Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2014 1:59 PM
Oct 2010
I thought the ending was pretty good. Everyone is losing their minds and I only watched this for the crazy characters.
Sep 18, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2013
Quite an excellent trainwreck.
Good work Pierrot.
Sep 18, 2014 2:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Tyrel said:
Terribly rushed in every way possible throughout thick and thin. I wish I could throw this adaptation out the window of ever being made. 5/10 for me.

I find it pretty funny how they didn't even END the arc. They just sat there at the torture place for the whole goddamn episode. Well played, Perriot, trolling everyone.

Yeah, the pacing was just wtf. Super rushed until the last episode. I mean I liked it the last episode (well actually it felt a tad dragged out...), but I didn't expect it to just end there, and then it made me more angry because they can do a good job when they pace it right. If only the entire anime had been done similar to the last episode I would've really enjoyed it.

Anyways, good job Hanae Natsuki! Must've been kind of tough having to scream so much ><
Sep 18, 2014 2:04 PM

Sep 2013
meine-kun said:
Was pretty happy when white haired Kaneki finally appeared and fought Yamori... but... the part where they decided to end it...

I really thought that the perfect ending scene would be where:

but guess the pacing and the amount of episodes just didn't work out that way...

I agree. That would have been the PERFECT ending. That would have been the best cliffhanger.
Sep 18, 2014 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
This show went from being something I was just kind of watching but expected dick all from to surprisingly decent to ending on a note that pretty much returned it to what I expected to see out of the show in the first place. This show covers all ranges of the anime watching experience spectrum.

I had no intention of reading the manga anyway, but considering much of MAL seems to think it would be a good idea to read the manga and it's so much better that makes me even less interested. If there's one thing I've learned it's never to listen to the majority opinion on MAL, it's almost always in direct opposition to what I would consider a good idea or reflection.

Except in this case it's kinda true. The anime skipped too much and rushed everything. Though changing your mind is like finding a needle in the hay sack, it won't happen.
Sep 18, 2014 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
This series could have been so much better. The last 4 minutes of this anime is what the ENTIRE anime should have been. Instead, we got Kaneki crying like the pathetic boy he is. White-haired, black nailed, badass Kaneki would have made this series at least an 8 for me had it been the entire series. Unfortunately, the series failed. Not to mention, the censoring was beyond ridiculous. BEYOND ridiculous. I'm sorry, but what is so attractive about a black shadow going over everything colored red?

Sorry, I don't mean to completely trash the series, but honestly, i'm speaking the truth. If there is a second season, I feel like it couldn't be any worse. But for now, i'll pass on that.
Sep 18, 2014 2:06 PM
Aug 2014
Jared3318 said:
Scrolling through this thread and I see nothing but nerds complaining lol.
10/10

Where is your signature from? that anime looks EPIC
Sep 18, 2014 2:07 PM

Jun 2013
Ahh the white-haired, SSJ Kaneki finally appeared.
And sadistic Hana Kana was making sweet sweet love to my ears this episode :)

This adaptation was ruined by rushing, censoring (I blame Funimation for this), and not taking risks by changing the little things like Yamori killing a "man and woman in love" instead of

My final score is a generous 7/10.
If you have not read the manga I highly recommend it.
Sep 18, 2014 2:08 PM

Nov 2011
I liked it, them feels.
Also, it kinda left me with the impression that with these 12 episodes they needed a quick introduction to a season 2 which would be adapted with a bit more "patience"?
Just a hunch. Considering it ended just to the point where it gets interesting for real.
Sep 18, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2014
Episode was a 9/10. It was just awesome. But this shouldn't have been the ending.
your waifu is shit
Sep 18, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
This show went from being something I was just kind of watching but expected dick all from to surprisingly decent to ending on a note that pretty much returned it to what I expected to see out of the show in the first place. This show covers all ranges of the anime watching experience spectrum.

I had no intention of reading the manga anyway, but considering much of MAL seems to think it would be a good idea to read the manga and it's so much better that makes me even less interested. If there's one thing I've learned it's never to listen to the majority opinion on MAL, it's almost always in direct opposition to what I would consider a good idea or reflection.

Dojourei said:
Finally....FINALLY Kaneki decides to do something for himself and now he's become one of my favorite main characters.

And guess what now the shows over. How's that working out for you lol. It's funny because I totally knew people were going to have that reaction. OMG so badass, he sure shows that Jason guy for that minute and a half before the show ends, what a character.

Actually to be honest I enjoyed the characters struggle between his human and dark sides, but the way they ended that struggle on that note though was just so cheesy and so something MAL would think is cool that I couldn't help but laugh. I was like I can't wait to visit the thread just to see what people think of this. I mean he even has silver bishonen hair and is going to eat the guy and is all like "SAY THE NUMBER BITCH!". Truly the main character and savior MAL deserves.

