Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2014 7:00 PM

Feb 2014
I have read the whole "GuP: Little Army" manga; I haven't even started the "GuP" manga yet; and, i've already watched the whole anime.

*GuP = Girls und Panzer.
**GuP: Little Army = Girls und Panzer: Little Army = Prequel of "GuP".

Now, lets go to the questions:

(1) The anime "GuP" is a faithful adaptation of its manga "GuP"?

(2) The anime goes till the last chapters of the manga "GuP"? In other words, the last episode of the anime is equivalent to the last(s) chapter(s) of the manga? Or the manga wasn't totally adapted till its end?

(3) If the first "(1)" question (above) is a "yes" answer, from which chapter should i start reading (the manga - "GuP") if i don't want to start from the beginning?

(4) If the first "(1)" question (above) is a "more or less" answer, from which chapter you guys recommend to start reading (the manga - "GuP") if i don't want to start from the beginning? *In this question number "(3)", i accept "Start from the beginning" as an answer if its the best way.

(5) I have read "GuP: Little Army" manga, and i watched all the anime episodes of "GuP", however, (from now on, will contain "GuP: Little Army" spoiler)
TechOtakuSep 1, 2014 7:16 PM
Sep 2, 2014 3:58 AM

May 2012
Viteracf said:
I have read the whole "GuP: Little Army" manga; I haven't even started the "GuP" manga yet; and, i've already watched the whole anime.

*GuP = Girls und Panzer.

Actually, Girls und Panzer is an anime original series and the GuP manga is the adaptation. The GuP manga started a little early to promote the anime.

Viteracf said:
(2) The anime goes till the last chapters of the manga "GuP"? In other words, the last episode of the anime is equivalent to the last(s) chapter(s) of the manga? Or the manga wasn't totally adapted till its end?

Yes but it's the other way around. The manga goes till the last episode of the anime.

The manga started earlier(June 5, 2012) than the anime(October 9, 2012) but the anime ended first(March 25, 2013) and the manga just ended in Japan last February 2014.

The GuP anime and manga are similar but with some deviations like the GuP anime is told from Miho's perspective while the GuP manga is told through Yukari's perspective and some battles have different takes between anime and manga.

Viteracf said:
(3) If the first "(1)" question (above) is a "yes" answer, from which chapter should i start reading (the manga - "GuP") if i don't want to start from the beginning?

I suggest your start from the beginning if you want to understand it even if you already watched the anime. Although, fan-translated chapters are still incomplete as of this time so you might want to hold on it for a while.

Viteracf said:
(4) If the first "(1)" question (above) is a "more or less" answer, from which chapter you guys recommend to start reading (the manga - "GuP") if i don't want to start from the beginning? *In this question number "(3)", i accept "Start from the beginning" as an answer if its the best way.

Same answer as no. 3

Viteracf said:
(5) I have read "GuP: Little Army" manga, and i watched all the anime episodes of "GuP", however, (from now on, will contain "GuP: Little Army" spoiler)

Already answered this in a previous question of yours in the GuP manga section.
zenjamibuSep 2, 2014 4:08 AM
Sep 2, 2014 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
zenjamibu said:
Viteracf said:

*GuP = Girls und Panzer.

Actually, Girls und Panzer is an anime original series and the GuP manga is the adaptation. The GuP manga started a little early to promote the anime.

Viteracf said:

Yes but it's the other way around. The manga goes till the last episode of the anime.

The manga started earlier(June 5, 2012) than the anime(October 9, 2012) but the anime ended first(March 25, 2013) and the manga just ended in Japan last February 2014.

The GuP anime and manga are similar but with some deviations like the GuP anime is told from Miho's perspective while the GuP manga is told through Yukari's perspective and some battles have different takes between anime and manga.

Viteracf said:

I suggest your start from the beginning if you want to understand it even if you already watched the anime. Although, fan-translated chapters are still incomplete as of this time so you might want to hold on it for a while.

Viteracf said:

Same answer as no. 3

Viteracf said:

Already answered this in a previous question of yours in the GuP manga section.

Zenjamibu, thanks again! really useful answers!

I think it'll help other people too.

"I can already see the future!"

'Panzer vor!' - Go Pro, Go WoT.
Jan 28, 2015 5:17 AM
Aug 2008
Another difference is that the manga doesn't make you drop a couple hundred dollars to see the match with Anzio. (I mean, seriously? Even on normal DVD, it costs more than the rest of the anime series?)
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Jan 28, 2015 11:00 PM

May 2012
Nyperold said:
Another difference is that the manga doesn't make you drop a couple hundred dollars to see the match with Anzio. (I mean, seriously? Even on normal DVD, it costs more than the rest of the anime series?)

If you are talking about the Japanese BD/DVD, I think you are forgetting the other stuff included in it when it was first released. Besides, it's been a while since the releases of the TV series and the OVA BD/DVD, I'm pretty sure the buying Japanese otaku would have time to save up on it especially if they really love the series. Also, the Anzio OVA is much more enjoyable than the manga version.
zenjamibuJan 28, 2015 11:07 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.