Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2014 1:53 PM
Apr 2014
I understand you with that one should not review shows after just few episodes, that is why I am here.

but

I also see the other side:

1. even if only one episode: it tells you how this one episode was and I do think that even if just one or two episodes, if they were good, it means something for the whole anime in the end even if it was just a part of it. Sure one should mention, that one is reviewing only the first two episodes or something, but it would nevertheless tell us something about it
-> if good, that we should try watching it
->if bad, then if even the first episodes are bad, that it could mean really something

2.also there can always be people who have dropped something. And it is very interesting to know why people drop something and there can be really good reasons which can save my time when I read them (also the possibility that their review is not objective and might not be true kept in mind). I mean for example there are people who drop certain anime because they have a feminist view and did not like it or something like that. And even if just one or two episodes, I would like to read something like this.

This is nothing against this club or the opinion of this club and all members. I mean I am also here because I am thinking like you.

I just wanted to state my opinion and see your arguments and how you see "the other side".
NikeSawakoKobatoSep 14, 2014 4:29 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 25, 2014 4:42 PM

Oct 2013
In my experience the best anime I have wathed had slow starts. If Steins;Gate was reviewed solely on the first or even 4 episodes it would give the wrong impression of how good it really is. Chaos;Head had a wonderful start but then turned to utter crap by the end. 1 episode reviews are not helpful

Oct 15, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
''... reviewing even few episodes might be also good?''

It's never ok. No matter how you look at it.
Comic_SansOct 15, 2014 11:40 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 21, 2014 5:21 AM

Nov 2009
The point is that people should not be using reviews for that purpose. Sure, I get their reasons for wanting to express themselves, but they're doing it by using the site incorrectly. If a person wants to tell others how they feel about a show a few episodes in, they shouldn't submit a review to MyAnimeList; they should write a post or something about it somewhere.
Oct 24, 2014 3:34 AM
Apr 2014
I think for expample it is not the fault of the reviewer if the reader acts in a special way after reading his review. I mean we all can think that watching one or two episodes is not enough and can therefore watch an anime or not watch it anyway.
I mean for me it is no real problem reading reviews, where people tell why they have dropped something or why they dislike or like something after which episode even it is the first one. At the end there are always also reviews from all episodes I disagree with. I just mean that there is no right and wrong reviewing. Everyone can say their opinion and where is it better to tell than somewhere where Animefans can find it interesting. I mean even if the reviews of the one or two episodes are really not helpful at the end of the day we readers can think on our own!
For example there are animes one just drop after one or two episodes. And I would also like to know just why.
And if someone likes an anime just after one or two episodes than that is also interesting for me.
I mean I as a reader and animefan who can think, have not to act upon them and can know that this does not have to be how the whole anime is like or even how these episodes are like. Everybody has another opinion. But it is not wrong to give an opinion. I think the freedom to do it when you want and how you want (without stepping on other's rights), is very important.
Opinions can give us a bigger picture and can lead us to better alternatives or just can show oneself that it is fun that we have different opinions and that we have to respect that.

To sum it up, I just want to tell that at the end we ourselves decide which opinion or review we let influence us and so on and that reviews about just few episodes can nevertheless be interesting. And in the discussions about episodes there are opinions and forshadowing and all mixed and in the reviews if one shows that it is about only .... episodes why not?

I am in this group because I can understand what your points are at the same time. But somehow I tend now more to thought that we can profit from anything and that we can think on ourselves, The reviewers are not telling: you have all to think this way. They are just sharing their opinions. And it is in our human nature to be social and to share. And is it not nice that we can have so many different views? Or has anyone good arguments against my arguments? I am open to think about everything and am more undecided and just share my opinion with you.
NikeSawakoKobatoOct 24, 2014 3:42 AM
Dec 31, 2014 1:51 PM
Apr 2014
Hi, please could you remove this topic? I cannot. And I think I do not take my words back but I understand you and so I just want you to remove this topic I started please. Thank you :)
Jan 3, 2015 11:11 PM

Nov 2014
Just... no. First impressions are what the number ratings are for, if you must, which is why you're allowed to have yours counted after watching 20% rather than the complete series. /end.
Quality Queen.
Jan 25, 2015 1:03 AM
Jul 2014
No, you shouldn't judge anime just by first impressions. You need to see the full thing to see how it truly is.
Jan 25, 2015 7:29 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Isn't that what the forum is for?

Apr 28, 2015 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
There are episode disscusions for that and you can even rate each episode separately there ffs.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Recommendations?

MonokuroKinema - Jan 27, 2013

25 by Sa_Chan125 »»
May 20, 2015 5:43 PM

» Hanamonogatari

Neraizel - Aug 17, 2014

0 by Neraizel »»
Aug 17, 2014 7:13 AM

» "Why else would anyone write a review on something they haven't seen completely?" A SAO Review

Candor123 - Dec 21, 2012

27 by mericat »»
Aug 10, 2014 5:12 PM

» The worst 1-episode reviews you have seen ( 1 2 3 )

FutureArchitect - Jul 30, 2012

142 by ArbiterofWhim »»
Jul 15, 2014 6:11 AM

» I think we've got a NEW winner!

JimJamJamieJoo - Jan 30, 2014

2 by JimJamJamieJoo »»
Mar 6, 2014 4:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.