Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 18, 2009 6:06 PM

Aug 2009
Ooooh, that reminds me, I need to start at least looking through pics for my badge, rats... Ahem, which also reminds me to ask: are the SID-9CBs going to count towards total count or not? SID-9 has taken on a life of its own, I think it could pass as a whole different club. Too, for me, one card (one per person, updated as often as said person wants, any previous ones would become obsolete to count, but would stay somewhere to look pretty) wouldn't do much anyway.

Oh, wait, you're doing Thanksgiving? Great! Looking forward to that for sure.... I'm looking forward to everything in fact.
Nov 18, 2009 6:11 PM

Nov 2008
So if I make a badge, should it look like a badge or a card?
Nov 18, 2009 6:21 PM

Jun 2008
since we were talking about making it harder for people to join has anyone even looked at the invites people that dont have even one card are joining,

...just something i noticed ...
Nov 18, 2009 7:12 PM

Aug 2009
FullmetalPHX said:
since we were talking about making it harder for people to join has anyone even looked at the invites people that dont have even one card are joining,

Yeah~ For all of the members that requested to get into the club, I always checked their profile first to see if they had more than 20 (since that's the current rule and etc). At times, they usually had like 50~ But personally, I haven't invited anyone ^^;; Ahaha, shame on me :P

And yeah~ I should start editing the cards to put 2009 and 2010 for SID-9...

Ahaha, I just realized that even though this is the member cards discussion thread, half of it basically posts by SID-9 members about the SID-9~

Thanks to Shiro-chan for scripting! ♥
Nov 18, 2009 7:14 PM

Aug 2009
eL_marco said:
So if I make a badge, should it look like a badge or a card?

Since you can make it anyway you want, your choice, I think. Personally, I think I'm going all out, making it like a VIP/ID badge you wear around your neck, you know? With all the trimmings, date I was "officially" named committee, oh, and what about numbers? Is it free for all or is it gonna be done in order?

FullmetalPHX said:

...Seriously? I hadn't looked...

PockyLoveLove said:
Ahaha, I just realized that even though this is the member cards discussion thread, half of it basically posts by SID-9 members about the SID-9~

Uh, yeah, this would be the "and e.t.c." part. XD
KasaraEm13Nov 18, 2009 7:17 PM
Nov 18, 2009 7:23 PM

Aug 2009
KasaraEm13 said:

PockyLoveLove said:

orz

I fail XD

And I guess for the whole badge/card thing, it's really up to your preference~ Since it'll probably look kewl either way :P

Nov 18, 2009 7:26 PM

Aug 2009

... I actually took the time to read this. Oh yes, but first, I think there really should be an application process for SID-9 as well~ :) Because that's always fun...

Oh yes, and I think first-come, first-serve would be a good way of distributing them. Because I personally think all of the holidays would be fun to do :D

Nov 18, 2009 7:37 PM

Aug 2009
PockyLoveLove said:
KasaraEm13 said:

PockyLoveLove said:

orz

I fail XD

And I guess for the whole badge/card thing, it's really up to your preference~ Since it'll probably look kewl either way :P

Big time XD ... Kidding! ^.^

It had better look good, otherwise you're kicked off the committee. :-P lol

PockyLoveLove said:

... I actually took the time to read this.

You did not, you skimmed like everyone else, admit it. >.< lol
Nov 19, 2009 1:19 AM

Dec 2007
0_0 such a long discussion~with loads of words.....
feel kinda dizzy reading thr them after a busy day><

anyway~certainly love the idea of SID-9 badge~but
isn't it SID-9 refer to 2009~and if 2010~then SID-10?? gonna make a new one??
hmm....or just leave the number!?

PockyLoveLove said:

Yup~ I was thinking something like that~ Where we claim the different holidays for maybe... I guess 2010 (by the way the SID-9 started, I'm guessing everything has to be chosen by the end of October, because that's when the new "Member Card Collectors" year will start~

hmm...would it be better not having everything chosen by the end of October..but let it go onwards til next years.
hmm...
For example, now is November 2009, holiday available will be from date after til October 2010. so.. there will be claimed list of 2 year at the same time~
just a thought ...^^"

it seem to me that i wasn't giving any useful idea at all >.<" gomen
Nov 19, 2009 2:44 AM

Dec 2008
i went to bed with my comment as the last one... and i come now, and there IS ALOT... took me some time to read it all ~_~"

well in any case....

SID-9 badge i think everyone should be doing there own ones, but there shoudl be some basicks that are the same. liek the name of th club, name of the commetie, minimum frmat like badge/ID... becouse if i didnt know and sow form one persen a badge and from another an ID i woudl think that they are diferent things... well stuff like that

SID-9... hmmm... i think it better to leave the name, that way we will allwayd knwo when the SID began to work even after a long time ^-^

Chosing first come first serve is the best way i think. we just need to come up with the date when we decide on who is taking what and start then. and we should do it like: 1 person claims one thing, 2 person claims one thing atc, when all have 1 celebration. second chosing begins. that way it would be more fare. what i meen is, if for example somehow was a bit late becouse of school or work, and the fisrt person claim all the good holidays onely becouse he didnt have school that day, it wouldnt be fare.. so i think its better to chose something in line. not sure whether i explaned it ok...

