Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 30, 2014 8:17 PM

Mar 2014
Red_Keys said:
ITT: "My parents actually accept me and aren't assholes, I'm so oppressed!!"
Care to point out any examples for those of us playing at home?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2014 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
That is unsettling...

Uh...right

I didn't have it that rough (from my parents, at least)

I don't know what to say
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Aug 31, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2012
Mother to his son

"You son of a bitch". Self-owned I would say.

I went from cringe to "wtf why are they beating him"
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Aug 31, 2014 2:26 PM

Mar 2014
Poor kid. That's just horrible.

That vid was an uncomfortable reminder of certain people who live in my house.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Aug 31, 2014 2:57 PM

Mar 2012
He also got like $80,000+ so...........
Let's go bowling.
Aug 31, 2014 4:31 PM

Mar 2012
This is uncomfortable on so many levels: the encounter itself (of course), the fact that he filmed it, and the fact that he's now raking in pity money ... .
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 1, 2014 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
I don't give a shit about this
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Sep 1, 2014 8:19 PM

Feb 2014
I don't believe that you are born gay. But I don't think that you should scold your child for being gay. On another hand, the boy is stupid and the mom is stupid. She is stupid to get pissed off at him for being a homosexual. What is wrong with people, I attend a Private Catholic school and we have a club for homosexuals and we happily support them. He's stupid because he used being a homosexual as a sob story to get money. To be fair he was aiming for $2,000 and got more than that. My family is Catholic and I was happy to know that my parents would support me if I was homosexual(Which I'm not)

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Sep 1, 2014 8:45 PM

Jan 2014
Bottom line: If having sex in the first place is a choice then so is choosing to live the homosexual lifestyle. Whether you are predispositioned genetically towards homosexual behavior or not is irrelevant. The actual lifestyle is a choice.

Also, there is a great deal going on in this video besides just the issue of homosexuality.
Sep 1, 2014 9:49 PM

Nov 2012
You should stop printing the image "murica" as the only hole where these cringe things happen. It's starting to get obnoxious
MomonoSep 1, 2014 9:55 PM
Sep 1, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2008
Jackrabb1t said:
Bottom line: If having sex in the first place is a choice then so is choosing to live the homosexual lifestyle. Whether you are predispositioned genetically towards homosexual behavior or not is irrelevant. The actual lifestyle is a choice.

Care to explain the "homosexual lifestyle" to me....what in the fucking hell is that?

I don't understand what it means.

Is there a "heterosexual lifestyle"?

If so, care to explain that to me as well?

Is there a "Bisexual Lifestyle" too?
Sep 1, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2014
JustALEX said:
Jackrabb1t said:

Care to explain the "homosexual lifestyle" to me....what in the fucking hell is that?

I don't understand what it means.

Is there a "heterosexual lifestyle"?

If so, care to explain that to me as well?

Is there a "Bisexual Lifestyle" too?
Let me dumb this down a bit for you. Homosexual lifestyle = gay sex. The rest should be self-explanatory, even for you.
Sep 1, 2014 10:14 PM

Mar 2012
Bottom line: If living in the first place is a choice then so is not killing yourself. Whether you are predisposed genetically towards wanting to live or not is irrelevant. Not killing yourself is a choice.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 1, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2012
I want to know how the blonde milf lifestyle differs from the skinny redhead with big boobs lifestyle.
Sep 1, 2014 10:23 PM

Dec 2013
"I have friends that are gay but they're just friends, they're not related"
Literally the most retarded statement to slip the mouth of a living human being ever. She's essentially saying "I can choose my friends but not my family so fuck off family"

this kid is in a really tough spot and I'm on his side. I don't think he should accept 90,000$. They should of stopped accepting after they met their goal but at least it's towards an actual cause unlike that fucking potato salad kickstarter

Just need to say this. His mom sounds exactly like Kenny's mom on South Park o_O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2014 10:29 PM

Jun 2008
Jackrabb1t said:
Let me dumb this down a bit for you. Homosexual lifestyle = gay sex. The rest should be self-explanatory, even for you.

Wow.

See, I knew you'd go down this route and unfortunately for you, you didn't catch the simple yet blaring flaw.

Not everyone has sex.

Not on a regular basis anyways.

So, if you're a single homosexual....you're not living the "Homosexual lifestyle" correct?

How could you? You just defined the term by simply having sex.

And that's what it is with everyone when it comes down to it....Sex.

They literally believe gays are having nonstop illicit sex all the time.

Nope.

Gays are just like Straights....sometimes they have sex (when in relationships) and sometimes they DON'T have sex (when they are single).

