Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2014 5:09 PM
Jul 2013
Holy shit, I guess I better read the manga for TG since a lot of you are saying so.

Next week is last episode! Damn can't wait
Sep 11, 2014 5:22 PM

Jun 2009
Well, it looks like I finally found a worst adaptation than DEEN'S Fate/stay night UBW adaptation.......okay that's an exaggeration. This is still pretty damn bad, though.
Ston3_FreeN7Sep 11, 2014 5:46 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 11, 2014 5:28 PM

Jun 2013
Waiting a whole week for the next episode for this will be tough.
Sep 11, 2014 5:28 PM

Oct 2013
Wayyyyyyyyy to freaking RUSHED. Like seriously it took like a week of torture not a day for him to get white hair. The pacing was good until this episode. I knew they would rush considering they only had two episodes left...

Welp, glad I read the manga at least, Way better.
Sep 11, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2014
[/quote]
Zeally said:
that was a pretty intense episode. Probably one of the best episodes imo

Please tell me you're kidding.
Sep 11, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
sansoldier said:
NeutralSide said:
Fucking garbage. I don't want to censor Curse words anymore.I'm pissed off.
This is Straight up insult to the original source.
Everything is changed and ruined for the worsts.
Most of all Kaneki's development is so Fucking ruined and What he's Hair turned white in one single day?
Holy Shit!
In the manga It took one week of torturing Kaneki for him to break down completely and There were Two Important characters(Child and the mother) that had a huge role in Kaneki's Development.
They were completely removed!

This anime adaptation is disgusting,Fuck I'm not gonna buy that stupid dvd anymore in the future.
Also they Literally changed every scenario in the Aogiri arc that everything is a Total mess.
Thanks for ruining Tokyo ghoul in the eyes of Anime only viewers!
Good job Pierrot!
Fuck I'm so angry right now I can't believe it.

Sadly, this is how I feel. I could endure the rushed moments from previous episodes since the studio had limited time to work with, but this episode ruined so many characters that it was difficult to enjoy the rest of it.

Indeed.Its seriously hard to enjoy an anime when you Know how Amazing the original source was.
I tried separating my views from a Manga reader and an anime viewer but its just impossible to contain my anger from this episode.
Also Fucking Amon has more Screen time than Kaneki and felt more like a Protagonist in the last episodes.
Fuck Amon,Where the hell is Kaneki's inner dialogues?
Derp.
One whole episode should have been dedicated to his Development.
I swear they are gonna cram Kaneki's Mental break down with Rize in the last episode and still Cram another truck of shit in.
Literally I can't see how are they gonna put all the Fights,Kaneki's Talk with Ayato(Ya ya Spoilers),The ending closure in one single episode.
We will see another Evolved form of Rush pacing.Even Rushed than black bullet.

Sep 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
damn it seems everyone that read the manga hates this episode since i didn't read it i can't compare the two but personally i really liked this episode
Sep 11, 2014 5:50 PM

Jul 2014
Icedout15 said:
damn it seems everyone that read the manga hates this episode since i didn't read it i can't compare the two but personally i really liked this episode

Well just finish the anime, then read the manga to get more satisfaction (and hatred for Pierrot, becauseweneedmoreangryfans).
Sep 11, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
Only one more episode, but finally Kaneki appears with white hair
poor Kaneki suffering much in the anime, poor Marude losing your precious motorcycle kkkk
I'm expecting a great ending to the anime, hopefully there is a good opening for a second season ..
Sep 11, 2014 5:51 PM
Aug 2014
AHHHHH THE WHITE HAIR! IM FAN GIRLING RIGHT NOW AND IM A DUDE! NEXT EPISODE IS GONNA BE GOLDEN!
Sep 11, 2014 6:07 PM

May 2012
Was just done catching up to the recent manga chapter yesterday and I was so hype on the torture adaptation. But it was pretty underwhelming after watching this. Well, can't help it since there are 12 episodes only. At least, the bike scene was hilarious. And the action scenes are pretty good. Just too rush (sigh). If there is a petition for a remake then I will definitely join in whatever it takes.. hehe.
Sep 11, 2014 6:14 PM

