Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 6, 2014 5:54 AM

Aug 2014
So, I just finished re-watching one of my all time favorite anime series, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The short of the original post in this topic, is how can I act like Yuki Nagato? I ask because in my opinion she is perfect, literally everything she does and says is done so perfectly its almost as if she is God itself. I want to be just like her but I know I'll need some help. I'm not even trolling with this topic, I genuinely feel this way and would be happy if anyone could reply to this thread seriously.
Sep 6, 2014 6:03 AM

Oct 2012
Try getting in a car accident and receiving permanent brain damage, maybe then you'll stop showing any emotions, or maybe not.
Sep 6, 2014 6:18 AM

Aug 2014
IFuckedAPie said:
Try getting in a car accident and receiving permanent brain damage, maybe then you'll stop showing any emotions, or maybe not.

Was that a serious reply?
Sep 6, 2014 6:22 AM

Apr 2014
MeiMisaki1525 said:
IFuckedAPie said:

It probably isn't xD
Sep 6, 2014 6:24 AM

Aug 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

It probably isn't xD

I mean, I understand how I could sound like a damned edgy moron by creating this topic but I am very serious. I admire Yuki Nagato, I love her, I love her character, I love her voice, I love everything about her. Every episode that involved her, I paid direct attention to her and her alone when she made an appearance in a scene.
Sep 6, 2014 6:26 AM

Mar 2013
Do you feel ashamed after you masturbate to her?
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 6, 2014 6:26 AM

Oct 2012
Milk_is_Special said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

It probably isn't xD
As an internet stranger I feel offended that you doubt my sincerity.
Sep 6, 2014 6:28 AM

Aug 2014
DerpHole said:
Do you feel ashamed after you masturbate to her?

Honestly, no. I have no shame.

IFuckedAPie said:
Milk_is_Special said:
It probably isn't xD
As an internet stranger I feel offended that you doubt my sincerity.

Pfft, lying on the internet. Who does that, right?
Sep 6, 2014 7:22 AM

Jul 2010
You probably shouldn't emulate her because she is a fictional character. Instead try to discover who you are instead. You could find that you are far more interesting than she is. Don't get me wrong she's my favorite character in MHS, but I don't think we should emulate fictional characters. Though if you really wnat to emulate a version of her I'd go with her Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu version because she's too damn cute.

But if these words go over your head and you still want to emulate her then I would start with reading Sci-fi novels. Anything by Arthur C. Clark would be a good start Otherworld is a good choice too (it's like SAO but intelligent). At the very least you become more well-read and they established her character as someone who reads hard sci-fi novels. Thus two-birds one stone, right?
Sep 6, 2014 7:30 AM

Nov 2012
Oh god you're going through your "I want to be anime" phase.
Don't worry in bout 2 years you will look back on this time and you'll want to kill yourself because of the embarrassment.

I had a "I want to be as tsundere as Sasuke" phase, it was horrible.
Sep 6, 2014 7:34 AM
Jul 2012
There's a difference between being the best person you can be and trying to completely change your personality. If you can be the former then you'll have a different perspective on "perfection" and you'll understand why you can never be like her and she can never be like you.
Sep 6, 2014 7:35 AM
Apr 2008
MeiMisaki1525 said:
So, I just finished re-watching one of my all time favorite anime series, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The short of the original post in this topic, is how can I act like Yuki Nagato? I ask because in my opinion she is perfect, literally everything she does and says is done so perfectly its almost as if she is God itself. I want to be just like her but I know I'll need some help. I'm not even trolling with this topic, I genuinely feel this way and would be happy if anyone could reply to this thread seriously.
So you want to be a god? That's a very grandiose statement and somewhat hedonistic. Sieg MeiMisaki god of Terra.
Sep 6, 2014 7:41 AM

Jun 2012
Why would you want to be like an unrealistic fictional character?

