Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2014 2:58 PM

Sep 2009
Do you judge peoples personalities on their Facebook profile pictures?
Does a profile picture alter your perception of an individual?
What do you think of people who use pictures of cartoon characters, cars etc as their profile picture?
What's your current profile picture?

I always find that i judge an individual on their profile picture without even meaning to. I think it can say a lot about a person, their hobbies, how they spend their free time etc.
I always assume that if a person doesn't use a picture of themselves that they're an intense fanboy/girl or ugly.
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2014 3:02 PM

Dec 2008
I don't really judge people based on their Facebook profile picture. But I think it's a little weird when they don't use a picture of themselves as their profile picture. It's like they are trying to hide something.
Aug 30, 2014 3:03 PM
Dec 2010
- Well yeah, I'm a shallow fuck so obviously it gives me an impression of them. (can be said for both first and second question)
- Meh. I don't really care what picture they have, unless I want to stalk them.
- I have a picture of drunk me as a profile picture. Surprise surprise.

OP is shallow and so are we. To some extent.
Aug 30, 2014 3:04 PM
Jan 2014
unconsciously, we all do. Thats how the human brain works. Humans are judgemental beings

of course

What do you think of people who use pictures of cartoon characters, cars etc as their profile picture?
I dont mind

I dont have a profile picture on FB.

Aug 30, 2014 3:05 PM
Dec 2013
gravityhappens said:

1. No
2. No
3. Indifferent
4. Me
Aug 30, 2014 3:07 PM

Jan 2014
I assume people who use 'mirror selfies' as their profile pictures have horrible taste. And yes, I judge them harshly for that shit.

If they're not using Facebook for social purposes, and instead for, say, keeping track of certain pages or to play games (ha!) I don't mind what picture they use. But if they do plan on interacting with other people, it's silly to not use a real picture.
Aug 30, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
gravityhappens said:

1. Yes. Seductive selfies (tongue stuck out, cleavage, whatever) always give me an impression that the person likes to be fawned over and likes attention. Pictures with their full body in some kind of scenery gives me a down-to-earth feel. There's a lot of more reasons...
2. Yes. I may look down on them depending on their facebook things.
3. Of other people/actors/singers...Weird. Of anime characters...Depends on if the anime's good. Of cars...They like it a lot.
4. Self portrait drawn on Photoshop lol

gravityhappens said:
I always assume that if a person doesn't use a picture of themselves that they're an intense fanboy/girl or ugly.

Or they want to play it safe. Or they're self conscious about their looks. I'm one of the people who don't use my own picture, simply because I don't have a suitable one.
Aug 30, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2014
To a degree I do sometimes. But then I just ignore all that.

If its an adult it's understandable. They either don't "get" social media as much, or they're married and use a holiday picture of like a mountain or something.

If it's a good drawing then they're probably an artist that makes their own characters to represent themselves.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.

May 2012
First impression: Yes, definitely.
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Jan 2014
ScazoN said:
gravityhappens said:

1. No
2. No
3. Indifferent
4. Me
lies
http://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2014/08/05/our-brains-judge-a-faces-trustworthinesseven-when-we-cant-see-it.html said:

Our brains are able to judge the trustworthiness of a face even when we cannot consciously see it, a team of scientists has found. Their findings, which appear in the Journal of Neuroscience, shed new light on how we form snap judgments of others.

“Our findings suggest that the brain automatically responds to a face’s trustworthiness before it is even consciously perceived,” explains Jonathan Freeman, an assistant professor in New York University’s Department of Psychology and the study’s senior author.

complete paper: http://psych.nyu.edu/freemanlab/pubs/2014Freeman_JNeuro.pdf

Jun 2014
1.Nah
2.Nah
3.I don't care I used to have my Favourite sport team logos and a Death grips logo as my profile pic.
4. A picture of myself.
Aug 30, 2014 3:10 PM

Sep 2012
I use tinder, so I judge a lot of people on their Facebook profile pictures lol.

gravityhappens said:
What do you think of people who use pictures of cartoon characters, cars etc as their profile picture
They're awkward and probably ugly.

gravityhappens said:
Like, post it?
Aug 30, 2014 3:12 PM

Mar 2013
gravityhappens said:

- Not really
- Not really
- I don't care
- I don't have facebook
Aug 30, 2014 3:13 PM

Aug 2014
It doesn't matter.

Not my profile, not my picture.

Also my Facebook is my Facebook, I put what I want.
Aug 30, 2014 3:13 PM

Mar 2014
Yes
No
Probably weebs
Don't use facebook
Aug 30, 2014 3:14 PM
Dec 2013
cabacc2 said:
ScazoN said:

1. No
2. No
3. Indifferent
4. Me
lies
rude, i am serious for reals

Red_Keys said:
gravityhappens said:
Like, post it?
yes
Aug 30, 2014 3:48 PM
Mar 2013
1) Yes I do judge them based on their facebook picture
2) Yes it does alter my judgement of a person
3) people who don't use pictures of themselves are much cooler
4) I have a picture of araragi atm
Aug 30, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
gravityhappens said:

I always find that i judge an individual on their profile picture without even meaning to. I think it can say a lot about a person, their hobbies, how they spend their free time etc.

