Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 14, 2014 8:20 PM

May 2008
PrimeX said:
what's with Doffy and the "D"? and who's Cora-san? damn cliffhanger.

Also curious as to why Doflamingo seems to get angry whenever Law mentions D.

Cora-san is a character I don't think we've met yet in the anime. He'll be mentioned in the coming episodes. If you really want to know who he is you can check the manga :)

You can start reading from chapter 730 to continue where this episode leaves off at.
Sep 14, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2008
Law vs Mingo is done very well.

MAJOR MANGA SPOILER BELOW.

But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 14, 2014 8:25 PM

May 2008
Zapredon said:
Law vs Mingo is done very well.

MAJOR MANGA SPOILER BELOW.

If they follow their 1 episode per 1 chapter format, then he'll appear in 2 weeks xD
Sep 14, 2014 8:29 PM
Jun 2014
Freakin epicccc!!!!!! Ahhhh lawwww i love u. Cant wait for more fights that arent side or filler ones.
Dem anime hipsters tho ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 15, 2014 12:14 AM

Mar 2011
Woah this arc has been slow paced, but I haven't minded it too much. But wow it just went crazy.

I don't think or hope Law isn't dead. He seems too important to kill off.

Can't wait to see where this goes.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 15, 2014 4:53 AM
Sep 2014
why does Law say : " the D will blow a Storm again " ! Is he talking about Dragon , the dad of Luffy :o !!?
Sep 15, 2014 6:27 AM

Apr 2014
Odrade1402 said:
why does Law say : " the D will blow a Storm again " ! Is he talking about Dragon , the dad of Luffy :o !!?

he's talking about Luffy, he said it too back in the post Marineford arc when he leave Amazon Lily after knowing Luffy had a connection with Rayleigh.
Sep 15, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
xSanox said:
HOLY SHIT WHAT

i have no idea what is gonna happen next. i expected the tourney to just play out franky and the fairies attack the factory and at some point everyone gather at the factory for the big battles to start, but now who knows

the franky scene was one piece at its best.

My sentiments exactly. This was a fantastic episode, best one in a while if you ask me. I cannot wait for next week's.
Sep 16, 2014 11:50 AM

Feb 2014
Favorite episode of Dressrosa
Sep 16, 2014 2:44 PM

Dec 2013
Finally, I can't remember when a One Piece episode gave me the feels.
Law is one of my favourite characters, but if he gets up after this It will be just stupid.
Sep 16, 2014 8:20 PM
Feb 2013
I must say, this must be the best animated episode of One Piece in a long time. Also, the title of the episode actually took place throughout the entire episode and not just for a few minutes. Am excited for the next one, that is for sure.
Sep 16, 2014 9:04 PM

Aug 2014
Poor law...... :(
Sep 17, 2014 11:40 PM

Mar 2012
DAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!

Damn you Doflamingo, I wonder how many episodes until your freaking ass is kicked HARD!
Sep 18, 2014 8:09 AM

May 2013
Noo! As unfortunate as I think it is, I think Law's dead. I mean, they made it a point to shoot him several times. Also, I feel like what Law said before he died (if he did) was a freaking epic set of last words.

I'm more curious as to how Doflamingo is going to sort this whole situation up.
Sep 19, 2014 5:45 PM

Mar 2010
Fucking Epic, I need to really marathon this.. I can't seem to be patient.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 19, 2014 10:57 PM
May 2013
A pretty good episode, Poor Law :( Epic fighting scenes from Doflamingo and Law 9/10 for this episode ^_^
Sep 21, 2014 3:54 PM
Jan 2014
OMG next episode!!! I am going to cry!
Sep 22, 2014 1:59 PM
Jun 2009
anime-cat said:
WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

IF LAW DIES... I can't even think about it...

Absolutely epic ending and I so can't wait for more of this arc!

Well apart from Ace and Newgate, we never saw any major character dying so I wouldn't worry for Law...
That's actually something annoying in OP, I never care when somebody supposedly dies because they don't... (Well I stopped caring after Conis' father came back to life, but I suppose I could have done it at Pell's)
Sep 22, 2014 2:10 PM
Jun 2009
PrimeX said:
who's Cora-san? damn cliffhanger.