If you want to be like a fictional character, pick someone cool, like a character from JoJo's Bizzare Adventure
and go work out and become manly
no I don't care you're a girl
Sep 6, 2014 7:58 AM

Aug 2014
EflowNivek said:
You probably shouldn't emulate her because she is a fictional character. Instead try to discover who you are instead. You could find that you are far more interesting than she is. Don't get me wrong she's my favorite character in MHS, but I don't think we should emulate fictional characters. Though if you really wnat to emulate a version of her I'd go with her Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu version because she's too damn cute.

But if these words go over your head and you still want to emulate her then I would start with reading Sci-fi novels. Anything by Arthur C. Clark would be a good start Otherworld is a good choice too (it's like SAO but intelligent). At the very least you become more well-read and they established her character as someone who reads hard sci-fi novels. Thus two-birds one stone, right?

The thing is, after being alive for eighteen years so far, encroaching upon my nineteenth year, I feel unsatisfied with life because I feel something missing, and really, I feel like Yuki is the one thing that I am missing in my life. Since I can't be with her, I feel the closest thing would be to try to be like her, if that is, at all, possible. I've actually read some articles on how to be like her, one such article was an eHow article, which wasn't very helpful.

Shirayukishi said:
Oh god you're going through your "I want to be anime" phase.
Don't worry in bout 2 years you will look back on this time and you'll want to kill yourself because of the embarrassment.

I had a "I want to be as tsundere as Sasuke" phase, it was horrible.

Ha! I've gone through this "phase" at least five times in my life but this last time does feel quite real, if I am perfectly honest with myself and everyone here. She is literally the physical embodiment of what I want to be, regardless of the fact that she is a fictional character.

Zizo47 said:
There's a difference between being the best person you can be and trying to completely change your personality. If you can be the former then you'll have a different perspective on "perfection" and you'll understand why you can never be like her and she can never be like you.

There have been times in all of humanity, although, very few recorded, where a person felt inspired by someone they admired and strived to be just like them, and it happened. I think if it's possible to emulate a real person then why wouldn't it be possible to emulate a fictional character?

Aeonic said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:
So you want to be a god? That's a very grandiose statement and somewhat hedonistic. Sieg MeiMisaki god of Terra.

No, that's not what I meant. I don't want to be a God, that's just something I compared her too, to indicate how I view her from my perspective.

Mum said:
Why would you want to be like an unrealistic fictional character?

If you want to be like a fictional character, pick someone cool, like a character from JoJo's Bizzare Adventure
and go work out and become manly
no I don't care you're a girl

I explained why already. I don't care for your opinion of who or what is cool, I just want someone or some people to legitimately help me as best as they can in trying to emulate Yuki Nagato, even if they laugh at me. Yes, I am a girl.
Sep 6, 2014 8:47 AM

Feb 2013
MeiMisaki1525 said:
I explained why already. I don't care for your opinion of who or what is cool, I just want someone or some people to legitimately help me as best as they can in trying to emulate Yuki Nagato, even if they laugh at me. Yes, I am a girl.
well... the only advice that comes to mind is the obvious 'start acting like her'
read books, hide emotions, sound smart, stuff like that o0
Sep 6, 2014 8:48 AM

Aug 2014
Be you and no one else. Copy someone else will always be seen throu. But I am 25 So I have already found myself :P
Sep 6, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2014
romagia said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:
well... the only advice that comes to mind is the obvious 'start acting like her'
read books, hide emotions, sound smart, stuff like that o0

Way ahead of you, friend. I've already done extensive research from multiple sources into her personality and am actually doing my best in trying to emulate at least the "hiding emotions" bit. I already do read books from time to time, so I've got that covered. The rest of her is quite the challenge but I believe it's possible.
Sep 6, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2014
Good luck with that

Sep 6, 2014 10:41 AM

May 2013
MeiMisaki1525 said:

The thing is, after being alive for eighteen years so far, encroaching upon my nineteenth year, I feel unsatisfied with life because I feel something missing,

Sounds to me that you need a healthy dose of JESUS.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Sep 6, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
Yuki Nagato is love, Yuki Nagato is life.

