Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2014 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WAR TIME.

Lol, the episode felt sooooo fast. The rush is hilarious. It looks like Amon has a specific target in mind while gunfight gets between the two sides clash. Not only that but poor Kaneki ;_;. They better keep those scenes uncensored when BDs come out.

I think Suzuya's having way too much fun this episode on that bike tbh. Touka fights in her rabbit outfit which doesn't surprise me. Poor Nishiki...
Stark700Sep 11, 2014 8:39 AM
Sep 11, 2014 8:31 AM

Jul 2014
Wow. Gotta praise Pierrot for another "good" job! They totally killed every fan who were waiting for Kaneki's white hair transformation. And they stabbed Nishiki again. Why does Pierrot hate this guy so much?

I think the only thing I liked here was Suzuya's motorcycle scene.
Maya24Sep 11, 2014 8:49 AM
Sep 11, 2014 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
they cut out so much again...

seriously, EVERYBODY READ THE FRIGGING MANGA, THE ANIME BUTCHERED SO MUCH OF THE ORIGINAL MATERIAL.

anime is for me average, but the manga is godlike... especially post chapter 60... and then chapter 142 broke my heart...

EDIT: i guess i will edit in my spoiler what they all left out...

they changed the scene between mado and amon, also ayato's kagune looks awkward... also, nishiki didnt pull off an uchia and threw himself infront of touka... at least in manga...

start reading chapter 53 if you want, but i recommend start reading from the start

btw, manga to anime comparison:
juuzo's bike scene
http://bato.to/read/_/245187/tokyo-ghoul_v7_ch60_by_twisted-hel-scans/15
tortue scene
http://bato.to/read/_/245190/tokyo-ghoul_v7_ch61_by_twisted-hel-scans/10
for those wondering, kaneki got tortued in manga for multiples days (10 days if i remember correctly). the anime makes it looks like few hours...
UrekSep 11, 2014 11:07 AM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 11, 2014 8:35 AM

Nov 2012
huh its out?
animeultima fast pls :( :( :( :( :(
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 11, 2014 8:37 AM

Nov 2012
they skipped the torture part?
if not and its next episode, im pretty sure its cliffhanger and probably we will see stress white haired kaneki by 5 seconds XD
Sep 11, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
Them butchering the manga further might be better for us since it will increase the chance of a proper remake by another studio, just like FSN since the manga is selling like hotcakes now.

Sep 11, 2014 8:42 AM

Nov 2012
EasyGo-er said:
Them butchering the manga further might be better for us since it will increase the chance of a proper remake by another studio, just like FSN since the manga is selling like hotcakes now.

fate series is quite old and super popular, you cant compare it to quite new series like tokyo ghoul
Sep 11, 2014 8:42 AM

Dec 2010
They skipped the whole escape part and watered down the torture zzZZZ.
Sep 11, 2014 8:44 AM

Jul 2014
Ok , i was one guy who didn't mind that much thing that Pierrot did wrong (they were still annoying but ok) however , i can't help asking myself ... Are they retarded ? I think they want to complete the arc in 2 episodes . They are a bunch of morons , i hope they don't sell any blu rays of the anime . Can't wait for the day that i won't see any animes done by Pierrot .
Sep 11, 2014 8:46 AM
Jun 2014
Fuck pierrot.i'm going to wait for brotherhood version.
Sep 11, 2014 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
if not and its next episode, im pretty sure its cliffhanger and probably we will see stress white haired kaneki by 5 seconds XD

No, they didn't. Actually, it's not yet finished.

Sep 11, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
EasyGo-er said:

fate series is quite old and super popular, you cant compare it to quite new series like tokyo ghoul

Well, I'm saying this based on the manga sales. Almost all of the volumes are charting in top 50 week by week now with all of them selling around 500k. The only other series I've seen getting the same treatment so far is SnK which had double the sales than TG but that's understandable since the manga was adapted almost perfectly.

Arcanix said:
Ok , i was one guy who didn't mind that much thing that Pierrot did wrong (they were still annoying but ok) however , i can't help asking myself ... Are they retarded ? I think they want to complete the arc in 2 episodes . They are a bunch of morons , i hope they don't sell any blu rays of the anime . Can't wait for the day that i won't see any animes done by Pierrot .

Their main concern is to increase the manga sales, they did a good job regarding that. Though some other studio like Madhouse or I.G. should've take this and make a good adaptation of it from the get-go.