[i]At times, but I'm sure it's normal to judge on first impression[/i]

[i]Nah not really[/i]

[i]What you think of us since almost all of us using anime/cartoon pictures as our profile pictures here?[/i]

[i]An anime character[/i]

Ain't nothing wrong with having a different picture of yourself on fb. its your profile, you can post anything you want there. well almost anything.
Aug 30, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2011
Red_Keys said:
ScazoN said:
yes
Sure, why the hell not.

Inspired partly by my username :)

Take me now

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Aug 30, 2014 4:40 PM

Aug 2013
-Do you judge peoples personalities on their Facebook profile pictures?
Nah, I can't really figure out someone's personality just from a picture.

-Does a profile picture alter your perception of an individual?
It depends on what they're doing in said picture, I have a friend who's profile picture is of them cooking in a one piece swim suit, if that's not asking for attention, I don't know what is.

-What do you think of people who use pictures of cartoon characters, cars etc as their profile picture?
Probably afraid to show their face or they just find those things cool

-What's your current profile picture?
My current profile picture is me in New York with some Batman Cosplayer lol.

Red_Keys said:

Sure, why the hell not.

Your appearance changes every time your post a picture, and you should try organizing your clothes.
Aug 30, 2014 4:40 PM

Jan 2011
Red_Keys said:
ScazoN said:
yes
Sure, why the hell not.

Dude we have the same hairstyle. So I'm gonna ask, how the fuck do you keep your fringe in place when it's windy?
Aug 30, 2014 4:58 PM

Aug 2014
Vanser said:
I don't really judge people based on their Facebook profile picture. But I think it's a little weird when they don't use a picture of themselves as their profile picture. It's like they are trying to hide something.
I used to be like that, but I kinda thought whatever and posted one
Aug 30, 2014 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
I never use my real photo because I don't want my face floating around the 'net.
Aug 30, 2014 5:03 PM

Aug 2011
It's kind of a turn off for me when I see somebody on Facebook who isn't using a picture of themselves for their profile. Especially if I don't know them and they send me a friend request or something.

I mean, it's Facebook. Not MAL. I like seeing people's faces, but I don't go around judging people because of that one small thing.

Red_Keys said:

Wow, you look totally different from the last time I saw you. That was while back, though...

Aug 30, 2014 5:08 PM
Jul 2014
I don't really care about Facebook pictures or what they can mean, except if it's a girl in bikini. My actual profile picture is this.

Aug 30, 2014 5:08 PM

Mar 2014
I stopped using Facebook, but i just had a regular pic of myself.
Aug 30, 2014 5:20 PM

Jan 2014
apachelsalvador said:
I don't really care about Facebook pictures or what they can mean, except if it's a girl in bikini. My actual profile picture is this.

Is that you?
Aug 30, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2014
Mashiro-Yuki said:
I never use my real photo because I don't want my face floating around the 'net.
We will discover your true identity someday Mashiro...
Aug 30, 2014 5:37 PM

Mar 2014
Don't have a facebook, so don't have to judge people based on their picture.
Aug 30, 2014 5:39 PM
Aug 30, 2014 5:45 PM

Aug 2011
R4vel said:
No I don't judge, but I'm racist as fuck.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Thank you.

Aug 30, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2014
R4vel said:
What's facebook? No I don't judge, but I'm racist as fuck.
wat lol
Aug 30, 2014 6:07 PM

Mar 2014
If it's a picture of their penis we'll get along just fine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 6:13 PM

Mar 2013
BarryManilow said:
If it's a picture of their penis we'll get along just fine.

EWE GAY
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 30, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2013
gravityhappens said:

No. I rather talk to a person first before I make any judgements about a person's personality.
gravityhappens said:

No. Again, I would rather talk to a person before I make any judgements about a person.
gravityhappens said:

If they use a cartoon character for their Facebook profile, that probably means they really like that cartoon.
gravityhappens said:

A picture of my face drinking an ice cappuccino.
Aug 30, 2014 8:02 PM
Jul 2014
Sabylas said:
apachelsalvador said:

Is that you?
Yes, indeed. I played the role of Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story on Ice.
Aug 30, 2014 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
Lime_ said:
Take me now
<3

ThePimp said:
Your appearance changes every time your post a picture
Tsindria said:
Wow, you look totally different from the last time I saw you. That was while back, though...
Probably because the pictures I've posted have been taken months apart. I'm not sure what you guys have seen, but some of those pics might be over a year old.

Also, my hairstyle changes often. I think this is the first pic I've posted (to you guys at least) where my hair is straightened.