Never will understand why you do stuff like this. Is it that fun to put yourself over a bunch of anonymous people on MAL?

Edit: Tyrel is right, though. The manga really was not adapted to it's full potential.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 18, 2014 2:09 PM

Nov 2013
Ridku said:
Jared3318 said:
10/10

Mahouka

Sep 18, 2014 2:10 PM
Oct 2010
Ridku said:
Jared3318 said:
10/10

It's Mahouka and that anime is far from epic.
Sep 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2013
I think we all can agree that this episode and ep 1 are the best episodes of this anime adaptation, which are the only two episodes that were actually directed by Morita Shuhei....

I would love to see him directing a full series anime, not just a few episodes for another Tokyo Ghoul adaptation or any other upcoming anime in the future.

Sep 18, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Dojourei said:
Finally....FINALLY Kaneki decides to do something for himself and now he's become one of my favorite main characters.

And guess what now the shows over. How's that working out for you lol. It's funny because I totally knew people were going to have that reaction. OMG so badass, he sure shows that Jason guy for that minute and a half before the show ends, what a character.

Actually to be honest I enjoyed the characters struggle between his human and dark sides, but the way they ended that struggle on that note though was just so cheesy and so something MAL would think is cool that I couldn't help but laugh. I was like I can't wait to visit the thread just to see what people think of this. I mean he even has silver bishonen hair and is going to eat the guy and is all like "SAY THE NUMBER BITCH!". Truly the main character and savior MAL deserves.

good bye
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 18, 2014 2:12 PM

Aug 2007
FrozenRemains said:
I dont understand the hate,its true that its inferior,but its not that bad as you make it to be.

The best parts of TG come after the Aogiri arc,and in the Aogiri arc,personally i feel even though they skipped a lot,this episode was amazing,they spent it all on Kaneki and his change.

Rushed but it still had me at the edge of my seat.

Just to clarify you just stated in your post that the best parts of TG is after Aogiri arc and Aogiri arc itself and latter wise they just half ass that arc in particular. Wouldn't you say that is bad? If I had to say this episode wise it was good but this is seriously the last ep. Its time to evaluate the whole series and its as some people have said its rush, they ruin a lot of stuff and some stuff just doesn't flow or make sense at all.

We have to agree to disagree I think the series is more then just about Ken. I don't blame them for taking this route but even then its still only half finish I wouldn't call this an ending at all. Ken devouring Jason while it was already stated the Doves will be upon them it doesn't feel like it ended. It felt like only truly begun.

A reminder and this isn't to you its just from me lurking and even threads I post in that I just got to say it takes far more love to criticize something than it does to blindly worship every nuance of it. It seems like several people in this thread do not understand that.
Sep 18, 2014 2:12 PM

May 2013
I really like episode 1 (with some other parts here and there) and I absolutely loved this final episode. It encouraged me to read the manga which is mostly what it sent out to do anyways and I appreciate it for that. 5/10.
Baku219Sep 20, 2014 12:02 AM
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 18, 2014 2:13 PM
Oct 2010
On a side note the manga ended right? It would explain why the anime is basically a gigantic commercial for it. I mean look at where and how they ended this. I don't think I'd enjoy the manga though, not unless the manga sells how crazy the characters are like the anime does.

May 2007
Just finished it, yea the fight was kinda awesome to see but it won't get rid of my disappointment of how they butchered and then did re-constructive surgery of the manga's material at a back alley by a fake-ass doctor from Romania.

If only they took their time with this series, there was no need to fit in ~ 70 chapters in 12 episodes, the series had already pulled an audience because the manga is already incredibly popular and after the first episode, this series became one of the most talked about animes during the early period for the right reasons and then the anime decided to take the Shinkansen bullet train to hell. As for why they would do such a thing, there could be any number of reasons to mis-use such a great story and a lot of conspiracy theories related to the fact that the manga ended today.

I'm still going to rate this series pretty high, it would have been a perfect score but how they handled the pacing takes away 2 points from it (it would have been more but that OP is just awesome and that one track from the OST is fantastic). Hence, I'm giving the Tokyo Ghoul anime an 8/10.

Jul 2010
...I knew it, this is what happens when you try to rush and cram 65+ chapters into a single cour while trying to be some kinda pseudo anime original full of filler.

This train wreck won't be getting a second season, if you're curious, read the manga that just recently ended(the ending was just as bad).
Sep 18, 2014 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
EasyGo-er said:
I think we all can agree that this episode and ep 1 are the best episodes of this anime adaptation, which are the only two episodes that were actually directed by Morita Shuhei....

