Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2009 12:03 PM
Aug 2007
Everyone has a fave chapter that they think is and was the most important read that made them Claymore fans.

Of course there are the storylines such as the War in the North or The Invasion of Pieta', which is difficult to narrow down to one chapter.

Just wonderin if there was the storyline or chapter that got any of our readers here hooked on Claymore. Some good examples..

TERESA OF THE FAINT SMILE (Chapter 12-17): the introduction of the legendary Teresa and chibi Clare
THE SLASHERS (chapter 25-30): The first meeting between the original 4
FIT FOR BATTLE (CHAPTER 37-41): Clare re-"armed" (no pun) for battle against crazy Ophelia
WAR IN THE NORTH( chapter 50-56): the reunion of the Slashers'
extra Scene 1: The Teresa back-chapter.

If I missed something, please add..
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 29, 2009 1:16 PM
Nov 2008
It might be too early to make a thread like this. A thread like this isn't usually made until the end of the series.

I don't think I have a favourite arc yet, I would like to see the rest of the story before I can say which is my favourite.
Oct 29, 2009 4:31 PM
Jul 2009
Darkwing. We know it's ongoing but for now, I think we've made up our minds on what chapter that got us addicted to Claymore.

Simple: Chapter 67 (Joined By Souls).for now...

What Miria did what most us are thinking.

Telling Clare to shut up about Raki and getting into a girlfight about it.

Well actually a swordfight but that was the now-legendary issue where everyone was sick and tired of Clare and her Raki talk, and Miria just had it.;)

Ok seriously, the Slayers storyline and chapter 50 where Helen accepted Clare instead of her rude behavior in Chapter 25 comes to mind for now.
Oct 29, 2009 6:52 PM
Jul 2009
riotgirl said:
Darkwing. We know it's ongoing but for now, I think we've made up our minds on what chapter that got us addicted to Claymore.

Simple: Chapter 67 (Joined By Souls).for now...

What Miria did what most us are thinking.

Telling Clare to shut up about Raki and getting into a girlfight about it.

Well actually a swordfight but that was the now-legendary issue where everyone was sick and tired of Clare and her Raki talk, and Miria just had it.;)

Ok seriously, the Slayers storyline and chapter 50 where Helen accepted Clare instead of her rude behavior in Chapter 25 comes to mind for now.

Right at the top of my head, it would be THE WITCH'S MAW. The first glimpse of the beauty queen Galatea and the introduction of the most conniving abyssal of them all, Riful.

The single most chapter with the impact on the series at the present time, would be Chapter 66, whereit's finally revealed what happened in Pieta. probably IMO.

LOL. I had to actual read Chapter 67 and you're right, Miria had it with the Raki talk. Dont forget this is the 1st time we see them in their new, short unis ;0
Oct 30, 2009 3:36 PM
Aug 2007
Maybe I shouldve also added the "most underappreciated" chapter or category: Clare's little adventure at Rabona with Raki.
Oct 31, 2009 12:38 PM
Jul 2009
That Rabona adventure did not impact the series as we expected but I cannot ignore the fact that Raki saved Clare from transforming.

Maybe I should have added the importance or the underappreciated War in the North.
Nov 1, 2009 2:18 PM
Jul 2009
Nah. then Hollywood will make the topic sound confusing but u are free to start one yourself if you;d like :)
Chapter or storyline seems simple enough to understand. Obviously as the series moves forward, there will be some chapters that will probably be memorable but the past 75 chapters can hold the story on their own.
Nov 3, 2009 12:05 AM
Aug 2007
From chapters 1 until 25, which was more important: Teresa storyline or the Slayers?
Nov 3, 2009 7:29 PM
Jul 2009
hollywood said:
From chapters 1 until 25, which was more important: Teresa storyline or the Slayers?

Teresa. IMHO. The Slayers storyline came from the Teresa story in the first place and anything that surrounds the birth of Priscilla from which she will forever be Clare's enemy is hard to compete with.
Nov 4, 2009 6:13 PM
Jul 2009
jackdaniels said:
hollywood said:

Teresa. IMHO. The Slayers storyline came from the Teresa story in the first place and anything that surrounds the birth of Priscilla from which she will forever be Clare's enemy is hard to compete with.

Anything that starts and ends from Teresa far outweighs the Slayers story of Chapter 25. It's actually 10 chapters which is the longest storyline that I know aside from the Pieta series.
Nov 7, 2009 2:16 PM
Jul 2009
Makes one wish for the return of the Queen doesnt it? I think that Teresa will come back eventually, but I'm not sos ure that Teresa will be resurrected. Think DC and Marvel when they kill off the the popular characters and 2 years later the "return". So one just wastes the $$ to buy the comics in the 1st place.