I have not read the manga but it seems clear to me:

Law's crew is called the Heart Pirates, Heart in Spanish is Corazon.
So Law named his crew after that so called Cora person.
And since a few episodes ago he was all about avenging someone/something, and just before "dying" he names that person, we can assume that Cora was killed/enslaved by Doflamingo and Law wants to avenger him/her.
Maybe Cora was law's previous captain? Maybe Doflamingo attacked that crew, killed the captain and took some of the lower guys to work under him?
Sep 29, 2014 7:45 PM

Jun 2011
Skipped the 2 previous episodes for now, but damn was that a great episode! Loved it. Loved Franky's speech, so good!

Dellinger's voice, ehh.. where have I heard that.. Gonna check it out later. His crotch tho, the fuck.
P.S. Oh yeah that's Nitori from Free.

That "3 shots" is awesome. Law is totally outmatched..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 30, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 2009
OH YES! I am finally starting to remember why One Piece is still the best!
That was awesome!!! I usually don't like to say this, but shit is going down!

Can't wait to see Luffy beat the shit of Doflamingo!
Oct 4, 2014 11:39 AM

Jan 2012
Nice episode

It seems Law Know something about The Will Of D.

Nov 6, 2014 5:42 PM

Jan 2014
Great stuff! I can't hold back any longer.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 2, 2015 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
The better not go all Ace with us again and actually have Law die ;_;
Mar 2, 2015 3:22 AM

Nov 2014
LAW CAN'T DIE. LAW CAN'T DIE
Mar 6, 2015 9:12 AM
Jan 2015
luffy gonna go beast mode now
Jul 25, 2015 7:24 PM

Apr 2009
No wayyyy! It's too early for Law to die! X(

Who the hell is Cora-san? The only thing I could think of is the Heart Pirates because I thought the Spanish word for heart was corazon, maybe it's another person entirely?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 23, 2015 8:15 PM

Jun 2015
Ohhh it's on now doflamingo, you're done fucked up.
Feb 12, 2016 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
jeeesus nothing is going well for Law
Jun 22, 2016 3:25 AM

Jan 2015
Another great episode ;3
I Love One Piece <3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Aug 6, 2016 2:32 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa that's intense! But it's One Piece guys, of course Law won't die
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 14, 2016 2:11 AM

May 2013
Sanji looks like Shanks, with his little stubble, bandage, and shirt draped over his back lol

Law will be foineeeeee. He's gonna experience Oda's miracle survival skills
Aug 14, 2016 2:14 AM

May 2013
tr1ckst3r said:
Odrade1402 said:

he's talking about Luffy, he said it too back in the post Marineford arc when he leave Amazon Lily after knowing Luffy had a connection with Rayleigh.

Mostly about Luffy, but the generation with D in their middle name initial are always stirring things up, so in general that's how Law can put so much faith into Luffy-- bc of the D reputation
Feb 27, 2017 9:22 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Wow O_O Doflamingo killed Law!!!!
Sep 7, 2017 12:24 PM

Jun 2015
Law Law oh my god nooooo Law
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 17, 2017 2:29 PM
Jan 2017
Shit just got real
Dec 28, 2019 5:47 PM

Jun 2016
I wanted to mention this but I forgot to last time. Whereas Jimbei set up Luffy to be the hero of Fishman island, he truly did fight the antagonizers and did not take advantage of the people. There is a parallel there of Doflamingo becoming the “hero” of Dressrosa and taking advantage of the people. Also, it just hit me how crazy it is that Luffy isn’t really an underdog when it comes to warlords now. If he was the type to take that kind of deal he absolutely could.

Bellamy’s story finally continued. He approached Luffy with a knife in hand but he couldn’t do it. He dropped the knife and left. You see how conflicted he felt in the moment and afterwards he punched a wall showing how angry he was with himself. I can imagine how he feels, some idiot he probably doesn’t want to like, who beat him in the past, showed belief in him and friendship. Further, Bellamy went to the Skypiea so he already had to see the value of Luffy’s dreaming first hand and I think he’s begun respecting Luffy. All he wants is to properly join his hero Doflamingo, and this ‘stupid’ sense of conscience is stopping him from getting everything he ever wanted, it’s making him drop his second chance. And that is when we finally met Dellinger. He’s a proper psychopath, bullying Bellamy in a cute high pitched voice and being openly two-faced. Immediately I understood why he fits into this crew, he’s also part of the Diamante army. He stated that Doflamingo ordered him to finish Bellamy off, that he didn’t want Bellamy to follow him around. Near the beginning of this arc I actually wondered if Bellamy would see Doflamingo as an enemy and do so through a scene like Brownbeard learning Caesar’s true self. And, that’s what this scene reminded me of.