I would love to see him directing a full series anime, not just a few episodes for another Tokyo Ghoul adaptation or any other upcoming anime in the future.

Heh really? Who was the other director (or directors) for the other episodes, then? :o
Sep 18, 2014 2:16 PM
Nov 2013
Pierrot fucked up everything, they can't adapt anything right.

anyway Kaneki was badass i want to see more white haired Kaneki.
btw what happened to the others ?
Sep 18, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
SalemWitch said:
EasyGo-er said:

Heh really? Who was the other director (or directors) for the other episodes, then? :o

I think it was mentioned somewhere in the official site, not gonna bother with it though.

Sep 18, 2014 2:19 PM

Nov 2011
JCDRANZER said:
Just finished it, yea the fight was kinda awesome to see but it won't get rid of my disappointment of how they butchered and then did re-constructive surgery of the manga's material at a back alley by a fake-ass doctor from Romania.

If only they took their time with this series, there was no need to fit in ~ 70 chapters in 12 episodes, the series had already pulled an audience because the manga is already incredibly popular and after the first episode, this series became one of the most talked about animes during the early period for the right reasons and then the anime decided to take the Shinkansen bullet train to hell. As for why they would do such a thing, there could be any number of reasons to mis-use such a great story and a lot of conspiracy theories related to the fact that the manga ended today.

You are hurting my feelings with the Romania comments :/

BUT I would bet they will be back with a season 2, a less rushed adaptation simply because everyone is tired of coward MCs and probably that's why they fixed all this in 12 episodes? Because, seriously, it ends where the good part starts.
Sep 18, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
I've seen plenty of bad adaptations but at least they had the curtsey to end the arc it was on, this is just a giant middle finger...

They tried to do all they can with 12 Eps but I thought they'd at least end this arc instead of a cliff hanger.

Oh well, the story changes from a psycological to a generic battle shounen anyways so those who haven't read the manga aren't missing anything, save yourself the time and dissapointment of the manga's awful ending as well.
Sep 18, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
SalemWitch said:
EasyGo-er said:

THE JANITOR.

Sep 18, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
NeutralSide said:
SalemWitch said:

THE JANITOR.

Lol, that Tokyo Ghoul Jack reference. xD

Sep 18, 2014 2:23 PM
Mar 2013
i already imagined that the ending wouldn't be faithful to the manga i think it didn't do good enough like this thought, and why did they show the anteiku going after kaneki? it was pointless to do it if they had no intentions do add some more anime :) even if my hopes are very very slim
Sep 18, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2012
You have to be fucking kidding me, this was literally the best episode but it was tHE LAST ONE >:ccccccccccccccccc WHY WAS ONLY THIS AND LIKE THE FIRST EPISODE REALLY GOOD >:cccccccCCCCCCCCCCCCCC I'm just pissed because like if Morita could've directed all of the damn episodes this anime would've been so consistent and probably would've been close to a masterpiece. Anyways, it's a pretty bad cliffhanger ending tbh but if there's not an episode after this then it's pretty much confirmed a second season and hopefully it's consistent... This episode was really well done but most of the episodes in between this and the first just were not consistent as this one ;-;
ad stellas super alas angeli.

Sep 18, 2014 2:27 PM
Jun 2011
Of course i'd see complaining about the best episode in the show. This episode kicked all kinds of ass.
Sep 18, 2014 2:29 PM
Jan 2011
They wasted that entire episode on dream sequences. They should have only done about 2 minutes of dram sequences and then go into badassery. We didn't need most of the episode to tell Kaneki he needs to man up.
Sep 18, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2010
arletti said:
You have to be fucking kidding me, this was literally the best episode but it was tHE LAST ONE >:ccccccccccccccccc WHY WAS ONLY THIS AND LIKE THE FIRST EPISODE REALLY GOOD >:cccccccCCCCCCCCCCCCCC I'm just pissed because like if Morita could've directed all of the damn episodes this anime would've been so consistent and probably would've been close to a masterpiece. Anyways, it's a pretty bad cliffhanger ending tbh but if there's not an episode after this then it's pretty much confirmed a second season and hopefully it's consistent... This episode was really well done but most of the episodes in between this and the first just were not consistent as this one ;-;

The manga just ended and like many other adaptions there's a big chance that this won't continue since it was probably mostly made to promote its source material..
Sep 18, 2014 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
xsilicon9 said:
They wasted that entire episode on dream sequences. They should have only done about 2 minutes of dram sequences and then go into badassery.

Lol what?
That scene was important as hell.
I'm satisfied with this ending.
If they didn't they would have rushed everything black bullet style and give a shitty episodes as opposed to a Fantastic episode we got today.

