, balances comedy, action and drama. The ending is just one of the many parts that may give you the "feels").

Tatami Galaxy (11 episodes. It may feel repetitive at first, but don't drop it before you reach the ending).

Wolf Children (movie. Heartwarming story about a mother overcoming the hardships of raising 2 "unique" kids).

All three of these are anime which have been on my mind for a while but I haven't gotten around to seeing. Thanks for the +'s, nice to know that I'll be satisfied by the end of them.

robis798 said:
Shinsekai yori has one one of my favorite endings. Though I don't know if you will feel satisfied or not. It is rather mindblowing.

It has one of my favourite endings too, I absolutely loved the show as a whole and I couldn't imagine the ending doing things much better.

Caeca said:
The journey for these wasn't that memorable or exciting, but the endings were wow:
Nabari no Ou
Blood+ (aka blood plus)

Cross Game

I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Log Horizon

Thanks a lot for the recs. The Twelve Kingdoms is one I'll probably start soon - are you implying that the journey was great, but the ending was not?

amateur said:
Ashita No Joe

I've heard good things about this one, only thing holding me back as of now is its length. I really gotta clear up my schedule, haha
Sep 20, 2014 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
All the shinsekai yori endings
Fruits basket ending
All the zetsuen no tempest endings.
Kyoukai no kanata ending
Kuroshitsuji first season ending 1.
Natsume yuujinchou ending 1
Fate/Zero second season ending 2
All the haikyuu endings
No 6 ending
Bokura wa minna kawaisou ending 1
Brothers conflict ending 1
And i know you're not asking about openings but i want to write them so;

Ao haru ride op
Sukitte liinayo op
kimi ni todoke op
bokura wa minna kawaisou op
Haikyuu ops
Kamisama hajimemashita op
Zetsuen no tempest ops
Kuroko no basuke op 1
No 6 op
Fruits basket op
Sep 20, 2014 9:03 AM
Apr 2014
Kougyokuz said:
All the shinsekai yori endings
Fruits basket ending
All the zetsuen no tempest endings.
Kyoukai no kanata ending
Kuroshitsuji first season ending 1.
Natsume yuujinchou ending 1
Fate/Zero second season ending 2
All the haikyuu endings
No 6 ending
Bokura wa minna kawaisou ending 1
Brothers conflict ending 1
And i know you're not asking about openings but i want to write them so;

Ao haru ride op
Sukitte liinayo op
kimi ni todoke op
bokura wa minna kawaisou op
Haikyuu ops
Kamisama hajimemashita op
Zetsuen no tempest ops
Kuroko no basuke op 1
No 6 op
Fruits basket op

I was talking about the actual conclusions to the shows, actually. Although you've given me a good amount of OPs and EDs I haven't seen/heard yet, so I guess I don't mind too much... :)
Sep 20, 2014 9:20 AM

May 2013
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi...
Just epic.
Sep 20, 2014 9:26 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
ping pong: the animation.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Sep 20, 2014 9:40 AM

Feb 2013
shinsekai yori
code geass
ef a tale of melodies
kara no kyoukai
angel beats
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Sep 20, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2011
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Tsumiki no Ie
Sep 20, 2014 10:06 AM

Sep 2014
Gunbuster has probably the greatest ending in anime. To say any more would spoil the surprise. Seriously, check it out. I wrote about my feelings on the show here
Sep 20, 2014 5:16 PM

May 2009
adrianojones said:
Caeca said:
Nabari no Ou
Blood+ (aka blood plus)

Cross Game

I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Log Horizon

Thanks a lot for the recs. The Twelve Kingdoms is one I'll probably start soon - are you implying that the journey was great, but the ending was not?

Not quite? Here are the reasons I put the last three under that category:
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs - ending was a little disappointing but appropriate.
Juuni Kokuki - ending was not memorable (aka I forgot it, though I remember the journey). I think it concluded well - just not memorably.
Log Horizon - there are loose ends at its conclusion; this is not necessarily a bad thing, since it brings excitement into season 2, which has yet to air.
^ Hope this helps.
Sep 20, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2014
Code Geass R2
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Steins;Gate (especially with the special episode and the movie)
Sep 20, 2014 5:46 PM
Apr 2014
Mydlak said:
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi...
Just epic.

I actually haven't heard of that anime, but I've looked it up and it seems interesting, so thanks :)

Toarujisuru said:
ping pong: the animation.

I've heard good things and the art style definitely looks unique, although it's not incredibly high on my priority list. Good to know it has a satisfying ending, though.