Sep 11, 2014 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
Seeing all these comments I'd better lower my expectations before watching it :(
Sep 11, 2014 8:52 AM

Nov 2012
Maya24 said:
ninjastarforcex said:

No, they didn't. Actually, it's not yet finished.

we got to see centipede-chan? nice.
thats more than enough
Sep 11, 2014 9:38 AM

May 2013
That white hair at the end there. A pretty good fight is about to happen with the one-eyed owl showing up.
Sep 11, 2014 9:41 AM

Aug 2010
CENTIPEDE-KUN WIGGLING LOOKED SO CREEPY XD Too bad they didn't show what Jason did with it XD...I wonder if the anime only viewers got what Ken's torture included? Cutting fingers and stuff ^^;

Tbh, this ep was pretty nice. Ofc we already knew they'll be skipping lots of shit and gave up on a good adaption so I actually liked what they kept ^^

Right into the action and the parts I wanted to see :3

Suzuya stealing the bike and poor Marude XD His reaction was lol

Tsukiyama saying he ate himself and he tasted good was lol

Dat cliffhanger though. The flying white hair >.<!!
Sep 11, 2014 9:42 AM
Jun 2014
So they aren't going to do second season...

At least suzuya's scene was pretty cool XD
Sep 11, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2014

Putting the poor adaptation aside...

THIS WAS SO EPIC MAN I GOT CHILLS
Sep 11, 2014 10:11 AM

Feb 2011
mashmell said:
Fuck pierrot.i'm going to wait for brotherhood version.

Yes. After like 100 years.
I'm so pissed atm. But hyped to see white haired Kaneki next ep.
Sep 11, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
Get me a fucking amazing 12 episode with Kaneki going ham , please Pierrot at least this and maybe after some time i will change my mind about you .
Sep 11, 2014 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Kaneki, he got tortured so badly by Jason.

It is time for a war!!
Sep 11, 2014 10:20 AM

Oct 2013
What do you expect? It's perriot.
They compress 55 chapters worth of story into 11 episodes
Of course they have to brutally butcher the original source

thanks perriot
"Burn the heretics"
Sep 11, 2014 10:21 AM
Aug 2011
Wait Banjou went and mopped up the blood, seriously? They even went and cleaned his feet...
That was absolutely awful, way to kill the immersion.

The torture was a complete physical and mental assault for Kaneki he was supposed to be there wallowing in continuous lonesome anguish, confusion, and pain but now we even had Banjou and the others coming in and telling him to hold on.
The point here was not to have any sort of positive interaction with anyone no matter how small said interaction was.

That aside, the art was better here though it almost felt like we skipped half an episode or something. Everything happened quite sudden.
R- said:
Well juuzou on the bike was pretty fun

yeah that part was amusing
standSep 11, 2014 10:39 AM
Sep 11, 2014 10:25 AM

Apr 2014
I know the adaption is poor but the action in this episode was top notch. Too bad they didn't show how exactly Kaneki's torture was but its not over yet. And did Amon actually see what I think it was???

Arcanix said:
Get me a fucking amazing 12 episode with Kaneki going ham , please Pierrot at least this and maybe after some time i will change my mind about you .

Since Shuhei Morita is going to direct episode 12 I'm sure it'll be better than the average episodes we've been seeing so far.
Sep 11, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
Since Shuhei Morita is going to direct episode 12 I'm sure it'll be better than the average episodes we've been seeing so far.

At least the directing in ep 12 will be comparable to ep 1 since these two episodes are the only ones directed by him.

Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
that end. I think Kaneki evolved
Aug 2011
supermox said:
So the Aogiri rejecting Ken scene was removed and we've got the Amon x Mado scene instead.

Based Pierrot.

The fanfic/doujin fuel for those two has to come from somewhere 8)
standSep 11, 2014 10:35 AM
Sep 11, 2014 10:34 AM
Jun 2014
i wonder why they want to keep CCG's part that much(also add some filler -.-) they should show about kaneki and aogiri.
Sep 11, 2014 10:37 AM

Feb 2013
Well juuzou on the bike was pretty fun
Sep 11, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
We finally got that white hair kane!! HYPE!! xD but i hate the fact that its a 12 episode series felt kinda rushed but still does the manga justice epic series cant wait for next week!!!!
There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!~Zoro
Sep 11, 2014 10:39 AM

Dec 2010
Animegeek1000 said:
We finally got that white hair kane!! HYPE!! xD but i hate the fact that its a 12 episode series felt kinda rushed but still does the manga justice epic series cant wait for next week!!!!
Hope you aren't serious.
Sep 11, 2014 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
Wait... ghouls are fighting with guns and getting killed by guns? I thought human-made objects couldn't harm them? By their (lack of) fighting skills you'd assume they're all newborn, they can barely fire a gun and are useless without one. Yet they all survived growing up. So much for superior beings that's been raised in tough conditions.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Sep 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
xytech said:
Wait... ghouls are fighting with guns and getting killed by guns? I thought human-made objects couldn't harm them? By their (lack of) fighting skills you'd assume they're all newborn, they can barely fire a gun and are useless without one. Yet they all survived growing up. So much for superior beings that's been raised in tough conditions.

it was skipped in the anime.

the bullets contain a coating of melted kagunes, therefore able to pierce the ghouls. the anime completly dropped this.
also they got different type of bullets for different types of ghouls (though they even skipped the characterization of them >_>)
on the first page of this comment section i posted what they all skipped...
UrekSep 11, 2014 10:54 AM
current LN reading:
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2014
xytech said:

You should read this
http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Q_bullets

It was already mentioned in episode 6
Sep 11, 2014 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
so much rushed... it really takes the weight of this arc away. this episode just didn't feel as heavy.

on the bright side, I didn't have to look away while yamori was torturing kaneki. because there wasn't like any visible torture.

