Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 14, 2014 7:13 AM

May 2013
TKMike said:
Beelzebub and NGNL may be intentional comedies, but there is no reason to rank(IMO) Beelzebub that high(9) if you complain about Mahouka all the time. Beelzebub was strong in the first arc(comedywise) when Tatsumi Oga wanted to find someone stronger than him at Ishiyama school, but it became storywise worser and worser and the reason why it lost its popularity. The ending of Beezlebub was horrible and another reason why I can't take you serious anymore :P Especially when I've watched everything, but can't recall anything after the first arc, because it was soo weak storywise and comedywise. I dunno if you also ranked NGNL a 9(dunno want to watch your AMAZING profile), but that also isn't worth it. Except if you like more incest than Mahouka and fanservices(girls and bewbs)

Oh, so I am wrong with Mahouka, because you didn't like Beelzebub and No Game No Life. Good to know. Now there is no reason to treat you seriously.

Zapredon said:
Dude,your forget about Alucard. The true and perhaps FIRST EVER MCs that so Overpower,don't fight or care for justice and easily beat the crap out of everyone standing in his way. Tatsuya is so pale in comparison compare to Alucard.

Those were only examples, that came to my mind at the moment. Of course there is a lot of similiar characters not mentioned by me.
jakkubusSep 14, 2014 7:25 AM
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 14, 2014 7:19 AM

Aug 2008
@jakkubus

Please correct me if I'm wrong but does Alucard also has restriction on his power just like Tatsuya's limiter? Do you still remember?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 14, 2014 7:21 AM

May 2013
Zapredon said:
@jakkubus

Please correct me if I'm wrong but does Alucard also has restriction on his power just like Tatsuya's limiter? Do you still remember?

Yup, Integra took it off in the end of OVA and it allowed Alucard to summon all his souls.
Sep 14, 2014 8:21 AM

May 2014
MaskGT said:
Jeez so many haters. The topic itself says - Why do you LIKE this show? .. not hate.

Stop living on stereotypes for gods sake. We get a different character who is cool, calm and strong. That's perfetcly fine! I'm just sickly bored from whiny characters who fight for naiive justice, from those who can't even hold a girls hand or from those who get beaten by everyone in 80 % of the show.

Because as long as it's in the Mahouka thread they will not stop spamming hate post.For the love of God,title of the thread is why do you like this show? and some answered I don't.People seems to have low reading comprehension these days :p
Sep 14, 2014 9:08 AM
Sep 2014
It's not a great anime and honestly had very little redeeming features till the final arc of this season. That said I absolutely love watching it every week and consider it my guilty pleasure.

The discussion topic adds to that enjoyment when you revel in the main character being so ridiculously overpowered. I actually laugh many times during an episode when the main character suddenly reveals some completely new ridiculous move.

Has decent worldbuilding but lacks many details which is quite evident(skipped over from LN). There is no tension till the final arc and the first half is pretty much everyone fawning over the main character.
Sep 14, 2014 9:38 AM

Mar 2012
Le casual discussions over tastes.
Sep 14, 2014 10:22 AM

May 2014
Its the best anime I ever watched
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Sep 14, 2014 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
jakkubus said:
Beelzebub and NGNL are intentional comedies unlike Mahouka, which tries to be serious.
Also Tatsumi and Sora have at least some personality.
NGNL has comedy as one of it's genres but it is not a comedy anime. NGNL takes itself seriously sometimes such as the idea of humanity on the brink of extinction, Kurumi being sold into servitude and the idea of racism. Being talkative does not = personality while being quiet = no personality. Tatsuya's personality traits are quiet, humble, polite , intelligent, observant, protective, self - reliant. He also shows some basic emotions such as anger and happiness and it is explained why he doesn't show complex emotions. There is no explanation on the other hand as to why Sora only shows basic emotions and no complex emotions. So don't come with that BS that Sora has personality but Tatsuya doesn't, you just don't like his personality.
Sep 14, 2014 1:27 PM

May 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
NGNL has comedy as one of it's genres but it is not a comedy anime. NGNL takes itself seriously sometimes such as the idea of humanity on the brink of extinction, Kurumi being sold into servitude and the idea of racism. Being talkative does not = personality while being quiet = no personality. Tatsuya's personality traits are quiet, humble, polite , intelligent, observant, protective, self - reliant. He also shows some basic emotions such as anger and happiness and it is explained why he doesn't show complex emotions. There is no explanation on the other hand as to why Sora only shows basic emotions and no complex emotions. So don't come with that BS that Sora has personality but Tatsuya doesn't, you just don't like his personality.

NGNL takes some things seriously, but why would it have to mean that it isn't comedy? Care to elaborate?

About Tatsuya you are wrong. He is like robot programmed to always be right. He acts politely and humbly because it is more convenient in Japanese society. His inteligence is only informed, because he overcomes most of obstacles with brute force. He may achieve the highest score on exams, develop new magics and be master at tuning CADs, but he isn't acting somewhat cleverly. Also he may seem smart for you, because almost everyone else in Mahouka is retarded.

