Forum Settings
Forums

Just because the ending is incomplete/bad should i drop it?

New
Sep 16, 2014 11:18 AM

Feb 2014
I mean i wanted to watch D gray man but i heard its ending is incomplete so i didnt watch it, the same with katekyo hitman reborn i was watching it till 119 i guess.. but i heard the ending was just bad and ruined the show i dropped it. i rly hate bad endings or an ending like FMA the original,should i stop dropping and watch it even if the show was epic but the ending was terrible? :v
HAREM IS SHIT!
Sep 16, 2014 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
I "hear" about things all the time... doesn't mean they're true.

Anyway, if a particular show really interests you, then why not watch it? Drop it if the first couple of episodes don't interest you. If the ending is bad but everything before it was great, I'd say it was still well worth the watch. Just lower the score a bit if you're really bothered by the ending.
Sep 16, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
invinc1ble said:
I mean i wanted to watch D gray man but i heard its ending is incomplete so i didnt watch it, the same with katekyo hitman reborn i was watching it till 119 i guess.. but i heard the ending was just bad and ruined the show i dropped it. i rly hate bad endings or an ending like FMA the original,should i stop dropping and watch it even if the show was epic but the ending was terrible? :v
If you like the show why don't you finish it? The ending is about 5 episodes, a show is about 50 episodes long. if the first 45 episodes was 10/10 and the ending is a 1/10 you would still give it a 9 if you do some calculations. (I don't understand my story anymore so I'm going to finish it) WATCH THE ENDING, otherwise the story isn't finished.
Sep 16, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
The ending to D.Gray-man does leave something to be desired but most everything leading up to it is pretty good. It's worth watching.
Sep 16, 2014 1:10 PM

Feb 2013
solutions
a) drop or finish the anime, then continue with the source material (especially if it's completely translated and not ongoing)
b) watch more original anime and complete adaptations

edit: as for d-gray man, i believe that the users above got it right; it should be good except the ending (and manga is still ongoing)
if the idea of a lack of conclusion bothers you so much, then don't watch it eh, plenty of fish in the sea
but also remember the saying "It's about the journey, not the destination"
romagiaSep 16, 2014 1:19 PM
Sep 16, 2014 1:14 PM

Dec 2013
Not something we can answer. If endings are important to you, maybe. If not, I don't see the point in dropping great material.
Sep 16, 2014 1:22 PM
Dec 2013
Just because people say the ending is bad, doesn't make it objectively bad. Yeah, they're incomplete adaptations, but it is up to you to see for yourself whether the ending is good or not when you get to it. The Trigun anime is an incomplete adaptation, but it has a great ending IMO. You can read the source material of an incomplete adaptation if you want to continue the story.

The ending doesn't matter too much to me; it's all about the episodes before the ending that entertained me enough to make me keep watching that anime.
Sep 16, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2012
No you shouldn't drop it because of an ending. Read the manga after the anime instead. But Katekyo hitman reborn and D. Gray man are in my opinion seriously bad anime in general, so yeah
Sep 16, 2014 2:01 PM

Mar 2014
I dropped Mirai Nikki at episode 24 because it went from mediocre to objectively shit due to the ending. I have no regrets.
Sep 17, 2014 12:33 PM

Feb 2014
Okay guys i 'll do what you said, i will watch the anime even if the ending was bad/incomplete but you know the ending can sometimes change the anime from good to bad or from bad to good :v
HAREM IS SHIT!
Sep 17, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2013
Many anime have incomplete endings, but they never feel all that incomplete to me, except for Berserk of course but that's a given.
Sep 17, 2014 12:39 PM

Jun 2012
I think every long running shounen that I watched, had incomplete ending. And yea, it makes me kinda annoyed and disappointed, but it's always a worth watch for me, since I am really into that genre.