Law planned to hold Doflamingo off as the factory was destroyed, he didn’t care if he died because as long as Caesar was taken away and the factory was destroyed, Doflamingo would be dead and thus presumably Cora-san’s ambition could be realized. We saw more of his insane fighting which is always a blast, be it against Smoker, Vergo, or Doflamingo, being this onslaught of teleportation, cutting, throwing things around. This case ended up being a bit of an endurance battle, Law did specify that he needed to save his energy and now, with this suicide mission in mind, it makes complete sense. In the end we even got that awesome trick of swapping Doflamingo with an object in front of him to get a surprise attack. Ultimately, Doflamingo took Law down, only getting a cut on the cheek. In this absolute low, Doflamingo got a call. What I loved about this is that it showed more of Law’s gosh darn tenacity. It doesn’t matter if his heart is in his enemies palm, if he’s surrounded by an admiral and a warlord, or if he has no more energy for his power. He hangs on! The second Doflamingo answered, Law dashed in to stab him. Unfortunately for Law, Doflamingo shot out his knee caps, ready for such an action, but the spirit of why he’s such a fighter was there.

Doflamingo ended up speaking to Diamante, learning of Violet’s betrayal, and sending out the people who were intended to fight in the colosseum to defend the factory. Doffy and Diamante honestly remind me of cheesy lovers, “no you hang up, no you hang up” flirty stuff. Regardless what came next was key. Doflamingo made something obvious, Law can’t be using the Straw Hats like pawns if he can put his life’s purpose in their hands as he dies. THAT IS TRUST! And why would he trust Luffy so much? “Because I know the ‘D’ will blow up a storm again”. My first thought was that he simply meant Luffy, but I did question the importance of using “D” here. I thought as he’d seen Luffy in Sabaody, he’d seen Luffy in Marineford, he’d seen Luffy in Punk Hazard it made sense. Those are all examples of blowing up a storm, and from that, I took Doflamingo’s anger to be due to Law’s insolent behavior. Yet, he’s described Luffy as a punk before, as someone he is not worried about. Some have speculated Law meant Dragon by “the D” and perhaps Doflamingo would become enraged if Dragon had stepped in and hurt Doflamingo once before. That said, I doubt Dragon could help with the current mission of killing Doflamingo via Kaido so perhaps the first interpretation is more fitting for this cause. Otherwise, it could be neither, who really knows?

The navy spied on Zoro speaking to Luffy and understood their identities and that scene led to the group call. Everyone was able to clarify what was happening on their side, the coincidence of Franky befriending the soldier and Luffy befriending Rebecca was made clear, and it served as a battle call. Franky, having befriended the soldier, having seen the toys pain, having seen the Tontatta struggles, having heard of the fate Doflamingo inflicted onto Dressrosa, he is going to do far more than destroy a factory. He’s become the aniki of the nation and will fight for them to the bloody end, to do any less would be a disgrace. And Luffy got it. He excused Franky and let him do as he pleased. Franky is turning out to be quite the huge role this arc which is all I could ask for! And it was enough to inspire Sanji to head back and fight with the rest of them. Which, I understand, Sanji is the type to die for his nakama, but if Caesar gets stolen then everything Law did was for naught.

Then, after this heartfelt, inspiring scene which reminded us why we love Franky and moreover why we love the crew, Doflamingo cut Law from the bridge to the colosseum, destroying the freaking city. Then, as Luffy called to him, he shot Law while he was on the ground over and over again. It was brutal as all hell. When does such a realistic attempt at murder happen in One Piece such as knocking someone out and shooting them with a gun?! It was cold, it was fast, and it was ruthless. I do suppose Blackbeard has something to say about it though. Further, I had to wonder the reason he used a gun. He has bullet strings and wires that can cut Oars jr. into pieces. Was it some form of ritual, such as shooting him as a former ally who betrayed them? It was a super pretty gun too. Either way, if this episode worked as why Law and Franky are so rad, it also served for why Doflamingo comes off so strong, literally cutting off Luffy by executing his friend gangster style.

Lastly, I like the connection someone drew to Corazon, Cora-san, the “heart pirates” and a connection I think they missed, “the heart seat”. Was that seat originally this Cora-san’s? Even if not, the theory that Law started a pirate crew and named them after this Cora is strong!
May 4, 2020 3:08 AM
Apr 2020
Doffy has a problem with "D" and he's all pissed for real now. He was kinda playing with Law before and didn't srsly hurt him (i even want to believe Doffy has a soft spot for Law) but now the mention of "D" triggered him!! It's time for Luffy to be serious and stop fooling aru in the Colosseum cuz his ally juz got shot brutally in his face. And here comes the mention of the name Cora-san... one of my all time fav OP char... i am sooo ready to cry!
May 5, 2020 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
SerB3128 said:
jeeesus nothing is going well for Law

Lmfao, I was waiting for someone to say this.