I don't get why Sora is unable to feel complex emotion in your opinion.
Sep 14, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
jakkubus said:
Beelzebub and NGNL are intentional comedies unlike Mahouka, which tries to be serious.
Also Tatsumi and Sora have at least some personality.

Sigh what the hell are you talking about basic emotions? complex emotions? Last time I checked emotions are simply emotions. Tatsuya hardly feel any emotions towards others except for Miyuki of course. As for all those traits you've listed most of them apply when he is with Miyuki as for everyone else welp he just comes off as stoic and flat.
Sep 14, 2014 2:11 PM
Jun 2014
jakkubus said:

Oh, so I am wrong with Mahouka, because you didn't like Beelzebub and No Game No Life. Good to know. Now there is no reason to treat you seriously.

Nice one bra, but you don't seem to get what I'm writing. I'm talking about the grades you gave those two, while those two are in fact not much different as Mahouka if we look at a quality of those anime.
Beezlebub went downwards comedywise and the reason why the ending was stupid to alot of watchers, just like the manga I heard by many, since the manga was even forced to end and something that I won't even be surprised if it also applies to the anime. And the anime was always not known for its story, yet you gave Beezlebub a 9, while it doesn't have anything that would make it almost perfect. About NGNL is something different, unless you gave it also a nine. These are the reasons why I can't take your comment serious, because the comment you writes about Mahouka being a bad/average anime does also apply to Beezlebub and NGNL(if it's a 9). A 9 is almost a perfect anime, but there's no way that Beezlebub is perfect (and NGNL), unless your score is really biased by something that those two anime has in common, while Mahouka hasn't.

Also to be more clear: I never stated that Mahouka was a perfect anime, but an enjoyable anime --> not perfect and not almost perfect, just enough for being enjoyable. The fact that you keep complaining about Mahouka, while giving Beelzebub an almost perfect score is something that can't be taken seriously. So why can't you take me serious, when I don't even praise Mahouka as much as you're grading Beelzebub or as how much you're hating Mahouka?? Do remember that these will also apply if NGNL is also 9. I'm still too lazy to look at your amazing profile.
Sep 14, 2014 2:15 PM
Mar 2013
i enjoy it
Sep 14, 2014 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
jakkubus said:
DrGeroCreation said:

NGNL takes some things seriously, but why would it have to mean that it isn't comedy? Care to elaborate?

About Tatsuya you are wrong. He is like robot programmed to always be right. He acts politely and humbly because it is more convenient in Japanese society. His inteligence is only informed, because he overcomes most of obstacles with brute force. He may achieve the highest score on exams, develop new magics and be master at tuning CADs, but he isn't acting somewhat cleverly. Also he may seem smart for you, because almost everyone else in Mahouka is retarded.

The main focus of the show is not just comedy, it isn't a parody show. DB, DBZ, One Piece have comedy as one of their genres yet they are not considered comedies the same thing applies to NGNL. If it was true then wouldn't every anime character act polite and humbly? Him being well read, analytical and strategic to me is basis to call him intelligent.The way he took down Ichijo shows strategy instead of relying solely on brute force.

I never said Sora can't show any complex emotions but that he doesn't (well when it comes to the anime, I don't read the LNs.)

Grimlokk said:
Sigh what the hell are you talking about basic emotions? complex emotions? Last time I checked emotions are simply emotions. Tatsuya hardly feel any emotions towards others except for Miyuki of course. As for all those traits you've listed most of them apply when he is with Miyuki as for everyone else welp he just comes off as stoic and flat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion#Basic_emotions http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/what-are-basic-emotions Basic emotions are happiness, sadness etc while complex emotions are embarassment, fear, guilt, disappointment etc. He does show happiness and anger (although any sort of dangerous threat towards Miyuki is the trigger for his anger) when not in Miyuki's presence so you are wrong.
DrGeroCreationSep 14, 2014 3:09 PM
Sep 14, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

Hey man I'm just going by the information that the story has provided if anything you should show this to the author maybe then he he could tweak Tatsuya's character so he doesn't have to be so dead pan just to prove that he is incapable of emotions. XD

If anything Tatsuya is only capable of feeling emotions strongly for his sister (which I probably should have stated at my previous statement sorry about the confusion) But when it comes to the other characters whether it's for their sake or their well being he just doesn't care or they just don't register as important to illicit an emotional response. Now that I think about it is a pretty smart move by the Yotsuba's to tether him to Miyuki, then again maybe not since Miyuki does not view them in a positive light.

At this point I'm starting to believe that Tatsuya is bi-polar, Well it's very hard to get a firm grasp of his emotional state. -_-
Sep 14, 2014 3:29 PM

May 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
jakkubus said:

The main focus of the show is not just comedy, it isn't a parody show. DB, DBZ, One Piece have comedy as one of their genres yet they are not considered comedies the same thing applies to NGNL. If it was true then wouldn't every anime character act polite and humbly? Him being well read, analytical and strategic to me is basis to call him intelligent.The way he took down Ichijo shows strategy instead of relying solely on brute force.