Club joining well we definitly have to have a a rule like "to join you have to have 75 cards" otherwise this club will be like every other club there is - join at will. oh and if there are ppl with less member cards, then we need to notify them that they will be kicked out if the club if they dont get inaf cards. for that porpu we could make a new topi like "member qualifications" and give them 1-2 weeks to get the nesisary cards. we could keep the dates in that topic and if that person doesnt come to MAL for 2 weeks.. well we could notify him/her that if he wants to get back in the club he need to have the nesisary card amound and be a little more active, and kick him/her out.. something liek that...

hmm.. wonder if i missed anything...
Nov 19, 2009 6:17 AM

Aug 2009
I know~ We had a whole discussion just on the SID-9 XD I think SID-9 is a good name for it.

And the staggered choosing idea also makes sense. But do you think we still need an application process? Like... examples of the cards you've made... and what programs you use... etc :P

The club joining thing could be difficult to implement though.

Anyone willing to visit 200 people's profiles and check if they have at least 20 member cards...? ^^; Or we could try and divide the work from like... A - F, G to L, M to R, S to V W to Z plus numbers and any other miscellaneous characters that may appear in usernames XD

We should make a seperate thread for SID-9 discussion. Call it the boardroom or something XD

Nov 19, 2009 6:41 AM

Dec 2008
hmmm... i`m not sure whether we need to have a application with examples, thats actualy should depend whether the creator needs proof or not. there are alot of well known member card creators to i dobt there is a need to get proof from them, but if a person you dont know asks for a holliday, then i guess you need to see what he can do firts.

well it would be hard for one person to handel. but as you sayd if we devided it, then it could be easier.
i know thats alot of work. but i dont think its fare for the ppl who allready got in with little memebr cards or even by misstake, especialy if there are ppl who want to get in but the still dont make the cut.

as for the thread.. somehow i think we would still talk everywhere ^-^"
Nov 19, 2009 8:05 AM

Jul 2009
Omg, how many new comments....
Well, I can help in searching for members who have less than 20 cards.

And yea, I like the name as it is =). 2009 is a year when this community was created, so why not SID-9?

So what about badge? Does everyone need to make they own and are there any rules in making them (like form, text, etc.)

KasaraEm13 said:

...She did? ...Wasn't that a point of mine too? ... Whoa. I might be able to use my mind.

Oh, and congrats on the 200+ posts! :-D

Have you done this? I didn't know that.
And thanks for congratulation =)

Nov 19, 2009 8:16 AM

Jun 2008
awwww man now i gota show my work!!!!!!!0_o
Nov 19, 2009 10:50 AM

Aug 2009
pupsia said:
hmmm... i`m not sure whether we need to have a application with examples, thats actualy should depend whether the creator needs proof or not. there are alot of well known member card creators to i dobt there is a need to get proof from them, but if a person you dont know asks for a holliday, then i guess you need to see what he can do firts.

Yup, this is what I mean~ If there's someone who isn't that well known but wants to volunteer, I think at that point we need proof ^^

And cheya~ SID-9 will forever remain the name of the committee ^^
PockyLoveLoveNov 19, 2009 11:04 AM

Nov 19, 2009 12:05 PM

Jul 2009
Yea, we need to check all of the members. By random clicking I have already found some with even 0 membercards...

Nov 19, 2009 12:56 PM

Jun 2008
unfortunatly only admins can remove people so maybe we should just post a list of the names

............. shhhhhhh i like the secret club...........
Nov 19, 2009 1:05 PM

Jul 2009
FullmetalPHX said:
unfortunatly only admins can remove people so maybe we should just post a list of the names

Yea, we need to divide them between admins/club officers and post names list.

Same here =)

Nov 19, 2009 1:48 PM

Aug 2009
Either posting a list of names somewhere (although that may be kinda obvious to everyone and may offend the person) may be an effective way, but I could also be messaged if need be~ I'll start reviewing the letter As and Bs or something now~

Nov 19, 2009 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
... O_O

Holy flip. I just saw the list of invited people. There were like 20 or 30!!! the other day when I checked there were only 3, and they all had the qualifications to enter the club! No wonder the club is expanding at this rate~ A lot of the members don't meet the requirements! I'll review all the invites first, and then review all the members next. If that's alright with everyone.

Nov 19, 2009 2:20 PM

Jun 2008
as you all know i offer special cards in my clubs and i also give a free pass for those cards to MCC members and i started to see lots of names i had never seen before in MCC so i was checking them thants when i noticed people were getting in with out meeting the requirements! and some were joining just cuz of that other just lie about being in MCC.
Nov 19, 2009 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah~ So far, I've gone through three pages of invites (maybe around 50 people per page?) and only 10 or so actually had the requirements to enter.

I'm going to get a lot stricter with this, so everything can probably be left to me for auditing everything and etc. I've also denied any users that requested but don't have the requirements.

FullmetalPHX said:
as you all know i offer special cards in my clubs and i also give a free pass for those cards to MCC members and i started to see lots of names i had never seen before in MCC so i was checking them thants when i noticed people were getting in with out meeting the requirements! and some were joining just cuz of that other just lie about being in MCC.

