Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

How would the Chimera Ant arc have played out if ___ made an appearance and how strong is that character really? SPOILERS

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 19, 2014 6:30 AM

Dec 2013
Mikasa said:
Kuralchemist99 said:
Feitan would have a slim, and I mean a SLIM chance of defeating him. If he was able to survive at least one of Meruem's attacks, he could become incredibly powerful.

100 spins from Phinks can rip Meruem...
Maybe a few hundred shots from Franklin?
If he's injured, Shizuku can absorb his blood...
Meruem would probably just blitz them. He wouldn't just stand around and let Phinks spin his head, let Franklin shoot him, or let Shizuku drain his blood.
Sep 19, 2014 7:12 AM

Oct 2013
Mikasa said:
Kuralchemist99 said:
Feitan would have a slim, and I mean a SLIM chance of defeating him. If he was able to survive at least one of Meruem's attacks, he could become incredibly powerful.

100 spins from Phinks can rip Meruem...
If he's injured, Shizuku can absorb his blood...

Lol, comparte the destruction they make vs the destruction zero hand did and how much damage it did to meruem
there are your answers...
vedatsvetSep 19, 2014 10:28 AM
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sep 19, 2014 9:40 AM
May 2014
ZGriffin said:
TripleSRank said:

Actually, Killua explicitly rated people once, and it included Hisoka, no less. Just before the Heaven's Arena arc, he used lines in the dirt to show Gon their strengths compared to Hisoka and Hanzo. (He placed himself laughably close to Hisoka, though.)

Killua didn't rate he just assumed and was just going off his knowledge and common sense as a fighter. Hisoka seems to be much more accurate, like he has an actual ability for it.

Considering the scene at the Election's arc where Hisoka is surprised when he rates 90ish a random hunter who was voting I'd say it's safe to assume he has some sort of ability to measure strenght.
Sep 19, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2011
tesla21 said:
ZGriffin said:

Killua didn't rate he just assumed and was just going off his knowledge and common sense as a fighter. Hisoka seems to be much more accurate, like he has an actual ability for it.

Considering the scene at the Election's arc where Hisoka is surprised when he rates 90ish a random hunter who was voting I'd say it's safe to assume he has some sort of ability to measure strenght.

well people are forgeting how ignorant Killua was back then, he didn't even know abut nen so obviously hes going to be ridiculously off.

I believe Hisoka could take a RG alone.... either way though it would be an awesome fight.
Sep 19, 2014 10:19 AM

Mar 2014
Winter_Fox_Tami said:

1. Eh, sure. Not really going anywhere with this one. Also, Chrollo was also in that box so he could still be regarded as a "toy".

3. No, you did miss my point. It's true, I did say "ants" because yeah, ALL the ants are fast learners. But I didn't stop there, I went through each and every guard. My point was that at the level they're at, the Guards can easily adapt to their opponent, Hisoka included. I also still want to know WTF Hisoka is going to do with his "martial arts".

Meruem ripped Netero apart because he applied what he learned from reading those books about board games -- find your opponent's rhythm and disrupt it. Meruem is the greatest example of adaptation, which makes him VERY relevant to my schpeel about the ants being able to learn very quickly.

4. No, I'm just agreeing with what Leffair said (not me). At that moment, Netero didn't give a shit about Hisoka wanting to challenge him and this is evident by him leaving his guard down. Now, I'm assuming that you speak Japanese or something? Your interpretation could very well be true if that's how it was in Japanese but that's not really any different from context in the scans shown, which is that Netero could very well handle Hisoka.

