Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good momentum this episode. Seeing how they are going all out, I'm expecting a big climax after all the built-up at this point. I lol'd @ the OP song being around half way mark though.

Amara is pretty scary when he's serious heh.

Hopefully, this ends in a big climax without any big cliffhanger. I think it's possible even with all the Planetary Gears going all out now.
Sep 13, 2014 2:34 PM

Nov 2007
Those who are in his dream came to attack! Ex-boxer expressing his feeling about power is more important than feeling from his experience but lost by Teppei. OP after first half.

Then rest of the enemy team together. With "princess" 's power, that guy is cured. Eye-looking machine used one of them to explode one of the robot! Not only that, it is strong for Daichi's attack is useless.

One ep. left. and 26:10.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 13, 2014 11:23 PM

Dec 2010
It seems kind of OP that the Planetary Gears can be brought back even after their Ego Block is destroyed as long as their Avatars are still alive. But I'm glad for it because Baku was one of the best and I didn't want him to be the first to go. Lin I didn't care for as much so that's fine. Plus she "died" protecting Setsuna which is easily the most important thing in the series right now. Protect Setsuna because she is great.

So Puck was able to generate his own Ego Block? Now that the cocoon is destroyed, he's going to impose his will on the entire universe. Next week should be intense for sure!
Sep 13, 2014 11:27 PM

Sep 2013
Well, I liked the episode for the most part. However I REALLY didn't like how immensely cheesy their conversation was before going to Auberon. It felt like I was watching power rangers... which is usually how it feels with their conversations but whatever, it was immensely cheesy this time around.

Bugbear... Ugh you beautiful badass bastard... Your fight with Daichi was amazing, I kept going "FUCK YEAH" whenever you threw a punch. Bullshit that you were defeated by friendship-powered teleportation blast. At least you came back to life later... With bullshit revival magic but whatever.

I find it funny how the Planetary Gears just sort of come out of no where going, "Wanna join us?" there was no real build up to it, felt very cliche. lol

AND PUCK IS THE TRUE BAD GUY ALL ALONG... Didn't like how he just 1 shot Liban... Was her entire point in the series to save Siren? If so then that makes her a plot device... Hopefully she comes back somehow... Even if I don't like bullshit revives.

Overall though, the action was spot on whenever it was there. Before Puck showed up the action was really fluid and really bombastic, I liked it a lot. The Bugbear fight as I said above was particularly exciting and fun... Even if I was rooting for Bugbear(His mecha's design btw is bloody fantastic).

Been waiting for the last 2 episodes of this series because it was built up way long ago that they would be heavily action packed. Don't like how they are hinting that they will defeat the enemy with friendship-power though... That's probably how it will go down.

Also, Puck's robo-laugh is hilariously over the top and cliche.

Nitpick: It wasn't long but I really don't like how noticeable they made Hana's breasts... It was kind of distracting.
Sep 14, 2014 12:24 AM
Jan 2014
One of the better episodes most certainly. The pacing justifies that.

Not to mention the battle between Bugbear and Daichi at Hyperion. Look at the scale between Bugbear's Goodfellow and Earth Engine! It was like a clash of ideals really. Even if Daichi's ideal is kind of backed up by the power of friendship.

I'm glad they also explained the reason why Teppei survived that BPM shot from Daichi, back at Tenkaido.

I've gotta hand it to Bones though, Oberon looks pretty aesthetic, both inside and out. The action was very enjoyable too.

I didn't expect Amarok to make that offer, since they pretty much outnumber them in shear firepower. Goes to show how much the Planetary Gears are afraid of the Livlasters. As expected of Daichi, he attacked without saying a word.

Didn't like the twist too much. It was somewhat logical for Puck to be the main villain, but it destroys the purpose of the Planetary Gears, literally. His desire for wanting to take control of the Universe is just for the sake of it. Making him a cookie-cutter main antagonist, but what did you expect?

He also appears to be OP as hell, obliterating Lieban and Zinbalt with zero effort. Almost got Siren as well.

Judging by the size of his Ego Block, I'm expecting a very large scale battle... and a pretty rushed finale.
Sep 14, 2014 1:17 AM

Jan 2011
Well the two planetary gears with the least development were consumed by Puck, which explains why we didn't get a lot of story on them. I think based on the backstory that we have a self-sacrifice by bugbear coming up since he is the one planetary gear who actually formed a strong attachment to another human. As for the rest of them, I sort of hope that Moco and Ameru survive to go back to operating their food truck and following the sunset. I have every confidence the Mid-Summer Knights will all pull through.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 14, 2014 1:23 AM

Jan 2009
Puck is the final villain as foretold, but damn i wish Hana will not die next episode
Sep 14, 2014 1:48 AM
Oct 2011
Hal 9000 but with attitude.......
Sep 14, 2014 1:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The shounen combat dialogue was strong in this one. The cheesy lines sometimes just distract you sometimes from an enjoyable brawl.