Apr 2009
Icedout15 said:
so did I. it was entertaining at least. I also didn't feel that it was too rushed probably because I have no additional content to refer to and I expected this as the fast paced action episode since it's already ep 11 of 12.

sadly, I'm not motivated to read its source material because I only read finished material.

and anyone petitioning for a remake is delusional. nothing makes this entire thing special to the point that it would get massively popular decades or even half a decade later.
Sep 11, 2014 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
aww.. i dont mind them skipping and going at the speed of light but the kaneki development really was handled poorly. kaneki's transformation is literally the pinnacle of this arc, or this story for that matter. im not as butt hurt as some, as i already given up on the anime. the manga will forever be a stand alone masterpiece imho.
Sep 11, 2014 6:55 PM

Jun 2009
argilium said:

and anyone petitioning for a remake is delusional. nothing makes this entire thing special to the point that it would get massively popular decades or even half a decade later.

Not saying the manga is or isn't "special", but how can you say it isn't having never read it?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 11, 2014 7:17 PM
Apr 2014
argilium said:
Icedout15 said:
so did I. it was entertaining at least. I also didn't feel that it was too rushed probably because I have no additional content to refer to and I expected this as the fast paced action episode since it's already ep 11 of 12.

sadly, I'm not motivated to read its source material because I only read finished material.

How can you deem the source material as nothing special when you haven't even read it. What kind of logic is that. And it's pretty popular with most of its Vols selling about 500K or above per Vol. Also add to the fact almost all the Vols rank in top 50 weekly.
Sep 11, 2014 7:17 PM

Aug 2014
Well, i can't really say what i think about the episode. I really didn't understand what the hell was going on throughout the torture scene, are these numbers that Kaneki spewed really supposed to have an impact? Kinda surprised this Suzuya's that strong, i mean he effortlessly cleared out a room full of ghouls with guns.

At last, the hyped up to oblivion by fans white hair appears. It better be something else, i'm also hoping Yamori gets what's coming to him, but seeing how he escaped his own torture, i'm guessing Kaneki's going to be similar.

Well, even though i haven't read the manga, this still felt extremely quick. Seeing how everyone's massively hating, i'm glad i watched the Anime first. It's not over yet, though.

4/5. I still feel very sad for Mado ;(
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 11, 2014 7:23 PM

Jun 2009
Maledict said:
Well, i can't really say what i think about the episode. I really didn't understand what the hell was going on throughout the torture scene, are these numbers that Kaneki spewed really supposed to have an impact? Kinda surprised this Suzuya's that strong, i mean he effortlessly cleared out a room full of ghouls with guns.

At last, the hyped up to oblivion by fans white hair appears. It better be something else, i'm also hoping Yamori gets what's coming to him, but seeing how he escaped his own torture, i'm guessing Kaneki's going to be similar.

Well, even though i haven't read the manga, this still felt extremely quick. Seeing how everyone's massively hating, i'm glad i watched the Anime first. It's not over yet, though.

4/5. I still feel very sad for Mado ;(

From what I remember, in the manga Kaneki is counting in an effort to keep himself from thinking about the pain.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 11, 2014 7:29 PM

Sep 2013
Maya24 said:
Zeally said:
that was a pretty intense episode. Probably one of the best episodes imo

Please tell me you're kidding.[/quote]

The action scene are great at least, I want a movie of the CCG taking down a SS ghoul ;)
Sep 11, 2014 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
Omg I haven't watched a torture of this caliber in any anime before. Only in maybe some videogames or some fucked up movies. Poor Kaneki.....
But man!!! that resilience of Ghouls is fucking amazing. Humans are like 100 times more fragile. It makes me wonder some times how the fuck Rize died by a pile little iron beams falling on her head while Kaneki has survived: several holes throu his body, Jason fucking destroying him in last episode and this episodes fucking torture...
"I'll become Hokage, and find One Piece... so that can kill all the Titans."
-- Guts Freecss
Sep 11, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2014
Tyrel said:
kedisiva said:
I couldnt understand what this guy did to Kaneki ???
He smells like Rize, he hates Rize.

