Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2014 11:14 AM

Aug 2012
YEEEESSSSSS!!!! The Mukami brothers are getting animated!!!! YEESSS! I'm so excited! Yuma and Kou >_<
Sep 6, 2014 11:27 AM
Aug 2011
YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!! Another 1/10 for my list.
Sep 6, 2014 11:32 AM

Apr 2009
This joke just won't die.
Sep 6, 2014 11:59 AM

May 2012
parfaited said:
YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!! Another 1/10 for my list.

I wonder how can anyone complete an anime and rate it 1/10. If this anime is this bad then why torture yourself and force yourself to watch it ?

I don't think you are honest with your rating

Iktoro99 said:
What's even the point of this?

1 extra episode for people who enjoyed diabolic lovers.
Sep 6, 2014 12:25 PM
Nov 2013
I don't know how to feel about this but we'll see more jerks that's for sure.
Sep 6, 2014 2:06 PM
Aug 2011
Now we just need the Pupa OVA and my life is complete.
Sep 6, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
OMGOMGOMG YESSS!!!!! :D:D:D:D I have been dreaming tat this would happen never thought it would bcus of the ammount of hate BUT HELL YEAH!!! :D:D:D:D ROLL ON 2015!!!
Sep 6, 2014 3:06 PM
Mar 2010
............really?
Sep 6, 2014 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
Iktoro99 said:
What's even the point of this?

Promotion, as usual, probably.
Even if the DVD sales weren't good for an anime (while there were problems with the estimations, it was an anime for a female audience, so I wouldn't be expecting anything outstanding), it's still doing well in terms of it's original work and the games that worked as a base for the anime adaption and while there are also the increased sales because of the anime broadcast (I believe there was a re-run, too), this time, this will probably also work as an additional aid as the sequels of the games will be released on the Vita instead.
Sep 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2011
zetsu_shoren said:

Which makes me wonder --- are there straight guys who watch this? Do they also bother with Love Stage!!? I mean I'd watch it for the trap. But not today.

Why does your sexuality even matter. I have never understood people who ask these questions. You don't need to be a certain sexuality to enjoy a show. There's nothing different about a gay romance than a straight one; just because it's about a gay couple (I don't know if I can even call them a gay couple because Izumi has shown interest in girls so he's probably bisexual MAYBE I'm not sure right now and that's the same with Ryouma; but I'm speaking in general) doesn't mean it's suddenly going to be super sexual, regardless of the manga content. It's not just sex it actually has a proper plot and handles certain horrible BL tropes very well (this part is with regards to Love Stage!! in particular).
Sep 6, 2014 5:28 PM

Mar 2013
This show is comically underrated the story telling is magnificent.
Sep 6, 2014 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
lmao more shit

i'll be watching it tho
Sep 6, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2012
Cant wait, so excited!!
Sep 6, 2014 7:47 PM

May 2010
Moar twisted fanservice I guess. Meeh, maybe I will watch it, the series wasn't as bad as some people were telling me.
Sep 6, 2014 8:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hmm may watch for more laughs.
Sep 6, 2014 9:02 PM

Apr 2014
Oooooh! This is seriously going to be a thing? I guess I'll watch it for the insanity of Kanato and the strictness of Reiji. I won't expect much from it but ehh it's a decent enough series to watch another episode of.
Sep 6, 2014 9:32 PM

May 2012
epitome of cancer
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 6, 2014 11:43 PM
Mar 2010
Oh.

