Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 22, 2014 6:04 AM
Oct 2013
Khadi said:
mbdsquad said:
The episode itself is fantastic. Overall, the anime is good at best.

If you didn't read the manga? Yeah, it's good. But if you read the last episode was piece of shit, and the whole series overall average. They skipped like 40% of events and action, that was happening in manga, and they even changed some events fabulary. Just what the fuck?

Below - how his hear really turned white, manga version, not the shitty anime reworked one.

The last episode is great by itself and in its own rights. The only reason people think it's a piece of shit is because it's the last episode. If it wasn't, then this is probably one of the best.

If you're also reading, I've already said the same point. And yeah, I'm one of those people bitching how the anime suck overall. You're arguing to the wrong person.
Sep 24, 2014 12:55 PM
Dec 2010
Funny, IMHO aside from usual cliffhanger, the ending was probably best thing on this series. I mean He finally stopped crying over every nonsense and became bad-ass. He even got all things sorted in his head. It's perfect starting point for another series, thou it wont ever come out which is another matter.

Read that they are not. check other topics in this forum i think someone has mentioned that
greenmartySep 24, 2014 12:58 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 24, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2012
greenmarty said:
Funny, IMHO aside from usual cliffhanger, the ending was probably best thing on this series. I mean He finally stopped crying over every nonsense and became bad-ass. He even got all things sorted in his head. It's perfect starting point for another series, thou it wont ever come out which is another matter.

Read that they are not. check other topics in this forum i think someone has mentioned that

100% agree with your post. I loved the ending. A lot of tv shows do this, the end of a season is usually a cliffhanger so I don't see why so many people are complaining. If a second season never comes out then that's just a mistake of their part, I think they could make a lot of money from a season 2 of this show.
Sep 24, 2014 1:43 PM
Sep 2011
I realised something while reading all these comments:

Those who liked the episodes 1-11, absolutely despised the ending...and those who liked the ending, thought the rest of the anime was boring...

I'm upset about the ending of the anime...they showed his problem with "Do I belong to the human or the ghoul world" all the time and then suddenly it's like the prdoucers of the anime thought: Oh f* it, let's just make him a ghoul and go crazy...

If he was this crazy from the beginning I would have watched it (the same if it was the other way around and he maybe got stronger or similar things) because it started like this but now??? Suddenly at the ending??? Seriously?? Kinda destroys the whole anime story...
Sep 24, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
To me, every single episode was shit except for the last one

Kaneki was a pussy the whole season, and right at the end he's looking like somewhat of a badass, but that was only a few scenes
FeelSideSep 24, 2014 1:49 PM
lol
Sep 24, 2014 4:48 PM

Jun 2011
I found the anime overall to be quite enjoyable. It lagged in some areas though.

What really pissed me off the most was how they introduced a bunch of subplots into A 12 EPISODE ANIME!! WHAT THE ACTUAL F@#K???!! That is why the ending was so terrible. It left too many things unanswered. I think if they added one more episode it could have worked. They could have rushed the ending and tied up loose ends like they always do for these short animes. At least then some of the subplots could have been resolved.

After I finished watching I immediately looked to see if a 2nd season was in the works, and there was for a January 2015 release. However, it seems that it has been delisted and is now unconfirmed. This makes the last episode now even worse. Might have to read the manga. If only to find out what happens with Kaneki.
Sep 24, 2014 5:13 PM

Jun 2009
Good series, lot of potential to see some real bad ass shit from Kaneki. BUT, the ending of this episode pisses me off in that I now have to wait for a season 2 with a huge development sitting in my lap. IF there is a season 2. Given what episode 12 was about, this should have been a 26 ep series or have a concrete second season that is announced at the end of the episode. Since we have neither, we have to wait indefinitely to find out if this will even be continued. Sadly, an anime's popularity is not calculated by ratings/sales outside of Japan. This was a niche series to begin with so it is unlikely that it will see the ratings and sales in Japan to justify a second season.
Sep 24, 2014 7:55 PM

Nov 2013
The ending is shit on it's own but if it gets a second season, then it would be better. *cough* *cough* Deadman Wonderland

Sep 25, 2014 8:35 AM

Sep 2011
ChaoticSilence said:
The ending is shit on it's own but if it gets a second season, then it would be better. *cough* *cough* Deadman Wonderland

It probably will get a second season. Unlike Deadman Wonderland this anime was an overall success, it's been selling pretty well from what I've seen. Deadman Wonderland did horribly that's why it never got a second season.
Sep 25, 2014 4:32 PM

Sep 2014
^ lets hope your right because if not then tokyo ghoul will leave with one of the most shittiest and open endings in awhile pray to god that there is i want more mr white haired badass :D
Sep 25, 2014 9:49 PM

May 2008
Yeah. The anime started very solid but then the quality dropped after the fourth or fifth episode. The ending is really stupid and unsatisfying. I hate how they rushed everything within the last three episodes but then they dedicate a whole episode for a boring torture!
Sep 26, 2014 4:32 AM

Apr 2011
Not pissed but wish it wasnt rushed then it would have been better.
Sep 26, 2014 8:34 AM
May 2014
I personally enjoyed the last episode a LOT. I read the manga somewhere around episode 4 or 5 (I think), so that's why.
Do you ever read a manga and think "Wow this is great!" and it gets animated so badly that you're just thinking "Oh no they're ruining this awesome manga someone stop them"?
Or the other way around: You watch an anime, you liked it and decide to read the manga as well. While reading you realize that the anime left out or changed or presented certain scenes wrong a lot, which leaves you beginning to dislike the animated version more and more.
Well, I got both of that from the TG anime. I was extremely disappointed how the story got mixed up and rushed, trying to cram 66 chapters into 12 episodes while the character development happening in the manga was completely ignored. At some point I just gave up hoping it would get better.
And then episode 12 happened. I enjoyed that episode so much (Well, I was sobbing and crying baby nooo during most of it but that's another thing). For what seemed like the first time, the anime actually showed what was supposed to be happening without changing it at all (if you ignore the fact that Kaneki's hair actually turned white BEFORE that whole scene with Rize). It followed the manga. That's what made it so enjoyable for me. There's also that thing they did with the flowers that was pretty neat looking. I liked that too.
Still, even considering how good the last episode was, leaving out too much and leaving the characters without character development made it seem kinda weird, and I guess look like a bad ending, for the people not having read the manga before.

tl;dr: I think the last episode was good because it was very close to the manga unlike the disappointing rest of the anime, though it probably might seem bad to people who haven't read the manga.

Let's just hope they won't fuck up season 2 as much as they did this one...
Sep 26, 2014 9:02 AM

Jan 2014
I'm alright with the ending. I wasn't expecting anything since it was just incomplete manga adaptation. Oh, probably just wanting to see the white haired protagonist, that's all. Was satisfied since I got to see him in fight.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.