Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2014 6:39 PM

Aug 2012
If Kuma can send people to wherever he wants to, why can't he send someone to Raftel?

"there is a distance limit"

There is no proof for that, as far as we know he can lock people in the travelling bubble forever. Also, he sent Luffy and his crew through a really long distance, and that wasn't even his limit, he intentionally sent each one of them there so that they could train.

Plothole?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 30, 2014 8:37 PM

Jan 2013
My guess is that he can only send others to place he has already been.
But this would mean that he already went to Boa Hancock island.
Aug 30, 2014 8:51 PM

Jun 2013
riqueterremoto said:
My guess is that he can only send others to place he has already been.
But this would mean that he already went to Boa Hancock island.

Probably needs to know where the place is, Kuma knows where Amazon Lily is, not Raftel.
Aug 30, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2010
Kuma can send people but he needs to know where the place. Since he was never there and Roger crew didn't draw a map to everyone see it is a little hard for him to send people there (this is what i believe in terms of is power but for more info on that you should check the bible theory about island vivre cards that he have in the book). And we don't know if he can make them travel forever we know only that the trip can take several days.

And even without the logic arguments let's just look to the people around him. Why would he send someone there? Luffy for sure would never accept that since would be the same than hear from Rayleigh. He wants the journey and there is no plote hole because it's StrawHat and his crew history! So why would we care if other people is there? Roger was there and the history continues... Besides Luffy wouldn't have the power to return from there. In other note in your perspective everyone that have the power to fly can go to Raftel without problem? Because that's exactaly what Kuma makes them do it. What would be the difference between a logia flying to Raftel and people going in a bubble there?
If not Luffy then the other person that could go would be Dragon since Kuma worked for him. The thing is Dragon doesn't look very interessed in that so even if he wanted to send someone and HE COULD doesn't look that he would.
Aug 30, 2014 9:01 PM

Nov 2010
I didn't respond because I thought someone would pick it out since it's so obvious. But it's because Raftel isn't that easy to get to that you can just go to it. Roger was even going to tell Whitebeard how to get to it, that must mean there's some trick. There are DFs where you can fly, pirates have been all over the grandline for years, the government is afraid of what's ever in there and has control of the red line(which raftel should be near). And they've never gone to it. There has to be some trick or something else preventing people from getting there.
Aug 30, 2014 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
There's probably a reason for it, just hasn't been revealed yet. Why do people always jump the gun and scream "PLOTHOLE!!!" so soon without giving the author the time to actually explain it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 11:29 PM
Oct 2012
He most likely needs to know where the exact location of where he wants the person sent is.
As he has never been there, there are no maps of it, and no one is even sure if it exists,
he couldn't just sent someone there. It's not like if he teleports them, he repels them with
his ability to a certain direction and location.

Also, seeing how the Grand Line's weather and geometry are theoretically 'random,' it
would be rather reckless for him to send someone into the most dangerous part of that sea
without knowing what type of treacherous unforcast natural obstacles they will be 'repelled' through.
Aug 31, 2014 1:00 AM

Jan 2014
I pointed this out as a plot hole months ago, along with others related to it.

Even if not Raftel, why not use it to facilitate travel anywhere?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2014 5:06 AM

Aug 2012
Minagatachi said:
There's probably a reason for it, just hasn't been revealed yet. Why do people always jump the gun and scream "PLOTHOLE!!!" so soon without giving the author the time to actually explain it?
You know, after more than 600 episodes, I think he had time enough.

You're all saying that he has to be in the place before sending someone there, but... Isn't that extremely convenient? He conveniently visited nine places that were extremely comfortable for the training of LUffy's crew. Did he really visit Okama Island? The girls on Boa Hancock's Island claim that Luffy was the first man to ever get there.

"He just has to know the general location", I don't think so. How would he know that those nine places were good for training? I mean, if he has never visited them, there is no way he would know that Luffy and his crew would have a great time training there and getting stronger. Ergo, that would mean he did try to kill them.

