Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2014 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
So how do you feel about anachronisms in fiction? Do they ruin the story for you or do they make a story a lot more interesting?
Sep 17, 2014 10:55 AM

Dec 2011
It irks me, but it's fiction - people write what they want and don't care about facts.
Sep 17, 2014 11:04 AM

Nov 2012
sometimes it bothers me terribly, other times I don't mind at all, it depends on how much I care about that particular field

for example I laughed at nerds getting upset because of the fonts used in Mad Men, but I get mad because of costumes in historical films
Sep 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
Seeing as I'm a history nerd I get annoyed by historical inconsistencies/unintentional anachronisms in works that are supposed to be historically accurate. Besides that? I don't give a fuck so long as it's executed nicely.
Sep 18, 2014 11:30 AM

Sep 2014
It affects me greatly, not from the fact that the writer got it wrong but by the fact that people would actually believe the inconsistencies that the story is presenting. Take Braveheart for example, I once talked to someone who believed that Isabella had an affair with William Wallace. LOL!
Sep 18, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2012
Depends on how egregious the errors and the quality of the show. I remember hate-watching Xena and Hercules, way back in the day, and just rolling my eyes when an established character who should have pre-dated the Trojan War happens to meet baby Jesus. Then there's shows like Jojo's that are so fun that you don't care that Rugby hadn't even been invented yet.

Of course, then there's shows that advertise themselves as being historically accurate. No matter how good they are, they really should meet a certain standard.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be a good partner?

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

49 by ANormalUser »»
40 seconds ago

» First Kiss ( 1 2 3 4 )

bolby - Jan 26, 2015

150 by DukeLess1 »»
14 minutes ago

» When IS the end of the World?

French-Japanese - 16 minutes ago

0 by French-Japanese »»
16 minutes ago

» Is English your native language?

DesuMaiden - 5 hours ago

21 by ANormalUser »»
16 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - 1 hour ago

8 by ANormalUser »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.