Aug 2013
Hi...

hmm I want to delete all Anime in myAnimeList
I want to rearrange again
I can not delete them one by one each time
hmm THANKs
Sep 14, 2014 4:48 AM

Jul 2012
The feature for deleting the entire list has been removed due to performance issues. Currently you have to delete every entry manually.
Sep 14, 2014 5:05 AM
Aug 2013
This is very difficult ..
Well, Is not there another way?!
Sep 14, 2014 5:07 AM
Feb 2013
Can't you make a new account? Then everything is 'reset'
Sep 14, 2014 5:09 AM

Jun 2014
lourenz said:
Can't you make a new account? Then everything is 'reset'

Yeah do this, its not like your using your account for much forum activity anyways
Sep 14, 2014 5:10 AM
Aug 2013
I am too lazy to open a new account xP
Sep 14, 2014 7:31 AM

Oct 2009
I made a script specifically for you.
First copy the entire script from here: link removed, then open this page: http://myanimelist.net/editlist.php?type=anime and paste the script into the address bar (if you use Google Chrome, manually type javascript: at the very beginning) and press enter. Please be patient because it may take a long time, your browser may even tell you it froze or script doesn't answer, but just wait, it will finish eventually

Mod Edit: Removed link to script.
LunaSep 14, 2014 8:39 AM
Sep 14, 2014 7:57 AM

Jan 2013
Wait ... why would you want to delete all the entries ?
Making a new account is probably easier anyway ^^
Sep 14, 2014 9:30 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thank you for taking the time and effort to make such a script, Serhiyko, I know you wanted to help users with this. However, in this case I have to remove the link to the script and ask everyone not to use and not to distribute a script that removes all entries from a list. The feature for erasing the entire anime list has been removed because it was too taxing for the servers. Users removing their entire lists with a script is a problem for the servers too and also defeats the purpose of removing the official feature. Using a script to remove ghost entries is fine because people usually only have a few of them. But the more entries need to be deleted, the more stressful it is for the servers.

By using this script you're also violating the Terms of Use (4. Use of Our Service):
[...] You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc. , that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Company servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser [...]

Crave bans IPs when people violate this part of the TOS and with the latest changes to the Incapsula security system it started to happen more often. Crave bans can last several days or be permanent and the MAL Staff cannot do anything about them. So please be careful with any (user)scripts that access the site a lot - if you are unsure if you can use them safely, please send me a PM.

As for the advice given in this thread to create a new account: the Site & Forum Guidelines specify the following:
V.5. One account per person. Duplicates will be banned and/or removed.

So please do not create a new account.

@Marhaba1Hello: I don't know what exactly your problem is with your list, but if you want to rearrange them you probably don't need to remove your entire list. You have 27 entries on plan to watch, if you want to delete them it shouldn't take long even manually. If you want to move many entries from one category to another one or do lots of other changes it's often helpful to export your list, do the changes in a text editor, and then import the list with your changes. What you can't do with this is deleting entries from the list, but it helps with rearranging series, scores, etc.
Sep 14, 2014 10:09 AM

Mar 2013
luna pretty much hit the spot. exporting the file, extracting it, editing it, removing/adjusting the content and then importing it back up can prove to be quite a fast method, even with a lot of content needing to be replaced/altered. if you will require any further assistance on the matter, feel free to pm me about it. also, do note that i've once had 400 series on my ptw list and have managed to reduce them to 40 approx in less than half an hour. i wasn't simply deleting them all over, but was actually looking at what might be useful to watch. my point is that although the work-load might seem heavy, it actually really isn't. once you get a certain tempo, selecting "edit" and "delete entry" or "change relation" can be really swift and fast. still, if you'd prefer the export > import way, as said, drop by and ask if you'll need any further help. :)
Sep 2, 2017 1:09 PM
Aug 2017
I want to delete all the anime I have in my watched/completed list. Is there any way I can do that?
Sep 3, 2017 12:26 AM

Oct 2014
ljz363 said:
I want to delete all the anime I have in my watched/completed list. Is there any way I can do that?
Did you read the thread or nah? It's not possible to remove your own list. Just read what subpyro has suggested and export your list, modify it and import it back again.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 13, 2023 9:51 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to Iizy
ljz363 said:
Did you read the thread or nah? It's not possible to remove your own list. Just read what subpyro has suggested and export your list, modify it and import it back again.
Bit late but how can i edit the xml file to remove an anime from my list? Or is it only possible to move things around that way and you have to delete them manually through the website?

I need to clear both mine and my brothers accounts and i only have my phone, don't really feel like manually deleting a few hundred entries on a tiny touch screen

More topics from this board

» Question about parental consent

AverageRiceFan - Apr 16

1 by CareBear »»
44 seconds ago

» On my profile I got the wrong number of total episodes/total time

GamiKhan - Yesterday

2 by GamiKhan »»
12 hours ago

Sticky: » Advertisement Complaint Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - May 22, 2016

464 by traed »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM

» How do you log out of My anime list on desktop?

Sunryft - Jul 28, 2023

7 by El_Kyube »»
Apr 21, 11:03 PM

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

1 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 5:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.