Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuki is awesome~

We get some fear again triggered from Rayet this episode since one of the enemies resembles the mecha that she faced before. Asseylum looks cute in a school uniform I guess. Heh, she really is getting used to Earth life now. The stimulation battle had some cruel moments although I see it more as reality of the war. A lot built-up this episode. Slaine's faith in trying to find the princess is still quite noticeable though. I wasn't expecting that attack in the shower. Oh wow, Rayet what the hell have you done?!
Aug 30, 2014 8:26 AM

Nov 2013
wha-
i.
did.
sh-
what-
i'm speechless.
a-
i-
did someone beg urohack to script this episode again?
Aug 30, 2014 8:27 AM

May 2009
Fucking Rat
Aug 30, 2014 8:27 AM

Oct 2013
Man. This not fair
You always get to watch it first
:<
"Burn the heretics"
Aug 30, 2014 8:49 AM
Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
Fucking Rat
well if she die that well be slaine fall in darkness and end of shipping war
Aug 30, 2014 8:58 AM

May 2009
Treason should be punished with death sentence
Aug 30, 2014 9:04 AM
Jun 2013
FAK RAYET!!! shit!
Aug 30, 2014 9:08 AM

Aug 2012
Let's hope she didn't killed her .. Fuck that stupid bitch ..
Aug 30, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
Rayet wtf, your betrayal just put everyone in danger.

Aug 30, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2012
the princess peach dies?
the princess peach dies?
the princess peach dies?
the princess peach dies?
the princess peach dies?
the princess peach dies?
the princess peach dies?

pls make it happen
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 30, 2014 9:10 AM

Apr 2014
To end with that..... god damnit.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Aug 30, 2014 9:17 AM
Jul 2013
Nooo DOn't diee ;_;
Aug 30, 2014 9:24 AM

Mar 2014
Ehh. Raws are so unassuming to see. Though whatever happened sort of postulated to and reminded me of my man Uro. I'm still expecting for this to be yet another of that body double crap.
Aug 30, 2014 9:32 AM
Jul 2011
I hope she does die this time. The show will be more interesting without a generic peace princess character. She can always have her windpipe cut open to allow air get in and be connected to a medical equipment to maintain her life for the rest of the cour. She'll be in a vegetable state.

That way they won't have an easy ticket out war.
Aug 30, 2014 9:33 AM
Jul 2013
Well considering she was choked, I think she just passed out? Maybe...
Aug 30, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2014
So I was wrong about Nikoleras return. So sad... :((

I give Rayet credit for the most deep character in this show.

Next ep start with Inaho doing CPR maybe?

She can't die again...

She was strangled by Slaine's "good luck charm". This irony...

If she is still alive, high chance is that she has memory lost. She will be Seylum, instead of Princess Asseylum.
Just_ChickenAug 30, 2014 9:50 AM
Aug 30, 2014 9:44 AM
Mar 2012
well rayat tell them 1000 time that she hate martians and they are all enimies they are the stupid ones didnt predict that and where the noisy maid she is female didnt she should take bath with her and inaho really prove that he doesnt care about the princess
Aug 30, 2014 9:46 AM

Apr 2008
So Sazbaum comes out from the start that he's part of the traitors. DIdn't expect that.

Finished watching the raw. Rayet you are a fucking moron. Yes kill the one who keeps the fucking ship afloat. Pure genius.
Darklight0303Aug 30, 2014 9:57 AM
Aug 30, 2014 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
Oh shit, wtf rayet :C
yes you really hate martian but that doesn't mean you have to kill the princess as well -,- Princess shows her pretty good wiill, Pure genius.
she should taking her revenge against the one who made the damn conspiracy

Aug 30, 2014 10:06 AM

May 2012
So its confirmed urobutchi doing ep1-3 and ep9-12 ?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 30, 2014 10:10 AM

May 2012
Btw, the irony is strong in this episode
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 30, 2014 10:21 AM
Jul 2014
Holy shit was NOT expecting that. Guys do you think she is really dead?
Aug 30, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2012
Holy shit, I did not see that coming at all.

