Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2014 11:05 AM
Jun 2014
Damaein said:
TBH it's pretty dangerous, and while impressive, I don't really appreciate it. My brother runs (less now that he's older). He started practicing by running off of our two story house. He's always been acrobatic and fearless but he has been injured many times. I wouldn't suggest it unless you need that kind of rush.

I personally have only ran a couple of times and looking back it wasn't the smartest thing I ever did.

How serious was your brother and was he any good?
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Sep 1, 2014 11:21 AM

Dec 2011
My brother did gymnastic at a competitive level for 9 years. After that he felt bored, so he started running. He was pretty good and had a lot of experience in the air.

I wouldn't say my brother was ever serious about anything though. When he started dating, the GF pretty much shut it down so I haven't seen him run in probably a year or two.

I heard about him and two of his friends running in an abandoned warehouse a few months ago. As one of them was arrested for trespassing, the others neither confirmed nor denied their involvement.

If you want a good starting point take some tumbling classes at a local gym. It'll give you air awareness and some core strength.
text27 said:
yes if you read the whole thing...robots will only kill the people you put in-front of them so yeah.

RandomChampion said:
u were that homie in the thong werent u
Sep 1, 2014 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
It looks cool but doesn't look applicable at all.
Sep 1, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
I only do parkour if I feel physically threatened. I do a mix of 2x speed Capoiera (for offense) and Parkour (for mobility + defense). Blows most threats out of the water unless a scimitar is involved (I can't defend against scimitars for some reason, they're my achilles heel).
Sep 1, 2014 11:50 AM

Dec 2011
Capoiera is terrible as a combat form. You might as well try to fight using Feng Shui...
text27 said:
yes if you read the whole thing...robots will only kill the people you put in-front of them so yeah.

RandomChampion said:
Sep 1, 2014 11:56 AM

May 2012
totally awesome, shame that I am not athletic ;)
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Sep 1, 2014 11:56 AM
Jun 2014
Damaein said:
My brother did gymnastic at a competitive level for 9 years. After that he felt bored, so he started running. He was pretty good and had a lot of experience in the air.

I wouldn't say my brother was ever serious about anything though. When he started dating, the GF pretty much shut it down so I haven't seen him run in probably a year or two.

I heard about him and two of his friends running in an abandoned warehouse a few months ago. As one of them was arrested for trespassing, the others neither confirmed nor denied their involvement.

If you want a good starting point take some tumbling classes at a local gym. It'll give you air awareness and some core strength.

Yea, I don't know what the police would do if they saw a bunch of guys running around and climbing buildings. I'm looking to combat my fear of heights too.
Sep 1, 2014 12:06 PM

Feb 2014
I am not in the least bit of athletic. I was one of the kids who ran out of breath early and walked while the athletic kids were running like a goddamned horse when the class had to run a single lap. Not to mention the hellish 1-mile running. Something as fancy as Parkour is not for people like me.
Sep 1, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2014
I once thought about doing it, then I remembered that I enjoy being alive. It does look cool though. It's more impressive in real live than on videos however.
This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! My love, my anger, and ALL MY SORROW! - Domon Kasshu - G Gundam
Sep 1, 2014 12:55 PM
Jun 2014
Gundamlove said:
I once thought about doing it, then I remembered that I enjoy being alive.

That's a good one hehe
Sep 1, 2014 1:02 PM
Jun 2014
Theaterofhope said:

Nah, fuck that. I'd never go that high.
Sep 1, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2011
You shouldn't really try any of that unless you are fearless. Fear is what gets you hurt most of the time. Bailing at the wrong time, not fully committing to a jump or rotation, etc.

Obviously, knowing your limits is important. Overcoming them is great, but fear of heights is probably a deal breaker that could get you injured.
text27 said:

RandomChampion said:
Sep 1, 2014 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
Why would you partake in the French sport of running away?
Sep 1, 2014 2:02 PM
Jun 2014
Damaein said:
You shouldn't really try any of that unless you are fearless. Fear is what gets you hurt most of the time. Bailing at the wrong time, not fully committing to a jump or rotation, etc.

Obviously, knowing your limits is important. Overcoming them is great, but fear of heights is probably a deal breaker that could get you injured.

There are ways to fight certain fears. Google time!
Sep 1, 2014 3:45 PM
May 2007
i have been watching parkour videos since the discovery channel and the like back in the 90s. i did tae kwon do during that time and felt it was good for my speed and flexibility. i used to practice that stuff on the playground as a kid until i got in trouble from jumping on the top of the monkey bars and then another kid tried it and broke his arm.
Sep 1, 2014 6:19 PM
Jan 2014
Not really interested in it, although I had a cousin who used to ( not sure if he's still practicing) practice parkour, he broke a few bones here and there and it requires a shitload of train to be able to perform most of the stunts.

I believe the most beautiful place to parkour has to be greece.
Sep 1, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2014
Looks boring.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Sep 1, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2012

that's wassup.
Konbu is important
Sep 1, 2014 7:54 PM

Dec 2011
That's pretty legit @_@
text27 said:

RandomChampion said:
Sep 1, 2014 7:59 PM

Jan 2014
LashLethal said:
once you start chasing careers, you forget who you are.
Truest thing I've read all day.

Parkour I don't know about. Looks like monkey business to me. When you say runner do you mean running normally, or is this just slang for a parkour-er? I do run, but not parkour.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 9 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
21 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

3 by DesuMaiden »»
28 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 6 hours ago

1 by KitsuFrost »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.