5. See, you're greatly underestimating Youpi. You honestly think he's stupid enough to let the opponent keep throwing shit at him until he dies? This is the dude that grew to his final form (?) in under 30 minutes. In that moment he learned about his immense rage and what he could do with it. Youpi can actually be smart. And did you see his new powers? That was some DBZ type shit, AND he can fly at very high speeds (as demonstrated by Meruem). As Sasa said, Hisoka will most likely be on the defensive the whole time. Have a venue in mind, too. If it's an enclosed area, he can do what he did at the beginning vs. Knuckle & Shoot while Hisoka will have to keep on dodging. If it's a huge open field, Youpi can utilize his blaster and if Hisoka tries to escape, I don't doubt that Youpi could easily catch up with his flight. Youpi's "flailing" scenario is just the beginning and even then I think Hisoka would have a hard time. Wtf is his martials arts gonna do here? And even though he's a living organism, Youpi can tank A LOT of hits, as is shown when Killua's "beating" barely did anything to him AND when Knuckle and Shoot's efforts were shown to be futile.

Sasa addressed most of what you said about Pouf so no need to be repeating him.

Your point about Pitou is what really confuses me about your whole stand, which is how you think Hisoka would have an upper hand against most of these guards when in power levels alone, they're on a much higher echelon. Then you bring into consideration that they each have a unique set of skills, Pitou included. Pitou isn't just "fast", she's REALLY fast. The greatness of her reflexes were shown during the Dragon Dive, where she was able to pinpoint where Netero was amidst all that confusion. And why can't it be the other way around? Pitou isn't stupid either, she could very well have a plan that Hisoka may fall for.

You also got to keep in mind that even with Palm, Killua, Ikalgo, Knuckle, Meleoron AND Gon, they knew that they wouldn't be able to defeat Pitou. Now you apply that team to Hisoka and you gotta wonder if you can say the same thing. Actually, I'm pretty confident that Hisoka could do away with them but at the point they're at now, I'm imagining that he would still have a pretty hard time. Palm is crazy strong as Black Widow, Killua has godlike speed, Knuckle can land the APR with God's Accomplice, and well, you have Gon who's gone crazy. And we all know what had to be done just to beat Pitou.

Gee, I didn't know that. In all seriousness, I enjoy having these conversations.
jreginaldSep 19, 2014 10:23 AM
Sep 19, 2014 12:55 PM

Dec 2010
my guess is that hisoka would have a tough fight against the royal guards, but he would enjoy it like hell ^^
Sep 19, 2014 2:53 PM

Sep 2013
Well this should be fun....
For my response, i'll be using pre-rose Meruem, bring his speed down to around Feitan or Hisoka's level and dumb him down to Gon's level

"Hisoka can actually kill Pitou and Pouf. Maybe even Youpi.
As for Meruem, do you guys think Feitan, Franklin or Phinks could destroy him?"

"100 spins from Phinks can rip Meruem...
If he's injured, Shizuku can absorb his blood..."

Uvogin was stated to be the strongest member of the Phantom troupe. His strongest attack was his big-bang impact. Kurapica took it head on and came off with just a broken arm(Meruem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kurapica).The power of Phinks's punches relies on how strong he actually is. Once he reaches his max, further revolutions would be pointless as he isn't omnipotent like Alluka (Nanika to be precise) pointless revs would only make his shoulder ache more. Even if we gave Meruem a human body which he could hurt, the overwhelming difference in their nen would easily cancel it out.

Let's compare Franklin's nen bullets to Netero's zero hand. The former made quick work of businessmen in an auction room and the latter made Killua do a 180 when he felt it's murderous intent from a great distance away. It also only managed to give Meruem slight burns. Franklin would much sooner gas out than he would dent Meruem.

Feitan got beat up by the likes of Zazan, who couldn't hold a candle to any of the RG and had to rely on his pain packer for victory. If Zero hand did negligible damage to the king, rising sun wouldn't even warm him up.

Shizuku'll drain his blood? How would they injure him in the first place? Even if we put him in a fictional scenario where he's bleeding, do you expect him to just watch his blood get drained?

And finally, the star of the show, Hisoka. One of the most mysterious characters. A very versatile fighter whose ability can be useful in most situations. So what? From what we've seen, his bungee gum wouldn't help him here at all and neither would his strength or durability. It took the combined efforts of Gon, Killua and himself to catch a spike from Razor. Had their teamwork been less than perfect, all three of them would've taken damage from the impact. He broke all his fingers returning a deflection from Razor and he could barely handle the rotation of Gotoh's coins. So tell me, what significance does his rubbery gum hold here? Will he subdue him by trapping him in a web of it? Throw cards at him? LMAO. His best bet would be playing cards with him and he'd still lose!
Sep 19, 2014 3:12 PM

Mar 2014
^ Idk why you're even replying to a guy that thinks underlings of the PT could kill Meruem.