I never said Sora can't show any complex emotions but that he doesn't (well when it comes to the anime, I don't read the LNs.)

NGNL is a harem comedy series,you can't compare it to the likes of DBZ,OP,etc which are battle manga's with some comedy and NGNL is a bad rip off of Mondaiji which was published more than a year before NGNL.
Sep 14, 2014 4:46 PM

May 2013
TKMike said:
Nice one bra, but you don't seem to get what I'm writing. I'm talking about the grades you gave those two, while those two are in fact not much different as Mahouka if we look at a quality of those anime.

So when you are watching comedy, you evaluate it by the same criteria as thriller or horror?

Beezlebub went downwards comedywise and the reason why the ending was stupid to alot of watchers, just like the manga I heard by many, since the manga was even forced to end and something that I won't even be surprised if it also applies to the anime.

That is your opinion!

And the anime was always not known for its story, yet you gave Beezlebub a 9, while it doesn't have anything that would make it almost perfect.

True, Beelzebub has story on Mahouka's level, but when I said, that I watched it for story?

About NGNL is something different, unless you gave it also a nine.

I know, I know. It's another show, that you don't like...

These are the reasons why I can't take your comment serious, because the comment you writes about Mahouka being a bad/average anime does also apply to Beezlebub and NGNL(if it's a 9). A 9 is almost a perfect anime, but there's no way that Beezlebub is perfect (and NGNL), unless your score is really biased by something that those two anime has in common, while Mahouka hasn't.

MAL scores:
Mahouka: 7.76, Beelzebub: 8.04, NGNL: 8.74. Get over it.

Also to be more clear: I never stated that Mahouka was a perfect anime, but an enjoyable anime --> not perfect and not almost perfect, just enough for being enjoyable. The fact that you keep complaining about Mahouka, while giving Beelzebub an almost perfect score is something that can't be taken seriously. So why can't you take me serious, when I don't even praise Mahouka as much as you're grading Beelzebub or as how much you're hating Mahouka?? Do remember that these will also apply if NGNL is also 9. I'm still too lazy to look at your amazing profile.

Enjoyable, that's right word to describe Mahouka. It has a lot of flaws, but it is still enjoyable. That is why I am still watching it (though reading LN would be waste of time for me). But I still don't get your idea of comparing it to comedies.
And I cannot take seriously you because of your egocentric attitude.

DrGeroCreation said:

It is straight harem comedy and it was parodying e.g. JoJo.
Nope, because a lot of other characters' personalities are raining on their parade. It is Tatsuya, who is a robot programmed to never make a mistake.
Masaki was taken down due to PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity) and Shiba's plot armor. It was not Tatsuya's strategy, but Crimson Prince's mistake, which determined First High victory.
jakkubusSep 14, 2014 4:54 PM
Sep 14, 2014 7:01 PM
Oct 2008
Cupquake said:
Beast666 said:
Sep 14, 2014 10:35 PM
Jun 2014
jakkubus said:

So when you are watching comedy, you evaluate it by the same criteria as thriller or horror?

It seems that I was unclear before, so let me try it again. Beezlebub in quality as a comedywise anime is not any better compared to other comedy anime. Just like Mahouka isn't a 9 worth compared to other anime of its genre. If you disagree, what makes Beelzebub a better comedywise anime compared to others??

[quote]
That is your opinion!
Nice that you wrote this one too. Can you stop trolling then???

True, Beelzebub has story on Mahouka's level, but when I said, that I watched it for story?

No Beelzebub's story is not Mahouka's level. Don't want to discuss this, because I know you will troll more :)

I know, I know. It's another show, that you don't like...

Nice, stop trolling about Mahouka then :D??

MAL scores:
Mahouka: 7.76, Beelzebub: 8.04, NGNL: 8.74. Get over it.

Oeh nice, Beelzebub has an 8 and what did you rank again if we look at this score?? Also, why list this, since you can't really take MAL scores seriously..... SAO2 was rated 10/10 or 9/10 by alot of SAO watchers before the first episode was even aired.... And also don't forget that there are those who don't bother to change the score when they've dropped the anime after the anime becomes qualitywise worser overtime?? And in the end, 7.76 is a good score, so why trolling here??

Enjoyable, that's right word to describe Mahouka. It has a lot of flaws, but it is still enjoyable. That is why I am still watching it (though reading LN would be waste of time for me). But I still don't get your idea of comparing it to comedies.
And I cannot take seriously you because of your egocentric attitude.

And I don't get it then why you keep complaining/trolling about something that you enjoy to watch??? Also overusing the same statement over and over again, while having discussed with multiple users still don't seem to get you stop trolling. So I'm not talking about your opinion here, but your trolling :) About me compairing it with comedies, I hope you understand it by now, because I may indeed be unclear by what I've stated before.

