Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2014 8:19 PM
May 2014
I'm about to finish Sket Dance, but I loved every minute of it (especially the high school aspect, which I now realize I love), so I need more anime to start.

I'd like for:
-the lead to be a boy (nothing against girls, but I just feel like I can relate more to other boys)
-it to take place (at least partially) in school, and also (at least partially) revolve around events taking place in/around/about the school
-comedy would be nice, but not required
-a lengthier anime would be nice too (so I won't get post anime disorder as quickly), but not that important
-preferably not a harem/ecchi. I really don't like that kind of stuff, but I can still take a certain degree of it
-supernatural/magic could also be a plus

Basically, I'm open to almost anything where the lead is a boy [maybe one more on the timid side], and that takes place in school

Thanks so much in advance!
wotwotwotwotSep 17, 2014 10:26 PM
Sep 17, 2014 8:27 PM
Sep 17, 2014 8:27 PM

Mar 2014
Aulis said:
-preferably not a harem/ecchi. I really don't like that kind of stuff, but I can still take a certain degree of it!

Wait, they make school animes that arent harem/ecchi?
Sep 17, 2014 8:33 PM

Jun 2010
kevcalif said:
Aulis said:
-preferably not a harem/ecchi. I really don't like that kind of stuff, but I can still take a certain degree of it!

Wait, they make school animes that arent harem/ecchi?

Tbh, "cute girls doing cute things (in school)" is stronger than harem/ecchi (in school).
The later sells BD, while the first sells sequels/OVAs/adaptations/BD/merchandise...
Sep 17, 2014 9:19 PM

Sep 2014
From my limited list, I would recommend
-Bokura wa minna kawaisou
-Clannad.

However should you not mind more ecchi, or you have different tastes than mine, you could probably also try out
-Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai
-Sakurasou no pet na kanoujou
-Kokoro connect

I also here the following are good and I intend to watch them myself, but havent
-Hyouka
-Maison Ikkoku
Sep 18, 2014 12:18 AM

May 2009
Gin no Saji
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (tho it's like there are two MCs - sakura(girl) and nozaki(boy))
Baka to Test (tho it arguably has a harem and ecchi :( )
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic (has magic, tho you might wanna watch Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic first)
Moyashimon (maybe)
Free! (maybe; there is like fanservice for girls)
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Lovely★Complex (MCs are a boy and a girl, maybe the girl more than the boy though)
Nurarihyon no Mago (dunno how much school it has, supernatural)
Soul Eater
Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist (partially set in a school)
Chihayafuru (MCs are a girl and boy, and sometimes its in the girls pov and sometimes the guys I think)
Suki na Mono wa Suki Dakara Shou ga Nai!! (boys love)
CaecaSep 18, 2014 7:03 AM
Sep 18, 2014 6:34 AM

May 2012
Cross Game
Nodame Cantabile - Chiaki is really the main character though the show is named after the woman.
Kurenai and Ghost Hound have some episodes that focus on school, though most of their stories concern other matters.
School Rumble has a strong male character, though the focus is often on the girls.
Sep 18, 2014 7:26 AM
Jul 2014
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

More topics from this board

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 47 minutes ago

2 by Skuletor »»
1 minute ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Today

6 by Skuletor »»
5 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

9 by r3v3l3v3l »»
8 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Today

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
11 hours ago

» 「 𝜗℘ 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐞/𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝜗℘ 」(❀❛ ֊ ❛„)♡

RabbitS- - Apr 10

18 by Reina__ »»
Today, 7:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.