Forums
New
Sep 18, 2014 2:41 PM
Sep 18, 2014 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
Well he either tells us :
a) to reread the manga for answers
b) a sequel will come
I think there will be a sequel, because he is telling us to wait... if the manga is done what should we wait for?(if there was a completly different manga, i doubt he would be unable to say) .
So let's wait for 11 october and see what it brings us.
Oh, and i think he is a really nice guy and not a troll like most think :P.
Sep 18, 2014 2:59 PM

Oct 2013
Arcanix said:
b) a sequel will come
I think there will be a sequel, because he is telling us to wait... if the manga is done what should we wait for?(if there was a completly different manga, i doubt he would be unable to say) .

Exactly, I'm now 99% sure we will get a sequel, it sounds like he wants to change his magazine.
Sep 18, 2014 3:02 PM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:
Arcanix said:
b) a sequel will come

Exactly, I'm now 99% sure we will get a sequel, it sounds like he wants to change his magazine.

How did you come to that conclusion?
Sep 18, 2014 3:06 PM

Jul 2014
keragamming said:

I actually don't really think he wants to change his magazine, i really think this was done so just for shock value. If you look at it, the amount of fans that will come in reading the sequel will be alot greater then the fans(if any) that will just drop the manga because of this ending. This all could be made just for raising the popularity of the manga, because there are news about Tokyo ghoul everywhere, people starting to read it just to see what's all the "fuss" about.
From what he said and the amount of interactions he has with his fans, he doesn't seem like a guy who doesn't give a shit about his work(doing it all just for money), he takes(and rightfully so) pride in his work.

Sep 18, 2014 3:07 PM

Oct 2013
Cause he said the mag will stop publishing tg.

He asked us to wait.

HYPE
Sep 18, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2014
FrozenRemains said:

I think that was just his way of saying that there won't be any more TG chapter in the YJ for now as the manga obviously concluded.
He also added at the end to look out for a possible announcement to be made on the official website and in the Young Jump magazine, which wouldn't be an option if they were no longer publishing TG or any possible sequel.

Not that it really matters anyway. Just wondering where people took this from.
Sep 18, 2014 3:42 PM

Oct 2013
BeatzMe said:
FrozenRemains said:

I think that was just his way of saying that there won't be any more TG chapter in the YJ for now as the manga obviously concluded.
He also added at the end to look out for a possible announcement to be made on the official website and in the Young Jump magazine, which wouldn't be an option if they were no longer publishing TG or any possible sequel.

Not that it really matters anyway. Just wondering where people took this from.

I dunno,maybe hes gonna make a last announcement on yj and swap,i dont know how that stuff works.
Whatever
hop on the HYPE wagon with me.
Sep 18, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2010
Arcanix said:
I really think this was done so just for shock value.

It's true it'd be super lame if he just goes ahead and feeds the crowd what they want. He'll probably drop some sort of bomb on the 11th. Though my intuition tells me he'd probably announce a sequel to the anime seeing how it ended.

The people in this fandom will die from the intense suspense.
Sep 18, 2014 6:17 PM

Sep 2014
If the translation is accurate (and I've seen a couple thrown around today) then it definitely sounds like he's hinting at a sequel. "these questions remain as is, and will only be answered through the manga, I hope you understand." That pretty much sounds like he has more story in the works, unless he is just saying go back in look for answers in the manga. That wouldn't really make sense since as far as we can tell, there are tons of unanswered things in the story, even with all the little hints dropped in the manga. Here's hoping for an announcement soon :)
Sep 18, 2014 9:18 PM

Dec 2013
It pretty much sounds like he's not legally allow to make any sort of teaser, since the teaser itself will be on October 11th, as his contract probably orders so.

He's got to respect hsi contract otherwise hsi pockets are gonna bleed, nobody likes that =P
Sep 18, 2014 11:44 PM

May 2013
where did people get October 11 from?
Sep 19, 2014 2:21 AM

Jun 2013
Well, if there is a sequel, I will wait of course. Still, this was just too fast. He could have at least let us have a bit more information, not about characters, but about reasons for stopping it now (I might have not understood what he wrote) and plans for continuation. This also doesn't change the fact that he created masterpiece. One is for certain though, he is mangaka with big balls. Every time I saw a drastic change of this level, it did not end up well. If he decides to kill off Kaneki and Amon, I have no idea how he can recover, and moreover, I think there is no way he can recover. Still, I also saw how good his story is, so it still might be possible that he can pull off something which will overshadow my ways of thinking, which is pretty hard (Not that I am arrogant to think that I am so smart and important, I just have high standards when it comes to endings in general and Tokyo Ghoul is something I want to have proper closure).
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 19, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2010
I read that translation ,too. I hope it is accurate.
Because it really sounds like there will be a MANGA sequel. It woul make zero sense if he announces a anime sequel when he talks about the manga the whole time.
I loved Tokyo Ghoul. But this ending is just too open for me... I really want a continuation like.. everyone xD
Sep 20, 2014 12:19 AM

Jul 2013
FrozenRemains said:

He asked us to wait.

HYPE

I'm trying not to get too excited. I know he's a really nice guy but if he ends up just announcing a second season for the anime I'd probably go on a centipede rampage myself....
Sep 20, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
GinMagi said:

I'm confused about that myself...everyone keeps saying Oct 11...I think I missed something :S
Sep 20, 2014 12:55 AM
Aug 2011
MuggleBorn said:
GinMagi said:

I'm confused about that myself...everyone keeps saying Oct 11...I think I missed something :S

http://youngjump.jp/tokyoghoul/event/
Sep 20, 2014 2:10 AM

Jul 2013
parfaited said:
MuggleBorn said:

http://youngjump.jp/tokyoghoul/event/

oh wow didn't know that...thanks!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite girl?

zero00guard - Apr 3

18 by DylP1ckl3n »»
Apr 6, 8:26 PM

» Is there any pedophilia/sexual assault in the books?

Saiunknown - Mar 25

19 by Sturdies »»
Mar 28, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2012

39 by hakuxweeb »»
Mar 26, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 58 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2014

19 by angelqie »»
Mar 21, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

20 by SirFries »»
Mar 5, 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.