Well, then we can both not take each other serious then and I even hope that you can get the hint why I even started this? ;)
Sep 15, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2013
TKMike said:
It seems that I was unclear before, so let me try it again. Beezlebub in quality as a comedywise anime is not any better compared to other comedy anime. Just like Mahouka isn't a 9 worth compared to other anime of its genre. If you disagree, what makes Beelzebub a better comedywise anime compared to others??

Why Beelzebub is not good comedywise? Because you didn't like it?

Nice that you wrote this one too. Can you stop trolling then???

It's hilarious, when you write it. :D

No Beelzebub's story is not Mahouka's level. Don't want to discuss this, because I know you will troll more :)

In case of anime Mahouka isn't better storywise than Beelzebub. Both of them have almost no main plot.

Nice, stop trolling about Mahouka then :D??

The pot calling the kettle black.

Oeh nice, Beelzebub has an 8 and what did you rank again if we look at this score?? Also, why list this, since you can't really take MAL scores seriously..... SAO2 was rated 10/10 or 9/10 by alot of SAO watchers before the first episode was even aired.... And also don't forget that there are those who don't bother to change the score when they've dropped the anime after the anime becomes qualitywise worser overtime?? And in the end, 7.76 is a good score, so why trolling here??

Using Mahouka fans beloved argument: "So what are you doing here then?"

And I don't get it then why you keep complaining/trolling about something that you enjoy to watch??? Also overusing the same statement over and over again, while having discussed with multiple users still don't seem to get you stop trolling. So I'm not talking about your opinion here, but your trolling :) About me compairing it with comedies, I hope you understand it by now, because I may indeed be unclear by what I've stated before.

Enjoyable doesn't mean flawless. Fact that infodumps are nice wont change, that MCs are flat, character development is almost nonexistent and story isn't shining.

Well, then we can both not take each other serious then and I even hope that you can get the hint why I even started this? ;)

Um, because of your fanboy butthurt? :P
Sep 15, 2014 2:23 AM

Feb 2012
I dropped both code geass and Kaze no stigma around 8 eps because they were pieces of shit. In comparison I fucking love this show.

Tatsuya is Japanse highschool kid Clint Eastwood with Techno-magical abilities, so fuckin gar. All of the spells have fancy effects and go wubwubwubwub. Beautiful girls, Juumonji is fuckin ripped, ninja counselor with big titties and eyebrows.
What more can you ask for?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2014 2:42 AM

Apr 2013
Onii-sama is OP!
Sep 15, 2014 3:03 AM
Jun 2014
jakkubus said:

Why Beelzebub is not good comedywise? Because you didn't like it?

Nope not saying that, but it isn't worth to be graded 9 is what I'm stating, since the comedy is no different from other animes that has lower scores. Beelzebub fanboy here maybe??:D

It's hilarious, when you write it. :D

Thanks, my joke is atleast as funny as Beelzebub right:D Will je grade me a 9 too :3

In case of anime Mahouka isn't better storywise than Beelzebub. Both of them have almost no main plot.

If that's what you're saying. Agree to disagree then, I believe that you've discussed this multiple times already and don't see a point to do it again ;)

Using Mahouka fans beloved argument: "So what are you doing here then?"

Uhm.. Reading forums to see other users opinion of an anime/episode I watch maybe?? I don't care about the grades at all and if you only look at the grades of an anime, then you're even more worse then you already are if popularity is all that matters. So you like watching Code Geass/FMA/Steins Gate and so on is because it has a high rating too right :D Talking about an own opinion here ;)

Enjoyable doesn't mean flawless. Fact that infodumps are nice wont change, that MCs are flat, character development is almost nonexistent and story isn't shining.

Hello, forgot to read the overuse a statement here when you've discussed it with multiple users already?? :D

Um, because of your fanboy butthurt? :P

I love how you're more buthurt than me, when I talked bad about your 9 grades Masterclass Animes ^^
But I will stop here again too, I see that your opinion is based on Myanimelist grades :)
Sep 15, 2014 4:26 AM

May 2013
TKMike said:

Nope not saying that, but it isn't worth to be graded 9 is what I'm stating, since the comedy is no different from other animes that has lower scores. Beelzebub fanboy here maybe??:D

I found Beelzebub funny and that is my main criteron, when rating comedies. De gustibus non est disputandum.

Thanks, my joke is atleast as funny as Beelzebub right:D Will je grade me a 9 too :3

Nope, it was rather like Mahouka. So pathetic, that it's funny. :P

If that's what you're saying. Agree to disagree then, I believe that you've discussed this multiple times already and don't see a point to do it again ;)

You were the one who recalled rating story, not me.

Uhm.. Reading forums to see other users opinion of an anime/episode I watch maybe?? I don't care about the grades at all and if you only look at the grades of an anime, then you're even more worse then you already are if popularity is all that matters. So you like watching Code Geass/FMA/Steins Gate and so on is because it has a high rating too right :D Talking about an own opinion here ;)

And then going to holy crusade, because someone here dare to have different taste than you. I recalled MAL score, because you were ex cathedra stating, that "Beezlebub went downwards comedywise and the reason why the ending was stupid to alot of watchers". Who were you reffering to??

