Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2014 4:39 AM

Feb 2012
LunaticFringe said:
Korrvo said:
Well it is a harem with a not-a-bitch MC.

I said "don't suggest stuff like SAO". I don't really care if he's a bitch or not, no way in hell i'm watching this show.
Wise decision, you will save yourself 50 eps of misery.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2014 4:43 AM
Apr 2013
LunaticFringe said:
Korrvo said:
Well it is a harem with a not-a-bitch MC.

I said "don't suggest stuff like SAO". I don't really care if he's a bitch or not, no way in hell i'm watching this show.
Why not?
Aug 31, 2014 5:01 AM

Jul 2012
Try the original Tenchi Muyo OVA series. http://myanimelist.net/anime/539/Tenchi_Muyo!_Ryo-Ohki
Its what
Demonine said:
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari - http://myanimelist.net/anime/5781/Isekai_no_Seikishi_Monogatari
This is one of the best , if not the best harem i've watched .

is a spinoff of. The original should have less fanservice and be more story and character oriented.
Keep in mind its a tad old though.
Aug 31, 2014 6:08 AM

Apr 2012
All of this are decent harem leads, there're some better than others, but at least none of them are pussies. In most of them, they actually have the guts to confess their love right away. I've avoided to recommend you Isekai No Seikishi Monogatari, because you already have it in your PTW. But let me tell you something, I've seen almost every decent harem in anime, maybe even EVERYTHING :D ; and I've watched also the whole Tenchi Universe, and less a little movie, isekai no seikishi is by far, the best series. Not that the other ones, are not good enough, they're awesome.

Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka
Amagami SS (omnibus format)
Chrome Shelled Regios
Gift: Eternal Rainbow
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Kiss x Sis (TV)
Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Photokano (omnibus format)
Princess Lover!
Utawarerumono
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Aug 31, 2014 6:34 AM

May 2010
Chrome Shelled Regios
Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls (The MC doesn't get beaten up by the girls, but I personally found him unlikable; Anyway, it still fits your description)
Negima!?
Tears to Tiara
Utawarerumono
Aug 31, 2014 6:47 AM

Feb 2014
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The World God Only Knows)
Aug 31, 2014 6:48 AM

Sep 2012
Vhailor said:
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The World God Only Knows)
shit I forgot about this one

this^
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 31, 2014 8:47 AM

Aug 2014
Obviously Sword Art Online +5.
Aug 31, 2014 10:09 AM

Jul 2013
Kami Nomi is your answer.

Ai Yori Aoshi is also great. The MC and the harem are college students so no nonsensical beat up. Just decent slice-of-life with a dash of romance.

The currently airing Rokujouma is also good. The MC is competent and the girls don't fall for him right away, each has their own arc (although the MC is really just in love with one girl)

Ars Nova (not sure if you can consider it harem though). Plenty of action, MC is the cool smart type, great soundtrack.

Other than that: Yuushibu, NouCome, Koi to Senkyou, Princess Lover, & Sekirei. IIRC those series had no "MC being beaten by girls" trope.
Aug 31, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
Thank you all for the recommendations. Except to those who suggested SAO, of course.
Aug 31, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
Campione maybe. He probably makes out with most of the girls in the anime
TensoonAug 31, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 31, 2014 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
The World Only God Knows
Aug 31, 2014 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
Bakemonogatari, the guy is the best MC of all time
lol
Aug 31, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2014
justvincexd said:
Campione maybe. He probably makes out with most of the girls in the anime

I'm watching this one right now, pretty decent harem.
Aug 31, 2014 2:23 PM

Jun 2014
+1 to The World God Only Knows.

SAO is not a harem.
Aug 31, 2014 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
Clayten said:

SAO is not a harem.

I heard it's an harem but even if it's not, why do people recommend it then ?
Aug 31, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 2014
LunaticFringe said:
Clayten said:

SAO is not a harem.

Every girl Kirito meets
want his dick. But he only gives it to Asuna.

So I don't know why it gets recommended for Harems. And even then, most of the girls get shoved to the side fast.
Aug 31, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2014
xRatatosk said:
LunaticFringe said:

Every girl Kirito meets
want his dick. But he only gives it to Asuna.

So I don't know why it gets recommended for Harems. And even then, most of the girls get shoved to the side fast.

And that's exactly what an harem is, a bunch of girls wanting one guy's dick, it doesn't matter if he doesn't like all of them, it's still an harem.
Aug 31, 2014 2:51 PM

Jul 2014
I need to word my shit better lol. I know that's what it is.

But anyways, I was getting at that it's just a bad one.

xDarkraiAug 31, 2014 2:54 PM
Aug 31, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2014
harem-
A genre in manga and anime where a single (often ordinary) guy is liked and followed by bunch of girls (3 or more) who are all madly in love with him.