Say that 20 times every single night while moving your gloriously kyo-ani animated fingers through the snow. It has to be winter after your 17.452 loop on earth. (Afterlife is real)

It worked with me, I'm the father of the guy who got fingered by the Ogre cunt.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 6, 2014 12:49 PM

Oct 2012
tragically, imitations are inherently terrible, so if youre trying to be her you never will be. she wasnt trying at all, shes just like that. the very act of trying to be dandere is not dandere sorry be original.
Sep 6, 2014 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
Which one the dandere or the kuudere?
Sep 6, 2014 2:12 PM

Aug 2014
blessofcurse said:
Which one the dandere or the kuudere?

The kuudere.

TVSMC said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

The thing is, after being alive for eighteen years so far, encroaching upon my nineteenth year, I feel unsatisfied with life because I feel something missing,

Sounds to me that you need a healthy dose of JESUS.

Lmfao

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ReanSchwarzerSep 17, 2014 11:04 AM
Sep 6, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2014
The real question is why you would waste your time on boring stuff like that.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 6, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
Imitate all you want, but actually trying to be a character? Leave that to the method actors.
Sep 6, 2014 2:26 PM

Aug 2014
RedRoseFring said:
The real question is why you would waste your time on boring stuff like that.

Obviously because it interests me.

Jack_Noir said:
Imitate all you want, but actually trying to be a character? Leave that to the method actors.

Isn't imitating a character the exact same thing as trying to be a character?
Sep 6, 2014 9:20 PM

Nov 2011
If you're trying to become an emotionless person, you're in a bad place. That isn't healthy or natural.

I would know.

I hope you give up on this endeavor, in any case. It'll only get worse the more you try.
Sep 6, 2014 10:12 PM

Aug 2014
TripleSRank said:
If you're trying to become an emotionless person, you're in a bad place. That isn't healthy or natural.

I would know.

I hope you give up on this endeavor, in any case. It'll only get worse the more you try.

Why do you say that?
Sep 7, 2014 12:58 AM

Jan 2011
Thread Moved.

Moved from Anime Discussion.

OP, you'll need to abandon whichever ideals you might have because without a rewrite of your moral system, you'll just be bottlenecked by your own emotions. The character you want to be is emotionless, then that's going to be even harder because you're a human and that's not something you will be able to run away from without drastic measures (like medication). There's no evidence that any amount of self-training or awareness can get rid of emotions, only suppress them. That's a far as you'll go with current technology.

On another note. I don't believe trying to become someone you're not is the best course of action for finding your way to happiness in life, but if you won't stop then at the very least I won't tell you not go ahead.
Sep 7, 2014 1:08 AM

Aug 2014
Niyawa said:
Thread Moved.

Moved from Anime Discussion.

OP, you'll need to abandon whichever ideals you might have because without a rewrite of your moral system, you'll just be bottlenecked by your own emotions. The character you want to be is emotionless, then that's going to be even harder because you're a human and that's not something you will be able to run away from without drastic measures (like medication). There's no evidence that any amount of self-training or awareness can get rid of emotions, only suppress them. That's a far as you'll go with current technology.

On another note. I don't believe trying to become someone you're not is the best course of action for finding your way to happiness in life, but if you won't stop then at the very least I won't tell you not go ahead.

I don't think I even have any morals, to be honest with you.

More topics from this board

» "chronological order" and my utter disgust for it

Tsuna_Nihilist - Apr 15

36 by YukariKatsuragi »»
Apr 16, 11:49 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 23, 2008

87 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:50 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

abhin4v - Mar 2, 2008

93 by S4dnu »»
Apr 11, 5:47 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AgathaKazar - Jul 19, 2008

99 by S4dnu »»
Apr 9, 5:39 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Jul 26, 2008

101 by Alkimia »»
Feb 29, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.