So yea, I think DGM is worth watching. Especially because of Miranda <3
Sep 17, 2014 12:44 PM

Oct 2012
Read the manga.
Sep 17, 2014 1:04 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
FMA original had an amazing ending, they managed to sum up everything and i cant go into detail cause of spoilers (too lazy for spoiler tag), but you thinking the FMA original ending was bad is wrong

also hitler was in it
Sep 17, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
If you hear people saying the ending is bad, doesn't mean it's objectively bad. You should judge yourself, always.
Sep 17, 2014 1:11 PM

Aug 2012
JOAOAA said:
FMA original had an amazing ending, they managed to sum up everything and i cant go into detail cause of spoilers (too lazy for spoiler tag), but you thinking the FMA original ending was bad is wrong

also hitler was in it
The ending was terrible, nonsense and stupid.
Sep 17, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2014
JOAOAA said:

also hitler was in it

I didn't mean it was bad it was just my opinion that i didnt feel it was that awesome
HAREM IS SHIT!
Sep 17, 2014 1:19 PM

May 2013
lupadim said:
JOAOAA said:

also hitler was in it
The ending was terrible, nonsense and stupid.

Brotherhoods ending was far worse. It was just a guy being evil for the sake of being evil without any rhyme or reason to it.
Sep 17, 2014 1:25 PM

Nov 2012
^
why is that bad?
monsters in ultraman just bad for the sake of being bad but its far better than evangelion
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 17, 2014 1:32 PM

Feb 2013
The show drops itself after episode 102
Sep 17, 2014 1:33 PM
Nov 2013
Sometimes what matters is the journey, not the ending.
Sep 17, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2012
I wouldn't say drop it for being incomplete. At worst there you could always go for the source material. If the ending was bad though, as in notoriously bad, it'd depend. If it were a short series I'd probably just watch it for myself and decide, if it were longer I might read spoilers for the very end and if it made me rage or something I'd probably stop right there, though from memory I don't think that's happened to me ever...
Sep 17, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
^
why is that bad?
monsters in ultraman just bad for the sake of being bad but its far better than evangelion

Because they have no purpose, no real goal. There are some exceptions, but for the most part it doesn't make a good villain. It's just being evil because why not. In a world where everyone else has a reason for doing pretty much anything, this does not belong.

Sep 17, 2014 2:55 PM

Jun 2014
Kolnikov said:
Sometimes what matters is the journey, not the ending.

Keyword sometimes. If the ending emphasizes the journey, then we can enjoy it. The ending will always have a relation to the journey, even if it was an unforeseen ending that surprised everyone.

Sep 17, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
ninjastarforcex said:
^
why is that bad?

Because they have no purpose, no real goal. There are some exceptions, but for the most part it doesn't make a good villain. It's just being evil because why not. In a world where everyone else has a reason for doing pretty much anything, this does not belong.

Why does a "good" villain have to have a reason to be a villain? Who cares why he's evil.
Sep 17, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2014
The ending of reborn is the reason i never watched it
Sep 17, 2014 3:44 PM

Apr 2014
If you made it to the ending no point in dropping it just rate it poorly.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Sep 17, 2014 3:52 PM

May 2013
TFO1013 said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Why does a "good" villain have to have a reason to be a villain? Who cares why he's evil.

Because if they don't, they're on the same level as The Brain or any other Saturday morning cartoon villain. Mojo Jojo is better than Father, if only by a little bit.

Every villain must have some reason for being evil, no matter how small or petty it is. If the creator doesn't reveal that reason to us, it is a bad villain, no better than a monster of the week. Even characters like Ladd Russo and Mistilteinn had reasons for doing what they did, though they were minimalistic reasons, they make enough sense non the less and validated their actions.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - Yesterday

44 by Shirayukin »»
5 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

105 by mo_lave »»
8 minutes ago

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

40 by WatchTillTandava »»
9 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 52 minutes ago

4 by ryokoblue »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is the art style for you

nishant0 - Apr 11

41 by SnipeStrike »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.