It's just one thing after another for this dude.
May 5, 2020 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, when Trafalgar mentioned the Will of the D., you know he screwed up. ๐Ÿ˜‚ From the heavy shadows and details that were applied to his face, to the sound effect of Doflamingo’s veins. That was an indicator things were gonna get intense. Definitely a cool scene I watched ten times over.

prandtl said:
Noo! As unfortunate as I think it is, I think Law's dead. I mean, they made it a point to shoot him several times. Also, I feel like what Law said before he died (if he did) was a freaking epic set of last words.

Something I wanna say about the gunshots in the end. Trafalgar took three bullets from a pistol — a weapon that fatally wounds people. Guns are deadly, even in One Piece. I think it would only be natural for Trafalgar to die from it. I like Trafalgar a lot — as does everyone else — AND we all know that he’ll be a central character later on in the series (which is a spoiler that I think anyone knows about regardless) … HOWEVER, HOW does someone, even with Devil Fruit Powers, survive gunshots like that? Doflamingo, someone SO powerful, wouldn’t have used the gun if he didn’t think it would kill Trafalgar, right?

I’ve only watched up to this episode so I don’t know what happens next. But guns are the real deal, and I’d hate for One Piece to undermine them. That’s something I hate about One Piece. Characters get wound after wound, and face some very serious, life-threatening injuries, and yet they almost always manage to escape (in the end) unscathed.

If Trafalgar doesn’t die from the gunshots — which, we all know, he doesn’t — then how can we ever take any kind of weapon-inflicted injury seriously, again? Ugh.
May 5, 2020 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
ZackNero03 said:
I must say, this must be the best animated episode of One Piece in a long time. Also, the title of the episode actually took place throughout the entire episode and not just for a few minutes. Am excited for the next one, that is for sure.

Very good observation about the title. It's been pissing me off so much how irrelevant and insignificant some of these titles have been.

And YES. I noticed the same thing about the animation! When Law and Doflamingo were speaking on the bridge, the shadows were so heavy and the details in Law's expressions were more apparent than ever. This is most likely the scene you're referring to. I think Sanji's group on the Sunny was pretty fluently animated too. As was the sequence of Law falling from the sky.

I WILL say that all of the Dressrosa buildings being sliced up by Doffy's strings was kinda lame, though. That's some pretty lazy animation, there.
May 5, 2020 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Oh yeah...

May 8, 2020 5:20 PM
Nov 2019
the will of "d" will blow up a storm again

He told doflamingo he didn't like ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Mar 1, 2021 7:59 PM

Jan 2010
Why is Bellamy hesitating to kill Luffy? Luffy rooted for Bellamy once, and that was enough to make Bellamy give up his life dream of becoming a proper member of Doflamingo's crew? He's hesitating to kill the guy that beat the hell out of him and set him back years ago? Maybe Bellamy's never had anyone be nice to him before, I dunno.
Apr 16, 2021 11:41 AM

May 2016
Goddamn... Doflamingo just went through the trouble to knock Trafalgar all the way to the colosseum just to savor the reactions of everyone around when he does him in.

I really hope that he's fine but considering what's happened to Ace, another tragedy might be on the way.

Aug 8, 2021 12:24 PM

Jun 2019
Doflamingo doesn't like D, I guess.

Law...
Aug 26, 2021 12:06 PM

Aug 2021
The initial part was missing some good ost but the animation was quite good
Yea Franky is gonna fight with doffy but right now they had to do it nonetheless
Hoping Law is alive :'(
Nov 19, 2021 8:20 PM
Jan 2021
A lot has happened in this episode, I'm getting fired up.

Also, Franky's speech got me teary-eyed, that's a member of Straw Hat Pirates for you.
Apr 13, 2022 3:10 PM
Dec 2020
Liking the interactions between Franky and Luffy, those are veery rare. Franky is a real one
Apr 25, 2022 4:57 PM

Dec 2012
Okay, looks like Doflamingo is legit pissed now. Mentioning the D. initial must have really struck a nerve. That was just absolutely savage at the end.

In a way, I'm glad the original plan of taking down Kaido is off the table now. It felt too calculated for the Straw Hats & now it opens the door wide open for them to do what they do best - wreak havoc and leave the world flabbergasted.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 394 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 29, 2009

66 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.