Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2009 9:05 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was pretty bad. It felt like a really bad summary of the anime series except they cut out all the best parts :(. The romance between Marline and Yuji didn't even feel real. One second they are fighting with each other and the next they have feelings for each other lol. They also cut out the parts with the other sleepers.

6/10 for me.
Sep 17, 2012 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
Aagh, I can't tell which ending I liked less. I read that this ending was ambiguous, but this ended just way out there. Just one more scene after could have helped so much. You can see where they're going with the ending, but it leaves an unnecessary amount of questions. What about the rest of the people in second earth? Outside of one silent image, hastily passed by, they also never out and say where the blue even came from. Nah, this ending was too down, and the series was too happy (well, mostly).

It must be difficult to have to summarize 26 episodes into one 90-minute film. Like, that's well under 5 minutes for each episode. But yeah, it wasn't done very well. I liked picking out the reused scenes and wondering what episode they'd get the next part from. It wasn't just the plot differences though. It's already well said, but the pacing really was messed. Even if I hadn't seen the series before to compare it to, it would have felt off. Because of that, I'd say it's below your average movie of the type. 4/10. If it wasn't based on the series and was something entirely separate, I'd say a 6/10 at best.

Hahaha, don't worry Blue Gender, I still like you though.
Sep 13, 2013 11:09 AM
Apr 2013
didnt like this one and didnt like the series

both bad but if il say series was better than this to many scenes cut
Oct 12, 2013 10:53 PM

Oct 2013
Watched in fast-forward. It looks like a very cheap version of the Vampire Hunter D (2000), just without vampires and paladins. I want to warn those who have not watched, no nudity here is not present. Do not waste your time.
Oct 11, 2014 3:25 PM
Jul 2013
This was the most depressing POC I have ever seen. I have not seen the series. I'd just watch a random anime film on nice Saturday night, as I usually do, starting watching all happy and in a party mood then at the end my whole mood was ruined. WTF? Thank god I watched it at double speed like the user above me (fast forward), what a coincidence. VLC ftw!
Nov 18, 2014 6:06 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Like most adaptions of an anime series, this wasn't too good of a job. A shame really since it's a pretty decent story that deserved better IMO.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 11, 2016 8:02 AM

Feb 2013
Really weird recap.
No drama with Joey's death, Dice didn't appear, lame.
Apr 30, 2019 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
Considering these Summary films are often completely pointless I have to say that this one actually was alright. I actually liked all the changes made, they tried to actually make a movie rather than a heavily edited and cut down TV series. This involved having to make a bunch of changes as well as some choice new additions to the plot and a whole new ending too.

Overall I think this film actually becomes something interesting because of the attempts made to differentiate it from the TV series. It's alot more interesting as a result. It's not perfect that's for sure but I liked the effort that was put into this and having just finished the series about an hour before my viewing of this film I personally appreciated it being so different.
Feb 24, 2022 9:26 PM

Mar 2019
I thought it was alright, it's about a 5/10 for me. The pacing was pretty crazy- which I kind of expected from all 26 episodes being made into one 90 minute movie. There was a lot of action, I definitely don't think it was boring. But with the whole show being condensed so much, a lot of the good parts where removed. Something I really liked about the show was how the characters developed in what I feel was a really organic way, which I don't think would really be possible in a single movie.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.