Forum Settings
Forums

What will happen to the anime industry if illegal streaming sites/DL sites get closed by the federals/etc?

New
?
The industry is doomed
51.9%
The industry actually benefits from this
14.2%
The industry remains indifferent
33.9%
183 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2014 8:51 PM

Jun 2008
I don't stream (I have a really shitty laptop) and torrent most of my stuff, but most peeps that don't know how to torrent (I know a 26 yrs who knows shit about computer and I'm like: dude where have you been all this time?)

I'm okay if it's only streaming sites, but if they go after after fansub groups and torrent sites, and are actually able to shut them down (impossible, since trying to kill pirating is like trying to kill Hydra.)

Well, they will lose a BUNCH of cash cause I refuse to buy shit I may or may not like. Come on, those fansubs (whether you stream it or torrent it) are what let us, viewers, know if we like an anime or Manga. Maybe it will make us CONSIDER buying it.

I already buy over 5K and under 10K of Anime/Manga merchandise and video games PER FUCKING YEAR! I do average 16-17k (I still live with my parents, hue hue. I'm a horrible adult.)

So fuck japan if they do try to shut down Torrent sites, that all I can say. Don't really care about streaming site... Aside Dramacrazy... why oh whyyyyyy!! TT_TT

DDRRAMMMAACCRRAAAZZZZYYYY!! But that's because I don't know any good torrenting sites for Dramas. Someone as recommendations for good torrenting Drama sites?
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Aug 31, 2014 10:00 PM

Apr 2012
Since anime is such a niche industry and has so few people that will buy products in Western countries, they simply don't care.

Kokororin said:
hybreezy said:
60fps what in the blue fuck? this isn't video games you bumpkin

It only makes more sense to want better smoothness in a viideo you WATCH compared to a video you PLAY.
I don't care about 60fps in video games because graphics don't matter to me in video games.
But an anime obviously graphic smoothness matters more than in video games, so I don't see your logic.

You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Since video games respond to the players actions, they feel more "interactive", thus a higher FPS is needed for a natural gaming experience. Anime on the other hand feels very unnatural in 60 FPS. This may just be a result of having watched anime in 30 FPS for so long, but either way, it looks weird.
Aug 31, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 2013
It's funny seeing how low seed and leech counts are on popular anime due to the shutdown of popular sites.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 1, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2009
Kokororin said:
Will it survive for the western audience?

Discuss the future of the anime industry.

Mod Edit: Changed title to be less obvious to DL sites/Streaming sites that are illegal

I think it will have little impact on the anime industry. The main reason people illegally download or stream is because they lack funds or too damn cheap to buy anime. Unless they put in some subliminal crack into the anime disks and legal methods of getting anime I do not think those people are going to run to the stores and buy anime left and right.
Sep 1, 2014 4:13 PM

Jan 2009
nyaa torrents is down so torrenting is not an option at the moment (except if you know tokyotosho) but for times that torrenting is not an option you have to learn IRC/XDCC downloading
Sep 1, 2014 4:28 PM

Mar 2014
j0x said:
nyaa torrents is down so torrenting is not an option at the moment (except if you know tokyotosho) but for times that torrenting is not an option you have to learn IRC/XDCC downloading

just find them on other websites. nyaa isnt the only place to torrent anime
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Dec 6, 2014 5:07 PM

Aug 2007
The anime industry would probably be pretty screwed when you think about it since many pirates actually buy products after enjoying them illegally. If piracy was made completely impossible I would just stop watching anime and reading manga.
Dec 6, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2014
Drunk_Samurai said:
The anime industry would probably be pretty screwed when you think about it since many pirates actually buy products after enjoying them illegally. If piracy was made completely impossible I would just stop watching anime and reading manga.

Yeah it'd lost popularity.
Dec 6, 2014 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
babymimi said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Yeah it'd lost popularity.
Exactly.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Frieren fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - 1 hour ago

7 by Kushna »»
13 seconds ago

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - 2 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - 34 minutes ago

4 by Horizon248 »»
17 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

74 by MitsukiHimeka »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime characters you find attractive that many people won't agree with

IssyBoy - Apr 13

42 by mshfqtny »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.