Maybe chapter 100 will show her beating Priscilla in some way but I'm just throwing that in...
Nov 7, 2009 9:28 PM
Aug 2007
jackdaniels said:
Makes one wish for the return of the Queen doesnt it? I think that Teresa will come back eventually, but I'm not sos ure that Teresa will be resurrected. Think DC and Marvel when they kill off the the popular characters and 2 years later the "return". So one just wastes the $$ to buy the comics in the 1st place.

Maybe chapter 100 will show her beating Priscilla in some way but I'm just throwing that in...

Been thinking about Chapter 100 as well. Let's wait and pray for something big to happen.

Chapter 50 moved the Claymore to legend status with the start of the Pieta storyline, if I recall.
Nov 8, 2009 2:23 PM
Jul 2009
Every 25th chapter is like a new story to be told. 25th had the Slayer intro, 50 had the Pieta intro and 75, well :) I've got a good hunch that there's something big about to happen.
Nov 8, 2009 5:57 PM
Jul 2009
Wow, the revival of Teresa in chapter 100?? I'm definitely gonna wait for that. Now stop teasing because it might happen.
Nov 9, 2009 7:11 PM
Jul 2009
Sure, it might happen. I can also put in the possibility that the 7 will ADD another member (one will die) OR Riful finally dies with Alicia and Beth replacing her as the new Abyssal.
Nov 9, 2009 11:13 PM
Aug 2007
jackdaniels said:
Sure, it might happen. I can also put in the possibility that the 7 will ADD another member (one will die) OR Riful finally dies with Alicia and Beth replacing her as the new Abyssal.

True. GMTA. I'm tired of Riful sounding she has the situation under control then her plans just dont go her way.

I have a bad feeling that Riful will lose half her powers and join the 7. Alicia if she comes out the current chapter NOT awakened would be a great asset. She's hot too. There should be a spinoff of Claymore with just Miria, Alicia, Helen and Cynthia. The "new Slayers".
Nov 10, 2009 7:18 PM
Jul 2009
heh. So it was also you that mentioned the spin-off with Miria. Get that chick her own series. Miria rocks. Just add Galatea as the "spiritual" buddy to Miria's journey of revenge.
Nov 12, 2009 9:30 PM
Jul 2009
Oh cool. Miria should have her own story. I guess keeping up and looking after Clare's own adventures is too much a task for Mighty Miria. Mira, galatea, ya know, the good looking girls should have their series. Add Clarice and Miata because they both dont have a brain teehee.
Nov 12, 2009 11:44 PM
Aug 2007
Gee, I actually forgot what I posted in the first place LOL. Teresa beats Slayers as I thought.
Nov 13, 2009 1:35 PM
Jul 2009
I change my mind. (Well, I'm a gal but not blonde). The Slayers storyline seems a bit better the more times you read it. Longer than Teresa-Prissy. Maybe its probably I didn't like the way Prissy CHEATED in the fight against her. It wasn't a power vs power, equal fight.

Then again it's Teresa's fault for falling for that crap. So basically what I;m saying is that this is all CLARE'S FAULT for turning Teresa into a softy.
Nov 14, 2009 2:12 PM
Jul 2009
Of course it's Clare's fault. That's why she became a Claymore in the first place.

Due to Guilt, not because of revenge.
Nov 16, 2009 11:29 PM
Aug 2007
Of course. Ive said it all along. Clare became a Claymore due to guilt.

Same reason why Raki got stronger. Guilt of not helping out Clare and Clare did not help Teresa. Actually, it's 'was not able to help because they're weak" would be the exact reason.
Nov 19, 2009 7:17 PM
Jul 2009
Thats why Raki got stronger, pris got hungrier and Miria got sexier. Well, forget the last part, I've been thinking a lot about Miria lately.
Nov 19, 2009 9:48 PM
Jul 2009
Well, Ive been thinking about Raki lately.......

How will this brat die? Hmmmm
Nov 20, 2009 12:36 AM
Aug 2007
riotgirl said:

very painfully I suppose :) Maybe I should lighten up and see those 2 get together. I wished Miria had a human lover as well. Makes me think..do these Claymores feel more than revenge?
hollywoodNov 20, 2009 12:55 AM
Nov 20, 2009 8:50 PM
Jul 2009
hollywood said:
riotgirl said:

very painfully I suppose :) Maybe I should lighten up and see those 2 get together. I wished Miria had a human lover as well. Makes me think..do these Claymores feel more than revenge?

