Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 10, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah. Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I meant "the strongest enemy he will defeat so far"

And Magellan wasn't really powerfull, he was like Caesar clown, invincible without haki.
Sep 10, 2014 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder if Law and Doflamingo will get separate back stories or if the Law incident will be done as a part of Doflamingo's (if he does indeed get one). That could be an interesting way to do it.
Sep 10, 2014 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
dang dofla is one bad apple. though i agree with him destroying the whole world
Sep 10, 2014 6:54 PM

Feb 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:
rothrock said:
So, Jinbe finally sees the news of Law & Luffy. And did Fujitora just say.. what I think he said? Wow
Doffy's past.. he's fucked up

Well, not really. He was pretty much like any Celestial Dragon we saw till now.

Yeah, just so people doesn't get the wrong idea.
If he truly a tenryuubito, that kind of past suit him really well. It really acceptable. Even as far as saying he has the worst life, made him more despicable(in great way, of course). But his father truly a rare gem, isn't? "Living as a real human".

But i still didn't see Corazon plays his part. Really can't wait to see that.
Sep 10, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2014
Nice chapter. Doflamingo, you're average typical world noble. He's just the same as them, only difference? He's Badass. I have officially started shipping Sabo x Koala. Can't help but think Sabo and Koala is somewhat a replica of Luffy and Nami. And one more thing,
animelancer said:
Donflamingo, I won't start to sympathize with you.
Sep 11, 2014 2:00 AM

Dec 2013
It has been confirmed. Dolfamingo has narcissistic personality disorder
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 11, 2014 3:35 AM

Jun 2008
apachelsalvador said:
In three moves, Doflamingo has already the upper hand by himself. Just imagine what the fuck fighting against Kaido and his army will be.
This is probably the first time I've seen a Marine ADMIRAL explicitly choose to side with Luffy, if you don't count Aokiji, that kept his position ambiguous.
Dofla's an asshole, and his flashback does nothing but improve his villainy.

Fujitora isn't exactly siding with Luffy though. He always said he dislikes the shishibukai system so his more siding with king Riku. He can't kill Dofla by himself since he isn't allowed because Dofla works with the government but he can at least hope that someone else will get him out of the way.
Sep 11, 2014 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
I asked myself several times if that's all what Rayleigh has taught Luffy. :/
Sep 11, 2014 3:54 AM

Aug 2013
Behemoth11 said:
I asked myself several times if that's all what Rayleigh has taught Luffy. :/
I think not,Luffy didn't have a serious opponent to show what he learned imo.I hope this fight will show us something,not only for Luffy but for Zoro too.

Monad said:
apachelsalvador said:
In three moves, Doflamingo has already the upper hand by himself. Just imagine what the fuck fighting against Kaido and his army will be.
This is probably the first time I've seen a Marine ADMIRAL explicitly choose to side with Luffy, if you don't count Aokiji, that kept his position ambiguous.
Dofla's an asshole, and his flashback does nothing but improve his villainy.

Fujitora isn't exactly siding with Luffy though. He always said he dislikes the shishibukai system so his more siding with king Riku. He can't kill Dofla by himself since he isn't allowed because Dofla works with the government but he can at least hope that someone else will get him out of the way.
Blind Justice,that's what Fuji is.
Sep 11, 2014 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
This is weird. Luffy got G2 and G3 (asspull) in one day but after timeskip his skills doesnt change much. I know he has haki but still this is not enough for Mingo.

Timeskip = wasted time?

sorry bad english
Sep 11, 2014 9:31 AM
Sep 2014
Taito10 said:
This is weird. Luffy got G2 and G3 (asspull) in one day but after timeskip his skills doesnt change much. I know he has haki but still this is not enough for Mingo.