ThePimp said:
and you should try organizing your clothes.
Those are new clothes I picked up and didn't put away yet. It's mostly underwear ;)

ReaperCreeper said:
Dude we have the same hairstyle. So I'm gonna ask, how the fuck do you keep your fringe in place when it's windy?
Well, if the wind is blowing really hard, there's not much I can do about it when I'm actually out in it. How messed up it gets depends on which direction the wind is blowing. If it's coming right at me, I can just tilt my head somewhat so that it blows my hair in the direction it follows on my face. Same as if its coming from my right (hair goes to the left). If its coming from my left though, I'm pretty much out of luck.

But I straighten my hair in that direction, so it usually just takes a head shake or a finger comb thing to get it to set back like that after its been messed up. Also, if I'm biking somewhere or something (I bike to campus sometimes), I'll put on a hat so it doesn't get all messed up. If I'm wearing a hoodie I might just put my hood up.
Aug 30, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2014
i don't even use Facebook cuz it's cancerous.
Aug 30, 2014 8:27 PM

Apr 2013
https://www.facebook.com/max.villain.10?fref=ts

Look at THIS Facebook and tell me you can't judge this guy by his Facebook pictures.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 30, 2014 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
apachelsalvador said:
Sabylas said:

Is that you?
Yes, indeed. I played the role of Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story on Ice.

What a looker.
iSheep said:
https://www.facebook.com/max.villain.10?fref=ts

Look at THIS Facebook and tell me you can't judge this guy by his Facebook pictures.

And you're implying that's not actually YOUR Facebook?
Aug 30, 2014 9:33 PM

Apr 2013
Sabylas said:
And you're implying that's not actually YOUR Facebook?

Dude. This Facebook is all based in a video game. I know most of MAL is pretty lame, but I'm also certain none of us on MAL are THIS lame.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 30, 2014 9:35 PM

Jul 2013
Gotsupermilk said:
R4vel said:
What's facebook? No I don't judge, but I'm racist as fuck.
wat lol
I think my brain cells are committing suicide after reading that
Aug 30, 2014 9:52 PM

Mar 2012
gravityhappens said:

Dunno, don't care.
I don't even like facebook anyways, I only used mine to contact people, I deleted it though, I have to recreate it again :x
Aug 30, 2014 10:47 PM

Mar 2014
No
No
That's me.
My profile picture on MAL.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Aug 31, 2014 1:32 AM

Jan 2011
Red_Keys said:
ReaperCreeper said:
Well, if the wind is blowing really hard, there's not much I can do about it when I'm actually out in it. How messed up it gets depends on which direction the wind is blowing. If it's coming right at me, I can just tilt my head somewhat so that it blows my hair in the direction it follows on my face. Same as if its coming from my right (hair goes to the left). If its coming from my left though, I'm pretty much out of luck.

But I straighten my hair in that direction, so it usually just takes a head shake or a finger comb thing to get it to set back like that after its been messed up. Also, if I'm biking somewhere or something (I bike to campus sometimes), I'll put on a hat so it doesn't get all messed up. If I'm wearing a hoodie I might just put my hood up.

Too bad for me the wind seems to always be blowing from the left.
Aug 31, 2014 1:37 AM
Nov 2008
i think mine's a drawing of me.
Aug 31, 2014 1:44 AM

Mar 2012
---Do you judge peoples personalities on their Facebook profile pictures?
Depends, if it's just a regular photo of yourself then no.

---Does a profile picture alter your perception of an individual?
This also depends, it could of the picture is weird or something like that.

---What do you think of people who use pictures of cartoon characters, cars etc as their profile picture?
Lame. Don't use facebook if you're unwilling to show your own face.

A picture of myself, didn't change it in years tho :")
Aug 31, 2014 1:49 AM
Apr 2014
• my facebook profile picture is the same with this profile pic I have here on MAL.
• yes, I judge other by their profile picture. And I think deep down I despise those who don't have even 1 picture with them among their profile pictures.
• I mean wtf? Nobody cares if you're looking like David Beckham or like a homless. Normally people want just to see your face.
For exemple I have a hard time getting friendly with the users from here on MAL because >95% of them don't have pic of them and also many of them pretend to be girls while they are boys. If they would have a pic of theirs I would be able to tell things like "this one is a gay, screw him" or "she's a whore" or "he's a nice guy" or "she's a nice girl", so I wouldn't get in useless conversations with those I don't like
Aug 31, 2014 1:51 AM

Dec 2013
Red_Keys said:
ScazoN said:
yes
Sure, why the hell not.

Wow. What a gay handsome looking man.

"After I finish fucking you. I am going to kill you."

Aug 31, 2014 1:53 AM

Sep 2012
JackFisher said:
Red_Keys said:
Sure, why the hell not.

Wow. What a gay handsome looking man.
I've only sucked two cocks, hardly gay.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

6 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » JAPAN?

BaronLukis - Apr 17

20 by AxiaG »»
5 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 8 hours ago

23 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

43 by 9765 »»
29 minutes ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - 4 hours ago

9 by Serafos »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.