Hello, forgot to read the overuse a statement here when you've discussed it with multiple users already?? :D

Because those statements are still true and actual. Neither MCs nor other characters nor the story have developed for now.

I love how you're more buthurt than me, when I talked bad about your 9 grades Masterclass Animes ^^
But I will stop here again too, I see that your opinion is based on Myanimelist grades :)

I just wonder what are you trying to accomplish by pulling someone's tastes as argumentum ad personam?
jakkubusSep 15, 2014 4:38 AM
Sep 15, 2014 4:58 AM

Feb 2009
best anime i've seen in a long time. it pleases me greatly to see all the jimmies rustling.
Sep 15, 2014 2:18 PM
Jun 2014
jakkubus said:

I found Beelzebub funny and that is my main criteron, when rating comedies. De gustibus non est disputandum.

So something that is funny should be ranked 9 huh, nice to know that ;)

Beelzebub??

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have done that.

And then going to holy crusade, because someone here dare to have different taste than you. I recalled MAL score, because you were ex cathedra stating, that "Beezlebub went downwards comedywise and the reason why the ending was stupid to alot of watchers". Who were you reffering to??

Kugh, kugh. Only went into "Holy Crusade" because of your troll/hate skills all the time and started to try it too, but can't do it as well as you :( How do you keep doing it, because it's starting to become really boring already....
I believe I already explained the reason?? It even seems that the forum doesn't exist anymore on the SAO 2 thread to show you why this whole MAL ranking is basicly BS because of someone that has screen captured that what I mentioned before that the majority ranked something that wasn't even aired a 10 already. Also I believe that nothing is contradicting with what I'm stating.

In fact, I believe that I've stated it before multiple times already. I never said that Beelzebub is bad because of my personal tastes and others, but bad to be not 9 worthy lawl.... In fact, I believe that I've stated that Beelzebub is around Mahouka and you simply started to disagree with me, while the MAL seems to prove even more my point, while the ranking is really invalid if you want to use it at a discussion...

Try to use mathematic. The difference between the rating of Mahouka and Beelzebub is way more less than the difference between your SUPERIOR rating skills and Beelzebub MAL rating. So why is mine invalid in anyway?? I just stated multiple times already that Beelzebub is qualitywise around the same as Mahouka compare to other genres and not 9 worthy, just like Mahouka itself. I however never stated that Beelzebub should be a 5 or something, because I didn't like it. I simply stated that Beelzebub is far from perfect or almost perfect and a reason that I can't take your opinion/ratings serious, because you rated something like Beelzebub to be almost perfect while complaining something about Mahouka that's qualitywise the same and not that different from their own genre. About that last part, other people that doesn't use MAL maybe genius???????????????????????????

Because those statements are still true and actual. Neither MCs nor other characters nor the story have developed for now.

Ow, I'm not talking about that, but your genius way of saying JAPAN IS SUPERIOR and CHINESE are MORONS in MAHOUKA and other things. Even your signature is a desperate way to get your point done XD

I just wonder what are you trying to accomplish by pulling someone's tastes as argumentum ad personam?

Nothing, am bored already for along time. But want to let you see that the things you're doing is annoying :) This is really my last comment, because it's starting to get not funny at all and am amazed how you can keep doing it O.o So reply if you want to reply, keep in mind that your reply will be ignored :)
TKMikeSep 15, 2014 2:22 PM
Sep 15, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2014
pillsbury15 said:
Cupquake said:
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Sep 15, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2013
It's kind of a guilty pleasure.
Sep 16, 2014 5:10 AM

May 2013
TKMike said:
jakkubus said:

So something that is funny should be ranked 9 huh, nice to know that ;)

Beelzebub??

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have done that.

Kugh, kugh. Only went into "Holy Crusade" because of your troll/hate skills all the time and started to try it too, but can't do it as well as you :( How do you keep doing it, because it's starting to become really boring already....
I believe I already explained the reason?? It even seems that the forum doesn't exist anymore on the SAO 2 thread to show you why this whole MAL ranking is basicly BS because of someone that has screen captured that what I mentioned before that the majority ranked something that wasn't even aired a 10 already. Also I believe that nothing is contradicting with what I'm stating.

In fact, I believe that I've stated it before multiple times already. I never said that Beelzebub is bad because of my personal tastes and others, but bad to be not 9 worthy lawl.... In fact, I believe that I've stated that Beelzebub is around Mahouka and you simply started to disagree with me, while the MAL seems to prove even more my point, while the ranking is really invalid if you want to use it at a discussion...

Try to use mathematic. The difference between the rating of Mahouka and Beelzebub is way more less than the difference between your SUPERIOR rating skills and Beelzebub MAL rating. So why is mine invalid in anyway?? I just stated multiple times already that Beelzebub is qualitywise around the same as Mahouka compare to other genres and not 9 worthy, just like Mahouka itself. I however never stated that Beelzebub should be a 5 or something, because I didn't like it. I simply stated that Beelzebub is far from perfect or almost perfect and a reason that I can't take your opinion/ratings serious, because you rated something like Beelzebub to be almost perfect while complaining something about Mahouka that's qualitywise the same and not that different from their own genre. About that last part, other people that doesn't use MAL maybe genius???????????????????????????