Smooki said:
shinsekai yori
code geass
ef a tale of melodies
kara no kyoukai
angel beats

I agree with all of your list except ef: a tale of melodies (I've only seen memories) and Angel Beats simply because I haven't seen them yet. I've got some work to do...

silversaint said:
Tsumiki no Ie

I just watched Tsumiki no Ie and wow, it was definitely a very well executed story, especially considering it's length.

LOGH is on my PTW but isn't terribly high of priority simply because I'll need to clear out my schedule a fair amount before I wanna invest my time into it :S

Caeca said:
adrianojones said:

Juuni Kokuki - ending was not memorable (aka I forgot it, though I remember the journey). I think it concluded well - just not memorably.
Log Horizon - there are loose ends at its conclusion; this is not necessarily a bad thing, since it brings excitement into season 2, which has yet to air.
^ Hope this helps.

Cleared things up, thanks a lot! I've never heard of I My Me! Strawberry Eggs, so thanks for that rec as well.
Sep 20, 2014 5:48 PM

Sep 2011
gungrave has one of the most chilling endings i have ever seen, the 3rd act has its rough spots but god damn that ending makes it all worth it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 20, 2014 6:09 PM

Aug 2014
.Cowboy Bebop
.Samurai Champloo
.Psycho-Pass
.Elfen Lied
Sep 20, 2014 6:11 PM
Apr 2014
BlLL said:
Code Geass R2
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Steins;Gate (especially with the special episode and the movie)

Agree with all of em, hell yes man!

JizzyHitler said:
gungrave has one of the most chilling endings i have ever seen, the 3rd act has its rough spots but god damn that ending makes it all worth it.

That really sounds like something I'd enjoy, thanks a lot!

otakubloodshed-3 said:
.Cowboy Bebop
.Samurai Champloo
.Psycho-Pass
.Elfen Lied

I agree with Cowboy Bebop and Elfen Lied. EL wrapped up quite well considering it wasn't a full adaption of the manga.
I feel that Psycho-Pass had an open ending that was largely satisfying, but since a second season has been announced things aren't quite over yet... :)
Sep 20, 2014 6:24 PM

Jun 2010
I don't get the point of this, but well, let's join

I'd go with:
Air ~The 1000th summer~
Both for the animu ending and the VN ending. They left me confused for a damn while before figuring out what the HELL happened. Jun Maeda writes the best melodramatic endings, for sure.
5 Centimeters per Second
Goddammit, the cock-blocking train, man. When the insert song kicked in I was already on tears rumbling "fuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyou"
Also,
True Tears, because Mari Okada knows the drill.
EVA (considering both "Congratulations" and EoE as the ending) because those were fucking glorious.

Qaiz said:
Gunbuster has probably the greatest ending in anime. To say any more would spoil the surprise. Seriously, check it out. I wrote about my feelings on the show here

This dude fucking gets it.
Gunbuster was probably the most MIND=BLOWING ending I've ever seen.
Sep 20, 2014 6:27 PM

May 2014
Cowboy Bebop. There is no other answer.

"............bang............"
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Sep 20, 2014 6:41 PM
Apr 2014
xbobx said:
I don't get the point of this, but well, let's join

I'd go with:
Air ~The 1000th summer~
Both for the animu ending and the VN ending. They left me confused for a damn while before figuring out what the HELL happened. Jun Maeda writes the best melodramatic endings, for sure.
5 Centimeters per Second
Goddammit, the cock-blocking train, man. When the insert song kicked in I was already on tears rumbling "fuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyou"
Also,
True Tears, because Mari Okada knows the drill.
EVA (considering both "Congratulations" and EoE as the ending) because those were fucking glorious.

Qaiz said:

This dude fucking gets it.
Gunbuster was probably the most MIND=BLOWING ending I've ever seen.

Mainly for recs, but shits and giggles as well, I guess.
Man, I agree with 5 Cm Per Second though. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I agree with NGE as well I didn't like the congratulations part but I thought EoE was pretty brilliant.

Gunbuster's been recommended to me a lot lately.
You've had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

TheFilthyCasual said:
Cowboy Bebop. There is no other answer.

"............bang............"