Is that actually mentioned in the anime/episode though? And how would he know about Rize and Kaneki? Jason is supposed to be finding Rize to take her out.
Sep 11, 2014 8:30 PM

May 2009
Touka: *run run run*
*incoming attack!*
From out of nowhere, Nishiki. =_=

(~'')~ Was thinking we would see badass Kaneki this episode but apparently not. Well not much of him anyway.
Sep 11, 2014 9:17 PM
May 2010
Judging by the speed of manga, it would take weeks to develop. The anime feels like riding a bullet train lol. A lot of epic skipped scenes and inconsistencies. I like how Suzuya just appeared out of nowhere and not there was no mentioning of any leaders of the ghoul organization. And...wtf? The one eye owl was supposed to be the supreme leader, and yet the anime just assumed the audience would know that already? Fighting scene feels way less intriguing all those scene jumping. Is this specifically made for people with short attention span or what? At some point I honestly just wanted this episode to end already. In manga there were a lot of psychological warfare which the anime was not able to reproduce like how Kaneki decided to turn into beast mode. In anime, the transformation was only that one second. The ending was way too abrupt. How disappointing.
jimmy2027Sep 11, 2014 9:33 PM
Sep 11, 2014 10:12 PM

Jul 2014
I think the torture scenes will be shown in episode 12 .... Because Pierrot happy to randomize various scenes(you know ... the filler), and it also includes children and mothers in the manga

But, in the anime may be a pair of two people who deliver Banjou message to Kaneki ... since Jason smile at that time .... maybe Jason using those two to break Kaneki mental
Sep 11, 2014 10:30 PM

Mar 2012
I wonder if this was an original anime instead of being based off manga, how would everyone feel?
Sep 11, 2014 11:24 PM

Apr 2012
I had so high expectations but now I have to say, this anime isn't that good.
Sep 11, 2014 11:32 PM

Aug 2013
After watching last week's episode, I really wanted to start reading the manga but I thought "only 2 more episodes!" As a non-manga reader, this was a good episode though it feels a bit uh...too quick. Can't say rushed because I don't really know which parts are missing.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 11, 2014 11:32 PM
Jul 2014
What a joke! Wayyy too rushed
Sep 11, 2014 11:36 PM

Jul 2013
TravSavage said:
I wonder if this was an original anime instead of being based off manga, how would everyone feel?

If this was an original anime, they fucked up even harder since there's no reason to mess up all the pacing given that they're the ones writing the story. Also a lot of inconsistencies too though since these came from skipped/altered scenes, that's to be expected.

Tendou-kun said:
I had so high expectations but now I have to say, this anime isn't that good.

The event in ep 12 is the highlight and the turning point of the series, the one scene where all the epic fights in the manga starts from. But Studio Pierrot did an awfully bad job on the adaptation and the build-up to this point is all a mess which probably will make all of the things that happen after this seems like an asspull. Just start reading the manga from the first chapter up to this same arc which is around chapter 60+ and I'm sure you'll find it worth your time compared to this anime adaptation.

Sep 11, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
This is bullcrap. Total, complete, utter bullcrap. My goodness, how they butchered this manga it is inexcusable and unforgivable. First, it is impossible for your hair to go white in one night. Instead of being under stress, this represents Kaneki is in BADASS MODE because white hair is BADASS. Fuck that. There is literally no weight behind this white hair, so FUCK YOU PIERROT FOR THAT. Second, even though Kaneki was pussy in manga as well, as others said already he went under torture for 10 freaking days before change occurred. Also, fuck Rize and Kaneki inside monologue. Coz there is no need to see what is happening inside, it is only important that he has white hair. There was no need to show why he lived the way he did, why was his policy to "better be hurt than hurt others". No need to show his mother, his childhood, his growth into what he was. Next, where is that Okama guy, who is there to shut down Jason's hunger? Because fuck that guy in anime, he is useless. If they left out that much content, why did they bother to put him in episode 10 at all. Next, what the fuck is Banjo doing there? They will help Kaneki? It was their uselessness which put him in that torture chamber in first place. Also, while we are still there, fuck the escape and fuck mother and child who died in front of Kaneki, which was basically a trigger for transformation. Fuck that all. We will staple on white hair on Kaneki so he can be badass now. Of course, fuck Jason's explanation of how he was tortured to Kaneki, that had to be done by some character who has nothing to do with Kaneki's torture, so he is now only giving expositions for people who are watching this pile of shit. Also, if they bothered to squeeze that conversation, they could have at least spent additional 10 words to say what the hell does that countdown mean and what Jason's dark side really is. Oh God, how they destroyed this gold mine... I hate that fucking studio.
Dimitrije1606Sep 12, 2014 1:19 AM
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 12, 2014 12:04 AM

