Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2014 4:34 PM
Jun 2013
Here are some animes that i rated 10/10 (MASTERPIECE, but just to me i guess its my opinion and taste):

Berserk
Shigurui
Souten Kouro
Gantz
Baccano
Gifuu Doudou Kanetsugu to keiji
Sword Of The Stranger
Tezuka Osamu no Buddha
Death Note
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen

Ok what i need is an anime that is:

1.Mandatory: Brutally honest and doesn't magnify death, I want death to be so sudden and normal, I want characters that were made to make emotional attachments with the watcher and with heavy backgrounds to DIE when theres no way out, I also dont mind the protagonist dying at all.

2.PREFERABLY: in japan edo era or in middle ages or in a desert in arabia, anything that has swords and is realistic, no powers or stuff or atleast on a scale of 1 being COMPLETELY realistic and 10 being Bleach or DBZ, I dont want it going past 5; (dont mistake powers for figurative manifestations of WILL, when i say no powers i mean all those powers with names and all that, but i dont mind a spiritual tiger flying with your arrow when you throw it because that isnt literal its just a way to show how overwhelming your bow skills are etc .. I still liked Gantz and Baccano and Death Note afterall, so aslong as this anime has the other points except this one I'm fine with it.

3.Mandatory: I want a realistic protrayal of the protagonist's abilities and strength, i dont want some ichigo or goku sh*t going on .. When the protagonist cant win, thats it he loses (and even loses a finger or gets a scar or something) ..

4.Mandatory: not censored in anyway shape or form. NO CENSORING, NO CENSORING, NO CENSORING. I dropped Tokyo Ghoul at Ep 2. So no censoring (be it nudity or blood) .

After all these points it's pretty obvious that the anime has to be seinen xD.

Thanks in advance guys, by the way my first post, its so tiring going through google so i thought maybe it would work out best if i post my request in a place full of ppl with passion xD.
RockWarAreaAug 30, 2014 4:39 PM
Aug 30, 2014 4:37 PM

Nov 2013
Code Geass
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Aug 30, 2014 4:40 PM
Jun 2013
Celestrial2 said:
Code Geass
Hunter x Hunter 2011

Didn't like code geass, I watched both HxH 2011 and 99 i enjoyed 99 more but its a small difference 11 is good in its own way too.
Aug 30, 2014 4:41 PM
Jan 2009
Code Geass is absolutely nothing similar to what OP asked for

I think you should read Eden: It's an Endless World if you want something brutally realistic, yet still awesome
Aug 30, 2014 4:46 PM
Jun 2013
Nyron said:
Code Geass is absolutely nothing similar to what OP asked for

I think you should read Eden: It's an Endless World if you want something brutally realistic, yet still awesome

Thx i'll add it to my 2-read-list for manga, never read manga but I have Vagabond on top of the list, just waiting for the right moment, manga isnt that time consuming so im pretty sure ill start reading it someday.
Aug 30, 2014 4:49 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
maybe try pyscho pass

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Aug 30, 2014 5:18 PM

Apr 2013
I'd give Shinsekai Yori a shot. It is sci-fi but you'll see that in a sense that the society is not very technologically advanced. There are pretty mature themes throughout. MCs are not overpowered and there is a lot of death. Trigun is solid and has that western/desert vibe although there isn't much death in the beginning. It changes in the last quarter of the show though. Katanagatari (don't be fooled by the art), Break Blade (people die and it's one of the more realistic mechas in a desert-like setting), Neon Genesis Evangelion (crazy shit goes down and a good amount of death).
Aug 30, 2014 5:30 PM

Mar 2014
I think you'd probably like Desert Punk.
It's kind of a mixture of comedy and action, but all of the action is somewhat realistically portrayed (no spirits or sci-fi, but perhaps some over-the-top stuff). The main character isn't super over-powered, either, more just a good strategist.
Also, it takes place in a desert, which is one thing you asked for.

As for character deaths, I've only seen a few episodes, so I don't know how they handle character deaths, if there are any at all.
::End of Transmission::

Aug 30, 2014 5:55 PM
Jun 2013
manman365 said:
maybe try pyscho pass

I hear of it alot ill put it on my hold list thx ^^

deanzel said:
I'd give Shinsekai Yori a shot. It is sci-fi but you'll see that in a sense that the society is not very technologically advanced. There are pretty mature themes throughout. MCs are not overpowered and there is a lot of death. Trigun is solid and has that western/desert vibe although there isn't much death in the beginning. It changes in the last quarter of the show though. Katanagatari (don't be fooled by the art), Break Blade (people die and it's one of the more realistic mechas in a desert-like setting), Neon Genesis Evangelion (crazy shit goes down and a good amount of death).

Ill check the first 3, but for the last 2 idk i dont like mechas alot one of the reasons i didnt like code geass, thx for the effort btw.

vigorousjammer said:
I think you'd probably like Desert Punk.
It's kind of a mixture of comedy and action, but all of the action is somewhat realistically portrayed (no spirits or sci-fi, but perhaps some over-the-top stuff). The main character isn't super over-powered, either, more just a good strategist.
Also, it takes place in a desert, which is one thing you asked for.

As for character deaths, I've only seen a few episodes, so I don't know how they handle character deaths, if there are any at all.

I read the review ill put it on my plan to watch list :D thx ^^

More topics from this board

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

13 by Starfallash »»
11 minutes ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

9 by Chisuku »»
46 minutes ago

» Recommendations for manga with very close relationships

kamui_susanoo - 11 hours ago

3 by JKKH »»
2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - 6 hours ago

1 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

9 by iamnottesslol »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.