That's sweet Holly. Miria should have a human BF. More manly than Raki of course. Miria in my eyes, is hiding a deep feeling of loneliness. It's girl thing, boys so dont laugh.
Nov 21, 2009 5:19 PM
Jul 2009
sorry RG, I'm already laughing. But nothing personal, I always trusted a girl's intuition...except Clare's.
Nov 22, 2009 2:23 AM

Mar 2009
riotgirl said:

priscilla should just hurry up and eat his guts even though i have a bad feeling with the way the mangas going that their going to turn raki into a claymore oh god i hope not just kill him already nobody likes him
Nov 24, 2009 7:13 PM
Jul 2009
nothing956 said:
riotgirl said:

priscilla should just hurry up and eat his guts even though i have a bad feeling with the way the mangas going that their going to turn raki into a claymore oh god i hope not just kill him already nobody likes him

LOL welcome to the club. thanks for the honesty but I doubt Yagi-san would make Raki into a Claymore. he'll be hated more than he is right now. How much hatred can a manga character get than Raki?
Nov 24, 2009 11:40 PM
Aug 2007
maybe I should copy and paste my posts next time ROFL. I just naswered on the other thread that Raki wont be turned into a Claymore. I know, I know, we all wish he could just go away but we're stuck with him but at least make our month by making him suffer from an Org experiment or something.
Nov 25, 2009 7:12 PM
Jul 2009
hollywood said:
maybe I should copy and paste my posts next time ROFL. I just naswered on the other thread that Raki wont be turned into a Claymore. I know, I know, we all wish he could just go away but we're stuck with him but at least make our month by making him suffer from an Org experiment or something.

So you dont like the Rabona storyline where he saves Clare by crying and yelling into her ear NOT to awaken?
Nov 27, 2009 8:17 PM
Jul 2009
Gosh guys, are we heading back to this subject? Raki, well I am praying he will be tortured by the Org guy for experimentation but he'll will NOT be turned into a Claymore.

I am though surprised that those demon missiles on his flesh have not turned him into a monster yet, so there is something strange going on.
Nov 27, 2009 11:12 PM
Aug 2007
jackdaniels said:

So you dont like the Rabona storyline where he saves Clare by crying and yelling into her ear NOT to awaken?

Raki yelling into Clare's ear was NECESSARY for the storyline to unfold. Clare is the weakest emtoionally amongst the 7 (well, with Uma she's tied) . If it wasnt for Raki, Clare would be an Abyssal by now.

yes, I said Abyssal. Clare's power is unlimited based on what we have read so far. Sky's the limit. Would she beat Priscilla in a duel back then? No. Now? No, but it should be close specially when Pris has been weakened from not eating.
Nov 28, 2009 3:14 PM
Jul 2009
Well, didnt Priscilla just eat the entire village? No way now that Clare could match up to her. Everytime an Abyssal gets older they most probably get stronger. cant say the same thang for Riful thugh.
Nov 30, 2009 4:23 PM

Sep 2007
jackdaniels said:
Well, didnt Priscilla just eat the entire village? No way now that Clare could match up to her. Everytime an Abyssal gets older they most probably get stronger. cant say the same thang for Riful thugh.

yeah it seems like she did, because she grew since last we saw her.

I think my favourite arc so far is the Northern War arc. four reasons:
1. No Raki
2. I get to see Deneve, Miria, Clare, and Jean all at once. XD
3. Half-awaken Clare and her fight with Rigardo was very satisfying (it kept me at the edge of my seat).
4. I really liked to hopelessness that permeated the whole arc.
Nov 30, 2009 4:27 PM
Jul 2009
soaring_wings said:
jackdaniels said:

yeah it seems like she did, because she grew since last we saw her.

I think my favourite arc so far is the Northern War arc. four reasons:
1. No Raki
2. I get to see Deneve, Miria, Clare, and Jean all at once. XD
3. Half-awaken Clare and her fight with Rigardo was very satisfying (it kept me at the edge of my seat).
4. I really liked to hopelessness that permeated the whole arc.

You are correct on the hopelessness angle of the storyline Northern War'. No Raki and fans seem to overlook this:

That bitchy Helen from the Slayers storyline who originally teased Clare for having Raki now thinks of Clare as her BFF.
Nov 30, 2009 11:50 PM
Aug 2007
Yeah, it was a change of heart on Helen's side, wasn't it? I liked the "Hey Clare where's that boy to keep you warm at night" jokes in the Slayers series.
Dec 1, 2009 7:18 PM
Jul 2009
hollywood said:
Yeah, it was a change of heart on Helen's side, wasn't it? I liked the "Hey Clare where's that boy to keep you warm at night" jokes in the Slayers series.

I missed that exchange. When Helen gets on your nerves, she really does it to piss you off. Deneve must really have a lot of patience to put up with her antics.
Dec 1, 2009 11:47 PM
Aug 2007
jackdaniels said:
hollywood said:

I missed that exchange. When Helen gets on your nerves, she really does it to piss you off. Deneve must really have a lot of patience to put up with her antics.