There are other answers. But yes, Cowboy Bebop was badass.
Sep 20, 2014 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
In no particular order:

Blast of Tempest
Kara no Kyoukai
KuroKami
Shana of the Burning Eyes
Soul Eater (both anime and manga)
Sep 20, 2014 8:37 PM
Apr 2014
Old_Raven said:
In no particular order:

Blast of Tempest
Kara no Kyoukai
KuroKami
Shana of the Burning Eyes
Soul Eater (both anime and manga)

I definitely agree with Kara no Kyoukai, but not so much with Soul Eater (the anime). It wrapped things up, sure, but it was noticeably rushed... I've continued onto the manga for a bit but I haven't finished it as of yet.
The other three I've heard of but I've yet to watch, so it's good to know that they're safe choices, thanks :)
Sep 20, 2014 9:02 PM

Sep 2014
Code Geass (R2) probably had one of, if not the best endings of all the anime I've watched.
Sep 20, 2014 9:07 PM

Jul 2014
Gurren
Kill la Kill
Shinsekai Yori
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Code Geass
Death Note - to an extent

They all had fairly conclusive endings that didn't leave much room for anything. That's why I like them.
Sep 21, 2014 6:05 AM

Dec 2007
Caeca said:
adrianojones said:

^ Hope this helps.

I'll clear it up for you:
Juuni Kokuki didn't have an ending. It was in the process of introducing a new arc and just suddenly stopped.

As for others with satisfying endings:
Chrno Crusade. Despite all the things I could have wanted that weren't, I honestly can't think of a better ending. Any happy ending would have to have been an asspull anyway.

ARIA the Origination. A fitting end to one of my favorite franchises. It was beautiful, and no loose ends like the Natural.

Carnival Phantasm. All it did was leaving me wanting more.

Giant Robo. A fitting end to a spectacular series.

Baccano! (TV ending, not the OVA). An interesting ride left on a high note. Especially because Isaac and Miriya are so awesome.

Ixion Saga DT. A fun, but not spectacular, series. However, the epilogue was so perfect I have to mention it.

Kara no Kyoukai. Again, a satisfying conclusion to an excellent series.

Starship Operators. Mediocre series outside of the space combat and reality tv angle, but it actually had a down-to-earth ending that ran contrary to the tropes.

Utawarerumono. Mainly because Kimigatame is such a wonderful song.
Sep 21, 2014 6:46 AM

Jan 2014
I haven't watched full bleach but my friend showed me this. ハルカカナタ - UNLIMITS it was 28 bleach ending
Sep 21, 2014 7:31 AM

May 2009
ErwinJA said:
Juuni Kokuki didn't have an ending. It was in the process of introducing a new arc and just suddenly stopped.
That explains so much. xD
Sep 21, 2014 7:46 AM
Sep 2014
My memorable ones are Ano Natsu de Matteru, Angel Beats, Another, Guilty Crown, Kokoro Connect, Mirai Nikki, Samurai Champloo, and Yu Yu Hakusho just to name a few.
Sep 21, 2014 8:42 AM
Aug 2014
http://animewaffles.tv/Load-Chuunibyou-demo-Koi-ga-Shitai-Episode-1-English-Subbed-1248

This show currently has my favorite ending in any anime. Anyone who tries to tell me it doesn't end after 12 episodes will wake up underwater.

CODE GEASS is a close second.
Sep 21, 2014 10:52 AM
Apr 2014
FadeFrost said:
Code Geass (R2) probably had one of, if not the best endings of all the anime I've watched.

I agree, it was definitely an amazing ending.

xRatatosk said:
Gurren
Kill la Kill
Shinsekai Yori
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Code Geass
Death Note - to an extent

They all had fairly conclusive endings that didn't leave much room for anything. That's why I like them.

Gurren, Shinsekai Yori and Code Geass for sure. Death Note's ending didn't leave unanswered questions, but like many others I just wasn't satisfied, LOL.
I've heard mixed opinions about C: , but it's nice to hear that you've found it to be satisfying (in the end, at least)

castilius said:
I haven't watched full bleach but my friend showed me this. ハルカカナタ - UNLIMITS it was 28 bleach ending

I was talking about the actual conclusions to the shows, but thanks for your input I guess?
Haven't seen much of Bleach either, or any other long running anime for that matter, haha.

snoozer4g63t said:
My memorable ones are Ano Natsu de Matteru, Angel Beats, Another, Guilty Crown, Kokoro Connect, Mirai Nikki, Samurai Champloo, and Yu Yu Hakusho just to name a few.

Thanks for the recs!
I've heard mixed opinions about a number of those series, GC especially.

MajorMajora said:
http://animewaffles.tv/Load-Chuunibyou-demo-Koi-ga-Shitai-Episode-1-English-Subbed-1248

This show currently has my favorite ending in any anime. Anyone who tries to tell me it doesn't end after 12 episodes will wake up underwater.

CODE GEASS is a close second.