There is a plothole there no matter how you see it.
lupadimAug 31, 2014 5:10 AM
Aug 31, 2014 6:51 AM

Oct 2013
lupadim said:
Minagatachi said:

You're all saying that he has to be in the place before sending someone there, but... Isn't that extremely convenient? He conveniently visited nine places that were extremely comfortable for the training of LUffy's crew. Did he really visit Okama Island? The girls on Boa Hancock's Island claim that Luffy was the first man to ever get there.

"He just has to know the general location", I don't think so. How would he know that those nine places were good for training? I mean, if he has never visited them, there is no way he would know that Luffy and his crew would have a great time training there and getting stronger. Ergo, that would mean he did try to kill them.

I know where Brazil is, but I never went there. Is that a plot hole as well?

People don't even know what a plot hole is in here. Is baffling!
It doesn't matter if Kuma can make traveling easier, or if he can send people to Raftel! Be able to do something is totally different than actually doing it!
The possibilities of what somebody can do are infinite! Even though there are infinite ramifications of actions, a person can only do one, so not doing a ramification is not an error or a plot hole. What is a plot hole and a error is when somebody does something that he couldn't do given the preestablished rules. For example: Seeing a Devil Fruit user swimming in the sea. That is a plot-hole not Kuma being able to send people to Raftel, but never doing that.

So what people are talking is not even plot hole from the beginning. But more than not being a plot hole, people talk like those should be the most natural course of action for the characters, but it isn't.
Kuma sending somebody to Raftel? Who?
Kuma facilitate traveling to somebody? Who?
Kuma sending the Mugiwara to train? Who said that he sent them to train? That was an assumption that was totally put as a possibility, but not a very strong one! Kuma just said he had an idea to help them! The funniest thing is that Luffy ended in a place where it had nothing to do with his training! Raileight had to went there and then take him to another island for training. Ussop also ended in an island that eat and trap everything, if Kabuto wasn't trapped in it as well, Ussop would be a goner by now. Robin was sent to the bridge construction, that had also nothing to do with training, in reality it was a slave workplace. If the revolutionary army hadn't went there to end the slavery and get more personnel and if they weren't already looking for Robin, she wouldn't have trained at all. Brook was sent to a poor country with nothing! If the all thing with the long arm black market dealers hadn't happened there wouldn't be any training at all. Sanji was sent to the Okama island. Ivankov and a lot of Okamas were in Impel Down at that time, do you think he would have trained in that situation? The same goes for the rest. Do Kuma sent them for training? Maybe. Maybe he tried to think of the best place for each one of them to do just that, but it wasn't super convenient! And if it was I don't see what the problem given that it was a conscious action by somebody that had already watched their fighting abilities.
Please Lupadin don't go vaguely assuming something and because of that assumption saying that other things are plot holes.
Aug 31, 2014 7:39 AM

Apr 2014
Keyword is the conversation between Shirohige and Roger.
Roger said "should I tell you [b]HOW[/b] to get to Raftel?
that mean there's some trick or some way to get to Raftel, everybody in One Piece world know where Raftel is, it's the last island on the Grand Line, it's in the end on the Grand Line, yet Roger is the only one who able to prove it's existence.

another simple answer, how did he send people to a place he don't know where.
lupadim said:
Did he really visit Okama Island?

Don't you know his connection with Ivankov? of course he did.

tr1ckst3rAug 31, 2014 7:43 AM
Aug 31, 2014 8:11 AM
Oct 2012
tr1ckst3r said:
that mean there's some trick or some way to get to Raftel, everybody in One Piece world know where Raftel is, it's the last island on the Grand Line, it's in the end on the Grand Line, yet Roger is the only one who able to prove it's existence.

Or.. that quote probably or most likely means that Roger is asking Whitebeard if he wants him to tell him the directions and location......

