Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 2, 2014 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
I've been doing taekwondo for nearly 9 years and to me its always been a strong martial art. People who don't know much about the art assume its just flashy kicks, when really theres a lot more to it than that.

I also think wing chun and judo are very useful martial arts.

I don't know why but I've always disliked karate. I tried it before after doing tkd for a long time and found it so boring.

Sep 2, 2014 5:45 PM

Mar 2013
Loli_Sensei said:
I've been doing taekwondo for nearly 9 years and to me its always been a strong martial art. People who don't know much about the art assume its just flashy kicks, when really theres a lot more to it than that.

I don't know why but I've always disliked karate. I tried it before after doing tkd for a long time and found it so boring.
How could you be an hikikomori if you have done 9 years of teak-do?oh you are girl....
Sep 2, 2014 7:12 PM

Apr 2014
I've got my dad's homemade nun-chucks under my bed.
Sep 2, 2014 8:47 PM

Dec 2011
Bambi_ said:

Those are terrible weapons. Just get a bat.

If this is sarcasm, gtfo. MA are SRS BUSINESS.

JKJK

BUT FOR REAL
text27 said:
yes if you read the whole thing...robots will only kill the people you put in-front of them so yeah.

RandomChampion said:
u were that homie in the thong werent u
Sep 2, 2014 11:13 PM

Nov 2011
Yellow Bamboo obviously

Afshar said:
Dan told me the best is Muay Thai

i trust his view

My brah! Also, as long as a martial art has proper techniques and is practiced with "aliveness" then I am ok with it basically.
The Art of Eight
Sep 2, 2014 11:38 PM

Apr 2014
Damaein said:
Bambi_ said:

Those are terrible weapons. Just get a bat.

If this is sarcasm, gtfo. MA are SRS BUSINESS.

JKJK

BUT FOR REAL

This is no joke Mr.
Sep 2, 2014 11:42 PM

Jan 2013
Loli_Sensei said:

That's because Tae Kwon Do is literally Karate but with more kicks. When Japan invaded Korea they implemented their martial arts into TKD. Probably why you find it boring because it's the same shit.
Sep 2, 2014 11:49 PM
Dec 2013
I did some TKD for 1 day and now i can fight anyone who has less experience in fighting than me.

Superior much
Sep 2, 2014 11:54 PM

Nov 2011
ScazoN said:
I did some TKD for 1 day and now i can fight anyone who has less experience in fighting than me.

Superior much

fite me irl m8. I rekt u i swear on me mum.
The Art of Eight
Sep 3, 2014 12:01 AM

Feb 2014
I have been doing kendo for about 3 years and it is pretty damn fun

Sep 3, 2014 12:05 AM

Nov 2011
This list is pretty eastern centric though.....where's boxing, savate, BJJ, wrestling, etc
The Art of Eight
Sep 3, 2014 12:28 AM

Mar 2014
Just another reason why I love New Zealand.

Sep 3, 2014 7:36 AM

Feb 2013
dankickyou said:
This list is pretty eastern centric though.....where's boxing, savate, BJJ, wrestling, etc
Ssssh....Dan, remember what happened the last time we tried to explain to the ignorant masses that boxing is, was and always will be a martial art?

Let's not go there again.
Sep 3, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
NTAD said:
dankickyou said:
Ssssh....Dan, remember what happened the last time we tried to explain to the ignorant masses that boxing is, was and always will be a martial art?

If only boxing had white pajamas and choreographed kata will it ever be accepted as a martial art by the wise netizens of MAL. :(
The Art of Eight
Sep 3, 2014 8:37 AM
Mar 2014
dankickyou said:
NTAD said:

If only boxing had white pajamas and choreographed kata will it ever be accepted as a martial art by the wise netizens of MAL. :(

I feel the same about arm-wrestling.
Sep 3, 2014 8:45 AM

Oct 2009
dankickyou said:
NTAD said:

Greece boxing and wrestling is the manliest sport in human history, at least in the ancient world. Who else fighting naked these days? They also use leather straps to tie their dong so it will not wonder too much when they fight, man, talk about hardcore.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 3, 2014 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
azzuRe said:

Greece boxing and wrestling is the manliest sport in human history, at least in the ancient world. Who else fighting naked these days? They also use leather straps to tie their dong so it will not wonder too much when they fight, man, talk about hardcore.

