Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2014 2:59 AM
Sep 2014
Since Kou and Futaba are now aware of their feelings (chapter 43 - 44), I believe we are (more or less) heading towards the end of the manga, with around 10 chapters to go.

The question now is: HOW? Please help me make some hypothesis!

My guess is that chapter 45 will be about Futaba being confused and probably will fast-forward to Christmas when she will go on a date with Touma. Something will happen on that day (but what?!). Maybe she will decide she does not want to leave him? Or maybe she will realize that she'd rather spend Xmas with Kou?

Then something will dilute the story and keep Kou and Futaba apart for some more time: maybe Touma or maybe the fact that in the third year Kou is in the special advanced class.

Then for sure Kou + Futaba's love will blossom in the summer, when they will finally go to the Festival together. Or maybe that will be the epilogue, after they are already a couple.

This are my ideas, although very vague. Do you think this is a valid guess? What are your thoughts and what challenges do you think Kou and Futaba still have to face?
Sep 16, 2014 3:09 AM

Jun 2013
I have the same guess as you that during Christmas, something would definitely happen. Touma stated that he would be performing a song that he written about his feelings towards Futaba and my guess is that on that day itself, Futaba probably wouldn't turn up or maybe if she does, Kou might find her amidst the crowds and pull her away or something.

For now, Futaba is clearly just denying her feelings towards Kou when obviously she is in love with Kou but I'm not sure, I feel that this relationship with Touma will forcefully go on for awhile, with Futaba trying not to hurt Touma even though she's not in love with him.

Well I sure do hope that during Christmas, both Kou and Futaba will make things clear with each other regarding their feelings, Futaba will probably admit her feelings towards Kou but will also say that she needs some time to sort things out with Touma.

Then, Kou would maybe be promoted to special class in third year again and their relationship would drift again, but who knows Kou might still chase after her or even upon graduation, the two will meet again, this time Futaba already single.

Just my thoughts though, I'm pretty lost myself but I really hope to see Futaba admitting her feelings soon instead of just dragging this hopeless relationship with Touma :)
Sep 16, 2014 3:14 AM

Nov 2012
Kou getting friendzoned at the end, and those Touma fans, who are now saying that is obvious she is gonna end with Kou cause it's typical of shoujos, saying how original the mangaka was with the ending........

Wait, not sure why but Touma playing a song he wrote about his feelings for Futaba, reminded me of Chihiro from "The World god only knows" when she played a song she wrote about her feelings. It wouldn't be so bad to see Touma singing his song while crying cause he got dumped.......
jose21Sep 16, 2014 3:56 AM
Sep 16, 2014 3:54 AM
Jul 2013
Maybe Kou and Futaba will somehow meet each other(coincidentally) at the shrine where they both first met..And maybe they'll confess?
Sep 16, 2014 4:18 AM
Sep 2014
pyreholocaust said:

For now, Futaba is clearly just denying her feelings towards Kou when obviously she is in love with Kou but I'm not sure, I feel that this relationship with Touma will forcefully go on for awhile, with Futaba trying not to hurt Touma even though she's not in love with him.

Yeah, same here...we'll have to deal with him a bit more I am afraid :/

pyreholocaust said:

Just my thoughts though, I'm pretty lost myself but I really hope to see Futaba admitting her feelings soon instead of just dragging this hopeless relationship with Touma :)

Ahahah, me tooo, I am so confused, that is why it's so hard to wait all these months to see the end of it!
Sep 16, 2014 4:20 AM
Sep 2014
jose21 said:
Kou getting friendzoned at the end, and those Touma fans, who are now saying that is obvious she is gonna end with Kou cause it's typical of shoujos, saying how original the mangaka was with the ending........

Wait, not sure why but Touma playing a song he wrote about his feelings for Futaba, reminded me of Chihiro from "The World god only knows" when she played a song she wrote about her feelings. It wouldn't be so bad to see Touma singing his song while crying cause he got dumped.......

LOL...wait...you not serious right?! You really think Sakisaka-sama would play such a bad trick on us? I mean, life is hard, let us at least enjoy some happy endings in shoujo manga! LOL

I don't feel any simpathy towards Touma, so the scene you imagined of him crying while singing was HILARIOUS to me ahahahha...
Sep 16, 2014 4:22 AM
Sep 2014
HazmanAhmad said:
Maybe Kou and Futaba will somehow meet each other(coincidentally) at the shrine where they both first met..And maybe they'll confess?

Oooh, that's a good one! I forgot about the shrine, but that's also an important element of the story. You are right, something might happen there. Since that was the place when they met again after their physical separation, this might be the place where they meet again after their emotional separation...
Sep 16, 2014 4:43 AM

Nov 2012
OK, being more serious, perhaps what will happen is that maybe Futaba will finally come to a decision on christmas. I think what will happen is that she will have to choose to either go to Touma's concert and hear his song, or go to the shrine with Kou. Then finally, she will decide to go to the shrine, meaning she has chosen Kou. Meanwhile, Touma, either figuring out by himself that she is not coming or receiving a phone call from her saying sorry, will still sing the song he had written for her while shedding some tears for his lost......
Sep 17, 2014 11:43 AM
Jul 2013
Midorilla said:
HazmanAhmad said:

Oooh, that's a good one! I forgot about the shrine, but that's also an important element of the story. You are right, something might happen there. Since that was the place when they met again after their physical separation, this might be the place where they meet again after their emotional separation...

Since most of the comments here are talking about christmas,I have a feeling it'll go like..
-Kou standing somewhere infront of the shrine alone.

-*looks up to the sky where the snow is falling

-Then Futaba walks up to Kou from behind while saying"It came down pretty suddenly,huh?"(The first sentence Kou said when they first met at the shrine)

-Kou feeling surprised and shocked,looks behind.

-Kou and Futaba faces each other.

let your imaginations continue the story:)(Just my opinion)
Nov 8, 2014 9:09 PM

Jan 2014
ending? Kou x Futaba of-course...
if she ends up with Touma... you might as well edit Kou's MAL profile from a Main Character to a Supporting role character
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.