So Puck will be final boss? Not really a surprise with what we know from it. The only question is why it didn't act earlier. Well, in any case it seems that he will be defeated by the neverending power of friendship next episode. But like j0x says above, I get the feeling Hana might make it. She might have to migrate to another dimension or something like that in order to win.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 14, 2014 2:09 AM

Apr 2013
so puck is the final boss, as most expected but not like this.

so the planetary gears were all used by puck under the disguise that he was being used by them.

sadly i feel that 1 more episode would have helped the series.

going by the preveiw way too much is gonna happen next episode to fit into 1 episode so i am preparing myself for a rushed finale

i do wonder how daichi is gonna defeat puck though, cannot see that happen in his earth engine unless it is a all penetrating livlaster powered mega laz0r

what was up with the op song in the middle of the episode? could have aswell used those 1:30 min for something else in the episode
Sep 14, 2014 4:03 AM

May 2013
Next time, I'll feel like cheering for Kiltgang when they joined Midsummer Knights.

And I wish they could have explained why Puck is like that, not just a one-dimensional bastard manipulator. They killed off 2 Kiltgang, I wish they gave them some developments at least.

Man, Bugbear was badass there! Thank God he was revived by Siren~ Last episode next week, at last.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 14, 2014 4:21 AM

Oct 2009
At least I hope that Hana will not die....
Sep 14, 2014 6:31 AM
Mar 2013
That Bugbear fight! I thought Daichi was gonna die!

To overthrown by an AI.....really?

Kinda banal.
Sep 14, 2014 6:37 AM

Jul 2013
I really liked this episode. it was kinda intense. first with the fight between bugbear and Daichi and later between them all. wasn't really surprised when Puck showed up. man he's got one hell of an egoblock now:0
that preview sounded a bit depressing though...
well I can't wait for next episode. I actually did enjoy this anime, kinda sad to see it ending next week.
Sep 14, 2014 7:19 AM

Mar 2014
Skullcrusher said:
At least I hope that Hana will not die....

If she die I will be furios !!
Sep 14, 2014 7:25 AM

Jan 2014
Ok this episode outdid itself in many ways. First Bugbear beating outdid pretty much any battle before, then Siren's resurrection outdid that, then finally Puck outdoes EVEN that. Holy Shit!! Puck went completelly badass this time around.

Excellent episode for the beginning of the end.
Sep 14, 2014 9:10 AM

Mar 2012
Finally, only one episode left!
Sep 14, 2014 10:07 AM

Jan 2014
SweetCoconut said:
Next time, I'll feel like cheering for Kiltgang when they joined Midsummer Knights.

And I wish they could have explained why Puck is like that, not just a one-dimensional bastard manipulator. They killed off 2 Kiltgang, I wish they gave them some developments at least.

Man, Bugbear was badass there! Thank God he was revived by Siren~ Last episode next week, at last.
Well they aren't exactly killed. Since Siren can revive them.
Sep 14, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. Sad the episodes I'm really liking are coming close to the series end. Well it looks the Planetery Gears and Midsummer Knights will be working together to take out the common enemy now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 14, 2014 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
I really liked this episode.

Puck is the final boss. Puck took out the two Kiltgangs so badly.

Midsummer Knights and Kiltgangs have to work together in order to defeat Puck.
Sep 14, 2014 11:54 AM
Apr 2014
It will be so cool if Daich died instead of hana lets hope!!!

Overall pretty good ep so happy i didn't drop it
Sep 14, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2012
I get the feeling Daichi is going to sacrafice himself. I think the pv and the dream talk with Bugbear foreshadowed that.

Will the Livlasters turn to the Planetary Gears now? It'd be nice if at least Setsuna and Bugbear could summon one, with the buildup they'd gotten in earlier episodes.

Hopefully they're able to fit every plot resolution into the last episode without it being too ridiculously rushed.
Sep 14, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
One episode left,thank god.

Puck=Final Villain

Honestly don't care if Hana or Daichi die (if anything I hope they do die).
Sep 14, 2014 3:18 PM
Nov 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I really liked this episode.

Puck is the final boss. Puck took out the two Kiltgangs so badly.

Midsummer Knights and Kiltgangs have to work together in order to defeat Puck.

I felt like that would happen but I was surprised it happened. I feel like the finale will be very good now.
Sep 14, 2014 6:59 PM

May 2014
Man, I love the design of the characters when inside the Kiltgangs

That final evil robo laught *¬*
Sep 14, 2014 7:21 PM

Jul 2011
Pretty much expected this kind of climax. The 2 biggest opposing forces will end up teaming up at the end to face a greater threat, very common trait when it comes to the mecha genre. Nonetheless, still a good episode and looking forward to the ending. ^_^
Sep 14, 2014 8:12 PM

Dec 2008
Puck does lie.