Only Asuna follows him kkthxbai
Edit:Even if you do choose to count his sister it isn't 3
Aug 31, 2014 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
Clayten said:
harem-
A genre in manga and anime where a single (often ordinary) guy is liked and followed by bunch of girls (3 or more) who are all madly in love with him.

By that definition you can't count Bakemonogatari a harem (since none of them are actually following Araragi around) but we all know that it is a harem. In fact, by that definition you can't even count Nisekoi and To Love-Ru a harem since the characters usually have at most only 2 girls following them around at a single arc. In Nisekoi's case it's almost always Chitoge (who follows Raku around as his fake fiancee) with only Marika actively pursuing Raku. In TLR, only Momo is constantly following (and actively courting) Rito around with other girls just sort of bumping into him here and there.

SAO is a harem.
Aug 31, 2014 11:14 PM

Aug 2014
Clayten said:
harem-

I'm sure "following" isn't exactly included in the definition of harem. They don't have to be following that person...

Aug 31, 2014 11:22 PM

Sep 2012
When a show has one male character, and then literally every single other significant character besides maybe like, 2 at most, is female, it's a fucking harem.
Aug 31, 2014 11:31 PM

Jun 2014
MoeGod said:

SAO is a harem.

Haven't seen Nisekoi nor very much of To Love-Ru so I cant judge those animes.
But then again I'm not talking about those animes.

I should have assumed people would take the word "follow" literally, as if they're some sort of inseparable enigma. Although by reading your post you already seem to know what I'm trying to say. When I say follow, I mean the females are as you said "actively pursuing" the mc. If you want to convince me SAO is a harem, please explain how Lis is apart of Kirito's "Harem" when shes really only in 2 episodes or so and doesn't make any attempt to pursue him. Not even gonna get into Suguha's situation. In both cases the females don't even try to make him love them. To be honest it really isn't a harem if the mc shuns the idea of being with them, but im sure people would also disagree with that.
Aug 31, 2014 11:39 PM

Jun 2014
Nisekoi is funny and has a lovable main protagonist. Some call him dense, but I've yet to find an MC with such a pure heart that he unknowingly helps everyone he meets.

Aug 31, 2014 11:44 PM

Jun 2014
Red_Keys said:
When a show has one male character, and then literally every single other significant character besides maybe like, 2 at most, is female, it's a fucking harem.

I guess Higurashi is a harem then.
Aug 31, 2014 11:48 PM

Sep 2012
Clayten said:
Red_Keys said:

Absolutely.
Aug 31, 2014 11:49 PM

Feb 2013
Harem with a decent male lead... it's that even possible?

Aug 31, 2014 11:56 PM

Jul 2013
Clayten said:
MoeGod said:

SAO is a harem.

Haven't seen Nisekoi nor very much of To Love-Ru so I cant judge those animes.
But then again I'm not talking about those animes.

I should have assumed people would take the word "follow" literally, as if they're some sort of inseparable enigma. Although by reading your post you already seem to know what I'm trying to say. When I say follow, I mean the females are as you said "actively pursuing" the mc. If you want to convince me SAO is a harem, please explain how Lis is apart of Kirito's "Harem" when shes really only in 2 episodes or so and doesn't make any attempt to pursue him. Not even gonna get into Suguha's situation. In both cases the females don't even try to make him love them. To be honest it really isn't a harem if the mc shuns the idea of being with them, but im sure people would also disagree with that.

Uhh.. you can say the same with most of these harem anime. I mean who exactly is actively pursuing Araragi other than Nadeko and Senjougahara? (who's not even "pursuing" him since she's already his gf). I saw you watched TWGOK (which if you ask 100 people, 100 would say it's a harem) where none of the girls were actively pursuing Keima. Not even during the Goddesses arc except for 2 girls, which became sort of a love triangle at the end rather than a harem. The rest just appeared for one arc and disappeared (just like Suguha). During the Goddesses arc some returned and showed some sort of interest to Keima (just like Liz & Silica to Kirito) but that's it, still they are considered as part of the harem anyway.

The comparisons are endless, I could use plenty of similar situations from other harem anime but that would be redundant. Also IIRC both Liz and Silica wanted to pursue Kirito at the end although deterred by Asuna (there was a one month pact or something)
MoeGodSep 1, 2014 12:10 AM
Sep 1, 2014 12:45 AM

Jun 2014
Red_Keys said:
Clayten said:

Absolutely.

Of course, I could just feel the romance oozing from that one lol.