Tinygiant88 said:
Holy shit was NOT expecting that. Guys do you think she is really dead?

lol, you literally took the words right out of my mouth.

I don't think she's dead-dead yet, just almost dead, like unconscious and not breathing. I think they'll revive her... but ya know, I could see something like this happening in the series so I don't know O.o
redinsideAug 30, 2014 10:29 AM
Aug 30, 2014 10:31 AM
Mar 2012
Her death wouldn't have any purpose in the plot.

Either way, forced dramatic cliffhangers at the end of every episode are leaving a poor taste in my mouth.
I fear for the season finale.

And as other people mentioned, Inaho will obviously save her with CPR.
Slaine is still useless outside of giving villains an excuse to drown us in exposition.
SailorMintAug 30, 2014 10:49 AM
Aug 30, 2014 10:35 AM

May 2012
Yo WTF just happen!?

Is the princess dead? I'm mean the Aldnoah drive lost power. She not getting back up. Why did she do that. That was so unexpected. Man I hope she alright. Also glad they talked about Marito past. Now he doesn't seem so unless. But damn talk about a fucking cliffhanger.

Now I want to see the next episode.

4/5.
AntearionAug 30, 2014 10:40 AM
Aug 30, 2014 10:36 AM

Nov 2013

I enjoyed this ep surprisingly. Appreciated the focus on Marito who is my favourite character out of the bunch. If the princess is still alive I'm gonna be so fucking done. I can't be bothered dealing with another false death just to create a bit of drama and forcefully end on a cliffhanger.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 30, 2014 10:37 AM
Sep 2013
Oh shit I didn't expect that at all and how brutal it was. Rayet really screwed this up for everyone now. No chance of stopping this war. Slaine is going to be all heart broken and probably will want to wage war.
Aug 30, 2014 10:38 AM

May 2009
Tommk said:
So its confirmed urobutchi doing ep1-3 and ep9-12 ?

No, Gen said he doesn't want write rest.
Aug 30, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2014
Lol I thought Inko liked Nina. Nina looked cute in that princess dress. Other than that Rayet why did you kill the princess? Aren't you technically a Martian, so aren't you also your own enemy? So confused.

Next episode will probably be Inaho giving the princess CPR and Rayet and Inko getting jealous XD
Aug 30, 2014 10:40 AM

Jun 2008
That scene about Inaho supposedly being interested in Asseylum...-.- did that bitch do what I think she just did?! She was starting to be an eyesore but now Rayet has done it big time. I'm not sure what to think about the end but hopefully Asseylum is not dead and please for the love of everything anime culture please do not have the memory loss crap, coma is more believable but gosh no to memory loss.

Aug 30, 2014 10:42 AM
Feb 2013
...I'm speechless
Osu!!!
Aug 30, 2014 10:42 AM

May 2013
Did Rayet really do that? I hope that she is just unconscious.
Aug 30, 2014 10:43 AM
Oct 2011
Why Rayet why!!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Very good episode, I didn't expect that plot twist...
Jul 2011
She's dead unless she'll be revived (if the doctor gets there soon). The Aldnoah stopped working.

Jan 2014
You guys are too focus on Rayet killing Hime and miss two important parts:

- Yuki talks about Inaho. His friends don't understand him at all. Only Yuki. And she says that he is "on cloud nine" now. She confirms that he has affection toward Asseylum.

- Saazbaum reveals that he is a traitor from the start. and he has his own justice: He is avenging for his love, Orlane, who was killed by Heaven' Fall 15 years ago. Now that's my man.

My wild guess: Inaho will do CPR and save Hime. But she has memory lost. She will be Seylum for the rest of the season, and back to Asseylum at the end of ep 12.
Aug 30, 2014 10:44 AM

May 2009
Don't worry, she will survive. Opening's last sequence must happen.
Aug 30, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
I liked Saazbaum's development this episode. It's finally revealed why he would betray the Vers royalty to invade Earth, and his main reason is for revenge of his ex-fiancee's death during Heaven's Fall. I think it's a pretty childish reason to throw his whole kingdom and Earth into war solely for his revenge (and expanding the Vers empire), but things have definitely gotten more interesting. I thought Cruhteo would be the only one who would start a civil war amongst Vers men, but now Saazbaum seems to be the key player in the civil war subplot, because he hates Vers royalty.