I'm not sure about your comparison with Zero Hand & Feitan's Rising Sun, though. Rising Sun is very capable of damaging its opponents, depending on the wounds/injuries Feitan receives. You make it sound like Zazan actually had a chance of defeating Feitan. And "rely"? That's an odd word for someone using their very own ability. The problem with Feitan vs. Meruem is that Meruem will probably have maimed him before he even gets to use his Rising Sun.
Sep 19, 2014 3:21 PM

Jun 2011
jreginald said:
^ Idk why you're even replying to a guy that thinks underlings of the PT could kill Meruem.

I'm not sure about your comparison with Zero Hand & Feitan's Rising Sun, though. Rising Sun is very capable of damaging its opponents, depending on the wounds/injuries Feitan receives. You make it sound like Zazan actually had a chance of defeating Feitan. And "rely"? That's an odd word for someone using their very own ability. The problem with Feitan vs. Meruem is that Meruem will probably have maimed him before he even gets to use his Rising Sun.

well feitan's power apparently comes in different forms, if he was hurt worst it would be a different stronger move (still couldn't win), also like what was said in the episode apparently hes not as strong as he used to be, I'd be interested to see him in top form
Sep 19, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2013
jreginald said:

I was trying to say that before he used it, he wasn't doing too well. I know he was still rusty atm but taking that much damage from Zazan is unimpressive especially since one of us thinks can take on Meruem. I know it's his still his ability, but i used the word "rely" because he has to be wounded before he can actually use it.

My post isn't aimed exclusively at him/her, but anyone who happens to think like that.
Sep 19, 2014 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
@NemeanLion: Just wanted to point out that Uvogin was physically the strongest of the Phantom Troupe. He had the biggest raw aura. That doesn't actually make him a tougher opponent.

As an aside, after seeing numerous arguments, I'm pretty much convinced that Hisoka would be unlikely to beat a Royal Guard member. Maybe Youpi could be beaten, if he couldn't brute force his way out of a web of Bungee Gum. Other than that, I don't think we've seen anything that would make a victory by Hisoka probable.
Sep 19, 2014 6:31 PM

Sep 2013
TripleSRank said:
@NemeanLion: Just wanted to point out that Uvogin was physically the strongest of the Phantom Troupe. He had the biggest raw aura. That doesn't actually make him a tougher opponent.

Well that's exactly what i meant by being the strongest. Regardless of how many times Phinks revolves his arm, we can be certain that it'll be weaker than Uvo's big-bang impact.
Edit: Assuming he could actually trap Youpi in a web of bungee gum, and the gum could hold him in place, how would he actually defeat Youpi? I think he's durable enough to tank anything he throws at him. And let's not forget that he can morph his body into any desirable shape or form, can shoot beams of nen and of course, literally explode so range attacks aren't out of the option.
NemeanLionSep 19, 2014 7:45 PM
Sep 19, 2014 8:36 PM

Nov 2011
NemeanLion said:
TripleSRank said:

Well that's exactly what i meant by being the strongest. Regardless of how many times Phinks revolves his arm, we can be certain that it'll be weaker than Uvo's big-bang impact.
Edit: Assuming he could actually trap Youpi in a web of bungee gum, and the gum could hold him in place, how would he actually defeat Youpi? I think he's durable enough to tank anything he throws at him. And let's not forget that he can morph his body into any desirable shape or form, can shoot beams of nen and of course, literally explode so range attacks aren't out of the option.

Not necessarily. Phinks's attack utilizes a condition, which makes it more powerful than it would be otherwise.