That's horrible. I can't believe people would stoop that low, though in a way I can believe it unfortunately. Oh yes, and if anyone sees a sudden decrease in members, don't be alarmed. I'm just making sure everyone has the requirements.

Nov 19, 2009 6:44 PM

Aug 2009
Oh, Lord, 2 pages. I'm gonna touch on topics. :-P lol

SID-9 Badges:
I do think there should be a base of what you need to absolutely have on it. After that, add what you want to...?

SID-9 Name:
I heard someone saying something about that. I think it should stay the same, otherwise how are we gonna kinda when it was made? "Established 2009" somewhere? Which is fine too, I suppose, but I like the name, it has a ring to it, lol.

Joining MCC:
People joining without meeting requirements via invite? Now that, I don't like. I volunteer to help find any members who don't. In fact, I'll be willing to go through all profiles, one by one... What's the new requirement? 75? Are the rank badges staying the same though? Also, did I see someone else volunteer? I don't wanna start looking and waste my time only to find out someone else checked that person already. Who are my partners in justice? Haha.

sairis said:
Have you done this? I didn't know that.
And thanks for congratulation =)

I said something about it before, I though it was kinda looked over though, haha. You're welcome, by the way.

FullmetalPHX said:

This must be all the "member card madness" that I hear about and that's what people who dislike member cards are seeing. Can't believe some people...
KasaraEm13Nov 19, 2009 6:49 PM
Nov 20, 2009 6:54 AM

Jul 2009
I think we should ask someone who knows for how long invited members stay in "Invited Members" section. If it will be N hours, that will mean than one of club officers/admins should every N hours check people in "Invited Members" list to fit the 20 card requirement.

Nov 20, 2009 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
sairis said:
I think we should ask someone who knows for how long invited members stay in "Invited Members" section. If it will be N hours, that will mean than one of club officers/admins should every N hours check people in "Invited Members" list to fit the 20 card requirement.

I've done that~ For those who have seen the list of invites, basically there used to be three pages of invites. I've cut it down to only 8 people who fit the requirements.

^ The three pages of invites to people who were unqualified = reason why our club has so many people who are unqualified~

Nov 20, 2009 11:24 PM

Jul 2009
PockyLoveLove said:
^ The three pages of invites to people who were unqualified = reason why our club has so many people who are unqualified~

Thats true, so we need tho check that list.
So for how many hours are members kept in the "Invited Members" list?

Dec 22, 2009 8:17 AM

Aug 2009
sairis said:
PockyLoveLove said:

Thats true, so we need tho check that list.
So for how many hours are members kept in the "Invited Members" list?

Uhm... I usually keep it at two weeks, and then i remove it, simply because if they're not online to notice that, then too bad XP

As well, I usually do a weekly review for all the members requesting access to make sure they have all the requirements and such~ Sometimes more often then a week, depending on how much time I have ^^;;

Mar 14, 2010 9:08 AM

Oct 2009
it's great that members get bonus cards for other clubs for being MCC....
BUT >.<++ do they really that we have no way of checking?! >.> request should be marked invalid for trying to pull such a stunt!
it's not that hard to find out since MCC member name listing is ordered alphabetically...

.......and maybe we should put on the main page in giant letters (T^T it'd mess up the plama-san's layout though, wouldn't it?) at the top "NO INVITING WITHOUT PERMISSION"
(even though it's already in the rule.......)
Mar 14, 2010 9:30 AM

Oct 2009
ok actually. this is pissing me off. i know this discussion was from a while ago
BUT it's still a persistent problem o_O

so i'm going to compile a list of MCC member usernames for public viewing
Mar 14, 2010 11:48 AM

Feb 2008
I think we should have some kind of MCC badge, but the one where it would be impossible to edit your name in without the PSD. I'm thinking something simple like having the name of the member animated some way. And if we decide to hold something out of MCC that requires you being a member of MCC, then you will have to post the badge with your request, or whatever event it is.

(Rotating Signature | Member Cards are fun~)

[Notes on Signature]124 - 172 KB, Width: 140px

Mar 14, 2010 12:01 PM

Oct 2009
@.@ that's like gonna be HUNDREDS of badges!
but it's gonna be the same problem as with member cards o_O not everyone is going to request to get one
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» [closed] 2in1 edition

suniii - Jul 13, 2012

31 by suniii »»
Sep 29, 2012 2:00 PM

Sticky: » [REQUEST] Order Your MCC Badges! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KholdStare88 - Mar 15, 2010

586 by Bishie_Kaichou »»
Jul 29, 2012 11:05 PM

Sticky: » [OPEN] 2012 Member Card Competition - Voting!

Toshiru - Mar 25, 2012

25 by Bishie_Kaichou »»
Jul 29, 2012 11:04 PM

» [CLOSED] Raido Day

Toshiru - May 9, 2012

41 by removed-user »»
Jul 8, 2012 5:39 AM

» Earth Day [closed]

suniii - Apr 26, 2012

44 by suniii »»
May 27, 2012 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.