MoeGod said:
Uhh.. you can say the same with most of these harem anime

Once again, not talking about those animes. I think its safe to say that someone who's requesting a recommendation for a harem anime, wants to see the MC deal with multiple romantic relationships (and most likely in the majority of the episodes). That is why Bakemonogatari, twgok, to love-ru, *insert endless comparisons* can be still considered harems. There's rarely more then one female on the screen at a time in SAO, let alone have it focus on any romantic aspects.

A better example of an actual harem would be Sekirei.
Sep 1, 2014 2:19 AM
Oct 2011
Campione
Nisekoi
Tokyo Ravens
No Game No Life
Oreimo
Steins;Gate
Hidan no Aria
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Mayo Chiki

Airing now:
Mahouka Koukou no Reittousei
Sep 1, 2014 2:29 AM
Aug 2014
SAO is no more a harem than Berzerk. Just because females gets infatuated with the lead doesn't mean that it is a harem. Having all females fall for the hero is just a common troupe in action and adventure stories. The MC in SAO doesn't speak with, gets noticed by or even looks at a girl in the first episode. And even in the entire first half of the anime there is only one girl that shows up in more than one episode. How anyone can call that a harem is beyond me...

As for the thread, I think that Clannad is a great example. The MC in that story actually feels like a person that the girls could fall for, something i feel is missing in most harems.
Sep 1, 2014 8:15 AM

May 2014
nyanko-sensei749 said:
Campione
Nisekoi
Tokyo Ravens
No Game No Life
Oreimo
Steins;Gate
Hidan no Aria
Mayo Chiki

Airing now:

NGNL, Steins;Gate and Hidan no Aria is nothing near a harem. Especially NGNL and S;G.

OT: Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance seems good for you. Its still airing, the male mc is intelligent and has a good background. He also isn't the stupid klutz male mc that is both stupid and useless like for example Rito from To Love-Ru.
Sep 1, 2014 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
sToRMyQ said:
nyanko-sensei749 said:
Campione
Nisekoi
Tokyo Ravens
No Game No Life
Oreimo
Steins;Gate
Hidan no Aria
Mayo Chiki

Airing now:

NGNL, Steins;Gate and Hidan no Aria is nothing near a harem. Especially NGNL and S;G.

OT: Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance seems good for you. Its still airing, the male mc is intelligent and has a good background. He also isn't the stupid klutz male mc that is both stupid and useless like for example Rito from To Love-Ru.

Seirei Tsukai looks interesting. I'll watch it once it's done airing.
Sep 1, 2014 5:09 PM

Apr 2012
N
LunaticFringe said:
sToRMyQ said:

Not at all for you. True is that the MC is awesome, but there's a tsundere implied who constantly abuses him by nonsense. That's why I didnt rec u that
Sep 2, 2014 12:54 AM

May 2014
kentick said:
N
LunaticFringe said:

Not at all for you. True is that the MC is awesome, but there's a tsundere implied who constantly abuses him by nonsense. That's why I didnt rec u that

And the abusement technically did nothing to stop the MC's awesomeness as he ignored most of that like a boss so I guess its fine.

At least it's far from To Love-Ru or Zero no Tsukaima level I guess.
Sep 2, 2014 3:09 AM

Jul 2014
Maybe, the snarky ones. Those from Clannad, Kanon, Air, Haruhi Suzumiya.
Sep 2, 2014 6:02 AM

Apr 2012
sToRMyQ said:

And the abusement technically did nothing to stop the MC's awesomeness as he ignored most of that like a boss so I guess its fine.

Its exactly the same that ZnT...
Sep 2, 2014 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

actually pretty good and it's airing now
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Sep 2, 2014 8:23 AM

May 2014
kentick said:
sToRMyQ said:

Its exactly the same that ZnT...

For some reason I think its far from it... the male mc is far from retarded and very likeable, unlike the spineless retard from ZnT.

And Claire is at least much cuter than Louise too, you dont get Est in ZnT do you? But then that may be so because i've never watched alot of ZnT. Correct me if i am wrong.

Vnime said:
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

actually pretty good and it's airing now

+1
Sep 2, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2014
sToRMyQ said:
kentick said:
N

You're saying thr guy gets abused and just ignores it ? If that is the case then kentick is absolutely right, not a show for me.
Sep 2, 2014 11:43 AM

Apr 2012
mc is a Slave spirit (tsun-proclaimed) to tsundere and everytime she seee him with another girl is : I will burn you to cindeers or some catchphrase like that
Sep 2, 2014 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
kentick said:
mc is a Slave spirit (tsun-proclaimed) to tsundere and everytime she seee him with another girl is : I will burn you to cindeers or some catchphrase like that

Gosh, that's exactly the type of shows i hate. I removed it from my PTW.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
7 minutes ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
3 hours ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 4 hours ago

3 by Longnines »»
3 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
8 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Yesterday

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.