Well, good for the fans of the series.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on news about Meiji Tokyo Renka and Norn9.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 6, 2014 11:44 PM

Jan 2013
how did this get an ova with its horrendous sales?
Sep 7, 2014 12:29 AM

Mar 2012
Fangirls were hungry for Vampire`s D.

hahaha............No.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 7, 2014 1:47 AM

Jan 2013
sometimes a shitty anime can make the visual novel more popular.

worked for walkure romanze.
Sep 7, 2014 2:02 AM
Mar 2010
SolviteSekai said:

Think is, we don't really know if the sales really were horrendous. I'm sure it was no big seller but you couldn't even buy the limited editions on Amazon! It was probably sold in a lot of stores not reported by Oricon, or so I hear/think/believe.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 7, 2014 2:24 AM
May 2012
I hope that this OVA will be better than the rest of DL >.<
Sep 7, 2014 2:28 AM

Jan 2013
phoenixalia said:
SolviteSekai said:

Think is, we don't really know if the sales really were horrendous. I'm sure it was no big seller but you couldn't even buy the limited editions on Amazon! It was probably sold in a lot of stores not reported by Oricon, or so I hear/think/believe.

I want to have a shred of faith in humanity, so ill just assume the sales were bad and this is a fluke.

No rational human being would like something this terrible.
Sep 7, 2014 2:34 AM

Aug 2014
Looking forward to it! I didnt know what to think of Diabolik lovers at first, but it ended really well, so i really enjoyed it, ;3
Sep 7, 2014 5:19 AM

Jun 2008
SolviteSekai said:

SolviteSekai said:
sometimes a shitty anime can make the visual novel more popular.

^

Iktoro99 said:
Face_Faith said:

Promotion, as usual, probably.
Even if the DVD sales weren't good for an anime (while there were problems with the estimations, it was an anime for a female audience, so I wouldn't be expecting anything outstanding), it's still doing well in terms of it's original work and the games that worked as a base for the anime adaption and while there are also the increased sales because of the anime broadcast (I believe there was a re-run, too), this time, this will probably also work as an additional aid as the sequels of the games will be released on the Vita instead.

Ah, I see. I highly doubt this will sell well though

For an otoge, it will probably, despite then being released for the Vita. Both the game and fandisk have crossed the 20000 line in their first weeks and while for the following games there will probably also be additional buyers who bought the games later or because of the anime (the fandisk was released sometime when the broadcast was a few episodes in so we can expect that the number of (first week) buyers is going to grow a bit), the only otoge for the Vita to have sold more than 10000 copies are the new Hakuouki and Amnesia games, so it wouldn't be strange if DiaLover succeeded in doing so as well. Aside from that, before DF being released, there is also VC at the end of the year (unless they change the release date again...), which will probably be more affected by PSP->Vita than DF as the latter is supposedly going to be released in 2015.

phoenixalia said:
SolviteSekai said:

Maybe this will be just like with the limited editions of the anime: If the OVA will be available with the Animate set, buyers will probably go for that (and if the price for the set will be about the same as usual, that sounds like a pretty good deal), so it's a win for Animate and a win for the game (and possibly other related) sales.
Moreover, not only shouldn't there be as much of a bad influence because of the Vita as mentioned above, but if they add the OVA to DF instead of VC, then the people interested in the OVA because of the Mukami brothers (even if they should have bought MB and were disappointed) may also come to like DF's new characters which may again boost some (i.e. CD) sales.

SolviteSekai said:
I want to have a shred of faith in humanity [...]

You say this in a discussion about anime? XD
Sep 7, 2014 5:47 AM
May 2012
Welp, good for the fans, at least.
Sep 7, 2014 6:40 AM

Sep 2012
Wtf? Diabolik Lovers??? Fucking yaoi
Sep 7, 2014 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
Great. I missed this shit so much.
Sep 7, 2014 7:58 AM

Jul 2012
Why? The anime was so bad I don't even know why I started watching it, and now an OVA?
Sep 7, 2014 8:25 AM

Aug 2011
Iktoro99 said:
Makuro said:

... It's not yaoi. It's, basically, a bunch of vampires sucking the heroine's blood.

Face_Faith said:

For an otoge, it will probably, despite then being released for the Vita. Both the game and fandisk have crossed the 20000 line in their first weeks and while for the following games there will probably also be additional buyers who bought the games later or because of the anime (the fandisk was released sometime when the broadcast was a few episodes in so we can expect that the number of (first week) buyers is going to grow a bit), the only otoge for the Vita to have sold more than 10000 copies are the new Hakuouki and Amnesia games, so it wouldn't be strange if DiaLover succeeded in doing so as well. Aside from that, before DF being released, there is also VC at the end of the year (unless they change the release date again...), which will probably be more affected by PSP->Vita than DF as the latter is supposedly going to be released in 2015.