Timeskip = wasted time?

sorry bad english

I didn't dare to write that, but I must agree with you. In a relatively short period, he was capable to come up with and develop G2 and G3 but in two years all he achieves is the use of haki? I hope Oda has something up his sleeve to surprise us, because I just keep on getting the impression that none of them has gotten as strong as they should've gotten given that they've been training for two years.
Sep 11, 2014 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
Taito10 said:

Timeskip = wasted time?

sorry bad english

Eh...how was Gear 2 and Gear 3 an asspull... Oda explained how Luffy came up with Gear 2, he copied CP9's 'Soru' and as for Gear 3 he wanted to be a giant or w/e. Not really an asspull since both of those abilities are within the bounds of his Devil Fruit power. The reason it took him less time to come up with that is because he already had the physical faculties needed to do the techniques he just didn't know he could do that. That is he was strong enough to copy CP9's techniques he just hadn't thought about fighting that way before. His fight with Aokiji exposed him to the cold (pun intended) hard truth that he couldn't keep fighting like he had earlier. He had to put his life literally on the line, which Gear 2nd does as it is basically a steroid that overworks his heart.

I don't know what you mean by 'timeskip=wasted time' it wasn't wasted time they got a lot stronger. Had Luffy not undergone the Haki training he would have been defeated by the first enemy in the New World. Just because he's having a hard time with Doffy (who is suppose to be one of the strongest character in the series) doesn't mean it was a waste of time.
Sep 11, 2014 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Fullmetal89 said:

I don't know what you mean by 'timeskip=wasted time' it wasn't wasted time they got a lot stronger. Had Luffy not undergone the Haki training he would have been defeated by the first enemy in the New World. Just because he's having a hard time with Doffy (who is suppose to be one of the strongest character in the series) doesn't mean it was a waste of time.
Yeah, to even be fighting Doflamingo this soon means they jumped a huge amount during the 2 years. I think most people didn't expect to see him until sometime the end of the series. I guess some people just complain whether Luffy crushes the villain or whether the villain puts up a good fight.
Sep 11, 2014 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
jpem said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Yeah, to even be fighting Doflamingo this soon means they jumped a huge amount during the 2 years. I think most people didn't expect to see him until sometime the end of the series. I guess some people just complain whether Luffy crushes the villain or whether the villain puts up a good fight.

I just find it kind of funny since I always read complains about lack of fights, and now that they are actually fighting people are whining that it's an asspull or that Doffy is too strong. Some people will never be pleased.

Anyways, yeah I think Oda has handled Doffy really well so far. With all the hype the character has gotten since way back in Jaya. We knew that he would be one of the toughest challenges for the crew. This is just the thing we need after the lackluster Punk Hazard, which in my opinion was longer than it should have been. I would be disappointed if Luffy just steamrolled Doffy like he did with Hody.
Sep 11, 2014 5:24 PM

Feb 2014
Just because Luffy undergoes an intense training, doesn't mean he will become the strongest. Luffy obviously stronger, but Doffy also not a mean to be underestimated opponent. But, i don't think that is Luffy full capacity, Red Hawk is awesome but also didn't make him win against Hordy instantly, to think that Doffy will be defeated with Red Hawk alone is a disgrace to Doffy, which that Tenryuubito hated so much....Being looked down upon.
Sep 11, 2014 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
Fullmetal89 said:
jpem said:

I just find it kind of funny since I always read complains about lack of fights, and now that they are actually fighting people are whining that it's an asspull or that Doffy is too strong. Some people will never be pleased.

Anyways, yeah I think Oda has handled Doffy really well so far. With all the hype the character has gotten since way back in Jaya. We knew that he would be one of the toughest challenges for the crew. This is just the thing we need after the lackluster Punk Hazard, which in my opinion was longer than it should have been. I would be disappointed if Luffy just steamrolled Doffy like he did with Hody.
Dunno why I come to these threads sometimes as people are always complaining about something stupid. Everyone complains when Oda takes a break but when he just does a short chapter instead they still complain.
Sep 12, 2014 3:21 AM

Apr 2014
Taito10 said:

Timeskip = wasted time?

sorry bad english

lol. it's not like world time is stopped in those 2 year.
Luffy got stronger? of course, but it's not like Doflamingo didn't get any stronger or didn't do anything in those 2 years.
and knowing Oda, I believe this is not all Luffy can do. since there's no way Oda show SHC full power so early after the TS (FI, PH) maybe Oda will show us their full power here.
Sep 12, 2014 5:08 AM

Aug 2013
Taito10 said:

Timeskip = wasted time?

sorry bad english
I think that you overestimating(in terms of power) Doflamingo and underestimating Luffy.