Ow, I'm not talking about that, but your genius way of saying JAPAN IS SUPERIOR and CHINESE are MORONS in MAHOUKA and other things. Even your signature is a desperate way to get your point done XD

Nothing, am bored already for along time. But want to let you see that the things you're doing is annoying :) This is really my last comment, because it's starting to get not funny at all and am amazed how you can keep doing it O.o So reply if you want to reply, keep in mind that your reply will be ignored :)

You are right only about one thing, as troll you are lame. And you were not even annoying.
If you want to know, I liked Beelzebub for humor and characters. Of course it is similiar to Mahouka in some ways, but former one is played for laughs, when MKnR is completely serious. It makes difference. EOT
Sep 16, 2014 8:27 AM

Dec 2013
forgiuse said:
MaskGT said:
Stop living on stereotypes for gods sake. We get a different character who is cool, calm and strong. That's perfetcly fine! I'm just sickly bored from whiny characters who fight for naiive justice, from those who can't even hold a girls hand or from those who get beaten by everyone in 80 % of the show.

I laughed.

:DDD ''cool, calm, and strong'' :DDD OMG I almost died from laughter. :D Maybe then you like Kirito, so calm, so strong, chick magnet. Idaho, from Alnoah.Zero is also a nice catch. Cool, calm, ain't no friend's death gonna make him move even one muscle on his face. Top notch characters 100/10.

If you seriously think that you got different character and you like it more then characters who go through something called character development, have to overcome some problems, change for the better, etc. well... I got nothing to say to you then.
Sep 16, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2011
I watch for OP Onii-sama.
Sep 16, 2014 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
I'm watching to see Tatsuya bang Miyuki and have her scream ~Onii-sama!!!~ otherwise I'll see if he's going to bang any other girl and give them an explosive burst the likes of which mankind has never seen. XD
Sep 16, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Grimlokk said:
I'm watching to see Tatsuya bang Miyuki and have her scream ~Onii-sama!!!~ otherwise I'll see if he's going to bang any other girl and give them an explosive burst the likes of which mankind has never seen. XD

I gotta admit I'm curious if the author will actually do it
Sep 16, 2014 7:05 PM
Oct 2012
ErenxMikasa said:
Grimlokk said:

Why is this an either/or question? Miyuki and Erika have already been locked in as Parvati and Kali, both aspects of Shiva's wife. Ultimately Honoka and Mayumi will fit in there somehow. If this series remains true to its roots, Tatsuya will end up with 4 or 5 wives. Which would put him on par with Erika's father.
Sep 16, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Why is this an either/or question? Miyuki and Erika have already been locked in as Parvati and Kali, both aspects of Shiva's wife. Ultimately Honoka and Mayumi will fit in there somehow. If this series remains true to its roots, Tatsuya will end up with 4 or 5 wives. Which would put him on par with Erika's father.

Yes!!!!! Now we play......The waiting game!!!!!
Sep 17, 2014 2:30 AM

Dec 2012
Well back before this started, the synopsis info made it seem like this was going to be a very typical harem set up where the setting is just an excuse to show off some indecisive beta male as the chosen one. Kind of like something from High School dxd. So my expectations were twisted into a pretzel with the greater emphasis on world building/explanations, the lack of a black and white caste system at the school, and Tatsuya not being some beta pervert harem hero.

But even with that aside, I'm finding the world building and magic structure to be surprisingly engaging. In most shows, the addition of magic serves as an inexplicable working of the supernatural so seeing it broken down to a science makes it feel like a more organic element of this show.
Sep 17, 2014 2:53 AM

May 2013
Grimlokk said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Tatsuya will never have even one wife. Why would he? He is totally impotent.
Sep 17, 2014 6:33 AM

Aug 2014
jakkubus said:
Grimlokk said:

Tatsuya will never have even one wife. Why would he? He is totally impotent.

But aren't you curious to see how that my actually play out during banging (his impotence). I always wondered how does a toaster even have sex? XD
Sep 17, 2014 8:03 AM
Sep 2014
I understand why a lot of people do not like this show. It is different from the commercial, shonen influenced, brain dead crap that comprises most anime today. Even most seinen anime is full of shonen cliche's and results in very generic characters and battles in most anime.
Mahouka manages to rise above this.
The author has given us a really well constructed an detailed world.
Tatsuya is a non generic character. He does not fit the stereotypes of current anime leads.
I absolutely hate the fact that when a main lead character is actually moderately tactically astute and can actually compete in terms of skill with his enemies, people complain about him being overpowered.
Why dear god must we always have main lead characters that are always being beaten half to death and winning with battles with 1 move all the time.
My blood absolutely curdles when people talk about the genius of shows like Tokyo Ghoul, which at heart are built on the foundations of the same old shonnen cliche's.
For anyone who does not like this show, just go watch the other 90% of anime which are "paint by numbers" cliche's and leave shows with class like Mahouka alone please.
Sep 17, 2014 8:13 AM