Uhh lets see...sumo guys are almost totally naked except a loincloth. Turkish wrestlers arent naked but they can stick their hands into each other's pants in a totally non-homosexual manner to gain control of their opponents. And....Im out. :P
The Art of Eight
Sep 3, 2014 12:45 PM

Jan 2012
mclovinballz said:
What dis nigga does
I just went and watched that movie after seeing that clip. The final battle is even more epic.
Sep 3, 2014 2:11 PM

Mar 2013
VBS said:
mclovinballz said:
What dis nigga does
I just went and watched that movie after seeing that clip. The final battle is even more epic.
At least I have convinced someone to watch a movie
Sep 3, 2014 2:23 PM

Feb 2013
LOL, Aikido has 4 votes, not sure if you guys are trolling or not.
Sep 3, 2014 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
_vortigaunt_ said:
Aikido is wannabe judo
Sep 3, 2014 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
_vortigaunt_ said:

Well, this is MAL...
The Art of Eight
Sep 3, 2014 8:46 PM

Mar 2013
_vortigaunt_ said:
You should try aikido on your body
Sep 3, 2014 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
Udgey said:
_vortigaunt_ said:
Aikido is wannabe judo
Nah....aikido uses the enemy's power...judo is just a more refined "sumo"
Sep 3, 2014 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
dankickyou said:
_vortigaunt_ said:

Well, this is MAL...
they are clever
Sep 3, 2014 8:55 PM
Mar 2014
Please do not double or triple post. It's rude.
Sep 3, 2014 11:59 PM
May 2007
I got into Tae Kwon Do as a kid at Ernie Reyes' West Coast Tae Kwon Do while living in California. Then my dad got transferred to Arizona and I enrolled in ATA Tae Kwon Do. I "retired" as a 2nd degree black belt in it and won a few local junior freestyle form and sparring competitions. In my pre-teen years, I got into wrestling but it wasn't for me (though I would yes and no re-discover it years later when I got into Brazilian Jiujitsu). I royally sucked at wrestling during that time and had a shitty coach.

My older brother got into boxing when he was in juvie when he was 14 and he taught me a bit later on and let me watch him at the gym from time to time if he didn't have any tournaments.

Towards the end of high school, I got into kickboxing and when I started at Arizona State, I joined their MMA club since there weren't too many MMA gyms outside of California just yet. I got into Brazilian Jiujitsu more intensively when I was 21 and a lot of former wrestlers taught me about leg riding there because I got much better lower body strength. Nobody really taught it to me in detail when I was doing it back in jr. high. It would have been more fun for me if I knew those techniques.

These days, I mostly concentrate on boxing and kickboxing. Jiujitsu is a lot of fun but my area and my schedule just doesn't allow me to practice it and my present gym is just not too far from my home and work so it is perfect for me.
Sep 4, 2014 1:20 AM
Dec 2013
_vortigaunt_ said:
Are you looking for a fight?

IM RIGHT HERE
Sep 4, 2014 1:23 AM

Aug 2014
None. Don't trust most of these asian martial arts guys. I don't think they'll help you in a real fight.

I honestly doubt shit like aikido even works.

I once watched my younger brother go apeshit and beat the crap out a kid who was apparently a Taekwondo Blackbelt.

I suggest pick up boxing and fucking get in a ring and fight someone.
FoxfireSep 4, 2014 1:29 AM
Sep 4, 2014 1:45 AM

Jan 2013
Fox814 said:
None. Don't trust most of these asian martial arts guys. I don't think they'll help you in a real fight.

I honestly doubt shit like aikido even works.

I once watched my younger brother go apeshit and beat the crap out a kid who was apparently a Taekwondo Blackbelt.

I suggest pick up boxing and fucking get in a ring and fight someone.
OOOOOOOOR you could just use a knife. It's fucking hilarious when you meet an experienced "martial artist" but they get pissy in the panties when they see a knife.
revengerofdeath said:
_vortigaunt_ said:
You should try aikido on your body
It doesn't hurt at all. Judo actually fucking hurts.
Sep 4, 2014 1:48 AM

Mar 2013
I am a practitioner of Zui Quan
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 4, 2014 8:33 AM

Mar 2013
ScazoN said:
_vortigaunt_ said:
Are you looking for a fight?

IM RIGHT HERE
aikidoka?
Sep 4, 2014 8:35 AM

Mar 2013
Udgey said:
It doesn't hurt at all. Judo actually fucking hurts.
I guess you have never tried it :D
Sep 4, 2014 8:44 AM

Mar 2014
well for me the best (at least in this poll) is karate. but if the question is which is strongest then I dont know. probably MMA...

I did karate and Koi no takinobori ryu karate (mostly tanto jutsu). also a bit of aikido and ju-jitsu as well, but not much.
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Sep 4, 2014 8:49 AM

Dec 2011
Siscon2000 said:
but if the question is which is strongest then I dont know. probably MMA....

MMA is more of a sport that contains different martial arts. I guess most fighters could vaguely be considered to use "MMA" as they use techniques from multiple arts, but I don't think it's considered a stand alone art form.
text27 said:
yes if you read the whole thing...robots will only kill the people you put in-front of them so yeah.

RandomChampion said:
Sep 4, 2014 9:08 AM

Oct 2009
Damaein said:
Siscon2000 said:
but if the question is which is strongest then I dont know. probably MMA....

MMA is more of a sport that contains different martial arts. I guess most fighters could vaguely be considered to use "MMA" as they use techniques from multiple arts, but I don't think it's considered a stand alone art form.

