Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 5, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2012
I want to read the Neko: Kuro and Neko: Shiro novels to gain a more thorough understanding of Hanekawa's personality. I'm hoping doing so will clarify or elaborate on some things about her from the anime adaptation. I found a complete translation of both novels on Baka-Tsuki. I can't speak/read very much Japanese, though, so I don't know how accurate they are in conveying the kind of information I'd be reading them for.

Can anyone comment on the quality/accuracy of those translations? Thanks!
SejinSep 6, 2014 2:46 PM
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Sep 5, 2014 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
Sejin said:
I want to read the Neko: Kuro novel to gain a more thorough understanding of Hanekawa's personality. I'm hoping doing so will clarify or elaborate on some things about it from the anime adaptation. I found a complete translation of the novel on Baka-Tsuki. I can't speak/read very much Japanese, though, so I don't know how accurate it is in conveying the kind of information I'd be reading it for.

Can anyone comment on the quality/accuracy of that translation? Thanks!

its an anime dummy. just watch it on a streaming site
Sep 5, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Sejin said:
I want to read the Neko: Kuro novel to gain a more thorough understanding of Hanekawa's personality. I'm hoping doing so will clarify or elaborate on some things about it from the anime adaptation. I found a complete translation of the novel on Baka-Tsuki. I can't speak/read very much Japanese, though, so I don't know how accurate it is in conveying the kind of information I'd be reading it for.

Can anyone comment on the quality/accuracy of that translation? Thanks!

its an anime dummy. just watch it on a streaming site

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I've seen all of the anime adaptation so far except for Hanamonogatari. I think I have a pretty good grasp of Hanekawa's personality from that. However, there are a few specifics I'm still uncertain about. Because information is presented differently in written form than in audiovisual form, I figured maybe reading the novels that pertain to Hanekawa would help me piece together what I'm unsure of.

As I said initially, I found an English-translated version of the Neko: Kuro novel on Baka-Tsuki. Some of the things I've read/heard about the quality of various fansubs and professional subs of the anime version being really lacking in some aspects made me wonder if the translations available for the novels would have similar issues. If so, it would be good to know before I start reading. That's what I wanted to know. I don't know why you thought I was talking about the anime.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Nov 2, 2014 1:01 PM

Jul 2012
@mugi:

Thanks! I have already read the translations for both Neko: Kuro and Neko: Shiro, but I plan to go back and read them both at least once more in the (hopefully) near future, so thank you for responding to my question. I really appreciate it!

I was really surprised how much reading Neko: Shiro changed my understanding of Tsubasa (which I'm still working on piecing together bit by bit), and that

So far, it seems like what additional info is given in the books doesn't contradict anything in the anime adaptation, which I really like, since I generally prefer the audio-visual format to books and can hopefully take what I glean from the novels and apply it to the anime and have it still make sense and be coherent and all that.

So, yeah, again, thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my questions even though it had been so long since I'd asked them! ^_^
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 21 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Aug 5, 2017

1 by Nachoalpe »»
Apr 1, 3:32 AM

» How are the chapters divided?

Omid_ - Feb 29

3 by Omid_ »»
Feb 29, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 10 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 9 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 8 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Jul 6, 2010

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 2, 12:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.