A "Lifestyle" is not determined by who you have sex with or if you have sex at all.
Sep 1, 2014 10:45 PM

Oct 2009
I wish I didn't live in Georgia...
Sep 1, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2013
Korrvo said:
I want to pretend to be gay and abused so I'll get pity money for it too.
let's go after the beer companies and say their commercials trigger us and make us depressed because we never get invited to parties
Sep 2, 2014 1:19 PM

Feb 2013
Gogetters said:
I wish I didn't live in Georgia...
Sep 2, 2014 2:40 PM

Jan 2014
Josh-i said:
Bottom line: If living in the first place is a choice then so is not killing yourself. Whether you are predisposed genetically towards wanting to live or not is irrelevant. Not killing yourself is a choice.

That was actually an awful analogy and didn't help your case.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 2, 2014 5:00 PM

Jul 2014
I'm gay, and I must say I actually have not chosen it. I tried my very very best to "choose to be straight", and my God nothing worked.

I went online and found a TON of factual scientific evidence on how homosexuals are born that way, and the most interesting is how the more older brothers a boy has, the more likely chance he has of being gay. Well, I have 2 older brothers, and it said boys with 2 older brothers have a 66% chance of being gay. It actually explains a lot, because most gay guys I know actually have at least 1 older brother!

To make some of the sciency part easy and simple to understand: the womb makes anti-bodies with boys because the Y-chromosome is foreign and each pregnancy has more anti-bodies which alter the brain.

I've once considered ex-gay therapy, but I found out that 90% of people who went through it say it doesn't work and many of them end up suicidal... and I bet most of the 10% is just lying to themselves.

His mother is bigoted, and it kinda sucks that she puts her belief in front of her own son. I wonder what my parents will think when I come out to them.

Jackrabb1t said:

Also, there is a great deal going on in this video besides just the issue of homosexuality.

There's a difference between liking the same-sex and actually having sex. A homosexual can have sex with someone of the opposite sex. Does that mean they like the opposite sex? No. It just means they had unpleasant sex.

Let's say, you don't like Italian food. You've been eating Chinese food your whole life. One day, you decide to eat Italian food. Does that mean you like Italian food?
Sep 2, 2014 5:04 PM

Oct 2012
WHO CARES IF THEY ARE AGAINST GAYS LET THEM THEY CANT CHANGE THEIR MIND
RRRRRRRRRR
Sep 2, 2014 5:05 PM

Jun 2014
Damn whats happening to america. Degeneracy is well and alive.
Sep 4, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2014
JustALEX said:
[spoiler]
Jackrabb1t said:

Wow.

See, I knew you'd go down this route and unfortunately for you, you didn't catch the simple yet blaring flaw.

Not everyone has sex.

Not on a regular basis anyways.

So, if you're a single homosexual....you're not living the "Homosexual lifestyle" correct?

How could you? You just defined the term by simply having sex.

And that's what it is with everyone when it comes down to it....Sex.

They literally believe gays are having nonstop illicit sex all the time.

Nope.

Gays are just like Straights....sometimes they have sex (when in relationships) and sometimes they DON'T have sex (when they are single).

A "Lifestyle" is not determined by who you have sex with or if you have sex at all.
[/spoiler]A homosexual is as a homosexual does. A murderer is as a murderer does. An alcoholic is as an alcoholic does. A person can have a real genetic predisposition towards sodomy, drunkenness, or murder without acting upon said predisposition.

I'm not going to play semantical games with you. I think you understand my point just fine, and my point stands.

Let's talk temptation for a moment. That urge to do something that you shouldn't do. Nowhere in the Bible will you find "It is a sin to be tempted. Thou shalt not experience temptation ever!" Actually the Bible makes it clear that everyone will experience temptation. Our predispositions, whether based in our genes or in our minds, are not in themselves evil, but acting upon them could be. I don't think God has a problem with people who are attracted to the same gender. But according to the Bible, He's got a big problem with those who act upon that attraction, because that's where He draws the line. But heck I didn't write the Bible, if you want someone to hate, go hate God.

Skaros said:
Let's say, you don't like Italian food. You've been eating Chinese food your whole life. One day, you decide to eat Italian food. Does that mean you like Italian food?
No, it means you are an eater of Italian food. Liking or not liking is irrelevant.
Sep 5, 2014 2:43 AM

Aug 2013
DAVIES17 said:
WHO CARES IF THEY ARE AGAINST GAYS LET THEM THEY CANT CHANGE THEIR MIND

Yes, yes they can.
Sep 5, 2014 2:55 AM

Jan 2011
I wish I was gay, go on tinder, BOOM! Get laid.
Sep 5, 2014 4:02 AM

Apr 2012
mclovinballz said:
Korrvo said:
ya man
this one time I got really nervous about a test I had to take so I probably have a really bad case anxiety disorder
also I play Minecraft and I like everything to be neat and tidy so I probably have some seriously crippling OCD too
oh and I'm not homophobic so I'm probably a girl in a man's body as well
no bully pls I have feelings too you know
That won't get us anywhere, brb. Going to go get diagnosed with Bipolar and aspergers.