Is Hana going to have to die?

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 14, 2014 8:45 PM

Jan 2014
Kuruku said:
Man, I love the design of the characters when inside the Kiltgangs

That final evil robo laught *¬*
I love those designs too, and unfortunately they are not even in the website, F.U.C.K.!!!

Puck's mechanical voice is badass though.

VanishingKira said:
One episode left,thank god.

Puck=Final Villain

Honestly don't care if Hana or Daichi die (if anything I hope they do die).

He made himself a worthy final boss.
Sep 15, 2014 12:29 AM

Aug 2013
Sharp changes in this episode, the great villain appears, seemed a bit forced to present it now, just missing now all fight together against the great villain
But the preview of the next episode seems that the Blume to be controlled by the Puck and will need to be destroyed, which will Daichi? Will attack Hana?
Only one more episode, I want to see how all this will end ..
Sep 15, 2014 11:03 AM

Jun 2013
Never trust the creepy ball-shaped AI! 2001: A Space Odyssey taught me this.
Sep 15, 2014 5:01 PM

Jan 2011
I hope they reveal and explain a bit more about the livlasters, if they go with friendship defeating Puck, even after they've lost the boosted and the blume..

Unless Hana blows him out of the sky (space) on her own.

I wonder why the planetary gears waited until they arrived at the very core to make a last stand. They could have attacked together like 10 or more episodes ago, or at least know intercept the Blume before it enters the core. Why would you wait 'till the last moment? Given that they can restore the ego block, they could have attacked in full force over and over. Defending at the core did nothing for them.

The most logical explanation is obviously that otherwise, the final battle would be earlier..and that they never would make it. But thats bad storywritting.
Sep 17, 2014 5:34 PM

Apr 2008
I thought this was a great ep!

Even though it's weird as hell. A part of me was glad that Bugbear didn't die. He was a great fighter too. But then another part of me was annoyed that the egos could be replicated.

Puck is...I guess he was an alien A.I and found by Macbeth just like the children. Little did they know the evil/mischievousness behind them. Just like the myth.
Sep 19, 2014 4:56 AM

Apr 2012
Puck final boss!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 21, 2014 8:36 AM

Jan 2011
just when the Planetary Gears finally use their advantage of numbers...
Sep 25, 2014 7:50 AM

Aug 2013
So Puck is the final villain after all, does this mean we'll have to have a team up between the Midsummer Knights and the Planetary Gears to defeat what is essentially a massive cube? Although it seems kind bullshit the planetary Gears can come back so easily, I'm glad Bugbear is around again, he's the best one! A bit confusing how Puck has done all this so far but I'm looking forward to the finale
Nov 3, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2011
at first when the champ shoed up i was like BUGBEARRRRRRRR! why is he so good? seriously he is the most badass character in the show by far an he barelly got any screentime after he joined the bad guys an then he gets beaten by some teleporting beam?
i noticed how pointless the biker chick was, she never did anything an we didnt knew much about her
Nov 12, 2014 5:17 AM

Apr 2011
So puck is the final boss. Why didn't I thought of that? Still a good episode.
Nov 17, 2014 3:52 AM

Jan 2011
Puck installs his ego in everyone. The Earth would just turn into one giant orgy.
Dec 11, 2014 8:15 PM

Jun 2014
Puck is an OP troll.
Mar 7, 2015 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
In this case, the episode has passed with flying colors, although missing a single episode is hard to have an ending that fully meets the expectations that have been created in this circumstance, there being too little time to close the circle.
Narration pleasant, eventually Puck puppeteer who maneuvered all the strings from behind the scene, showing his true intentions at all; although not original in concept, the unfolding of the shares is still interesting.
Drawings and animations as always excellent quality, I'm curious to find out how close the story, the authors.
Jun 13, 2015 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
So Pac wants to assimilate everyone in the universe and he chose a cube form. What next? Start saying "Resistance is futile, Pac never lies?"

ReaperCreeper said:
Puck installs his ego in everyone. The Earth would just turn into one giant orgy.

Fucking himself all over the place. ^_^
May 24, 2022 1:23 PM
Jan 2020
As I stayed up again until 3:00pm just to learn that that they'll probably gonna pull another power of friendship bullshit like Star Driver. The preview even looks the fucking same.

Fuck this shit, R.I.P my sleeping schedule
RonninnMay 24, 2022 1:28 PM
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
So they finally managed to tie the two evils together.
About time really. I suppose the gears will have to bury the axe and work with Daichi and co.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

37 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.