Assuming Youpi was trapped in the bungee gum and couldn't escape, Hisoka could kill him via death of a thousand cuts: Think of it like Netero's normal hand attacks on Meruem. Hisoka's attacks might deal next to no damage, but that damage would accumulate over time would eventually grow large enough to kill Youpi.

Besides, if Youpi is trapped, couldn't Hisoka place bungee gum over Youpi's face and asphyxiate him to death? (Actually, that might work on the other RG too, but it'd be harder to pull off with the other two thanks to their En.)
Sep 19, 2014 8:41 PM

Jun 2013
The Chimera Ant seemed to give me the impression that no character could 1v1 a guard and survive, except vs Pouf since his abilities seem to be more support based.

None of the characters in the invasion seriously harmed any of the RG, except gon. Based on that I think that Hisoka/ Phantom Troupe would be able to deal damage but not defeat Pitou/Youpi.
Sep 19, 2014 10:12 PM

Jan 2014
TripleSRank said:
NemeanLion said:

Not necessarily. Phinks's attack utilizes a condition, which makes it more powerful than it would be otherwise.

Assuming Youpi was trapped in the bungee gum and couldn't escape, Hisoka could kill him via death of a thousand cuts: Think of it like Netero's normal hand attacks on Meruem. Hisoka's attacks might deal next to no damage, but that damage would accumulate over time would eventually grow large enough to kill Youpi.

Besides, if Youpi is trapped, couldn't Hisoka place bungee gum over Youpi's face and asphyxiate him to death? (Actually, that might work on the other RG too, but it'd be harder to pull off with the other two thanks to their En.)

That's the thing. It is very unlikely that Youpi wouldn't be able to escape from what we've seen of the gum so far. Razor and Gotoh's attacks are nowhere close to being comparable to Youpi's strength.
And even then if he simply causes an explosion, the cards would never reach him.
He can also grow multiple limbs to simply swipe them aside.
The possibility of Hisoka even lasting a long time against an RG without planning is extremely minimal to non-existent.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 19, 2014 11:25 PM

Jan 2010
As has been said, Hisoka's bungee gum wouldn't significantly slow down someone as ridiculously strong as Youpi. Also, I'm not entirely sure why most people seem to assume he is the only Royal Guard to be a complete moron.

As for Feitan's Rising Sun, we really don't know just how strong it can get. Does it have the potential to be significantly stronger than Zero Hand depending on the damage taken? Can it equal the rose in sheer destructive power? I find it unlikely, but it's difficult to say either way, so the possibility is open. Nevertheless, the point is moot since I doubt he would even survive long enough to use it if Meruem was fighting to kill. (it's worth noting that he didn't seem to go all-out against Netero because he wanted to know his name)
Sep 20, 2014 6:25 PM

Aug 2013
NemeanLion said:
Well this should be fun....
For my response, i'll be using pre-rose Meruem, bring his speed down to around Feitan or Hisoka's level and dumb him down to Gon's level

"Hisoka can actually kill Pitou and Pouf. Maybe even Youpi.
As for Meruem, do you guys think Feitan, Franklin or Phinks could destroy him?"

"100 spins from Phinks can rip Meruem...
If he's injured, Shizuku can absorb his blood..."

Uvogin was stated to be the strongest member of the Phantom troupe. His strongest attack was his big-bang impact. Kurapica took it head on and came off with just a broken arm(Meruem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kurapica).The power of Phinks's punches relies on how strong he actually is. Once he reaches his max, further revolutions would be pointless as he isn't omnipotent like Alluka (Nanika to be precise) pointless revs would only make his shoulder ache more. Even if we gave Meruem a human body which he could hurt, the overwhelming difference in their nen would easily cancel it out.

Let's compare Franklin's nen bullets to Netero's zero hand. The former made quick work of businessmen in an auction room and the latter made Killua do a 180 when he felt it's murderous intent from a great distance away. It also only managed to give Meruem slight burns. Franklin would much sooner gas out than he would dent Meruem.

Feitan got beat up by the likes of Zazan, who couldn't hold a candle to any of the RG and had to rely on his pain packer for victory. If Zero hand did negligible damage to the king, rising sun wouldn't even warm him up.