"Let justice be done, though the princess falls." I don't know what made the writers take this sudden twist of events, but maybe if she dies something interesting might happen. Although I highly doubt it =/
Aug 30, 2014 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
Never have I seen a case where I liked so much and yet hated so much at the same time. Lmao

Art and Music are same as last week, fine.

FINALLY, FUCKING FINALLY THEY FLESH OUT A CHARACTER PROPERLY. OMFG THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME A CHARACTER THAT I AM ACTUALLY INVESTED IN. SAAZBAUM!! UGGH. Admits that his superiority complex comes from his jealousy, yes, that is all I wanted, thank you, jesus, this came way too late but better late than never.

We got more focus on the mental state of Marito and Rayet as well. Thank you for this show. Rayet dealing with her jealousy as well, can't stand how the Princess can stay calm in her situation (Which makes sense, no normal person in the Princess' situation would act the way she does) and we get more insight into what caused Marito's PTSD (Though that still begs the question of why he didn't really suffer from it in the first fight we see him in)

They also point out that Inaho is emotionless... Thank you... Ugh... The fact that they never addressed it before just pissed me off.

Now on to the bad.
They still never explained WHY he acts that way though, just that he does. So this kind of confirms he acts the way he does "Just Cause" enjoy that folks. Unless they do explain it later in which case, ignore this part.

So Rayet is a good shot because.. she plays games... *Facepalm* I get it, it's a simulator or whatever, but they say it's a video game before... I hope that she was lying there... That line where they said, "Gamers are formidable" Ugh.. the gamer pandering is strong.

SO IT SEEMS INAHO IS GONNA HAVE A HAREM! Ugh.. I really did not expect them to go this route... I hope it was just a joke, but seriously? Rayet... that one chick.. and the Princess all like Inaho huh? Why? Because he's badass? Because outside of that he's kind of an emotionless yet sassy dickwad. lol

Ya know, I'd be able to take the whole, assassinate the Princess scene more seriously... IF THEY WEREN'T NAKED AND WET! >_> There was NO purpose to that scene being in the showers, they could have easily made it in the halls fully clothed...

Anyway... Either the Princess is alive and the scene was rather forced to created drama... Or she is dead and quite honestly I would be surprised and impressed that they killed off such an important character just because of some random emotional trauma(I know this seems bad but I actually like it a lot, this sort of stuff happens in war). However since she is listed as a main character... I highly doubt she died. Who knows though, gotta wait till next week... yet another cliffhanger.

So much I liked, so much I didn't like. Overall, probably still my favorite episode only because after 8 freakin episodes they FINALLY make an episode with proper character building. Even if it wasn't for Slaine or Inaho... Seriously at this point Saazbaum, Rayet and Marito are all far more interesting and far better fleshed out than the 3 MC's... -_-
Aug 30, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
Inaho should just be into no one. Really don't want him to really like the princess. Actually hope the princess dies. Would put a huge, huge twist on the show. Rayet honestly lost her sanity in that moment. The eyesss.
Aug 30, 2014 10:55 AM

Nov 2013
Keten said:

Ya know, I'd be able to take the whole, assassinate the Princess scene more seriously... IF THEY WEREN'T NAKED AND WET! >_> There was NO purpose to that scene being in the showers, they could have easily made it in the halls fully clothed...

Oh, don't you know? It's something they can remove the censor off to rack up BD sales. Like most series nowadays do.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 30, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
I hope that the princess is dead for good. I may even put up with the death of Cruhteo, if she stays dead. (Abd vice versa: if she is, unfortunately, ressurected, then, I hope, they'll bring him back too.)