Those 2 should have had their EXTRA SCENE story. Remember those extra scenes about nothing when the author went on a "break" (How do you call it a break when he wrote the extra scenes)? It wouldve made a good story on how those 2 originally met.
Dec 2, 2009 4:46 PM
Jul 2009
Is the extra scene a storyline or series? LOL I dont want to deviate from the title of the thread. The only scene out of the 4 that I truly liked was the Teresa story.

Nice to see the Queen do her thing before Clare made her into an emotionally weakened number 1 and allowed Pris to cheat her way into winning that fight.
Dec 3, 2009 10:32 AM
Aug 2007
jackdaniels said:
Is the extra scene a storyline or series? LOL I dont want to deviate from the title of the thread. The only scene out of the 4 that I truly liked was the Teresa story.

Nice to see the Queen do her thing before Clare made her into an emotionally weakened number 1 and allowed Pris to cheat her way into winning that fight.

CHEAT? I'll be careful with that. Well, in hindsight Teresa let her guard down. Then again, Pris faked her way into weakness tricking Teresa so it's a toss up. Teresa should have beat her senseless and killed her. Freakin Clare grrrr..
Dec 3, 2009 7:16 PM
Jul 2009
Pris faked her weakness, which allowed her to make the killing blow against Teresa. Teresa just got softer thanks to Clare I completely agree.

But the defensive move onus was on Teresa. This is what you get when you turn your back on your enemy. Yeah, Clare sissy-fied Teresa, that little runt.

and when are you going down to the general forum Holly?
Dec 3, 2009 8:50 PM
Jul 2009
I hated that storyline: the Hunt for Teresa? Absolutely depressing ending. Not only was the ending the death of the most loved Claymore of them all, Clare holds her head until she meets Rubel (?).

Just imagine if Ophelia was in Clare's place: "ya know what Terry, that b*tch will get stronger and be better than you, kill her now babe and let's get some ice cream".
Dec 3, 2009 11:21 PM
Aug 2007
riotgirl said:
I hated that storyline: the Hunt for Teresa? Absolutely depressing ending. Not only was the ending the death of the most loved Claymore of them all, Clare holds her head until she meets Rubel (?).

Just imagine if Ophelia was in Clare's place: "ya know what Terry, that b*tch will get stronger and be better than you, kill her now babe and let's get some ice cream".

LOL! And the world of Claymore would be better...

No Clare, no Raki. Just krazy Ophelia calling the shots. Claymore is already a screwed up story so what's the harm?
Dec 5, 2009 2:16 PM
Jul 2009
The author is clearly killing off the old characters like the Twins in order to make room for the new ones.

My prediction is that Riful has no choice but to make a pact with the 7.
Dec 5, 2009 9:21 PM
Aug 2007
jackdaniels said:
The author is clearly killing off the old characters like the Twins in order to make room for the new ones.

My prediction is that Riful has no choice but to make a pact with the 7.

Looks like it. Has anyone of Riful's plans ever work? She thinks she's smart but she's not.
Dec 6, 2009 3:11 PM
Jul 2009
Especially if little Miss "I know everything, let me take a Claymore hostage" goes into her idiotic plans and never comes through in the end. Pathetic.
Dec 6, 2009 5:29 PM
Jul 2009
jackdaniels said:
Especially if little Miss "I know everything, let me take a Claymore hostage" goes into her idiotic plans and never comes through in the end. Pathetic.

Someone mentioned it's part of "the plan" for Riful to survive. I remember the Joker saying that in "Dark Knight" and look what happened.
Dec 7, 2009 7:17 PM
Jul 2009
It's poiting towards the direction of Riful making an agreement with the other 7.
Dec 8, 2009 11:44 PM
Aug 2007
She's weakened. I'm not sure if she'll stay weak as an Abyssal but she joins up with the 7 would be interesting to read. It wont happen because Duph's there..
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Whats under the Claymore's Clothing? (Not perverted)

CrimsonReaper - Mar 24, 2010

37 by uranimemom »»
Feb 19, 2022 12:21 AM

» Discuss Everything You Hate About Raki ( 1 2 )

MechaMaddness - Aug 11, 2009

51 by Spirit_Tree »»
Nov 13, 2020 10:30 PM

» Is Helen underrated ?

Yugao_ - Aug 23, 2019

2 by SunWukung »»
Nov 3, 2019 6:03 PM

» New Teresa figure

BTrinidad01 - Jan 2, 2019

2 by MoFried »»
Apr 5, 2019 5:15 PM

» Favorite Claymore ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

eppyomega - Jul 26, 2007

305 by BTrinidad01 »»
Dec 29, 2018 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.