Feb 2012
This anime is a real piece of shit. So far it's my first ever 1/10 anime but if it redeems itself even a little next week I may bump it it up to 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2014 12:10 AM
Oct 2012
That was one hell of a mess.
The impact that Kaneki's torture had in the manga is completely gone. The only thing left behind is how sick it was. Without Kaneki's monologue its just awful. His development in the anime was trash and its not looking like it will even get close to redeeming itself.
It was total bullshit watching Banjou cleaning up his blood like that and being like "lol just hang in there a little longer" WHO THE HELL WOULD SAY THAT IN THAT SITUATION.
Kaneki's character received so much butchering, from both Yamori and the anime staff.

oh and Nishiki just came out of nowhere to save Touka. What even.
Sep 12, 2014 12:18 AM
Jan 2014
KanjiKano said:

Putting the poor adaptation aside...

THIS WAS SO EPIC MAN I GOT CHILLS

Yay! So they kept this scene! Can't wait to watch ~

It all ends when the higurashi cry.

Sep 12, 2014 1:22 AM

Jun 2013
so instead of going for two-cours and make one that would be in the top anime of the year they screw the maximum they can by going 12 eps only. if they don't include the scene where
this will be the worst adaptation i've seen beating the "non existant" F/SN done by deen
Sep 12, 2014 1:44 AM
Apr 2013
I wanted this to be a long running series, but this episode felt so rushed. Where was the runaway scene? The Kagune explanation? The meeting with Tatara?

If they think they could just make cool action scenes to make up for the material they butchered, they're sadly mistaken. Looks like this arc is going to end in 2 episodes at this rate.
Sep 12, 2014 2:30 AM
Oct 2013
TravSavage said:
As someone who hasn't read the manga, I enjoyed the episode .-.
Sep 12, 2014 2:31 AM
Jan 2014
This arc has been beaten stabbed, and clawed beyond recognition.

They keep shoving in anime only material to try and link everything up, when if they had simply followed the source material it would all be wrapped up neatly for them.

In my honest opinion,
The only positive thing the anime has done is speed up the translation of the manga chapters.

I've never actually loathed and anime adaptation before, but hey I guess there's a first time for everything.
Thank you kindly for your 'wonderful' work Studio Pierrot.
Sep 12, 2014 3:22 AM

Jan 2014
Kaneki has turned white haired! Will the next episode show his true ghoul powers D: I can't wait!
Sep 12, 2014 3:27 AM

Apr 2014
Yeahhh!
Finally, Kaneki tortured scene, but RIP to Kaneki's left eye.
Touka's finally going to fight her own brother but I smell cliff hanger,
at least Kaneki has white hair already.
Sep 12, 2014 4:04 AM

Apr 2014
GeassCrown said:

They keep shoving in anime only material to try and link everything up, when if they had simply followed the source material it would all be wrapped up neatly for them.

In my honest opinion,
The only positive thing the anime has done is speed up the translation of the manga chapters.

I've never actually loathed and anime adaptation before, but hey I guess there's a first time for everything.

Your honest opinion should be made into a slate and carved into everyone's homes.
Pierrot took one look on The original source and said "Fuck it!".
They didn't understand how carefully and masterfully Tokyo ghoul is.
Everything is full of Foreshadowing,Subtlety,Reference to previous chapters its a Gold mine and its border line Genius.
Who knew a studio could fuck Kaneki's development so badly that's beyond recognition and I don't even know if that's the Aogiri arc I seen from the original source.
Everything's a fucking mess.