Anyway, I don't think he has to have gone to the place where he sends people... He just needs to know where the place is. Like if you want to go to a store.. Do you have to have been there before to get there? No, you could know where it is by map, GPS, or directions. And about him sending the Strawhats to train.. Where did you guys hear that? He probably just sent them to different islands and places without a specific ulterior motive like having a perfect place for them to train.. Like bigivelfhq points out:
bigivelfhq said:

Kuma sending the Mugiwara to train? Who said that he sent them to train? That was an assumption that was totally put as a possibility, but not a very strong one! Kuma just said he had an idea to help them! The funniest thing is that Luffy ended in a place where it had nothing to do with his training! Raileight had to went there and then take him to another island for training. Ussop also ended in an island that eat and trap everything, if Kabuto wasn't trapped in it as well, Ussop would be a goner by now. Robin was sent to the bridge construction, that had also nothing to do with training, in reality it was a slave workplace. If the revolutionary army hadn't went there to end the slavery and get more personnel and if they weren't already looking for Robin, she wouldn't have trained at all. Brook was sent to a poor country with nothing! If the all thing with the long arm black market dealers hadn't happened there wouldn't be any training at all. Sanji was sent to the Okama island. Ivankov and a lot of Okamas were in Impel Down at that time, do you think he would have trained in that situation? The same goes for the rest.

Lets just say he did send them to train.. If anything, he would have just split them up to make each of them strong enough to return to the Sabaody Archipelago on there own... Which would there fore be a type of training, but not specific like you guys claim..
Aug 31, 2014 8:20 AM

Nov 2010
rickylrico said:

Or.. that quote probably or most likely means that Roger is asking Whitebeard if he wants him to tell him the directions and location......
The directions and location?

Once again there are flying devil fruits, devil fruits like Don and Kuma's that allow you to traverse the sky, Pirates have been all over the sea for dozens of years seeking it, the world government with all their power wants to destroy it for a long time, people can go along the red line, there are floating sky islands that can travel over the world, everyone in the world knows about it. But not a single person since Roger has gotten there has been able to get there. It's clearly not so easy to get there and there's probably a secret to getting there like trickster said. It might not even be a normal island, could be underwater or in the sky or in space.

And I agree with you that he doesn't have to have been there, but he at least needs to know where it is.
Aug 31, 2014 8:24 AM

Aug 2012
Come on, people.

Let's suppose he just needs to know where the place is.

How could he send Luffy's crew to train in a place he has never visited before? How would he be 100% sure that they would be able to train there and survive? Luffy almost died a couple of times on Boa Hancock's island.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisSep 10, 2014 9:14 AM
Aug 31, 2014 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
lupadim said:
Come on, people.

How could he send Luffy's crew to train in a place he has never visited before? How would he be 100% sure that they would be able to train there and survive? Luffy almost died a couple of times on Boa Hancock's island.

why do you know he never visitied all of those Island? Kuma is one of the Commander in Revolutionary Army and he already gone to a lot of place with Dragon.
the purpose of Kuma sending them all flying to a different place is not for training, Kuma want to save them from blood sucking laser firing monster that trying to kill them.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisSep 10, 2014 9:17 AM
Aug 31, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2012
tr1ckst3r said:
lupadim said:
Come on, people.

why do you know he never visitied all of those Island? Kuma is one of the Commander in Revolutionary Army and he already gone to a lot of place with Dragon.
the purpose of Kuma sending them all flying to a different place is not for training, Kuma want to save them from blood sucking laser firing monster that trying to kill them.
Simple: Boa Hancock and all the other girls there said that Luffy was the first man to ever get there.

Or did he visit the Island and without even getting to see any of the Island citizens, simply said "wow this must be a good place for training"?