Pretty much anyone can get diagnosed with aspergers syndrome now-a-days. I know that with ADHD, there was a system in place where teachers would falsely claim their students had ADHD in exchange for money. Perhaps I should start a pharmaceutical company and start selling sugar pills?
Jan 7, 2015 7:18 PM

Aug 2014
I don't know... that kid is a douche and it looked like he was kicked out more for being a disrespectful little shit than being gay...

But can gays change? Sure they can... the real question is who cares? If a gay person changes their sexuality, does it harm anyone? Nope.... niether does it harm them if they stay gay... So quite personally.... let them open up the gay conversion therapy clinics... and I don't care if they work or not. Cause it's people's own choice to go to them..

Personally, I think all the intervention would be unnessasary, and I tihnk if change is possible it's some type of them that has to come from within or something.... but then again, I'm in no place to bash groups that claim to cure homosexuality... it's none of my business, so let them do what they want. If it doesn't work... big deal
Jan 8, 2015 1:53 PM

Mar 2008
^Its not a choice to go to some gay cure clinic its usually something parents force on their kids. If its just adults sure whatever they want
Jan 8, 2015 1:58 PM

Aug 2014
traed said:
^Its not a choice to go to some gay cure clinic its usually something parents force on their kids. If its just adults sure whatever they want

Well... as long as someone consents, I don't care. And while I don't believe it's a choice, I do not doubt the possibility it can change... I just doubt that it's something a group of people (Who usually are after money anyway) can do for you.
Jan 9, 2015 6:36 AM

Dec 2014
wow... murica is more fked up than I previously thought. I'm not gay, but I don't like seeing stuff like this where people gets pushed around just because they are homosexual
Jan 9, 2015 6:53 AM

Mar 2014
Sexuality is too complex to just dismiss with "Natural or unnatural". Even science doesn't understand it. For the sake of humans, people need to be tolerant of the others. And especially their sexuality.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 9, 2015 7:10 AM

Dec 2014
Lencurryboy said:
I couldn't finish watching the video because it made me feel sick
homophobia is terrible and I'm very sorry for that guy who has that terrible parents.

on another note: homophobia is really strong on MAL so is racism, transphobia and ableism but that's not rly ot

Sadly true

And yea, the vid is pretty sickening
Jan 9, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
What's all this "homophobia" on MAL? I don't see what people are talking about... I'm pretty sure people calling something "gay" instead of lame is probably the height of homophobia... And that's nothing

I mean... I hear people make jokes.. like if I said, "violins are for fags and queers, real men play the fiddle"... that would be an obvious joke, and nobody should take offense to that.

But other then people calling things "Gay" and making jokes (which I make offensive jokes about all people, every demographic deserves to be made fun of equally)... I don't see anytyhing else you can call homophobic
silversongwriterJan 9, 2015 10:03 AM
Jan 9, 2015 10:23 AM

Jan 2014
silversongwriter said:
What's all this "homophobia" on MAL? I don't see what people are talking about... I'm pretty sure people calling something "gay" instead of lame is probably the height of homophobia... And that's nothing

I mean... I hear people make jokes.. like if I said, "violins are for fags and queers, real men play the fiddle"... that would be an obvious joke, and nobody should take offense to that.

But other then people calling things "Gay" and making jokes (which I make offensive jokes about all people, every demographic deserves to be made fun of equally)... I don't see anytyhing else you can call homophobic

Everyone knows that disagreeing with the gay lifestyle is homophobic. Where have you been?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 9, 2015 12:40 PM

Aug 2014
RedRoseFring said:
silversongwriter said:

Everyone knows that disagreeing with the gay lifestyle is homophobic. Where have you been?

That's the thing... I haven't seen much of that on MAL, most people here are actually pretty liberal. And if disagreeing with the gay lifestyle is homophobic, then homophobia is a very weak and meaningless term that truely tells nothing about a person.

By that definition, a guy who wants to kill gays and your average christian are pretty much one in the same... If homophobia doesn't refer to hatred, but rather disagreement, then it's a pretty weak term, and not even a real insult
Jan 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
I was expecting the Former Soviet Republic. Not the US.
Jan 9, 2015 1:12 PM

May 2014
JustALEX said:

So, the thing I take out of this is how the family kept saying that this kid CHOSE this.