Sep 18, 2014 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was actually fairly good, overall though as someone who hasn't read the manga I can tell how rushed it was and the way it ended does leave me a little annoyed especially without some sort of season 2. Overall I can't decide whether or not I think the series is a 6 or a 7 but i'll probably go with 7 for now.

Off to read the manga now.
Sep 18, 2014 2:34 PM
Jan 2011
arletti said:

Most of it was dream sequences. The last minutes were the best. It doesn't confirm anything.There have been plenty of anime that ended on cliffhangers and didn't get a second season. It depends on how well this show sells.
Sep 18, 2014 2:35 PM
Jul 2014
Not the best ending. I hope we get second season.
Sep 18, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 2013
well i think that probably there will be a second season, so imo the episode wasn't as bad as many ppl say
however, i also think this was a bit misplaced
Sep 18, 2014 2:42 PM

May 2013
Pierrot is just trolling us with second season not being announced here in the last episode.

Even though there's some scenes that have been changed. I am glad to see Rize here and the white-haired badass Ken. 7/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 18, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2010
NeutralSide said:
xsilicon9 said:
They wasted that entire episode on dream sequences. They should have only done about 2 minutes of dram sequences and then go into badassery.

Lol what?
That scene was important as hell.
I'm satisfied with this ending.
If they didn't they would have rushed everything black bullet style and give a shitty episodes as opposed to a Fantastic episode we got today.

The main problem is that many people see this anime as a part of the manga but anime adaptions should be judged stand alone without having to defend it with the source material. This probably wont get a second season since it really feels like its only there to promote the comic and its understandable why people are not satisfied with a cliff hang.

The dream sequence was nessesary for kens character dev but it took way too much time for the last ep.
Sep 18, 2014 2:46 PM

Jun 2013
Cliffhanger ending. SASUGA PIERROT
Sep 18, 2014 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
what about all the other characters wtf
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Sep 18, 2014 2:50 PM
Jul 2014
Average ending for an average adaptation of an average manga.
Was expecting a trolling ending given the premises but, well...you can't always get what you want.
tokyo_ghoul_fan_4_life said:
Terrible adaptation. Pierrot fucked up everything!

tokyo_ghoul_fan_4_life said:
Let's hope we get a second season.

LOL.
Sep 18, 2014 2:50 PM

Jan 2009
Best episode of the entire season, but all this character development should have happened around the middle.

It was not enough to save this awful series.

I would prefer a complete remake instead of a second season from this studio.

grymdylan said:
what about all the other characters wtf

It showed how unimportant they are to the plot.
Sep 18, 2014 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
Eh. Finally my favorite anime of this season ended... :(

If only it were 24 episodes... :((((

I like the final episode . They did good job reflecting Kaneki's psychological twist despite making little changes.

Lets hope for a second season !!!

(reading manga nowadays and I heard that the ending is not the best one... Feelling very sad now.)
Sep 18, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2013
well that was rushed for sure at least we get to see his white hair
Sep 18, 2014 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
Shit they already rushed it out too many times and at the end they will give us a cliffhanger ending? What the f*ck is that? That's really terrible. I didn't even seen Touka!!!

If they would really like to make a second season of this (I Hope not) they should adapt the manga more seriously.

Since for the shitrushed adaptation they did on this Anime I'll give this adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul Manga a 7 point rating, But at least at the end I seen "White Kaneki" and because I'm generous I'll rate it 8 instead.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 18, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
You end an anime like this?
SEASON 2 WHERE?
Sep 18, 2014 3:05 PM
Jan 2014
By itself, this episode was amazing; however, as someone who closely follows the manga, the pacing felt really rushed for the series as a whole.
Sep 18, 2014 3:05 PM

Apr 2011
The series was rushed but this was still a enjoyable episode. I will give it a 8 overall.
Sep 18, 2014 3:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I read all of the manga last week and I saw how they messed up this series a lot, but from a manga reader perspective, this episode isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be. In fact thy handled it very well and did White Hair Kaneki justice by showing how it all happened

Yeah they left out tons of information like the info on the different ghoul types as well as info on Kakuja'so but even so it was still good

I didn't like Kaneki up until this point in the series and I really waned to see this animated and Studio Pierrot did an amazing job with it

5/5 episode for me

If I rate this series from a manga reader point of view, this gets a 6/10 but from an anima only point of view I'm giving this an 8/10 because even though it was clearly rushed, it was still pretty damn good visually, the music was great and it was very enjoyable to watch...The censorship was terrible tho
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

859 by WarlockGames17 »»
Feb 2, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.