I can't believe they skipped why kaneki was there in the first place?! I think knowing why makes it worse, because [spoiler] Kaneki volunteered to go through this so his friends would be ok... and his friends weren't ok
Sep 11, 2014 10:51 AM

Apr 2010
This cliff hanger makes me want to cry. How am I going to survive another 7 days now?

Alot of things from the manga were skipped. . . which makes me sad. I mean as to how Kaneki got there etc. Banjou ended up looking like a jerk who was just helpless watching his friend get tortured.

Most of the scenes were censored. I wonder if anyone even knew what that centipede did to Kaneki with all the black obscuring the view.

I'm going to cry now.

Tsukiyama was marvelous. I want more of him, but thinking that next week's episode will be the last is going to break my heart.
Sep 11, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
do the ghoul investigators have special bullets that can kill ghouls?

also, what is jason's objective? is he conducting some kind of experiment on kaneki to see if kaneki can also form a torturous 2nd personality? cuz i think that experiment might've been butchered (no pun intended) by banjou and his crew because they have given kaneki hope when jason didn't have any.

also, who is that dark haired woman fighting along with anteiku? i don't recall seeing her before and she doesn't talk
Sep 11, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
xytech said:

You should read this
http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Q_bullets

It was already mentioned in episode 6

maybe you should explain more... this one sentence dont explain to an anime-viewer at all...

Animegeek1000 said:

lol nope... it dont do manga justice... i seriously am considering to put this into one of the animes "which failed to do the original series justice". waiting 5-10 years for a brotherhood version of tokyo ghoul >_>

orchidork said:

also, what is jason's objective? is he conducting some kind of experiment on kaneki to see if kaneki can also form a torturous 2nd personality? cuz i think that experiment might've been butchered (no pun intended) by banjou and his crew because they have given kaneki hope when jason didn't have any.

also, who is that dark haired woman fighting along with anteiku? i don't recall seeing her before and she doesn't talk

check my comment before
current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2012
And also, this ep makes it seem like kaneki's hair turned white in a half hour at most. and he's been tortured for maybe 6 hours? ugh
Sep 11, 2014 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
orchidork said:

bullets are coated with kagune so they can go through.

Jason's objective is sorta wishy washy. mostly he's just a sadist and loves torturing people.

hmm, not sure who you're talking about.

read the manga though, this is like 7 action filled chapters in one ep. ;_;
Sep 11, 2014 10:55 AM

Apr 2014
warriorsftw said:
And also, this ep makes it seem like kaneki's hair turned white in a half hour at most. and he's been tortured for maybe 6 hours? ugh

They didn't mention it but in the manga he was tortured for 10 whole days by Yamori. Its a shame they skipped so many stuff.
Z4KSep 11, 2014 10:58 AM
Sep 11, 2014 10:57 AM

Sep 2012
Oh this episode was full of epic battles !
Sep 11, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2012
warriorsftw said:

what do you mean 6 hours?
its 10 days non stop insane torture of this
V
V
V

Dec 2013
THIS EPISODE DOE. God... the fighting was pretty fabulous. But compared to the manga itself, it pales in comparison. Though i did love the scene where Suzuya was flying in the air with the motorcycle and killing everyone so fast. I really think hes freakin awesome. (Something must be wrong with me).

Anwyays. Great episode >.<
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture

Jan 2014
Dear Pierrot, fuck you.

Yeah, the rushing is strong in this one. And they're butchering the torture scene as expected. Now it also looks like he was tortured for a bare few hours. They didn't even show centipede-kun in all his glory.
Sep 11, 2014 11:00 AM

Nov 2012
BeatzMe said:
Dear Pierrot, fuck you.

Yeah, the rushing is strong in this one. And they're butchering the torture scene as expected. Now it also looks like he was tortured for a bare few hours. They didn't even show centipede-kun in all his glory.

what? no centipede-chan?
Sep 11, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
Again. . . .Is anyone interested in just discussing the anime for what it is?

Comparing anything to the original will only leave you unsatisfied. I haven't read the manga, and I think this is epic.

You guys totally killed my mood. . .
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Sep 11, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
BeatzMe said:
Dear Pierrot, fuck you.

what? no centipede-chan?

They only showed the centipede very briefly, followed by Kaneki's screams. So yeah, he technically was shown. Didn't really like the way they did this though.

Sep 11, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2013
Crez said:

Comparing anything to the original will only leave you unsatisfied. I haven't read the manga, and I think this is epic.

that because they butchered such a good material... and i am seriously worried how they are going to end this.
current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
Crez said:

We do discuss it,but it can't be helped that it's pure trash.
You can't praise something like this.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.