ChikiyuTensh said:
And Who Said That Kuma Sent Them To "Train" In The First Place? It Was Just A Possibility That He Did, He Might've Sent Them To A Totally Random Islands Just To Get Them The Hell Out Of Archipelago Sabaody

Well You see The Thing Is He Did Send Them To Train Try Watching The Anime Before Speaking Such Nonsense
VudisSep 10, 2014 9:17 AM
Aug 31, 2014 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
Kuma is rather old, a warlord and a revolutionary. It's not like he conveniently had been to only these select islands, he also knew exactly how to get to Thriller Bark when asked by the govt. It's fair to assume over the years he has traveled a good portion of the world. Look how many islands Luffy has been to in the course of a couple years, in comparison Kuma has had plenty of time.

And of course there was no 100% proof his plan would work out if he did intend for them to train. Sending Luffy to Hancock does make some sense if Kuma also knew of her past though. Luffy's recent actions were pretty likely to bring her to his side. A gamble for sure though.

There is definitely some convenience in the whole situation but nothing with no explanation whatsoever imo. Well maybe Brook, not exactly sure how he was supposed to train in that situation.

Edit: I do think we will get an actual explanation someday. Franky brings it up after the TS and says something along the lines of "there isn't any way to figure out what he was truly thinking at this point". Years down the road when they meet Vegapunk though would make sense though.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisSep 10, 2014 9:19 AM
Aug 31, 2014 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
lupadim said:
Well You see The Thing Is He Did Send Them To Train Try Watching The Anime Before Speaking Such Nonsense

ffs, he don't send them to train man... can't you even understand that? they train because Luffy decide to postpone their meeting for 2 years because you know, lot of thing happen to him.

lupadim said:
Simple: Boa Hancock and all the other girls there said that Luffy was the first man to ever get there.

Rayleigh know how to get there, that vice admiral know how to get there, everyone know how to get there but they can't since it's the nest of Sea King.
Aug 31, 2014 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
tr1ckst3r said:
lupadim said:

ffs, he don't send them to train man... can't you even understand that? they train because Luffy decide to postpone their meeting for 2 years because you know, lot of thing happen to him.

lupadim said:

Rayleigh know how to get there, that vice admiral know how to get there, everyone know how to get there but they can't since it's the nest of Sea King.
And what's your point?
Aug 31, 2014 4:51 PM

Jul 2013
lupadim said:
Minagatachi said:

"You know, after more than 600 episodes, I think he had time enough." - We don't fully understand his ability, therefore we can't judge how it works. Just like how Doflamingo's ability took 600 episodes to be fully revealed, Kuma's has yet to be revealed. It's not a plothole, you're just impatient.

Bottom line is don't try to comprehend something you know nothing about. I don't just go have a bridge built when I know nothing about engineering.
MinagatachiAug 31, 2014 4:56 PM
Aug 31, 2014 4:52 PM

Nov 2013
I'm gonna compare it to fly in the pokemon games where you can only fly to places you have been already, so he can probably only send people to places he has been.
Aug 31, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
Celestrial2 said:
I'm gonna compare it to fly in the pokemon games where you can only fly to places you have been already, so he can probably only send people to places he has been.
How has Kuma been to Amazon Lilly, a place where men are hated?
Aug 31, 2014 5:21 PM

Nov 2010
Minagatachi said:
Celestrial2 said:
How has Kuma been to Amazon Lilly, a place where men are hated?
Because they didn't catch him. I believe men have gotten on the island before, they just killed them, could they kill Kuma or could he be there without them knowing? No and yes
IntroverTurtleAug 31, 2014 5:27 PM
Aug 31, 2014 5:26 PM

Aug 2012
Minagatachi said:
lupadim said:

"You know, after more than 600 episodes, I think he had time enough." - We don't fully understand his ability, therefore we can't judge how it works. Just like how Doflamingo's ability took 600 episodes to be fully revealed, Kuma's has yet to be revealed. It's not a plothole, you're just impatient.