And I keep wondering why the FUCK would ANYONE choose to be ostracized and disowned by their own family?

Oh yeah....'Murica.
It's one thing to say the kid chose to be gay, its another to disown him for it as his family, smh. I do agree that this is wrong. Though I'm not surprised by how they reacted towards this, given the gay community in Georgia (you'd be surprised how many gay black men there are in Georgia).
Click my sig
Jan 9, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
_Izaya_ said:
JustALEX said:

So, the thing I take out of this is how the family kept saying that this kid CHOSE this.

And I keep wondering why the FUCK would ANYONE choose to be ostracized and disowned by their own family?

Oh yeah....'Murica.
It's one thing to say the kid chose to be gay, its another to disown him for it as his family, smh. I do agree that this is wrong. Though I'm not surprised by how they reacted towards this, given the gay community in Georgia (you'd be surprised how many gay black men there are in Georgia).

Apparently she said he was talking shit about his own father.... if this boy can be kicked out, obviously he's old enough to be an adult. If you believe the family, and assume they're not lying, this kid is a little prick. Now... it's possible they are lying, but we don't know from the video. I'm not bashing this family, because if they disagree with something the does... which I don't know if he has a lover, if he does, then it would be a choice. And the family shouldn't have to support something they see as wrong. Plus, the kid is better off leaving. I think the best thing for all of them, the boy included, is for him and his family to never see one another again. Some people just aren't meant to be together

he also has dumb grasp on biology.
Jan 9, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2015
Here I am...surprised that children go to their fathers and tell them that they are gay.
Anime is the prime example of why 2 nukes weren't enough.
Jan 10, 2015 3:30 PM

Aug 2014

hmmm... he chose to leave from his own accord. He said, "I'll leave". He could have said, I'll change, even if it was a lie. If he was a christian, he'd believe God could change him, and if he was an athiest... then it wouldn't matter. He'd be better off not there. I doubt he'd ever connect with them anyways. They

Also, he wasn't hit for being gay, he was hit cause he was talking shit. I'd get kicked out the house too if I talked shit to my parents like this little punk did. And the fact he video taped it to embarrass his family proves he's nothing but an attention whore. "Ooh, my situation is so hard.. boo fucking hoo"

Got 0 sympathy.
Jan 10, 2015 3:35 PM

Sep 2012
^ So when are you gonna come out of the closet?
Jan 10, 2015 4:16 PM

Aug 2014
Red_Keys said:
^ So when are you gonna come out of the closet?

Why don't you find a nice cozy one and lock yourself in it?
Jan 10, 2015 5:42 PM

Apr 2012
The pure ignorance made me cringe.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 10, 2015 6:51 PM

Oct 2009
silversongwriter said:

hmmm... he chose to leave from his own accord. He said, "I'll leave". He could have said, I'll change, even if it was a lie. If he was a christian, he'd believe God could change him, and if he was an athiest... then it wouldn't matter. He'd be better off not there. I doubt he'd ever connect with them anyways. They

Also, he wasn't hit for being gay, he was hit cause he was talking shit. I'd get kicked out the house too if I talked shit to my parents like this little punk did. And the fact he video taped it to embarrass his family proves he's nothing but an attention whore. "Ooh, my situation is so hard.. boo fucking hoo"

Got 0 sympathy.
My face is red from all the facepalms your post made happen.
Jan 10, 2015 7:14 PM

Oct 2012
Gogetters said:
My face is red from all the facepalms your post made happen.

Jan 10, 2015 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
Gogetters said:

Got 0 sympathy.
My face is red from all the facepalms your post made happen.[/quote]

the truth normally does that
Jan 10, 2015 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
silversongwriter said:

blah blah

toyall123Jan 10, 2015 7:21 PM
Jan 10, 2015 8:04 PM

Aug 2014
toyall123 said:
silversongwriter said:

blah blah

blah blah blah blah?
Jan 10, 2015 8:23 PM

May 2014
Immahnoob said:
The pure ignorance made me cringe.

Literally this.

Seriously SSW, by showing such zealous hatred of the LGBT community, you're making yourself look like someone who's clearly insecure about their sexuality. You're making yourself look like the people who you swear up and down are just the worst people among humankind. So if I were you, I'd do one of the following:

1. Accept your gay and use this opportunity to come out to the forums.
2. Keep your opinions to yourself.
3. Quit MAL.
4. Ignore topics like this (the hide topic button is there for a reason).

Whether you're gay or not and refuse to come out of the closet, you really need to stop. It's tiring having to read the same tripe from you about topics like this.
Click my sig
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.