Shizuku'll drain his blood? How would they injure him in the first place? Even if we put him in a fictional scenario where he's bleeding, do you expect him to just watch his blood get drained?

And finally, the star of the show, Hisoka. One of the most mysterious characters. A very versatile fighter whose ability can be useful in most situations. So what? From what we've seen, his bungee gum wouldn't help him here at all and neither would his strength or durability. It took the combined efforts of Gon, Killua and himself to catch a spike from Razor. Had their teamwork been less than perfect, all three of them would've taken damage from the impact. He broke all his fingers returning a deflection from Razor and he could barely handle the rotation of Gotoh's coins. So tell me, what significance does his rubbery gum hold here? Will he subdue him by trapping him in a web of it? Throw cards at him? LMAO. His best bet would be playing cards with him and he'd still lose!

Let me just point out it was said Uvogin was the most PHYSICALLY strong of the Phantom Troupe.
Sep 21, 2014 5:41 AM

Sep 2013
Let me just point out it was said Uvogin was the most PHYSICALLY strong of the Phantom Troupe.

And so what?
Prefixing it with "physically" doesn't really remove or add anything (especially in that context) similarly as to why i need not say "The same exact reason (insert rest of sentence here)" as either one of them would do. Physical prowess is the most commonly used definition of "strength" and seeing as you managed not read my last post, i said that was what i meant!
Sep 21, 2014 7:00 AM

Dec 2013
Lynx_7 said:
As for Feitan's Rising Sun, we really don't know just how strong it can get. Does it have the potential to be significantly stronger than Zero Hand depending on the damage taken? Can it equal the rose in sheer destructive power? I find it unlikely, but it's difficult to say either way, so the possibility is open.
He was able to summon a miniature sun over a broken arm. With more significant injuries, I wouldn't doubt it could be a threat to Meruem.
Sep 21, 2014 7:16 AM

Jul 2013
Kuralchemist99 said:
Lynx_7 said:
As for Feitan's Rising Sun, we really don't know just how strong it can get. Does it have the potential to be significantly stronger than Zero Hand depending on the damage taken? Can it equal the rose in sheer destructive power? I find it unlikely, but it's difficult to say either way, so the possibility is open.
He was able to summon a miniature sun over a broken arm. With more significant injuries, I wouldn't doubt it could be a threat to Meruem.

if Mereum were able to damage Feitan it wouldn't be a broken arm or removal of a limb it would be certain death

he was limited in the fight with Netero as he was trying to learn his name without killing Netero
Sep 21, 2014 7:17 AM

Dec 2013
Yes, but if Feitan took enormous injuries, and was able to use the technique before dying, it may be a threat to Meruem.
Sep 21, 2014 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
i could see Feitan having a postmortem ability that would be pretty powerful
Sep 21, 2014 10:35 AM

Dec 2013
StefanHere said:
i could see Feitan having a postmortem ability that would be pretty powerful
Perhaps.
Sep 21, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
Kuralchemist99 said:
Lynx_7 said:

"Miniature sun" is more of a dramatic flair than an accurate representation of the attack's power though. If Feitan could really summon a miniature sun then he would have single-handedly wiped all life on the face of the earth. Plus he did suffer a bit more injuries than just a broken arm, that was only the point where he got really pissed off. But yeah, theoretically he has crazy offensive capabilties as long as he can keep himself alive.
Sep 21, 2014 4:13 PM

Dec 2013
Well yeah. I suppose "miniature" is the key word there.
Sep 21, 2014 9:49 PM

Jun 2011
cantius said:
Quite interesting how Hisoka was excluded from this arc

well i guess they have to try and keep him mysterious and he couldnt really do his half ass trying with the Royal Guard, but it would have been cool to see him at least kill some Peon that ran into him and started their supiority speeches with the wrong mofo.

I thought it was weird he didnt try fighting Razor but i guess he was pre-occupied with trying to "help" chrollo
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - Today

29 by AnIme_M1lfShaKe »»
6 minutes ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.