It has been existed for millennia, the famous example would be Pankration.
Sep 4, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2010
Definitely Wing Chun! (I'm an Ip Man/Bruce Lee lover)
Sep 4, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2010
Krav Maga. 0h, wait, it's not martial art, it's the realistic combat technique that easily can just own any martial artist's ass.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Sep 4, 2014 9:54 AM

Mar 2013
kitsune0 said:
Krav Maga. 0h, wait, it's not martial art, it's the realistic combat technique that easily can just own any martial artist's ass.
Of course
Sep 4, 2014 9:56 AM

Oct 2009
kitsune0 said:

I often heard that guns are great equalizer between man.
Sep 4, 2014 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
kitsune0 said:

except it have pretty poor punching technique and made purely to protect yourself from sudden assault/weapons. it is really good in streets situations but pretty useless in 1vs1 combat against martial atrist. thats why we don't see krav maga in sport competitions (like ufc and other mma). do at least some research about krav maga before talking random crap...

Sep 4, 2014 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
kitsune0 said:

krav maga is a martial art. Jesus Christ!
The Art of Eight
Sep 4, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2014
wandererofnorth said:
It is strange no one mentioned Sambo. Fedor Emelianenko ruled MMA world with Sambo for almost decade.

well since its MMA.. its not really ok to give all the credit to sambo. sambo is pretty much the same as judo. judo is fine but lacks punching techniques and.. a lot more.

Sep 4, 2014 10:19 AM

Dec 2011
wandererofnorth said:
It is strange no one mentioned Sambo. Fedor Emelianenko ruled MMA world with Sambo for almost decade.

Not really. The list seems to be almost exclusively oriental art forms. Some of the most effective style were left out due to this.
text27 said:

RandomChampion said:
Sep 4, 2014 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
Siscon2000 said:
wandererofnorth said:

well since its MMA.. its not really ok to give all the credit to sambo. sambo is pretty much the same as judo. judo is fine but lacks punching techniques and.. a lot more.

Combat Sambo is different from Judo as it contains strikes.
The Art of Eight
Sep 4, 2014 10:32 AM

Mar 2014
dankickyou said:
Siscon2000 said:

Combat Sambo is different from Judo as it contains strikes.

combat sambo yes. but then again almost every serious (not competition based) technique contains strikes.

Sep 4, 2014 10:41 AM

Sep 2010
azzuRe said:
I often heard that thermonuclear weapons are great equalizer between nations.
Siscon2000 said:
except it have pretty poor punching technique and made purely to protect yourself from sudden assault/weapons. it is really good in streets situations but pretty useless in 1vs1 combat against martial atrist. thats why we don't see krav maga in sport competitions (like ufc and other mma). do at least some research about krav maga before talking random crap...
facepalm.jpg
No, you poor uneducated thing you, it's because Krav Maga competition would be like gun/sword duel - the risk of serious injures are pretty high. Like, why tryin' to punch someone's face with your bare fist when you can just hit him/her in the eye/throat with fingers and make him/her forget everything except The Pain. 'Cause, y'know, you can't end life-threatenin' situation just by defense.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Sep 4, 2014 10:56 AM

Mar 2014
kitsune0 said:
azzuRe said:
I often heard that thermonuclear weapons are great equalizer between nations.
Siscon2000 said:
facepalm.jpg
No, you poor uneducated thing you, it's because Krav Maga competition would be like gun/sword duel - the risk of serious injures are pretty high. Like, why tryin' to punch someone's face with your bare fist when you can just hit him/her in the eye/throat with fingers and make him/her forget everything except The Pain. 'Cause, y'know, you can't end life-threatenin' situation just by defense.

even wing chun uses this same shit - eyes/throat instead of fist. try it in streets so you will see how hard it is to make it actually work. I learned that even in karate. so krav maga is not so unique as you might think...(you ofcource dont know that krav maga is basically just a copypaste of jujitsu/judo goshin jitsu do you?).

now more datailed about eyes/troat - the problem is you need a really high precision to poke an eye/hit a throat. if you miss you might broke your fingers. its even harder (WAY HARDER) to be precise when "target" is hitting you with a ton of punches per sec. it is way easier to throw a fist which don't really requires high precision. dude I have tryed it in actual fight. I do know what I m talking about.

this is regular excuse for all non sport martial arts. "they are too deadly to be used in competitions". usually its plain bullshit as I seen many times when a boxer beats all shit out of many "art" or "self defence" practitioners. and I seen it NOT only in a ring protected with gloves and rules.

as I said krav maga is very good for street situations, but in an open combat with good trained fighter it is... not better than anything else..
Siscon2000Sep 4, 2014 11:01 AM

Sep 4, 2014 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
Siscon2000 said:
kitsune0 said:

Damn right,man! What about aikido?
Sep 4, 2014 11:05 AM

Mar 2014
revengerofdeath said:
Siscon2000 said:

Damn right,man! What about aikido?

I'd say its pretty much the same with aikido.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 9 hours ago

7 by Serafos »»
3 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 1 hour ago

8 by Theo1899 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

59 by cody »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

15 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
1 hour ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.