Bottom line is don't try to comprehend something you know nothing about. I don't just go have a bridge built when I know nothing about engineering.
IF you're going to hide behind your faulty conjecture, very well. It might as well never be explained.
Aug 31, 2014 5:36 PM

Jun 2010
What you are doing is assuming one thing but the thing is we don't know the real thing since we can all write many scenarios like you saw in all this posts.
There is no plothole because like i said before what's the difference between all logia flying to Raftel and people going in a bubble? I just don't see the diference because in your perspective anyone with ability to fly can just go direct there. And the other is LUFFY WANTS the journey he would never accept going to Raftel like that (is the same scenario why he didn't want Rayleigh to tell him what OP is). Just stop trying convince people of something when you can only make theories like everyone.
Aug 31, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
Sunat said:
What you are doing is assuming one thing but the thing is we don't know the real thing since we can all write many scenarios like you saw in all this posts.
There is no plothole because like i said before what's the difference between all logia flying to Raftel and people going in a bubble? I just don't see the diference because in your perspective anyone with ability to fly can just go direct there. And the other is LUFFY WANTS the journey he would never accept going to Raftel like that (is the same scenario why he didn't want Rayleigh to tell him what OP is). Just stop trying convince people of something when you can only make theories like everyone.
Let's see:

- Bubbles are extremely fast, while flying is extremely slow. It would take many days to go from Island X to Island Y by flying, and flying must be pretty tiresome (just like running)

- Flying requires wings, bubbles doesn't

- Flying people might get shot down by other flying people
Aug 31, 2014 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
Maybe because no one knows where Raftel is....? How can someone send someone off to a location where they have no knowledge of?

Think before stating its a plothole.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 1, 2014 1:59 AM

Jul 2013
lupadim said:
Minagatachi said:

IF you're going to hide behind your faulty conjecture, very well. It might as well never be explained.

Let me ask you this, is it a plothole that Shanks scared away a Sea King in the first episode? He was standing in the water so it was obvious that he didn't have a Devil Fruit, how could he have possibly done it? Oh, that's right, Haki. Still a plothole though, because it took too long for Haki to be formally introduced.
Sep 1, 2014 2:21 AM

Jan 2014
It's a plot hole, no matter how hard people justify the thing.

So Kuma has been to Amazon Lily? Yeah just so he can send Luffy there sometime?
Any proof of this? If Kuma truly been to so many places it only proves further how easy travel should have been, either way.

Minagatachi said:
lupadim said:

Let me ask you this, is it a plothole that Shanks scared away a Sea King in the first episode? He was standing in the water so it was obvious that he didn't have a Devil Fruit, how could he have possibly done it? Oh, that's right, Haki. Still a plothole though, because it took too long for Haki to be formally introduced.

It's a shonen trope of intimidation.
If Oda truly confirmed/tried tying it to Haki, then it's a plot hole.
Sep 1, 2014 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
How the hell can this be a plothole if we don't know about the real intentions of Bartholomew Kuma? He was part of the Revolutionary Army and joined the marine side. Why should he be clearing Luffy's path to be the Pirate King? And we don't even know if he can effectively do it because it's stated in the manga and the anime that nobody can even confirm the existence of Raftel except for Gol D. Roger and his crew (chapter 105). And it's much easier that Kuma knows where Amazon Lily, Mihawk's island, Vegapunk's birthplace and some other random islands are than Raftel. He doesn't need to have stepped in Amazon Lily for Christ's sake. The marine and World Government know where is the territory of each Shichibukai, as seen when they were called to participate in the war. It's extremely easy for Kuma to know where are these islands.
Sep 1, 2014 2:55 AM

Jul 2013
Grunbeld said:
It's a plot hole, no matter how hard people justify the thing.

So Kuma has been to Amazon Lily? Yeah just so he can send Luffy there sometime?
Any proof of this? If Kuma truly been to so many places it only proves further how easy travel should have been, either way.

Minagatachi said:

It's a shonen trope of intimidation.
If Oda truly confirmed/tried tying it to Haki, then it's a plot hole.
Ok, let's assume that he DID try tying it to haki and that he wasn't just being cliche, why is that a plothole?