Let's see the changes he had after time-skip.
1)He learned Haki,all 3 types and showed us a couple of his techniques.

2)He learned to control Gear 2,he activates it more easily,multiplate times,dosen't get tired and per wiki ''Thanks to this newfound control over his technique, Luffy now has the ability to select which body parts Gear Second will be active in, instead of having to activate it in his entire body.To perform any actions with this Gear, Luffy can now initiate Gear Second in the part of his body that he wishes to use and deactivates it once he has accomplished the task. Thus Luffy is now able to use Gear Second for his usual fighting style without using it on his entire body.''

3)He learned to control Gear 3,thus he never turns chibi mode after using it and per wiki (cause I'm to lazy to right this stuff) ''After the timeskip Luffy seems to have obtained better skill at utilizing Gear Third. Previously, Gear Third would increase the size of the majority of Luffy's arm, thus reducing the speed of the attack in exchange for a powerful impact. However, Luffy after two years can seemingly control where the air is stored within his limbs, where his fist becomes large and instead of the air being equally distributed throughout his arm, an equivalently large mass forms behind the fist. This allows a majority of Luffy's arm to remain as it is, permitting him to stretch it, thus allowing him to attack and withdraw much faster than pre-timeskip.''

I can easily say that against his previous opponents Luffy only showed a portion of what he can do so be patient and don't rush to conclusions.
Sep 12, 2014 8:26 AM

Jun 2012
People saying the timeskip is wasted, we are barely even into the fight at all xD

Saying all he did was learn haki is pretty stupid as well, you don't just learn haki, it's something you have to train, it's reasonable to expect he spent 2 years training haki and to still be under doflamingo's haki ability. How old is mingo again?

Of course Doflamingo is strong, that's why there is both Luffy and Law fighting him lol

Good chapter anyway, red hawk didn't seem to have much effect on mingo. Definitely surprised him though xD they still have a majorly tough fight ahead of them, he bounced back and slapped them both :D This is so hype, has been for a while now, so excited

Also, jinbei on the cover pages is making me believe it's not long til he shows up, maybe end of this arc, or near the end. I hope we see him soon.
jimbob1141Sep 12, 2014 8:37 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Sep 12, 2014 8:38 AM

Jun 2014
Luffy were planning to go up against people with 20+ years of experience, haki and overpowered fruits. So of course he needs a time skip to at least learn and train haki. Now he is just a little below the big fish in the new world. Without that timeskip the strawhats would get rekt so fast it wouldn't be funny :P.
Sep 13, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2007
I think this will be an instrumental battle for Luffy. Mingo recovered from his red hawk very quickly and countered with a deadly strike. If you notice Luffy used haki to protect against mingo's kick but when mingo used his armament it was stronger and sent him flying. This is the first time I've seen mingo use haki so he's not underestimating luffy anymore. He didn't even use it block sanji's full powered fire kick. I think its safe to say mingo has stronger haki then his second in command Vergo did...luffy will have to bring out techniques we haven't seen before from his "training" or like in his previous fights where he almost died he'll have to develop a new stronger power to beat mingo...we've already seen one of his strongest techniques fail to K.O so he's in a pinch now. I would be disappointed to see mingo beat by an elephant gattling gun or thor...this will be luffy's toughest 1v1 battle since his fight with Rob lucci and I'm psyched for it...mingo is living up to his evil and power. Luffy can also do it if he teams up with law but trebbol is still an obstacle...I'm happy to see Fujitora and Sabo are now neutral in the war and you won't see either of them showing up to interrupt the main battle..jimbei's on his way huh :)

P.S Zoro/kyros battles on hold..please stay on hold until flashbacks are over!
May 16, 2018 3:01 AM

Feb 2013
Let's see Doffy's past.
Oct 31, 2022 6:34 PM

May 2021
Seems like I under-estimated Doffy's physical abilities. Oh well, at least we will get to see the full extent of his current power.

May 9, 2023 8:13 PM

Dec 2022
damn, Mingo is straight up chaotic evil
really interesting SBS there too!
Feb 16, 4:32 AM

Jun 2017
I don't think Doflamingo's past is something sympathetic. The way I see it, he was already evil. Killing his father for being stupid.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.