Forum Settings
Forums

Good romance shows which aren't set in high-school ?

New
Aug 29, 2014 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
I'm looking for some romance shows with no harems, as less drama as possible, no love triangles or other crap like that, no mecha and preferably something which isn't set in high-school cause most of the romance anime are set in high-school, unfortunately.

Something that's not on my list please. Thanks.
Aug 29, 2014 11:11 AM
Jul 2013
I'm interested in this too.
There are some that I haven't watched and not sure how good they are... I'm thinking about watching them, maybe.
Natsuyuki Randezvous - but there's some drama, I think.
Nana-not set in high-school but a lot of drama in it, that's why I can't make myself watch it xD
Golden Time - it's very popular and people say it's very good. I think it's not set in high school, but I'm not sure!
Spice and Wolf
Nodame Cantabile

There's also Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi and Junjou Romantica - if you don't mind yaoi- they are really good! And, when it comes to yaoi, I would also recommend Love Stage!

Hope this helped you!

I'm looking forward to other answers too! xD
Aug 29, 2014 11:15 AM

Jun 2012
Hakuouki Hekketsuroku
Tsubasa Chronicle
Kobato.
Romeo x Juliet
Paradise Kiss
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
I draw stuffzzz 》》Deviantart《《

Aug 29, 2014 11:24 AM
Aug 29, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
Golden Time, but there is a fair bit of drama.
Aug 29, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
lalatylerful said:
Hakuouki Hekketsuroku
Tsubasa Chronicle
Kobato.
Romeo x Juliet
Paradise Kiss
Natsuyuki Rendezvous

From what i've read, Natuyuki Randevous is a love triangle, so i won't watch it.

Exerorg said:
Golden Time, but there is a fair bit of drama.

I also read that there are some love triangles in Golden Time, so, again, it's a no.

Higashi No Eden is the only one that looks decent. But thanks to all of you anyway.
Aug 29, 2014 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
bump
Aug 29, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2012
Another vote for Nodame Cantabile

Ristorante Paradiso - young Japanese woman works in a restaurant in Italy where all the staff are older men with glasses

Saiunkoku Monogatari - another reverse harem set in a fantasy Asian land that looks like T'ang China (600-900 CE)

Kuragehime - young woman who loves jellyfish lives with four other female otaku; their lives are disrupted by the arrival of a flamboyant guest

Oh! Edo Rocket - strange young woman asks fireworks maker to build her a rocket to the moon; set in 1843-44 Edo
Aug 29, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2013
Nodame Cantabile upvote

Genshiken is based in college, has some romance which builds more towards the second season.
Aug 29, 2014 1:56 PM

Jun 2014
SeijiSensei said:
Another vote for Nodame Cantabile

Ristorante Paradiso - young Japanese woman works in a restaurant in Italy where all the staff are older men with glasses

Saiunkoku Monogatari - another reverse harem set in a fantasy Asian land that looks like T'ang China (600-900 CE)

Kuragehime - young woman who loves jellyfish lives with four other female otaku; their lives are disrupted by the arrival of a flamboyant guest

Oh! Edo Rocket - strange young woman asks fireworks maker to build her a rocket to the moon; set in 1843-44 Edo

I dropped Nodame Cantabile because anime focused on music is not for me plus the two main lovers are annoying.

And you misunderstood my post. I said NO reverse harem. I fucking hate those more than anything.

But thanks, i guess...
Aug 29, 2014 5:00 PM

Jun 2014
Ai yori aoshi
Allison to lillia
Sword art online
Rumbling hearts
Koi kaze
Toshokan sensou
Aug 29, 2014 5:05 PM

Nov 2013
Go nuts and watch Kaiba.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 29, 2014 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
blessofcurse said:
Ai yori aoshi
Allison to lillia
Sword art online
Rumbling hearts
Koi kaze
Toshokan sensou

The first one looks pretty decent. Thanks.
Aug 29, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2013
characters start of in high school but the show goes further into their lives so there's barely any showing of the "high-school life":

Kimi no Iru Machi
Kimi ga Nozumu Eien
Aug 29, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2014
Princess Tutu is a brilliant mahou shoujo anime focused mostly but not only on romance. It has a lot of GOOD drama and you'll be glad you watched it I assure you.

More topics from this board

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

DaydreamPhoenix - 6 hours ago

2 by DaydreamPhoenix »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - 11 hours ago

6 by Ohayotaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Pick the best one for me.

phantom346 - Apr 12

6 by His0kaDevv »»
3 hours ago

» Any recommendations for similar Anime like this?

D_33 - Apr 10

13 by Dauphine »»
5 hours ago

» Manga where the childhood friend loses?

VanVeleca - 6 hours ago

0 by VanVeleca »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.