May 2014
great_k said:
I understand why a lot of people do not like this show. It is different from the commercial, shonen influenced, brain dead crap that comprises most anime today. Even most seinen anime is full of shonen cliche's and results in very generic characters and battles in most anime.
Tatsuya is a non generic character. He does not fit the stereotypes of current anime leads.
I absolutely hate the fact that when a main lead character is actually moderately tactically astute and can actually compete in terms of skill with his enemies, people complain about him being overpowered.
Why dear god must we always have main lead characters that are always being beaten half to death and winning with battles with 1 move all the time.
My blood absolutely curdles when people talk about the genius of shows like Tokyo Ghoul, which at heart are built on the foundations of the same old shonnen cliche's.
For anyone who does not like this show, just go watch the other 90% of anime which are "paint by numbers" cliche's and leave shows with class like Mahouka alone please.

Or just watch Hellsing and leave this shit in the dusk.
Sep 17, 2014 8:50 AM
May 2014
forgiuse said:

It is a while since I watched that series, but if I remember correctly I thought it was too "cartoony"
in lack of a better word. Iow, american cartoon style..which might be good for american cartoons, but
in my opinion, not really for anime. It is probably the reason why I don't really care for JoJo either.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Sep 17, 2014 8:51 AM

May 2013
great_k said:

You made my day. xD
Mahouka is not rising above anything (OK maybe above Mahou Sensou) and is also full of shounen cliches (like MC having harem and being "underdog", absurdly powerful student council or quite pupular incest trope).
Tatsuya as MC maybe is not typical for animes (though there are likes of him e.g. Ousawa Akatsuki), but for sure he is typical for fanfics. And rather poor kind of fanfics... Also the fact, that he is not Orimura Ichika, doesn't make him well-developed character.

konatachan80 said:
forgiuse said:

It is a while since I watched that series, but if I remember correctly I thought it was too "cartoony"
in lack of a better word. Iow, american cartoon style..which might be good for american cartoons, but
in my opinion, not really for anime. It is probably the reason why I don't really care for JoJo either.

I think he meant OVA, not the TV series.
Sep 17, 2014 9:14 AM
May 2014
jakkubus said:
You made my day. xD
Mahouka is not rising above anything (OK maybe above Mahou Sensou) and is also full of shounen cliches (like MC having harem and being "underdog", absurdly powerful student council or quite pupular incest trope).
Tatsuya as MC maybe is not typical for animes (though there are likes of him e.g. Ousawa Akatsuki), but for sure he is typical for fanfics. And rather poor kind of fanfics... Also the fact, that he is not Orimura Ichika, doesn't make him well-developed character.
I think he meant OVA, not the TV series.

True, Akatsuki is quite similar to Tatsuya (or the other way around), but that type is so far between that at least I prefer them when comparing them to most other male MC's.

Well, he isn't underdog in the usual sense of the word, but it wasn't falsely claimed (to the viewers) that he were.
He kind of is an underdog when it comes to what he actually can do with his knowledge/power except
for the military and being used by the family (I think he said he'd be lucky to get a level C license). It
isn't like he didn't pay dearly, and not by his own choice. He probably would've wanted to be intact
emotionally (and I guess physically, although that would probably be because of the same).

Ichika..ouch. I can't say I like that guy much.

I think I watched Hellsing OVA too for some time, but they lost me at some point.
It looked better, but I think they kept some of what I complained about.
konatachan80Sep 17, 2014 9:17 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Sep 17, 2014 9:31 AM

May 2013
konatachan80 said:
True, Akatsuki is quite similar to Tatsuya (or the other way around), but that type is so far between that at least I prefer them when comparing them to most other male MC's.

Most other male MCs? There are plenty kinds of them. Do you watch only ecchi harem animes?

Well, he isn't underdog in the usual sense of the word, but it wasn't falsely claimed (to the viewers) that he were.
He kind of is an underdog when it comes to what he actually can do with his knowledge/power except
for the military and being used by the family (I think he said he'd be lucky to get a level C license). It
isn't like he didn't pay dearly, and not by his own choice. He probably would've wanted to be intact
emotionally (and I guess physically, although that would probably be because of the same).

Tatsuya is underdog, because, despite his showy performances, almost everyone is still underestimating him.

Ichika..ouch. I can't say I like that guy much.

But both Ichika and Tatsuya are examples of moving to far in character creation. They are just on other sides of axis.

I think I watched Hellsing OVA too for some time, but they lost me at some point.
It looked better, but I think they kept some of what I complained about.

Well, for me it didn't look like a cartoon.
Sep 17, 2014 10:15 AM
May 2014
jakkubus said:
konatachan80 said:

Most other male MCs? There are plenty kinds of them. Do you watch only ecchi harem animes?