You're under the misunderstanding that ANY piece of information that isn't known is a plothole. Do you honestly think that EVERY single piece of information that is present within a series that is expected to go for 1000+ episodes should be present within the first episode?

Haki is exactly like Nen, it was hinted at but was only formally introduced at a certain point in the story. Yet I highly doubt you'd call Nen a plothole, because that's in Hunter x Hunter and that would mean HxH has a flaw.
Sep 1, 2014 3:02 AM

Jan 2014
Because
1- it wouldn't make sense for him to lose an arm
2- absolute lack of Haki presense between the two momets claimed to be haki. Then somehow there was an abundance. And don't give me the New World excuse since many were pre-TS.
Sep 1, 2014 3:19 AM

Jul 2013
Grunbeld said:
Because
2- absolute lack of Haki presense between the two momets claimed to be haki. Then somehow there was an abundance. And don't give me the New World excuse since many were pre-TS.
Yes, they're plotholes, but that's not relevant to what I'm talking about. They're plotholes for the reasons you said, but not because it took a while for Haki to be introduced.

Kuma's ability still has mysteries, it's not a plothole, we just don't know exactly how it works. It will probably be revealed eventually, until then we have definitive information that it will NEVER be revealed, then we have no reason to call it a plothole, and if it isn't revealed then it's a loose-end, not a plothole.

We only have hints about Kuma's ability so analyzing it is pointless, let alone calling it a plothole. In that exact same way, it would've been pointless if I tried to analyze nen when we only have hints about it, and even more pointless to call it a plothole.
Sep 1, 2014 3:25 AM

Oct 2010
Uhm, Shanks' instance is difficult to justify and may qualify for a plothole but it is probably equally absurd for the fanbase to assume that the Shanks who appeared ten years before the timeline of the series had exactly the same level of haki, or whatever thing this ability means, he has as an stablished Yonkou.

Anyway, it's pretty clear to me that this is either not haki, or an use of haki that hasn't been explored yet. So far, it turns that we have three types of haki:
-Busoshoku, it allows the user to hit Logias/intangible users and to create a hardened armor.
-Kenbunshoku, it allows the user to observe, to sense the presence of the enemy and predict their acts.
-Haoshoku, which falls more in the intimidation aspect.

I think that Shanks' display there specifically refers to the ability to communicate with animals that Roger was confirmed to have, and Luffy has shown for instance when he fought Duval's giant bull or in the Fishman Island arc with the Sea Kings. Which is so far a hinted and unexplored field but seems to be diverging from what we know of haki so far, so it's likely that it's another source of power.
jal90Sep 1, 2014 3:31 AM
Sep 1, 2014 5:01 AM

Apr 2014
It's Haki, Haoshoku Haki, since Raileygh already show us HH when he train with Luffy, and it show the same effect as what Shank and Luffy did.
Sep 1, 2014 5:28 AM

Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
Grunbeld said:
Because
Yes, they're plotholes, but that's not relevant to what I'm talking about. They're plotholes for the reasons you said, but not because it took a while for Haki to be introduced.

Kuma's ability still has mysteries, it's not a plothole, we just don't know exactly how it works. It will probably be revealed eventually, until then we have definitive information that it will NEVER be revealed, then we have no reason to call it a plothole, and if it isn't revealed then it's a loose-end, not a plothole.

We only have hints about Kuma's ability so analyzing it is pointless, let alone calling it a plothole. In that exact same way, it would've been pointless if I tried to analyze nen when we only have hints about it, and even more pointless to call it a plothole.

Yes we don't know the extent, but the most logical explanation is the Togashiesque 'condition' of having visited the place before, which is all well and good, I mean I like stuff that are open for interpretation like that, so the theory holds up even without confirmation, "as long as one person can make sense out of it, it's legit".

BUT, the issue here is that this theory introduces pretty much a similar plothole regarding how people traverse the OP world.

Note that I'm not talking about Raftel specifically bu travel in general.

