Forum Settings
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2014 10:40 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Bell got pretty lucky and was able to train under Aizu, the Sword Princess herself. But that was a really intense and badass fight with the Minotaur, all the witnesses were struck dumb from what they saw. In only just a month, Bell was able to reach level 2, which is unheard of. I wonder when Freya will play an active role in the series instead of manipulating things in the background.
Sep 11, 2015 1:46 PM

Jan 2013
Finally managed to finish it, it had a bit more of information than in the anime, although the fight was more epic in the anime.

Though, after all these years, no one has ever heard of SS stats?
Nov 12, 2015 4:12 PM
Sep 2014
Silver4000 said:
Finally managed to finish it, it had a bit more of information than in the anime, although the fight was more epic in the anime.

Though, after all these years, no one has ever heard of SS stats?

A little late, but anyway...Rank S 999 is the hard stat cap for any stat. It's quite literally impossible to get SS unless you have some kind of skill that lets you break cap (Realis Phrase is one such skill).
Nov 17, 2019 7:44 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Start to read the LN a few days ago, while I didn't bother commenting vol1, it was a solid introduction nonetheless, vol2 was even better, but it was this volume I was hyping the most (especially that fight near the end).
Considering the writer made a decent effort in creating this world, it feels really nice to be able to properly read about all the details concerning it, details that mostly I missed out while watching the anime.

The writer sure was honest with the title of the series. xD
But I m liking the fact it is more than just, Bell is slowly growing up and I did love the way the writer put it on the afterword:
"Successes and failures stick with us for our lifetime. However, those who face obstacles without compromising who they are will grow. Of that, I’m sure. Go on an adventure. Strive to be an adventurer."
Really struck a chord with me.
(the epilogue with his grandfather was really moving)

Also, I m a sucker for these kinds of settings, leveling up, getting new weapons and skills, and I cant wait to see the new heights Bell will reach out for being an lvl2 now.

On a more light note, the training sections with Aiz were really amusing, and I do ship her more with Bell, at least for now, than Hestia, which tbh I felt was just more entertaining to see in the anime (her charm doesn't come across as much in the LN).

CrimsonSilver4 said:

Agreed, that is the only thing I do feel the anime handled better, not to say the fight wasn't great here, it was long and you could definitely feel Bell's drive, but the anime skyrocketed in quality there, half of an episode for the fight, with different stages, amazing choreography, camera angles, and while there is always some room for improvement, it did capture what the writer wanted it to be like, being easily the highlight of S1 and the even everything else they will ever adapt from the series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 18 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Apr 3, 2023

2 by skyhei1995 »»
Apr 20, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka Volume 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Sep 1, 2014

3 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 22, 8:28 AM

» How many more volumes?

RealityChanges - Aug 13, 2023

1 by majin_mark505 »»
Aug 13, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 17 Discussion

Syureria - Jul 7, 2021

2 by NaughtySempai »»
Mar 15, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 16 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 15, 2021

1 by Playcool »»
Aug 17, 2022 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.