Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2014 4:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A world of of nothingness but ruins and death? That's a world I wouldn't ever want to see...

Also, a lot of ideology clash this chapter as expected. It looks like Judar just joined the party. I wonder how Aladdin will respond to this.
Stark700Sep 15, 2014 4:59 PM
Sep 15, 2014 5:00 PM

Sep 2010
Judal's back, but where is Hakuryuu?

I really want to see how Olba and the pirates will react to seeing him again.

I really hope for translations soon I really want to know what everyone is saying. Dx
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 15, 2014 6:31 PM

Mar 2008
fuck yeahhh
guess who's back, bitches
Sep 15, 2014 7:01 PM

May 2012
Judar's rukh are black and white.. Things are more interesting now..

Sep 15, 2014 7:18 PM

Aug 2013
So no alliance but it looks like Kouen didn't plan to keep Gyokuen around any longer. Intense ideological battle this week. It was great!

Whoa Judar's back!! I wonder if we'll see Hakuryuu at the Summit? Can't wait to hear what he has to say.

I also wonder how Aladdin is planning to handle this since everything seems to be going against what he expected. Hyped for next week (like usual)!
Sep 15, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2012
Well I didnt expect everyone to suddenly become buddy buddy but I was hoping they would at least take out al thamen before they started butting heads.

Dark_Messiah said:
Oh snap I didnt even notice that. I agree, thats extremely interesting >:D
Sep 15, 2014 9:04 PM

Apr 2014
Show of hands of who thought everyone would get along!
....No one; go figure.....
Sep 15, 2014 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
well .... that was interesting !!!! Judar is back :S hope there will be a fight soon with Judar and Aladin/Yunan
Sep 15, 2014 10:04 PM

Mar 2012
Oshoot, I thought they really were about to duke it out there until it was mentioned that they didn't have their metal vessels. @.@ Forgot that they set them aside at the beginning of the flashback.

And Judal finally joins the party. Now to wonder about where Hakuryuu is...
Sep 15, 2014 11:00 PM

Jun 2013
I knew that Sinbad would try something like this. that Man is master manipulator and Politician, but same can be said Ren Kouen and those who are in his Inner Circle.

"Kou Empire is will of King Solomon himself"? Ooh Boy, have to thank Alibaba later. if he had not been there would have been A War for sure.

Tough I am pretty confused, Is Alibaba saying that he will join to Kou Empire's side if they join to War effort? I am pretty confused what Alibaba meant when he said what he Said, but he had somewhat Cool moment just now.

So Ren Kouen has joined to War effort? or at least heading to Purge Al-Thamen out of his Country? and now he Realized that her Mother has same Ideals as Arba had. and Judar came just before he could reveal anything else.

Next chapter could turn up pretty bloody one.
JarjaxleSep 15, 2014 11:26 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 15, 2014 11:29 PM

Jun 2013
Sol_Ou said:

Dark_Messiah said:
Oh snap I didnt even notice that. I agree, thats extremely interesting >:D

I would say that they are mostly Black with specks of White Rukh in them
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 15, 2014 11:52 PM

Apr 2014
Interesting revelations.
Sep 15, 2014 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
Kouen: "I don't like you."

Best panel in the chapter. Sinbad was still awesome in this chapter as a master manipulator, but lol, that panel was priceless. Just like I thought, both Kouen and Muu dislike Sinbad and can see through his honeyed words and smiling front to collaborate with him. So, Yunan's prediction that a war will break out between the king vessels will happen after all. I hope all the king vessels will survive, especially my favorites: Kouen, Hakuei and Hakuryuu.

I wonder if Judar's proposal hints at him and Hakuryuu ending up being part of Aladdin's group. Though, I can't see it will work out, given how both Hakuryuu and Judar are driven by revenge and Aladdin and co won't agree to their methods.

I also, have a theory, but could it be Hakutoku's one world ideal was actually influenced by Arba/Gyokuen?

According to this page, Illah wanted one race (the humans) to govern all the others, and right after Aladdin mentions it, we see Hakutoku's silhouette. Knowing Arba's obsession with Illah, I wonder if she was the one who suggested that to Hakutoku when they became a couple. Arba was also under the impression that Solomon was acting according to Illah's will and that's why she supported him to become king of all species.

I wonder if the author is drawing all these similarities between Solomon and Hakutoku and the one world they were aiming for on purpose.
removed-userSep 16, 2014 3:43 AM
Sep 16, 2014 1:49 AM
Jan 2011
I already post this on Manga fox. Just want to know what you guys think.

I think the issue is a lot more complicated then everyone realizes.

Aladdin's proposal seems like the ideal solution but it is ideal only in the short term. In the long term, the ceasefire is unsustainable and part of the reason why is because of Al-Tharmen. Al-Tharmen has such direct control of the Kou empire by means of Gyokuen that no ceasefire can be long term.