I kinda feel for Rayet. She had it worse than the rest of them and she made the worst choice. She has only herself to blame, but she had her reasons too. A truly tragic character.
Of course, princess stupidly going around and talking to everybody was getting on her nerves. Using Nikoleras in the simulation was kind of a dick move from Yuki too.
I hope, that Rayet's role is not finished. It's often that the traitors are quickly killed off in a stories. That's realistic, but I'd like to see a traitor to suvive longer for a change. But, sadly, it seems unlikely.

An interesting way to use Slaine's charm too. I wonder what will he think when he learns about the fate of his gift. >< (He'd better not.)

You can see that they approach Russia, because of the ice in the end. :D Everybody knows that it is always winter here. And I thought that they'd go to Kamchatka for hot springs episode.

Saazbaum is surprisingly less scheming that we thought. But I like this development, it sure is more interesting this way. Though it is strange that he didn't try to win Slaine ower first. Heh, Slaine doesn't get any respect anywhere.
In a way he is more cruel than Cruhteo. His idea of revenge on both royal family and Earth is remarkable, but I hope that he has a hidden agenda about the aldhoah research as well. It would be useful concerning the recent development too.
Also let's pay dues to the wisdom of our comrade chickenonthepan, who predicted the turn with Saazbaum's lover.
Aug 30, 2014 10:57 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Inko was so attentive at that simulation session, but once Yuki brought up Inaho's possible love interests, she was pretty quick to react! XD
I don't think she has that much of a chance though. :p

Poor Marito.. That was some cruel recollection of the battlefield. I hope he recovers somehow.

Slaine's guts is probably made out of stainless steel. Loved how swift he was to point his knife at Saazbaum, asking him not to go after the Princess.
Well, we get to hear his side of story as well. Still don't feel bad for him though.

What the hell, Rayet!? Why would you do that? -.-
I think I know why she did it though. Competing with a Princess in a harem is tough. Taking her out was the best option.

Great episode. I hope Asseylum is still alive though. Haven't seen Cruhteo this time. Hopefully, he isn't dead either.

Aug 30, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2014
And we know they are going to be attacked while they are stranded.
Aug 30, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

Also let's pay dues to the wisdom of our comrade chickenonthepan, who predicted the turn with Saazbaum's lover.

Thank you. But that is just the start. The later part is more interesting than this.

Orlane will come to play soon. They don't give Saazbaum's lover a name and leave her at that.

And if my theory comes true, I will go crazy. :))
Aug 30, 2014 11:00 AM
May 2013
HopeLight said:
I hope she does die this time. The show will be more interesting without a generic peace princess character. She can always have her windpipe cut open to allow air get in and be connected to a medical equipment to maintain her life for the rest of the cour. She'll be in a vegetable state.

That way they won't have an easy ticket out war.

It's true but messed up. Vegetable princess.
Aug 30, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2010
What a way to repay a debt! At first I mean it in a sarcastic tone but then the count told Slaine that he is the traitor.
Inko realizing competition and is flustered!
Marito's full flashback. Having to kill his best friend since he asked for it to end his suffering due to the flame.
The count scorning the royal blood as the war 15 years ago took his beloved!
Rayet's trauma hits again from his betrayal. Wondering how the princess can be so calm and composed when similar things happened to her.
Those eyes were bad news but I didn't see Rayet using a chain to strangle to princess >.> Woah with the ship falling down too.
Aug 30, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
Annnd, dropped.

Hate " fridging for manpainangst" trope. And they had to add it here as if the show was not cliche enough and they killed the only promising character in the show.

Onthe other hand if she DID survive, thats another big asspull for the show full of them. The show can't win either way. Oh well.

2/5
Aug 30, 2014 11:02 AM
Jan 2011
I honestly don't believe for one second that Princess Asseylum is dead.
Aug 30, 2014 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
Did the princess actually die? :O Shit...

7jaws7 said:
I honestly don't believe for one second that Princess Asseylum is dead.

I hope she is, honestly. I really like her character, but it will make things more interesting if she dies.
Aug 30, 2014 11:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
OH MY FUCKING GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wow......Just wow.....Between Saaz's revelation's in the beginning and end and that fucking cliffhanger......Just wow

Aldnoah.Zero.....Why do you do this to me every week lol....This was just fantastic
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2014

433 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 2:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.