Haven't seen that as of yet, maybe it's time to see what all the hype is about. I agree on Code Geass, though.

ErwinJA said:

As for others with satisfying endings:
Chrno Crusade. Despite all the things I could have wanted that weren't, I honestly can't think of a better ending. Any happy ending would have to have been an asspull anyway.

ARIA the Origination. A fitting end to one of my favorite franchises. It was beautiful, and no loose ends like the Natural.

Carnival Phantasm. All it did was leaving me wanting more.

Giant Robo. A fitting end to a spectacular series.

Baccano! (TV ending, not the OVA). An interesting ride left on a high note. Especially because Isaac and Miriya are so awesome.

Ixion Saga DT. A fun, but not spectacular, series. However, the epilogue was so perfect I have to mention it.

Kara no Kyoukai. Again, a satisfying conclusion to an excellent series.

Starship Operators. Mediocre series outside of the space combat and reality tv angle, but it actually had a down-to-earth ending that ran contrary to the tropes.

Utawarerumono. Mainly because Kimigatame is such a wonderful song.

Chrono Crusade... I remember being pretty interested in watching that series when I was in my earlier stages of anime watching (I think I saw it as a rec on another site, not too sure which one) but I just didn't follow through. Thanks for the reminder :)

I've only seen Aria the Animation, which was good, but I've heard it only gets better. I'll definitely have to be in a certain mood for it though, but I'll get around to the other two seasons and the OVA soon enough.

I agree with Kara no Kyoukai however, and yes, Carnival Phantasm just left me wanting sooo much more. Man, how I loved that show. Speaking of Baccano, I liked the series a lot but I think it's about time I rewatched it. There were definitely some parts where I was left in the dark, which probalby hindered my enjoyment. A rewatch should fix that...

Thanks for the other recs, by the way, especially Giant Robo. I've seen it mentioned in many places but looking it up now, it looks bada$$.
Sep 21, 2014 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
Code Geass
Steins;Gate
ef: A Tale of Melodies
Madoka Magica Rebellion
Recommend me an anime
Sep 21, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2011
adrianojones said:
I've yet to see Trust & Betrayal (because I haven't seen Rurouni Kenshin) and I've yet to see Five Leaves as well, but I've heard good things :)

I think you can watch Trust and Betrayal on its own. I know, it's better if you have at least a knowledge of the whole series, but since it's actually a stand-alone story (not too much related to the anime, unless you read the manga), I think you can treat T&B as a movie instead of an anime OVA. You know, like those of Ghibli's or Shinkai's or Hosoda's.

That's what I thought tho'. I wonder if everyone else feels the same. ;)

My personal favorite ending actually came from Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki.
abiranzSep 21, 2014 4:37 PM
Sep 21, 2014 11:37 AM

Apr 2014
CODE GEASS ALL THE WAY
and then Elfen Lied and Guilty Crown. Best endings out there.
if you run you get faster to your location

have a nice day
- FALL3RE
Sep 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Sep 2012
Code Geass
FMA: Brotherhood
Madoka Magica

i think that this were the best endings that i've ever seen in anime
Sep 21, 2014 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
The ending of katanagatari was good.
Sep 21, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2014
Well I watched the Death Note special so it concluded what happened to Light and the KLK special concluded KLK well.
Sep 21, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2014
i liked gosicks ending
pretty much nothing was left unanswered and it ended pretty well
Sep 21, 2014 6:13 PM
Feb 2014
Cowboy Bebop
EF - a tale of memories
Kobato
Itazura na Kiss
Emma
Katanagatari
Sep 21, 2014 6:36 PM

Aug 2013
Code Geass
Mirai Nikki
First season of High School DxD
Sep 21, 2014 6:44 PM

Dec 2013
abiranz said:
adrianojones said:
I've yet to see Trust & Betrayal (because I haven't seen Rurouni Kenshin) and I've yet to see Five Leaves as well, but I've heard good things :)

I think you can watch Trust and Betrayal on its own. I know, it's better if you have at least a knowledge of the whole series, but since it's actually a stand-alone story (not too much related to the anime, unless you read the manga), I think you can treat T&B as a movie instead of an anime OVA.

This. The series is a joke compared to the OVAs.

Another one that had a good ending:

Bakemonogatari--Too bad Senjo wasn't in 3/4 of the series...

silversaint said:
Tsumiki no Ie

Give this guy a medal.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
40 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - Apr 19

21 by radrocket »»
2 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

66 by SakuraCosmos »»
2 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 4 hours ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
3 hours ago

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 7 hours ago

1 by Knighty_IX »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.