20000? Surprising, truly surprising.

Granted the game is MUCH better and the guys are less asshole-ish (this goes for Shu and Subaru mostly... you'd feel sort of bad for Kanato. Ayato is meh and Reiji is forever an asshole although he did nicer things in More Blood but THAT game was bad). So yeah, the game is very popular unlike the actual anime.
Sep 7, 2014 9:38 AM

Feb 2008
NO, please, just NO !

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Sep 7, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2010
I can't wait!!!!more hot vampires!!!
Gotta love Kou and Ruki!!
Sep 7, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
OH LORD. Please, we dont need's this shit.
Sep 7, 2014 10:57 AM

Jul 2012
phoenixalia said:
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on news about Meiji Tokyo Renka and Norn9.

Yeah, where the hell are they? I need my seasonal dose of reverse harem.

Makuro said:

lmao
>Death Note and Bleach in your favourites

SolviteSekai said:
No rational human being would like something this terrible.

See, that's the thing with otaku/fujoshi pandering things. It's terrible (most of the time), but its targeted specifically for people that like this stuff. Say that for DiaLovers but we have plenty of dating sim and visual novel adaption for the boys and there are way less complaints.
Sep 7, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2009
I'm surprised this was popular enough to get an OVA. This series would have been better if the heroine actually had a brain and a personality.
Sep 8, 2014 1:41 PM

Nov 2008
not really interested in this anime
Sep 9, 2014 7:31 PM

Mar 2012
Great, now we will have even MORE a-holes than before -.- (except for Subaru, he is freaking awesome.)

For so I shall wait for the OVA to come out to watch it......................only watching because maybe Subaru will be like a Batman and "try" to save the heroine again.
Sep 11, 2014 3:46 PM

Jan 2012
Yayay fanservice coming >:o

Ayatooooo <3
Sep 12, 2014 1:23 PM

Jun 2008
Iktoro99 said:
20000? Surprising, truly surprising.

Yup :O The first game even supposedly has sold more than 30.000 copies now, so since its first week, the number of sold copies now has increased by half of its original sales (I believe there was one ranking noting 10.000 copies in its first week somewhere, so if that was the case, the number would have tripled). Not as surprising as TokiMemo, UtaPri or Hakuouki-senpai, but with the numbers changing that much, it's not strange they bundle the OVA with one of the games that will follow. Then again, even if there will be 20.000 copies sold again, that won't equal to 20.000 copies of the OVA...

@ the airing dates:
I expect Norn to take a while longer for any news, but I believe there are some events for MeiKoi in the next few months, so maybe there will be some information regarding the anime then...

Laciie said:
Granted the game is MUCH better and the guys are less asshole-ish (this goes for Shu and Subaru mostly... you'd feel sort of bad for Kanato. Ayato is meh and Reiji is forever an asshole although he did nicer things in More Blood but THAT game was bad). So yeah, the game is very popular unlike the actual anime.

I'm pretty sure there were some things which would be hard to have shown on TV (not sure at what time this was running, though) and if they end up purposely not showing that in the anime adaption, then that means that the game is "worse" (+ CDs, I guess). If we include MB, then that may even easilier apply because the game was for 17 and above. (I do sometimes read some extreme things about this on the net, but I cannot be sure if that is only content regarding the original game, not to mention I couldn't bring myself to play all routes, so I don't know for sure, though)

catkittycool321 said:
(except for Subaru, he is freaking awesome.)

LOL
Sep 12, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
We can expect more ineptitude from the heroine.
Sep 12, 2014 2:26 PM

Aug 2011
yukishiromei said:
We can expect more ineptitude from the heroine.

LOL this

» Escapism.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

66 by MasterZeroFX »»
21 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 8 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.