Tokyo ghoul Chapter 66.
That's a metaphor to what Kaneki thinks of the Adaptation
"Gross,Gross,gross,gross,Nothing taste the worst,Disgusting"

Sep 12, 2014 4:05 AM

Apr 2008
NeutralSide said:
GeassCrown said:

In my honest opinion,

Your honest opinion should be made into a slate and carved into everyone's homes.
Pierrot took one look on The original source and said "Fuck it!".
They didn't understand how carefully and masterfully Tokyo ghoul is.
Everything is full of Foreshadowing,Subtlety,Reference to previous chapters its a Gold mine and its border line Genius.
Who knew a studio could fuck Kaneki's development so badly that's beyond recognition and I don't even know if that's the Aogiri arc I seen from the original source.
Everything's a fucking mess.

Tokyo ghoul Chapter 66.
That's a metaphor to what Kaneki thinks of the Adaptation
"Gross,Gross,gross,gross,Nothing taste the worst,Disgusting"

Pierrot do this all the time. I can't believe they still get work with the trainwrecks they cause
Sep 12, 2014 5:14 AM

Dec 2013
Noooo I'm starting to like Mado now ahah.
Sep 12, 2014 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
So Kaneki turned white huh,wonder what the last episode will bring.

Sep 12, 2014 6:06 AM

May 2008
Really hope they at least don't skip Kaneki's monologue scene... maybe they'll show it next episode but I'm doubtful.
Sep 12, 2014 6:28 AM

May 2011
I can't help but feel that Tokyo Ghoul is a mature-plated shounen anime. While the manga does look promising, the anime is not just heavily condensed in violence for a supposedly gory aniime, and I pity Nishiki for being the victim ALL THE TIME. Would like to see more of Tsukiyama and Renji action next episode. For some reasons, I'm reminded of Berserk with the torture scene. Saw that hair colour change coming.
Though I really hate those attempting to give this anime a low score just because it is a disappointing adaptation. Come on - comparing two different versions of a similar plot is extremely biased, justify personal condemnation for this show, don't you think? A steady eight is what I can give for now, unlike those who brutally give it 1/10 even.
grayrebornnhySep 12, 2014 6:32 AM
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Sep 12, 2014 6:41 AM

Apr 2008
grayrebornnhy said:
I can't help but feel that Tokyo Ghoul is a mature-plated shounen anime. While the manga does look promising, the anime is not just heavily condensed in violence for a supposedly gory aniime, and I pity Nishiki for being the victim ALL THE TIME. Would like to see more of Tsukiyama and Renji action next episode. For some reasons, I'm reminded of Berserk with the torture scene. Saw that hair colour change coming.
Though I really hate those attempting to give this anime a low score just because it is a disappointing adaptation. Come on - comparing two different versions of a similar plot is extremely biased, justify personal condemnation for this show, don't you think? A steady eight is what I can give for now, unlike those who brutally give it 1/10 even.

If this didn't CLAIM to be an adaptation, I am pretty sure people wouldn't be rating it THIS low. When you start an adaptation you open yourself to being torn apart if you don't follow the source or if you make TOO many changes something which this anime is VERY guilty of
Sep 12, 2014 6:56 AM

May 2013
Wow. All I can hear from the torture scene was Ken's voice but I can't see what happened to him. They really tried to fit Aogiri with this facing? Rushed.

Also, Pierrot cut a lot of scenes from the manga replacing their own scenes.

I can't wait for Ken's badass appearance next week.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 12, 2014 7:08 AM
Jan 2014
Pierrot ruined! RUINED!! Tokyo ghoul.

Ep 12 better have some good action..

To anime only watchers. If you liked TG. I seriously reccomend to start reading the manga. The anime is 1/8th the epicness that is the manga. Its better to start reading now with the surprise factor still intact than to read it after ep 12.

It all ends when the higurashi cry.

Sep 12, 2014 8:09 AM
Dec 2011
Every time Amon says "Mado san" it gives me a gay vibe. Mado is a creepy psychopath.
Why like him so much ?
Sep 12, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2014
You know after watching this a second time I'm glad they removed the mother and child characters because
Sep 12, 2014 9:37 AM

Oct 2013
The art of making a masterpiece an average show.

Fuck the censoring,and fuck all the skipped events and development.

Like,why do u even adapt it if you take the most important bits in that arc out.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.