Sinbad offers a solution that tackles that problem partly because he realize the fallacy in Aladdin's proposal. The problem with that solution is that it provides more responsibility on the part of the Kou empire and make them seem like the bad guy. It also provides Sinbad with a valid reason to interfere with Kou's affairs and when it is all said and done, whatever is left of Kou will be force to join with the Seven Seas Alliance perhaps not because Sinbad force them but because doing so at least allows them leverage on the political arena. That also puts Sinbad as their leader since he currently leads the Seven Seas Alliance.

Kouen realize this and it annoys him. He's the kind of guy that is decisive in personality and seeing Sinbad's play irritates him because of the indirectness of it all. In some way he realize Sinbad is right but the way Sinbad frames the solution undermines him, the Kou Empire, its values and puts unnecessary pressure on him to solve the problem of Al-Tharmen that is in itself a daunting task. Kou is a nation that collects all sorts of strengths regardless of where they come from. He sees those strengths as tools that if harness properly could be beneficial to Kou as a whole. It also means that the Kou empire is at all times riding a wild bucking horse and a single decisive mistake on his part could cause it all to implode. If he puts too much on Al-Tharmen then he may find himself being thrown off it. Kouen is facing a dilemma, he had long since realize the danger that is Al-Tharmen but he tolerates it and even using their power to expand Kou and perhaps along the way slowly weakening Al-Tharmen until Al-Tharmen is unnecessary for Kou. Now Sinbad comes in and put pressure on him to solve a problem is not easy and time-consuming. Should he agrees with Sinbad then even in the best case scenario Kou will cease to be the superpower it once was.

Muu? He's stuck as a third party unsure of what to do. He can't choose one without abandoning the other and there is a limit to how much he can support both of them. Even not supporting either party isn't the correct answer since either one of them may attack Reim for fear of Reim being the sole remaining superpower. To him there are no right answers only wrong ones with varying levels of consequences...
Sep 16, 2014 6:52 AM

Aug 2010
Good stuff. Was a nice clash of ideals there.

Unification through alliances vs Unification through a single country.

Loved how Kouen said "I don't like u" XD Seems like he's going to f*** Arba now that he knows everything :3 Should be fun ^^

Judal is back. Can't wait to see what he'll think of Aladdin now that he's all powered up. It's been quite a long time since they met last hehe.
Sep 16, 2014 9:10 AM

Jul 2012
Judar is Tess.
Sep 16, 2014 10:48 AM

Feb 2012
Shit's too serious.

The world is doomed with those guys around lol.
Sep 16, 2014 11:28 AM

Jun 2008
Damn dat political genius Sin ... <3
Sep 16, 2014 12:24 PM
Oct 2013
omfg that was amazing!!!! judal love that guy, kou empire rem am in love!!! fucking love this guy!!! just just amazing
Sep 16, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2011
KanameFujiwara said:
Kouen is facing a dilemma, he had long since realize the danger that is Al-Tharmen but he tolerates it and even using their power to expand Kou and perhaps along the way slowly weakening Al-Tharmen until Al-Tharmen is unnecessary for Kou. Now Sinbad comes in and put pressure on him to solve a problem is not easy and time-consuming.

I get the impression that he's not so much tolerating them as biding his time, knowing that they're too deeply ingrained and powerful to defeat atm; even by accepting the aid of the other powers, the Kou empire would be hurt the most of the three.

If there was an easier way to get rid of them, I think he'd have gone for it long ago rather than rely on their power at all. Makes Sinbad seem even sneakier since the corner is even more pronounced.
Sep 17, 2014 6:41 AM

Nov 2012
Finally Judal is back!!!! I hope he will join alladin and the others...
Sep 18, 2014 1:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That bastard Judar is back. I hope he goes away soon too.

I don't like any of the male characters from the Kou empire to be honest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 19, 2014 6:02 AM

Sep 2010
Marzan said:

I'm quite the opposite I think the Kou Empire has the best characters in the series except for Aladdin and Ja'far.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 19, 2014 12:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Roloko said:
Marzan said:

I'm quite the opposite I think the Kou Empire has the best characters in the series except for Aladdin and Ja'far.

Yeah, looking at your favorite characters I'm not surprised. Different tastes and all that I suppose.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 20, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2010
Oh damn Judal entered the party.Things are getting even more serious and awesome - now where's Hakuryuu.
Sep 21, 2014 10:40 PM

Jun 2011
Ugs politics aren't my thing, but I had a feeling that the three countries wouldn't agree to such a thing so easily, honestly, right now, I just want Alibaba to retake Balbad
Sep 27, 2014 5:50 PM

May 2013
Damn
Nov 20, 2015 12:12 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty intense chapter and Judar out of nowhere at the end lol
Mar 28, 2016 4:33 AM
Oct 2013
Interesting chapter, I predict judal had a revenge to gyokuen (maybe because of his dark past). So, judal wanted to cooperate with aladdin.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 3 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

13 by AnklesAAA »»
Jan 5, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.