Jal, it's also equally absurd to assume chapter 1 shanks was so fodder while having had haki when newbie luffy could easily handle them just with an elongated arm punch.
Sep 1, 2014 5:46 AM

Oct 2010
With Luffy it did -just reread it and yep, it qualifies as an instance of Conqueror's Haki, I only remembered the giant bull running away but not falling- but not with Shanks. Fundamentally, because we don't see the Sea King fainting. He simply orders the monster to get lost.

Anyway. Haki or not. I reread that part as well and it doesn't qualify for me as a plothole. The fact is that Shanks' arm is taken off before he makes use of his power. It is taken off when he focuses his efforts on saving Luffy. Haki as has been shown so far is not a permanent stat, it is, rather, a power that emerges from a state of concentration in fight.
jal90Sep 1, 2014 5:49 AM
Sep 1, 2014 9:17 AM

Apr 2014
Luffy said it himself that Haki is used by many people and one of those people that he saw using Haki is Shanks.
That power that Shanks used to drive away that monster is Haki according to the One Piece world itself.

and I'm at loss of word to people that say "why don't just send them to Raftel if he can send them to a various Island?" as a plot hole
is this the best you can do in pointing out One Piece plot hole?
tr1ckst3rSep 1, 2014 9:20 AM
Sep 1, 2014 11:02 AM

Mar 2014
I don't think Kuma has to have visited the place himself to send someone there. As long as he knows where it is he can send someone there. So whether or not he's ever been to Amazon Lily is irrelevant, and him knowing where it is isn't surprising. The Marines know where it is they just can't visit it due to the clause with Hancock in her Schichibukai agreement.

I don't think anyone apart from Roger and his crew now where Raftel is so Kuma is unable to send someone there.

In regard to Kumas DF powers there is no major plothole.

The only thing questionable is if he meant to send everyone to where they ended up or was it just a coincidence? Sanji-Zoro-Franky-Nami-Chopper-Robin you can see that he sent them to their locations on purpose. Robin was sent to a place where he knew the Revolutionaries would show up. I have no idea about whether Usopp was sent to that place intentionally. Brooks is most definitely a fluke- he only joined the crew after Thriller Bark so I doubt Kuma knew much about him. Whilst Luffy's seems a lucky coincidence because no way in hell did Kuma predict that Hancock would fall in love with Luffy.

3/9 flukes is a believable cover up for me.
Sep 1, 2014 5:04 PM

Apr 2014
Humza_96 said:

The only thing questionable is if he meant to send everyone to where they ended up or was it just a coincidence? Sanji-Zoro-Franky-Nami-Chopper-Robin you can see that he sent them to their locations on purpose. Robin was sent to a place where he knew the Revolutionaries would show up. I have no idea about whether Usopp was sent to that place intentionally. Brooks is most definitely a fluke- he only joined the crew after Thriller Bark so I doubt Kuma knew much about him. Whilst Luffy's seems a lucky coincidence because no way in hell did Kuma predict that Hancock would fall in love with Luffy.

3/9 flukes is a believable cover up for me.

this is officially still mysteries in which they talked about it in the ship once on the way to Fishman Island.
IIRC regarding to Kuma send them flying to different place someone said that, "how did he know that we will be able to regroup again?" and then Franky said, "we don't know and we don't have any way to find out since Kuma is already become Human Weapon" and else.
Sep 1, 2014 5:12 PM

Aug 2012
Minagatachi said:
So what if it took too long? That's not a plothole if it was explained later on.

Kuma and his bullshitty powers will NEVER be explained. It should have been explained before Kuma lost his memory. Now it doesn't even matter anymore.

By the way, Haki is different for each person.

Enel can spectate the whole world and predict the movements of anyone. Luffy has an extremely weaker version of that Haki (just like most people actually)

Shanks can have his conqueror haki turned on the form of an aura, Luffy can only release some bursts of Haki.

Vergo can strengthen his whole body, Luffy can only do so to some body parts.

The list goes on.