Hardly, I don't think there even exists as many of those as the number of series I've watched.
I've watched both ecchi and harem series, but they're not the majority.
Because of Tatsuya's shortcomings I don't label it as a harem, but a fake harem of sorts (no chance of "something" happening).

There are more than a few types, but most seems to be variations of the same old.
Btw, Akatsuki and Tatsuya type and variations isn't that uncommon in shoujo manga.
-- Lord fifth
Sep 17, 2014 10:26 AM

May 2013
konatachan80 said:

Hardly, I don't think there even exists as many of those as the number of series I've watched.
I've watched both ecchi and harem series, but they're not the majority.

But outside of harem animes that kind of MC you recalled is rather rare. Can you name some examples?

Because of Tatsuya's shortcomings I don't label it as a harem, but a fake harem of sorts (no chance of "something" happening).

Well, almost every harem anime protagonist I've seen is dense as brick, so this argument is invalid. Even though Tatsuya is impotent he has acquired a bunch of following and praising him girls.[/quote]
Sep 17, 2014 10:47 AM

May 2014
Again the question for this thread is "Why do you like this show?" not "why you don't like this show?" or "do you like or hate this show?".We already have another thread for bashing.You are just derailing this thread jakkubus :p
Sep 17, 2014 10:55 AM
May 2014
jakkubus said:
But outside of harem animes that kind of MC you recalled is rather rare. Can you name some examples?
Well, almost every harem anime protagonist I've seen is dense as brick, so this argument is invalid. Even though Tatsuya is impotent he has acquired a bunch of following and praising him girls.

I guess it sort of boils down to confidence and whether they behave whipped/scared of the opposite sex.

It appears it is easier to mention who's not (which I guess is one of the downsides with watching alot).
Oogami Rei (in the beginning) and Kazuma is also similar to Tatsuya/Akatsuki.

That's true, but a harem where the main is dense as a brick there is still a chance as unlikely as it may be, which makes it a bit different than none at all. But that's really a matter of definition.

So far I like this series, although it had a slow start. Having read all the translated mangaseries
beforehand was probably a plus in that regard..not so much as the LN, but it helps.
-- Lord fifth
Sep 17, 2014 11:32 AM
Jun 2014
darkreaperix said:
Again the question for this thread is "Why do you like this show?" not "why you don't like this show?" or "do you like or hate this show?".We already have another thread for bashing.You are just derailing this thread jakkubus :p

He's known for that ;) He thinks it's an enjoyable anime, yet keeps yelling what he personally think it is bad about the anime in every thread and even go off topic all the time by doing it here or other threads that isn't asking for that;) I call him now: "The Glorious Keyboard Basher" :D
Sep 18, 2014 3:54 AM
Sep 2014
jakkubus said:

You made my day. xD

There are a few cliches in this series, I agree but they are peripheral.
This series avoids the key cliches of
1. Character suddenly enters a world of fighting where he may have potential but lacks experience and is always struggling as a result.
2. Main character always has to fight people more powerful and skilled and them.
3. Typical fight of main character getting pounded and winning with a single blow, or just simply losing (because a capable male lead is a no go these days).
4. Tsundere lolis.
5. Main character gets beaten by girls for "lecherous behaviour"

There are elements of harem anime here but this natural as Tatsuya is an admirable and capable person. Girls dont fawn over him for silly reasons like orimura ichika.
I also agree that the student council is overpowered. I can understand that members like Jumonji and Mayumi are strong because they are heirs to houses of the 10 clans and as a result are held to extremely high standards where they are simply not allowed to lose to their peers. However when even Mari was able to take on Lu Gonghu, one of the most feared fighters in the world, the series did lose credibility.

Tatsuya is generally not an underdog. He only uses the amount of power necessary to get the job done so to not draw attention to himself. Even with the current locks on his power his abilities are more than enough to overwhelm most opponents if he wished. The underdog tag would only come from people not knowing the true depth of his abilities.

Tatsuya's IS a very interesting character. He has many faces like his Ooguro Ryuuya and Taurus Silver persona's. We are constantly learning new things about him like the nature of his classified magic, the restrictions placed on him, the experiments carried on him in his past, and the effects that has on his current personality. Plus there is the fact that he will eventually go against his aunt, the head of the Yotsuba, which will be very interesting. Just because he is not an emotionally loud character does not make him a dull character.
Sep 18, 2014 4:39 AM
May 2014
great_k said:

Tatsuya is generally not an underdog. He only uses the amount of power necessary to get the job done so to not draw attention to himself. Even with the current locks on his power his abilities are more than enough to overwhelm most opponents if he wished. The underdog tag would only come from people not knowing the true depth of his abilities.

If I remember correctly, he was ordered (mainly by his family) not to draw attention to himself.
I guess that is why he doesn't allow things that would raise his status etc to be attached
to his name (such as inventions).

Whatever skills he might possess they're known to a select few, and his _regular_ magic ability would
at best give him a level C license according to himself (due to how they're measured).
So on the regular market he'll probably be a bit of an underdog, not that it matters much atm.
-- Lord fifth
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.