Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2011
> The identity of the three titans, wasn't really hinted at. It just became obvious due to how similar they look, except maybe for the Cloosoal titan.

> Never asks for the foreshadowing of the three titans because of how obvious it was.

> wasn't really hinted at.
> obvious it was.

> Confused
Sep 19, 2014 9:14 AM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:

Sigh. You should have read the second reply to Kera, instead of posting that image.

And since you are too lazy or can't comprehend that

tsudecimo said:

Sep 19, 2014 9:25 AM

Jul 2011
Both posts contradict each other.

-> The identity of the three titans, wasn't really hinted at.
-> while the identity of the three titans were obvious

Both post said the opposite
PralandSep 19, 2014 9:38 AM
Sep 19, 2014 9:38 AM

Jan 2012
It's the kind of thing I probably see more of in shows than is actually there...if that makes sense. I don't really have a problem with it, nor do I think it's the greatest thing ever.
Sep 19, 2014 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
SetsukoHara said:
tsudecimo said:
With the romangia quote, I was referring to

AOT spoilers:

@tsudecimo

Look at the chapter 42 thread or any other on the web, and tell me how obvious you think it was. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=558557 most people thought it was asspull but when they read back the chapter they saw the hints it w also wasn't obvious for me, since I was shock at the reveal as well. It was a very small few people that predicted the identity. I was just putting it out there that it was obvious to you, but the majority didn't think that.

Ok about titan eren.

keragammingSep 19, 2014 10:35 AM
Sep 19, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
It's overdone.
Some shows more than others.
But overdone.

And everyone recognizes foreshadow nowadays because we're so familiar with it.
Sep 19, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2014
Very subtle foreshadowing done properly will actually make you look back and say, 'oh that was clever of the author' and makes one actually think that they need to pay closer attention to what they are watching to get more clues and hints. I think I was really great at finding out these little tid bits as an avid reader. But many people I've talked to online have blown me away with things I didn't notice or piece together while reading. To take a more known series I thought I caught everything in GoT / Malazan but apparently I hadn't!

But having a character mention something like, "The Islands of the dead are a place no man dares set foot on". And then like 300 chapters later they go to the island.. that's not clever foreshadowing that's just getting around to something mentioned earlier very directly.

Zergneedsfood said:
It always depends on the anime, how it's used, and in what capacity....

^
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?
Sep 19, 2014 11:14 AM

Jun 2014
Praland said:
> The identity of the three titans, wasn't really hinted at. It just became obvious due to how similar they look, except maybe for the Cloosoal titan.

> Never asks for the foreshadowing of the three titans because of how obvious it was.

> obvious it was.

> Confused

Yeah, it wasn't really foreshadowing, but rather direct hints dropped. Foreshadowing would be something like:

If this one chick smiled every time someone was about to die, and she smiled as the MC entered the door with his best friend, then we can infer that either he, or his best friend, will die.

Sep 19, 2014 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:

AOT spoilers:

How would you do it differently?

In a less overdramatic way. It would probably be less memorable, but it wouldn't leave a bad taste in my mouth after it happened.
Sep 19, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
Xari said:
Praland said:

> obvious it was.

> Confused

Yeah, it wasn't really foreshadowing, but rather direct hints dropped. Foreshadowing would be something like:

If this one chick smiled every time someone was about to die, and she smiled as the MC entered the door with his best friend, then we can infer that either he, or his best friend, will die.

Could you explain all this then http://imgur.com/AwyJ4Mk if it wasn't foreshadowed then?

@ SetsukoHara

are you saying the reveal was overdramatic wtf?
Sep 19, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
keragamming said:

@ SetsukoHara

AOT spoiler:
Sep 19, 2014 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
SetsukoHara said:
keragamming said:

@ SetsukoHara

AOT spoiler:

Sep 19, 2014 12:31 PM

Oct 2012
thats such a vague question. its cool when done right and when done in something where foreshadowing is fitting. like, it works in psychological or cerebral shows, where the show is more about a message than the actual literal plot and characters. In shows, or anything really, that are like that that are also done well, it can be incredible. but it's not really necessary in most shonens or anything where the story is more about people and plot than messages and themes. i prefer surprises for that type of stuff.
Sep 19, 2014 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
keragamming said:
Xari said:

Could you explain all this then http://imgur.com/AwyJ4Mk if it wasn't foreshadowed then?

@ SetsukoHara

I haven't read it, lol, so I really can't say. I was just going off of the Titan's appearances.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

69 by Kenzolo-folk »»
23 seconds ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - 20 minutes ago

4 by TheMangaManiac »»
26 seconds ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Yesterday

39 by Horizon248 »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

174 by Acctra »»
7 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

46 by LoveLikeBlood »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.