Shanks was weaker 10 years ago. He doesn't has the power to do "bursts", or at least he didn't had such power 10 years ago. He could only use his aura. So when the sea monster appeared, Shanks turned on his aura, but as he was still weak it took some seconds for the sea monster to be affected by Shank's haki. Thus, he ended up losing an arm.

There you go.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisSep 10, 2014 9:54 AM
Sep 1, 2014 8:03 PM

Jul 2013
lupadim said:
Minagatachi said:
So what if it took too long? That's not a plothole if it was explained later on.

Kuma and his bullshitty powers will NEVER be explained. It should have been explained before Kuma lost his memory. Now it doesn't even matter anymore.
lupadim is time traveler confirmed.

If that's true though, that's a loose-end, not a plothole.
Sep 2, 2014 2:36 AM

Aug 2012
Minagatachi said:
lupadim said:

DIdn't you say that it wouldn't be a plothole anymore when Oda explained it? Facepalm
Sep 2, 2014 5:12 AM

Jul 2013
lupadim said:
Minagatachi said:

DIdn't you say that it wouldn't be a plothole anymore when Oda explained it? Facepalm
Note how I said "probably", I never said it was guaranteed that he'd explain it. I'm just pointing out that it is pointless to complain about plotholes until the end of the series as it is highly possible that we are just missing a vital piece of information. And in this case, if we never get that information it's a loose-end, because we never learned exactly how Kuma's ability functions.

Can you guarantee that in a few years time I won't be able to come back, necro this thread and completely shut you down with updated information from a new chapter? Innocent until proven guilty.
MinagatachiSep 2, 2014 5:19 AM
Sep 2, 2014 5:22 AM

Jul 2010
tr1ckst3r said:

one of the few meaningful things I read in this thread.

imagine this island appears only on certain days, or is reachable only if you have something on you or the blood of D.?

Sep 2, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2012
Minagatachi said:
lupadim said:
Note how I said "probably", I never said it was guaranteed that he'd explain it. I'm just pointing out that it is pointless to complain about plotholes until the end of the series as it is highly possible that we are just missing a vital piece of information. And in this case, if we never get that information it's a loose-end, because we never learned exactly how Kuma's ability functions.

Can you guarantee that in a few years time I won't be able to come back, necro this thread and completely shut you down with updated information from a new chapter? Innocent until proven guilty.
Yes, I can guarantee it.

Innocent until proven guilty? Please. It is way easier to prove that someone is guilty. So, guilty until proven innocent.
Sep 2, 2014 8:55 AM
Aug 2014
lupadim said:
Minagatachi said:

Yes, I can guarantee it.

Innocent until proven guilty? Please. It is way easier to prove that someone is guilty. So, guilty until proven innocent.

omg please stop u are making my tummy hurt...

u dont even know what a plot hole is.... u are in no position to call anyone guilty....

your whole thinking is wrong i dont even know where to start....
Sep 2, 2014 9:10 AM

Aug 2012
sunnyphoenix said:

omg please stop u are making my tummy hurt...

u dont even know what a plot hole is.... u are in no position to call anyone guilty....

your whole thinking is wrong i dont even know where to start....
You don't know where to start from because there is no starting point. My logic has a solid base. My theory is correct. And you are the one who doesn't knows what a plothole is apparently.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
VudisSep 10, 2014 9:58 AM
Sep 2, 2014 9:24 AM
Aug 2014
lupadim said:
You don't know where to start from because there is no starting point. My logic has a solid base. My theory is correct. And you are the one who doesn't knows what a plothole is apparently.

lol the delusion...

your logic is flawed.... if we can call that logic...

and u clearly dont know what a plot hole is

Sep 2, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2012
sunnyphoenix said:

lol the delusion...

your logic is flawed.... if we can call that logic...

and u clearly dont know what a plot hole is[/quote]Do you really think so? Well, care to explain to us what is a plothole?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 388 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Feb 8, 2009

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Feb 2, 2009

59 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.